Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2010, 10:02   #826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Have filled Nitrous 35 in all tyres yesterday to check. The ride is becoming too bumpy. so i have to switch over to 33 again.

Damage: 40rs
Try in IOCL Aswin.
For Normal Diesel also they might give you Free N2 filling.It depends on the relationship with the staffs there.
For me,It's free in my nearest IOCL station for Normal Diesel.
Old 11th January 2010, 10:28   #827
Senior - BHPian

I have already tried in IOCL karthik. the bunk near airport has nitrogen but most of the time it is out of order.

I always fill N2 at MRF TYREDROME as you can never rely on these petrol pumps whether they give pure N2 or not.

And also the meter in machine needs calibraton regularly and you never know whether it is actually 35 when the meter shows 35psi.

Only thing i havent tried is to check pressure on cold tyres as i have always filled N2 after driving the car.

Perhaps i need to get a air pressure meter to check tyre pressure in cold !!
Old 11th January 2010, 10:36   #828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have already tried in IOCL karthik. the bunk near airport has nitrogen but most of the time it is out of order.

I always fill N2 at MRF TYREDROME as you can never rely on these petrol pumps whether they give pure N2 or not.

And also the meter in machine needs calibraton regularly and you never know whether it is actually 35 when the meter shows 35psi.

Only thing i havent tried is to check pressure on cold tyres as i have always filled N2 after driving the car.

Perhaps i need to get a air pressure meter to check tyre pressure in cold !!
But i have filled N2 only in cold.
Petrol Bunk is rought .5kms from my house.
I usually go there after 10PM and fill Diesel and N2.
For N2,They have a Very good machine and is very accurate as per the Manager there.
But i tried with different psi and settled with 30 and 27 psi.
For long drives/Full load i use 30 psi in all tyres.
Old 12th January 2010, 07:48   #829
Senior - BHPian

My car is nearing the 2nd service. just 1250 kms more. the service reminder has already started beeping. I thought i might give the car for service at 14.5k kms .

the manual states the warrant is for 15k or 1 year right?

what if i take the car past 15k and if they charge me for spares and others?

what have you other guys done?
Old 12th January 2010, 12:46   #830
BANNED

Quote:
My car is nearing the 2nd service. just 1250 kms more. the service reminder has already started beeping. I thought i might give the car for service at 14.5k kms .

the manual states the warrant is for 15k or 1 year right?

what if i take the car past 15k and if they charge me for spares and others?

what have you other guys done?
I don't think there would be any issue till 16K kms, it'll still be 15K free service. I got my 1st service done at 3700 kms instead of 3000 kms

However, time permits, I would get the 2nd service done at 14.5K. Better to be on time or a bit earlier
Old 12th January 2010, 22:08   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I don't think there would be any issue till 16K kms, it'll still be 15K free service. I got my 1st service done at 3700 kms instead of 3000 kms

However, time permits, I would get the 2nd service done at 14.5K. Better to be on time or a bit earlier
Amit , How r u dude ? the forum was missing you !!

Go for the 15000km service at 15000km . I did it at 15063. My bill was 1750 /- and this cost was majorly for oil change. I was tempted to go for the service earlier just like you guys thinking .just wait i say !
Old 12th January 2010, 23:05   #832
Senior - BHPian

When i switched on the car in the morning i found this flashing on the dashboard

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-12012010661.jpg

The MID showed " Check RHS Turn Indicators".

When i checked the turn indicator the right front turn indicator had gone Kaput

I opened the bonnet and removed the indicator bulb as given in the manual and and reinserted it and checked again , but still the Light was flashing

Called the TASS and checked with them and they said the light bulb was available . but i was reluctant to go 24kms just for a light bulb. so i noted down the specs from the SA and searched the local shop.

To my surprise it was available.

It was the orange 12 volt philips indicator light costing only Rs.35/-. Bought it and replaced it and checked again and this time there was no flashing of the light on dash.

Happy that i could do this as DIY thing.

Old 12th January 2010, 23:57   #833
Senior - BHPian

Hey Dr. Ashwin

You were anyway an expert in repairing humans
now it seems you are gaining expertise in repairing cars
but if the auto technicians come to know they may organize a Dharana (=strike) in front of your house.

Good work, keep it up.
Old 13th January 2010, 15:15   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hey Dr. Ashwin

You were anyway an expert in repairing humans
now it seems you are gaining expertise in repairing cars
but if the auto technicians come to know they may organize a Dharana (=strike) in front of your house.

Good work, keep it up.
Dr. Ashwin is not the only one, as I know two more doctors who does most of the car repair by themselves. They are here.
Old 13th January 2010, 18:12   #835
Senior - BHPian

Accidentally went over a mountain like speedbreaked today as a result heared a loud thud

My car started vibrating all over !!. Was very worried and took the car immediately to TASS

On hoisting on the ramp the engine guard was again bent ( body part) and bore the brunt of the injury and was hitching on the silencer tube.

Finally they straightened it out and the car is back to its smoothness

This time it has happened at slow speed itself!!

Now it is becoming a rather unplesant issue.

may be it is time for me to buy a hoising ramp and install it at my home.

The service advisor says that he atleast gets 2-3 lineas per week with bent engine guard

Though it is good to have a engine guard, i would prefer it to be a bit thicker and sturdy rather than being so flimsy!!

have any others felt the same? has anyone here had your engine guard straightened out?

Last edited by geeash : 13th January 2010 at 18:14.
Old 13th January 2010, 18:20   #836
BHPian

I straightened it out once but its like the dog's tail. Keep hitting the bottom and go get it straightened.

Do it religoiusly like your hair cuts. I do go to TASS everymonth just like that to do such minor works.
Old 13th January 2010, 20:18   #837
BHPian

Hi Geeash/Ashwin,

I have been reading quite a lot of Linea review on T Bhp before and after purchasing the Italian Beauty myself. Linea - Petrol Emotion Pack - Flamenco Red. I have read your reviews and quite appreciate your efforts in describing every minute detail of your experience with the car.

I got mine in October 2009 and will be going for my first service by next weekend. So far I have been quite satisfied with the car. I however have encountered one problem with the audio controls on the steering. The down button for changing radiostations in my car seems to get stuck on one station - 98.3. If I press the button again the stereo jumps only between two stations. I then have to resort to using the up arrow which works fine and the stereo moves through all stations which are tuned.
Thought of asking this question on team bhp to fellow linea owners if anyone has faced a similar problem. I was out of station for some time after the purchase and didn't go to the dealership with this problem. Thought of getting it fixed then when I take her for the first 3 month service.

I got the delivery on October 15th and I have read posts regarding the product recall for the clutch cylinders. Anyone here from Mumbai and got the car from Wasan Motors - Borivali? Did you have to give the Wasan Motors Service center some prior notice for the replacement or was it done promptly when you went there?

Raj
Old 13th January 2010, 20:35   #838
BHPian

Hey Raj, mine was delivered on 15 Oct too! mine is a vocal white 1.4.
Old 14th January 2010, 08:51   #839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thought of asking this question on team bhp to fellow linea owners if anyone has faced a similar problem

so far i havent faced any problem with steering controls mate

i dont think anybody else here has the problem too
Old 14th January 2010, 18:38   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajBajwa View Post
Hi Geeash/Ashwin,

I however have encountered one problem with the audio controls on the steering. The down button for changing radiostations in my car seems to get stuck on one station - 98.3. If I press the button again the stereo jumps only between two stations. I then have to resort to using the up arrow which works fine and the stereo moves through all stations which are tuned.
Thought of asking this question on team bhp to fellow linea owners if anyone has faced a similar problem. I was out of station for some time after the purchase and didn't go to the dealership with this problem. Thought of getting it fixed then when I take her for the first 3 month service.

Raj
Just re-boot the Blue & Me once . Disconnect the battery and reconnect. That woks 99% times.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks