Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2008, 18:15   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Take the safe way out : Get a headlamp upgrade from the dealership itself.
Buddy the dealership does not install headlamps of rating greater then 65w, neither do they undertake installation of headlamps bought from an external source.
Old 29th November 2008, 18:18   #77
BHPian

Pras, congratulations. The finish and color combo look really great! I like the PVC flooring as well.
Old 29th November 2008, 18:35   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejars View Post
Pras, congratulations. The finish and color combo look really great! I like the PVC flooring as well.
Thank you! Yeah the flooring was meant to save me the trouble of cleaning the car floor. THe original finish was so irritating and was attracting dust like crazy and would have to be brushed or vacuumed.
Old 29th November 2008, 18:52   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Pathfinder the steering is 2 tone!! It's the same combination as the seat covers. The dark colour on top and the lighter beige in the bottom. I think its not clearly visible in the snaps
ok – pras. I looked again and saw it on close look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Take the safe way out : Get a headlamp upgrade from the dealership itself.
I also recommend the same. If you approach it right, dealers will do it.

BTW, your Verna is now more than 2 weeks old
Old 29th November 2008, 19:13   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
ok – pras. I looked again and saw it on close look.

I also recommend the same. If you approach it right, dealers will do it.

BTW, your Verna is now more than 2 weeks old
Dealer has refused. Outright refusal. Ive bugged the chap already quite a bit. I went to a highly recommended accessories shop today. He guarantees that theyve done this million times and there will be no tinkering with anything but the headlamp and I need not worry.
Can you enlighten me on this - Would a philips extreme vision 65w bulb give better lighting then the same wattage stock bulb in the hyundai? Or only a higher wattage provides better lighting?
Yeah i know its older then 2 weeks. But how do i change the thread name??? I've looked around everywhere. Is it possible to change it?
Old 29th November 2008, 20:24   #81
rippergeo

@pras- maskao the A S S guys properly and get 130/100s with good relays fitted outside the dealership. Its the only way to win the arms race on our night highways.
Congrats on the verna. Lovely car.

Old 29th November 2008, 20:38   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
@pras- maskao the A S S guys properly and get 130/100s with good relays fitted outside the dealership. Its the only way to win the arms race on our night highways.
Congrats on the verna. Lovely car.
Thanks man! Yeah I guess going outside the dealership is the only go as of now. But dont think i'll go in for 130/100. 100/90 probably is more then enough for me.
Old 29th November 2008, 20:38   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you enlighten me on this - Would a philips extreme vision 65w bulb give better lighting then the same wattage stock bulb in the hyundai? Or only a higher wattage provides better lighting?
i will get suren181 to answer this as he has the same bulbs on his verna. there aren't many extreme vision users here. i use extreme vision. and i had high wattage bulbs on my santro. but exteme vision was way better than those high wattage bulbs. extreme vision is really good. and as a comparison better than high wattage bulbs. but the car, brand of the bulbs are different. so can't really compare. so to your specific question, suren can answer.
Old 29th November 2008, 20:45   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer has refused. Outright refusal. Ive bugged the chap already quite a bit. I went to a highly recommended accessories shop today. He guarantees that theyve done this million times and there will be no tinkering with anything but the headlamp and I need not worry.
Yeah i know its older then 2 weeks. But how do i change the thread name??? I've looked around everywhere. Is it possible to change it?
There must be more than one dealers? “maskao” as ripper says – can’t explain more.
The reputed accessories shop is right in a way. Many people use their services for such things and do not really bother too much about warranty at that time. It there is some warranty to be claimed later, then fight it out when faced with an issue – that’s the attitude but there is an element of risk here.
If you do not want to take any risk the Philips Xtreme Power is a good option. It gives lot more light than stock bulbs, but may not match up to higher wattage bulbs. But the good thing is that it requires no modifications to wiring and is street legal too unlike higher wattage bulbs.

Changing thread name – you will have to request mods thru contact support.
Old 29th November 2008, 21:32   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
i will get suren181 to answer this as he has the same bulbs on his verna. there aren't many extreme vision users here. i use extreme vision. and i had high wattage bulbs on my santro. but exteme vision was way better than those high wattage bulbs. extreme vision is really good. and as a comparison better than high wattage bulbs. but the car, brand of the bulbs are different. so can't really compare. so to your specific question, suren can answer.
Ok so basically for philips the 2 types that come are extreme vision bulbs and the other is blue vision or something along those lines right? Any idea what the difference is?
Old 29th November 2008, 21:34   #86
BHPian

Quote:
There must be more than one dealers? “maskao” as ripper says – can’t explain more.
The reputed accessories shop is right in a way. Many people use their services for such things and do not really bother too much about warranty at that time. It there is some warranty to be claimed later, then fight it out when faced with an issue – that’s the attitude but there is an element of risk here.
If you do not want to take any risk the Philips Xtreme Power is a good option. It gives lot more light than stock bulbs, but may not match up to higher wattage bulbs. But the good thing is that it requires no modifications to wiring and is street legal too unlike higher wattage bulbs.

Changing thread name – you will have to request mods thru contact support.
maskao indeed! The risk is that if those guys decide to play by the rules then I might lose out later. Ok when you say extreme power is a good option you mean the same 65w bulb right? Thats the one that wont be needing any wiring modification? Any higher wattage one wil need mods. Am i right?
Old 29th November 2008, 22:04   #87
BHPian

Philips Xtreme Power comes in 60/55W (same as stock bulbs) and is available in H4 & H7. Confirm the bulb type for your Verna. It does not require any wiring modifications. Costs around Rs 800(+/- 100) a pair.
Old 29th November 2008, 22:33   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Philips Xtreme Power comes in 60/55W (same as stock bulbs) and is available in H4 & H7. Confirm the bulb type for your Verna. It does not require any wiring modifications. Costs around Rs 800(+/- 100) a pair.
Thanks a lot! I will explore this option as well
Old 30th November 2008, 13:14   #89
Senior - BHPian

Verna is H4 100%. I like it so much that i am gonna order more for other family cars..
Old 30th November 2008, 18:23   #90
BHPian

Thank you for the instant reply.Wil note down all the numbers..and will call you if needed...

Vignesh
1.2 SIENA ELX.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks