Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:15   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
140 is awesome dude. How was the overall stability and steering feedback at those speeds? And thank God, please don't try road races, not advisable, not worth it. Whats the mileage you're getting now?
Stability: Ok (Body was trembling lightly, NOT vibrating - felt it more as the road was not exactly what we can term as smooth with patchworks and loose dirt)

Steering feedback: good (could steer past a brick lying right in the middle of the fast lane without feeling any body roll / instability)

I feel that the chassis of the i10 tends to give away before the tires (I am running upgraded 185/60/R14 Yoko ES100)

My odo stands somewhere around 1950, and when I calculated last, I was getting 11 - 11.5 kmpl. I filled up last sunday with the autocut method, and shall fill up tomorrow with autocut to calculate the most recent FE. Shall update it here soon after that.

Last edited by blackasta : 23rd October 2009 at 11:18.
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:57   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I feel that the chassis of the i10 tends to give away before the tires (I am running upgraded 185/60/R14 Yoko ES100)
Dp you mean in terms of road handling/stability/control, or are you seeing some deterioration over time in the quality of the chassis itself?
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:36   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Dp you mean in terms of road handling/stability/control, or are you seeing some deterioration over time in the quality of the chassis itself?
Its in term of handling/stability/control
Old 24th October 2009, 16:10   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whats the mileage you're getting now?
Quote:

My odo stands somewhere around 1950, and when I calculated last, I was getting 11 - 11.5 kmpl. I filled up last sunday with the autocut method, and shall fill up tomorrow with autocut to calculate the most recent FE. Shall update it here soon after that.
Crossed 2000 kms today (odo reads 2041 kms), and latest mileage calculated is around 13.3 kmpl
Old 24th October 2009, 16:17   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Crossed 2000 kms today (odo reads 2041 kms), and latest mileage calculated is around 13.3 kmpl
Now THAT is excellent. 13.3 kmpl are real good figures. I think it all boils down to usage. Probably the reason why Tejas is getting such low mileage & me getting average mileage. Will make it a habit to use the car more often, encourage the women at home to use it.

Also depends on an individual's driving style and how he drives an Automatic which also counts. Btw how is your driving style, aggressive or sedate (discounting your 140kmph dash)?

Last edited by anilkalvani : 24th October 2009 at 16:20.
Old 24th October 2009, 16:25   #246
Team-BHP Support

13.3 kmpl in an auto is freakingly good. I would get my wife one if I was confident she would get similar figures ! B R A V O !
Old 24th October 2009, 16:30   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now THAT is excellent. 13.3 kmpl are real good figures. I think it all boils down to usage. Probably the reason why Tejas is getting such low mileage & me getting average mileage. Will make it a habit to use the car more often, encourage the women at home to use it.

Also depends on an individual's driving style and how he drives an Automatic which also counts. Btw how is your driving style, aggressive or sedate (discounting your 140kmph dash)?
My driving style can be termed as sedate - I avoid sprinting out from signals, try to upshift at 2500rpm, and hold around 80-100 on highways. But sometimes, I do get a little irritated/excited and sudden bursts of kickdown/brake-gas-brake do happen (though not very frequently).
My daily commute consists of the following breakup one way -

1 km in super congested road (around 20 kmph) +
9 kms in a congested 2 lane national highway feeder road (around 40-50 kmph) +
2 kms on a regular wide road but with a compulsory traffic jam (2 kmph -40 kmph ) +
11 kms on a 3+3 divided bypass road (80+ kmph )

same while returning from office

you can get the details of the mileage calculation here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1547034

Last edited by blackasta : 24th October 2009 at 16:33.
Old 24th October 2009, 21:03   #248
BHPian

Thats a pretty detailed report on your driving routine blackasta and its pretty helpful too. ~13kmpl on the AT is brilliant!
My 1.2 AT Sportz is 850km old.It used to give me 7.5-8kmpl for the first few hunderd km,8-8.5kmpl currently.
Can't wait for first servicing,hoping to get it up to 9 at least and 10-11 after the second servicing.AC is on 95% of the time.
Hey blackasta did you get 13 with AC on or without AC?
Also did you replace air filter with K&N or switched to extra premium/power or something like that?
Old 24th October 2009, 21:45   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun1 View Post
Can't wait for first servicing,hoping to get it up to 9 at least and 10-11 after the second servicing.
IMO they do not do anything performance enhancing during the first service. Its the engine that begins to smoothen out after 1000 kms.

Quote:
Hey blackasta did you get 13 with AC on or without AC?
See I use the AC as long as it takes to cool the interiors, then switch it off, and again turn it on when I need to cool the interiors again. Kind of a crude manually operated and human sense based climate control

Quote:
Also did you replace air filter with K&N or switched to extra premium/power or something like that?
No after market air filters (does K&N even market one for i10??) , & I use plain HP unleaded fuel from a trusted station.

There was a kind of guide to driving an A/T vehicle posted somewhere in tbhp. Let me check whether I can link to that thread.

@anilkalvani

Do you feel that your ownership thread is becoming kind of a generic i10 discussion thread? I guess we can surely take this discussion elsewhere if you mind.

update:

here's the link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1415454

Last edited by blackasta : 24th October 2009 at 21:49. Reason: linked thread
Old 24th October 2009, 21:52   #250
BHPian

Quote:
@anilkalvani

Do you feel that your ownership thread is becoming kind of a generic i10 discussion thread? I guess we can surely take this discussion elsewhere if you mind.
I have no problem. We get to share our experiences, and get to know and learn so much. As long as we talk about the car ownership experience, ideas, tricks and not mindless irrelevant stuff, please keep writing.
--
Sent from my BB
Old 18th November 2010, 11:52   #251
BHPian

1 year & 7 months down

Done just about 6100 kms. Been using the car for the past whole week as usually its with mom. This time i got the tank full & set psi to 33. I got 9.65km/litre. NO change in my driving style, i.e. first off the signal, kick-down as much as possible, 100% a/c, heavy right foot, also dense bumper-to-bumper traffic. So i am really pleased with it. Maybe, according to my observation, its got to do with minimum drive of 12-14kms at a stretch. With mom, its always been driving in Bandra locally with 1-2kms drives max.

But i am honestly pleased with my car, its the best urban-80bhp-affordable-automatic car available today in my opinion. No wonder Mom doesn't let go of it that easily.

P.S.
I Love EPS. Whatever people say, its 'the' best option for city driving IMO.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 18th November 2010 at 12:04. Reason: PS
Old 19th November 2010, 17:14   #252
BHPian

Front Windscreen Fog Problems

Hi Guys,

I'm having a major fogging problem on the front windscreen in my NGi10SAT. Constantly having to use the AC with the vents pointed towards the screen....and with the Delhi cold, its not really the best of situations to be in !

None of my other cars exhibit this to such an extent - what could be the issue here ?
Old 15th February 2011, 20:05   #253
BHPian

Re: My New Hyundai i10 Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Owners, please can you tell me the top speed you have achieved? I reached upto 130 easily and then she laboured to climb to 140 and stayed there. Tried with OD off as well but no luck.
Shouldn't you keep the OD on at such high speeds?
Old 9th September 2011, 15:02   #254
BHPian

Been a long while since i upgraded this thread. Nothing eventful. Just one MAJOR grouse. No intermittent wipers. C'mon Hyundai how can you be so cheap. You feel the need in the monsoons so much.

So the car has clocked 9,200kms as of today. F.E. is low & hovers between 7-8kmpl compared to my Vento 9.5-11kmpl which has been more consistent. But nothing can beat my Logan, 14kmpl in the city, that too Diesel.

Other than that, nothing eventful. Its so reliable, its boring.
Old 2nd May 2012, 01:04   #255
BHPian

Any updates Anil? Its been a long time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks