Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2008, 17:03   #16
BHPian

photos of both interiors and exteriors pls
Old 1st November 2008, 17:08   #17
BHPian

pras.oct25: Regarding the painting for your bumper, IMHO it is not worthwhile claiming Insurance for such a small expense since you would lose money on the NCB (No Claim Bonus) that is applicable in the coming years. I suggest you go to a good workshop equipped with a Paint Booth and am sure a complete bumper painting would not cost 50% ~ 60% the cost of what has been quoted by HMP to you.

Regarding the H/L Bulbs would advice you to try the Philips extreme vision 60/55w rating and get the headlight focussed as per your requirement. My advice is not to go for the 130/100w with relays for if you check the following post this is what it did to my other car (a Santro) http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post905418

Wishing you many many miles of happy motoring, from a happy Verna owner.
Old 1st November 2008, 17:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
pras.oct25: Regarding the painting for your bumper, IMHO it is not worthwhile claiming Insurance for such a small expense since you would lose money on the NCB (No Claim Bonus) that is applicable in the coming years. I suggest you go to a good workshop equipped with a Paint Booth and am sure a complete bumper painting would not cost 50% ~ 60% the cost of what has been quoted by HMP to you.

Regarding the H/L Bulbs would advice you to try the Philips extreme vision 60/55w rating and get the headlight focussed as per your requirement. My advice is not to go for the 130/100w with relays for if you check the following post this is what it did to my other car (a Santro) http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post905418

Wishing you many many miles of happy motoring, from a happy Verna owner.
thanks suren! but will the 60w bulbs be effective for night driving on highways or should i go for the 100w with the entire relay setup changed?
wouldnt going for a paint job outside hmp cause any issues later (im not sure what kind), but how safe is it to have the car worked on outside the dealership when its still under the warranty period?
Old 1st November 2008, 17:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
photos of both interiors and exteriors pls
tomo buddy when i finally have the day off btw are uploading pictures just done by attaching them or is there some other way?
Old 1st November 2008, 23:20   #20
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html
Old 2nd November 2008, 13:19   #21
BHPian

hey... here are a few of the snaps i took of the interior and the exterior of my car... quality may not be great (sucky camera), but never the less it shud do... cheers:
Attached Thumbnails
My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010077.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010079.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010082.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010085.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010096.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010089.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010090.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010092.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010094.jpg  

My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1010095.jpg  

Old 2nd November 2008, 16:57   #22
BHPian

nice pics - which is the red swift? For a moment it got me confused!

The scratches require full bumper painting.
Old 2nd November 2008, 19:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
nice pics - which is the red swift? For a moment it got me confused!

The scratches require full bumper painting.
hey i have no idea where that swift came from! i think someone has uploaded it into my thing? is that even possible?

i went to xenos galleria today. he quoted 5500 for double colour seat covers and 2500 for doing the mats etc for the car floor. alloy wheels were 17k (just for rims, tyres additional) - a brand called glitz. he offered to paint the bumper through another shop that he is associated with at a low price (not sure how much yet). should i take the offer? he guaranteed that the colour will match showroom colour.
Old 2nd November 2008, 22:14   #24
BHPian

I have a Real Earth Verna SX as well... Now 4 months old and done 4k kilometers... Have a scratch as well, but I am trying to ignore it... They will happen on Indian roads no matter how hard you try...

If the paint guy has a paint booth and uses Du-Pont then he can manage color matching. Be sure he does his homework regarding the correct Real Earth Shade (AFAIK there are multiple Real Earth shades in the market and vendors)

Do not even try the com-paint if you are first timer... Unless you want to try first and then come to terms with the bumper painting job!

All the best for the new ride! Have a joyous Verna experience!
Old 2nd November 2008, 22:49   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
I have a Real Earth Verna SX as well... Now 4 months old and done 4k kilometers... Have a scratch as well, but I am trying to ignore it... They will happen on Indian roads no matter how hard you try...

If the paint guy has a paint booth and uses Du-Pont then he can manage color matching. Be sure he does his homework regarding the correct Real Earth Shade (AFAIK there are multiple Real Earth shades in the market and vendors)

Do not even try the com-paint if you are first timer... Unless you want to try first and then come to terms with the bumper painting job!

All the best for the new ride! Have a joyous Verna experience!
well yeah he said that since they install the xenos reverse sensors on the car rear they have the perfect colour to be able to paint over it when they install it. so will find out from him sometime soon
Old 2nd November 2008, 23:00   #26
BHPian

if you go to your workshop and ask them to use some rubbing on the bumper, a major share of marks will go away. do that first and then think about painting the bumper.
Old 2nd November 2008, 23:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

^^ Perfect suggestion.
Rubbing compound should remove most of the black marks.
Old 2nd November 2008, 23:58   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
^^ Perfect suggestion.
Rubbing compound should remove most of the black marks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
if you go to your workshop and ask them to use some rubbing on the bumper, a major share of marks will go away. do that first and then think about painting the bumper.
i will explore all my options.... thanks for the advice any tips for the alloy wheel dimensions? i dont want to compromise on the mileage... but i would like to aim for a bit more stability. stock is 175 i think. would 185 do?
Old 3rd November 2008, 02:28   #29
BHPian

Pras - I have the exact same Verna and I too faced the pulling to the left issue - and IMHO - It does not have to do with the torque steer. Its an alingment problem which can be resolved by the Hyundai *** people.

Regarding the upgrade - again - You do not really need it at this point of time unless you have an excess of Vitamin M! . The tyres with the ABS version are of the 185 tread and is more than sufficient for the car. Just ensure that you have 33 PSI pressure on all four wheels and you will be just fine.

Regarding the bumper repainting, the Kun Hyundai guys at Ambattur are really good with it. Why don't you get it checked. And yes - you can get two different quotes - one - if you getting it doen through insurance and two - if you are paying for it yourself. The former is always expensive as it gives the *** an opportunity to get some extra bucks.

Regarding the headlight upgrade, ask at your Hyundai *** for options - that would be the safest bet and to my knowledge it should not void the warranty as well. I got mine changed from the dealership - however I am still unhappy with the visibility when it rains - however being in Chennai - that should not be too much of a problem.
Old 3rd November 2008, 09:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
i will explore all my options.... thanks for the advice any tips for the alloy wheel dimensions? i dont want to compromise on the mileage... but i would like to aim for a bit more stability. stock is 175 i think. would 185 do?
U planning to upgrade the tires and get alloys both or just the tires?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks