Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2008, 21:43   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Also, at the time of purchase I didnt go in for the extended warranty, cause the salesperson said I can even get it done later by paying. What is the time period within which I need to apply for the extended warranty offer? I wantd to go in for the warranty thing, but my uncle(who recently bought a fiesta) told me not to go for it immediatley but to wait a few months. I took his advice then but dont want to regret it. Any advice?
Period within which you can go for the extended warranty varies with the manufacturer. Check in your case. Best would be the service advisor rather than the sales guy. It is usually 6 months or 1 year within purchase of the vehicle.
Old 21st November 2008, 00:21   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hellstar thanks for a neat reply, and yes its a great car that I'm loving!
. Now considering what your saying about the warranty stuff and all that, do you think i can rely on this chap? I mean upgrading headlamps is something that almost everyone does. So is it such a big deal?
Also, at the time of purchase I didnt go in for the extended warranty, cause the salesperson said I can even get it done later by paying. What is the time period within which I need to apply for the extended warranty offer? I wantd to go in for the warranty thing, but my uncle(who recently bought a fiesta) told me not to go for it immediatley but to wait a few months. I took his advice then but dont want to regret it. Any advice?
Ok two things here

1. Headlamp upgrade is no big deal just do it at a good installer and you will be safe

2. As far as i an concerned the extended warranty was a need due to my high mileages. If you have reason enough to get the warranty i suggest that you get it as soon as possible as , with passing time the cost of buying the extended warranty also goes up , i am not sure of the time frame so i recommend you to rush. This would apply for your uncle's fiesta alson do remember that things like the turbo which is not that difficult to screw up costs as much as Rs 60,000/-
Old 21st November 2008, 09:56   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Ok two things here

1. Headlamp upgrade is no big deal just do it at a good installer and you will be safe

2. As far as i an concerned the extended warranty was a need due to my high mileages. If you have reason enough to get the warranty i suggest that you get it as soon as possible as , with passing time the cost of buying the extended warranty also goes up , i am not sure of the time frame so i recommend you to rush. This would apply for your uncle's fiesta alson do remember that things like the turbo which is not that difficult to screw up costs as much as Rs 60,000/-
Well fine I'll go ahead and get it done at that shop itself. I'll just make it a point to be there when hes installing them so that I know what hes upto.
And yeah, my uncle ( I dont know how though), managed to get a deal for his fiesta with free insurance and a discount on the extended warranty scheme as well. So I probably should beat myself over the head wit a stick for listening to his advice. The point being that to have a part screwed up in the car it probably doesnt even need to run that much. I suppose if something had to go wrong, it could happen anyway. Will get that warranty done ASAP.
Old 21st November 2008, 10:55   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And yeah, my uncle ( I dont know how though), managed to get a deal for his fiesta with free insurance and a discount on the extended warranty scheme as well. So I probably should beat myself over the head wit a stick for listening to his advice. The point being that to have a part screwed up in the car it probably doesnt even need to run that much. I suppose if something had to go wrong, it could happen anyway. Will get that warranty done ASAP.
and yes because of the warranty i am now running on a new tranny and new turbo for free or else i would have had to cough up that much money also.

5th gear synchro failed at 15000 KMS
Turbo charger failed and replaced at 30000 KMS

Both replaced within a few days witha new one

Last edited by hellstar : 21st November 2008 at 11:01.
Old 21st November 2008, 11:25   #50
BHPian

Quote:
and yes because of the warranty i am now running on a new tranny and new turbo for free or else i would have had to cough up that much money also.

5th gear synchro failed at 15000 KMS
Turbo charger failed and replaced at 30000 KMS

Both replaced within a few days witha new one
Is the verna unreliable? Or are these potential issues in any car?
Old 21st November 2008, 13:08   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is the verna unreliable? Or are these potential issues in any car?
My car was the in the first lot of cars despatched to trivandrum and also manufactured so it had some teething issue but over a period of two year hyundai was worked on issues based on feedback and have recitfied a lot of them , so i can confidently say that the newers vernas are much more trouble free than mine during the initial days .

And over a period of time i have alos iorned out most of the issues with the verna and there are absolutley no issues with relaibility.
Old 22nd November 2008, 00:28   #52
BHPian

There are some issues with the gear shifting, but servicing takes care of that

OT: Does someone feel a strange judder when the car falls to below 1000 RPM?
Old 22nd November 2008, 01:04   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post

Yes gear shifting into second and reverse is an issue that needs to be rectified during first service. As off late even 1st gear has been notchy.
And yes, I do feel that shudder sometimes if I hit the clutch quickly. So far I have just put it down to the diesel nature of the car inspite of the engine being so refined. I guess its bound to happen????
Old 22nd November 2008, 01:18   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

which gear are you talking about here ? and what speeds?

or does this happen when you are using the clutch
Old 22nd November 2008, 01:22   #55
BHPian

Quote:

I find, 2nd to 3rd a slightly unsmooth one!

Yes, when I using the clutch... In the 1st Gear, around the 1000RPM mark... This is not the lugging sound .... Much before that... It sounds as if something shuts off, or is disengaged...
Old 22nd November 2008, 01:22   #56
BHPian

Quote:

I do think its something that even I have felt coming down to a lower gear, and shifting down to a lower rpm with the clutch in traffic... Doesnt happen always
Old 22nd November 2008, 01:29   #57
BHPian

Quote:
I find, 2nd to 3rd a slightly unsmooth one!

Yes, when I using the clutch... In the 1st Gear, around the 1000RPM mark... This is not the lugging sound .... Much before that... It sounds as if something shuts off, or is disengaged...
barcode 2nd to 3rd shift lacks smoothness and the car may jerk cause you might be releasing the clutch too early. To handle the sudden torque increase and the turbo boost from 2nd to 3rd you really have to get used to balancing the clutch and throttle. This is the first thing I had to get used to with the verna. All that awesome power just doesnt give any space for drivign mistakes. You really need to be conscious about your driving until your seasoned. I'm not sure if you have any other issue. Perhaps you need to check your clutch settings? Make it a little harder perhaps and see if it suits your driving style.
And no I dont feel what your saying at the 1000 rpm mark. Definitely nothing as exaggerated as you describing it as disengaged. A general shudden may be felt once in a while again because of lack of clutch-throttle blance. Again, perhaps you need to have your clutch checked??
Old 22nd November 2008, 01:32   #58
BHPian

Placing my order for seat covers and flooring tomorrow! He said he'll need a week to get it all ready before he fits it next week. Chocolate and beige combination, Jackspeed brand for 4600 bucks.
Old 22nd November 2008, 23:02   #59
BHPian

Seat covers done!

Went to the shop today on Peters road. He had told me i need to wait 10 days after giving order, but my luck, he had just received a set of seat covers today and he offered to do the job today itself! So left the car and here are the snaps. But unfortunately it rained the whole day, and he said he could only do the seats cause the flooring needs to be done when its not raining so that water doesnt seep in. So gotta take the car back next week for an hour or so to finish off the flooring and the 2 tone steering wheel cover.
I think hes done a nice job. Any comments people?
????????????
Attached Thumbnails
My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010099.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010101.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010103.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010110.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010112.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010109.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010108.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010106.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010104.jpg  

Old 23rd November 2008, 16:46   #60
BHPian

By how many km does the mileage reduce per litre if the ac is on all the time? I seem to have run into a desperately low mileage this month. I think I'm also a little guilty of being aggressive at times with my driving style.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks