Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2009, 16:57   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Thanks, but how does one reach Vagamon from sabarimala or erumely.
From Erumely should I go via Kottayam or Pala/Ranni or via ----- ?

From Sabarimala, route is Erumely > Kanjirappally > Erattupetta > Vagamon.

This is the shortest route and roads are good too.

Now, reaching Erumely from Sabarimala, you have multiple options, but AFAIK, the shortest route , I think, is through Azhutha > Pamba Valley > Erumely. This dist should be approx 60 kms. Erumely > Kanjirappally is around 15. Kanjirappally > Erattupetta is approx 20. I am not sure about Erattupetta > Vagamon dist though..(My guess is around 20 kms)
Old 5th June 2009, 23:43   #77
sps
BHPian

What joecherian told is very correct. Just remember the names of these places. that is all. Roads are pretty good plus there are directions too. If you ask for Vagamon route to any local, since there are some 2 - 3 routes you will get confused. So from sabarimala you should ask for erumeli. at erumeli ask for kanjirappaly and so on.

I stayed at Vagamon heights where it is a sort of package, like stay + boating + trekking + fishing + horse riding etc for 2 adults and 2 kids @ 4000/-. Might get some reduction as the season is over. Nice homely food and very homely resort staff. contact details are here VAGMON HEIGHTS. If you need more help please call me @94474 50625.

Since it is raining at times please do be careful about leech. They will be happy to feed on your blood. Please do carry a bottle of detol to wash your feet. They will not come near if there is smell of detol.
Another resort is vagamon hideout - Vagamon hide out - the SAJ heritage-, Vagamon, Vagamon Hotels, Hotels in Vagamon, Idukki, Kerala, India-hotelskerala.com
little expensive though

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
From Sabarimala, route is Erumely > Kanjirappally > Erattupetta > Vagamon.

This is the shortest route and roads are good too.

Now, reaching Erumely from Sabarimala, you have multiple options, but AFAIK, the shortest route , I think, is through Azhutha > Pamba Valley > Erumely. This dist should be approx 60 kms. Erumely > Kanjirappally is around 15. Kanjirappally > Erattupetta is approx 20. I am not sure about Erattupetta > Vagamon dist though..(My guess is around 20 kms)
Old 6th June 2009, 11:17   #78
BHPian

Congrats , Red really looks awesome,
by the way I like your sons pose in the pg1 last pic .
Old 6th June 2009, 16:07   #79
Senior - BHPian

[quote=sps;129073. Plan to get some rollable windshield for the front windscreen.[/QUOTE]

yeah that could be a better idea for the time till you get front film done atleast better when parked ourside under sun.Cool pics of your another trip mate.
Old 10th June 2009, 09:43   #80
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Great pix pal.
Changanacherry -Vagamon route is great. Nice road too.
Thanks jkdas, between nice profile pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by passion4cars View Post
Congrats , Red really looks awesome,
by the way I like your sons pose in the pg1 last pic .
Thanks passion4cars!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
yeah that could be a better idea for the time till you get front film done atleast better when parked ourside under sun.Cool pics of your another trip mate.
thanks vijaythacker
Old 10th June 2009, 11:38   #81
BHPian

Congratulations

Congratulations Man.

You just owned a heaven on road, Innova is a Car with ultimate luxury and safety.

Be Happy and Drive Safe.
Old 11th June 2009, 09:59   #82
sps
BHPian

Managed to start a travelogue of my vagamon trip

herez the link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...e-package.html
Old 17th August 2009, 14:45   #83
sps
BHPian

8000 km update

Odo reading
8000 km in 8 months. 3rd service due in another 2k kilometers which will be covered by the trips planned for in September.

Observations
  1. No issues so far.
  2. Ease of use in city. Got used to city driving so much that now a days never takes my small hatch to city. Parking manners are good too, except that one need to think about the protruding back.
  3. Small turning radius compared to its size. What amazes me the most is the way this vehicle takes U turns and the way I could take reverse in places where onlookers say that it is not possible.
  4. No rattles till date.
  5. Happy with the color which I chose as after every wash I feel pretty happy with its looks.
  6. One or two times I felt like the vehicle is not stopping where I intend it to stop while braking, checked up the brakes, but no issue with the brakes, May be that I underestimated the pace of the vehicle or may be I was too cautious of the comfort of the people inside which deterred me from jamming the brakes, I usually try to avoid quick stops and starts as far as possible.
Dents and Scratches
  1. Got a pretty visible sractch in the lower most portion of front bumper's left side. Did not see a raised basement surrounding a flag post. Was parking the vehicle close to the flag post
  2. A motorbike rammed gently to the back bumper during a traffic signal stop. Luckily no scratch, A small dent which is not visible from back, but only from the side and that too not quite visible.
  3. One of the chrome door strip started to peel off. Applied some glue to fix it, but still it is not in its original shape. Seems like dust entered under the strip while it came off.
Upgrades Planned
  1. Alloys - my first preference, but somehow could not convince my family especially my better half. Now regretting the decision of not exchanging it when it was new. But at that time the problem was that I did not liked whatever I saw on the tyre shops here in my city.
  2. Feeling the need for a amp/sub/bass tube whenever I am travelling alone. But the lack of good installers here is making me fearful in attempting it.
Old 5th October 2009, 15:11   #84
sps
BHPian

10 months and 10k Kms

Crossed 10k mark last week when I was on a family trip covering ~ 1500kms.
During one occasion I had to travel with 6 adults and 2 kids and their luggage for 500km. I was little apprehensive about the comfort of the last seat passengers. But surprisingly they did not have any complaints. Ofcourse I drove slowly and ensured that there are no sharp turnings and sudden brakings. Only problem I felt was that, there was a reduction in pick up which I was not used to, since it was for the first time I was travelling with this many passengers in a highway. Positive thing is that the vehicle feels more planted on the road when the load is increased and the joy of travelling and spending time together.

Due for third service and the first oil change. Has taken appointment for tomorrow. Anything special to be taken care of?

It has been a good experience so far satisfying all my needs especially during long tours.
Fatigue levels are definitely lesser when undertaking tours of more than 1000 kms. Small irregularities in the road does not affect the passengers as well as the cruising speed.

My new home on highways - simpson red Toyota Innova-innuscene1.jpg
Old 7th October 2009, 18:53   #85
sps
BHPian

3rd service Update

Well I took my innova for third service yesterday.
Three cheers to the way Nippon Toyota people are managing things
They had set up a counter at the parking lot itself. Attended to me immediately.
I had no problems to report.
They appraised me on the things they will do in this service(oil change and general check up only), cost of service (1900/-) and time at which vehicle will be ready (2 hrs).

Gave the vehicle back exactly at the promised time.

total expense: Rs 1900/- (oil replacement charges only, labour was free owing to free service)

Quite happy with the service experience.

Next oil change at 20k, next periodic service at 15k.
Old 7th October 2009, 19:04   #86
BHPian

Good to know that things are going on smooth. Innova is known for its ride quality, among the options we have. Was the oil filter not replaced? Usually oil filter is replaced when engine oil is changed.
Old 7th October 2009, 20:07   #87
Senior - BHPian

@sps: Great feedback on the car. We just took delivery of a brand new Innova yesterday and am extremely happy with the vehicle (already !) Waiting to experience the best though !

The service estimates and costs given by you exactly match with what the dealer told me yesterday while taking delivery.

Btw, what is the grade of oil that was replaced during the service?

I am finding the gear shift to be a tad on the tougher side when compared to my Esteem. Did you feel the same and has it improved over the months ? Thanks.

Last edited by rr_zen : 7th October 2009 at 20:10. Reason: One more query to be added
Old 8th October 2009, 18:37   #88
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Good to know that things are going on smooth. Innova is known for its ride quality, among the options we have. Was the oil filter not replaced? Usually oil filter is replaced when engine oil is changed.
yes oil filter was replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
@sps: Great feedback on the car. We just took delivery of a brand new Innova yesterday and am extremely happy with the vehicle (already !) Waiting to experience the best though !

The service estimates and costs given by you exactly match with what the dealer told me yesterday while taking delivery.

Btw, what is the grade of oil that was replaced during the service?

I am finding the gear shift to be a tad on the tougher side when compared to my Esteem. Did you feel the same and has it improved over the months ? Thanks.
Congrats on your purchase. You are never going to regret about it. Will satisfy all your needs. As you pointed out the service cost for all services upto 90k are displayed in the service centre. They will adhere to it unless they have to replace something prematurely.
You cannot compare the gear shift of Esteem with that of an Innova. Innova's gear with its long throw and higher vibration rate is a tad tougher. It will improve over course of time but will not become as smooth as in an esteem plus you will get used to it. Never drive with your hand on the gear lever.
Old 14th October 2009, 13:53   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
Never drive with your hand on the gear lever.
I did that accidentally while switching off the engine and the way the gear shift lever shuddered passed on the vibrations till my shoulder.
Old 14th October 2009, 17:39   #90
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I did that accidentally while switching off the engine and the way the gear shift lever shuddered passed on the vibrations till my shoulder.
LOL. Same is the case when switching on the engine.
Earlier when I used to drive the rev happy motors, I used to keep my hand in the gear lever some time before switching gear, for that sporty drive and quick shift. But now after driving this for about 1 year, my driving style has changed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks