Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 14:00   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Stop ruining my image on the forum Shyam

@hellstar - I went hunting for the shop registered on pete's site yesterday. The said address is one small lane kind of place and I'm pretty sure there was no shop like that. Should PM pete.

as i told you yesterday , best thing is to call and fixup this with Peters so he will also help you to do a comparo/ trial
Old 14th September 2009, 14:03   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Stop ruining my image on the forum Shyam

@hellstar - I went hunting for the shop registered on pete's site yesterday. The said address is one small lane kind of place and I'm pretty sure there was no shop like that. Should PM pete.
Do you have any idea to install petes in your verna?
if you go there just ask the rate for Linea Diesel and the Bhp,Torque power gain.
Check green filter for Linea too.
Possible give me the contact details too.
Old 14th September 2009, 14:15   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
if you go there just ask the rate for Linea Diesel and the Bhp,Torque power gain.
As anoop said, I will PM turbo india on the forum first and see what response I get. No plans to install the box on my car. Will go only for the filter I guess. Sure I will send you the details when I get them.
Old 14th September 2009, 14:44   #259
rippergeo

Quote:
As anoop said, I will PM turbo india on the forum first and see what response I get. No plans to install the box on my car. Will go only for the filter I guess. Sure I will send you the details when I get them.
He isnt very active on the forum. its best to call their office.

Old 14th September 2009, 14:47   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Where can I get this number? You mean call the outlet they have in chennai, or the main office they have, wherever that is?
Old 14th September 2009, 14:56   #261
BHPian

Just PM turboindia. He is quiet active offline i mean he does not post but he reads.

Shyam
Old 14th September 2009, 15:04   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where can I get this number? You mean call the outlet they have in chennai, or the main office they have, wherever that is?

check out their website , just realized that they have started offering the facility of buying online also now so check it out .

Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited > Main Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
agreed about very prompt with respect to any PMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
This is atleast till date not updated on their website .
Old 14th September 2009, 15:22   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
check out their website , just realized that they have started offering the facility of buying online also now so check it out .

Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited > Main Section
The store does not have filter listing for the verna. It does for the accent. Are the filters for verna and accent the same? I know for sure that the getz has a smaller filter than the verna. Shyam and I experimented with this one already.
Old 14th September 2009, 17:58   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The store does not have filter listing for the verna. It does for the accent. Are the filters for verna and accent the same? I know for sure that the getz has a smaller filter than the verna. Shyam and I experimented with this one already.
Oh then they are out of stock already , they had the filter for some period of time , but then they were sold out i guess.
Old 25th October 2009, 10:36   #265
BHPian

So she turned one a few days back. Decided that I had enough of lousy service at HMP and shifted over to KUN hyundai at kotivakkam. Decent and efficient place. They actually do something about the problems that you state and I'm glad I shifted over there. They seem to have put an end to all the problems I had stated, at least for now.

Steering vibration and noise had been getting worse for the last 6 odd months. HMP did nothing about it even after claiming that there was some problem. These guys verified everything and finally concluded that its just a faulty damper bush. So that was replaced and seems to have solved the problem immediately. Should see if the car holds up well now. THis also rectified the car pulling to the left issue.

Squeaking noise from the brakes, vibration in the center console, notchy gear box were some of the other problems that were taken care of.

Shifted over from the lousy servo engine oil to delvac mx. Awesome awesome engine oil. The better effects are there to see. The car is revving freely, and the vibration level has decreased significantly. At 1200 bucks for 5 litres it is very economical as well.

Apart from that the usual changes - air filter 300 bucks, diesel filter 1400 bucks and oil filter 300 bucks (approximately, rounded up or down). So a bill of around 2k + 1200 for the engine oil seemed decent, but I have only run 13k km in a year. So I guess the bill will be pretty high from the next service onwards.

Overall its been a great year with the car. Its had its fair share of ups and downs, but the driving experience has been mindblowing. After shifting over to the michelins 195 I have covered around 3000 km in the space of a month or so, so I have been reaping the benefits of the bigger tires.

I need to get front windscreen sunfilm because of the unbearable heat in chennai. If someone can suggest a nice place where I can get it done in chennai please do recommend with approximate cost.

Other than that - I am louving it!
Old 25th October 2009, 11:53   #266
BHPian

Congratulations on your first year with the Verna! I am getting valuable tips from reading your experiences. Does Hyundai recommend Servo oil? Did you have to buy the Delvac outside or was it available at the service workshop?

Is this your first oil change, or do you change it more frequently than the 10,000 kms as recommended by Hyundai?
Old 25th October 2009, 12:15   #267
BHPian

Wish you a very Happy Birthday Prasanna.

Congrats on your 1st anniversary with your Verna. Have you tried DSC Hyundai?? I picked my Verna from them and its getting due for 1st service so need to work on my options, I used to service my Santro in KUN Ambattur which happens to be closer to home- your suggestions

Anybody from Chennai can help me
Old 25th October 2009, 13:10   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish.thomas View Post
Wish you a very Happy Birthday Prasanna.

Congrats on your 1st anniversary with your Verna. Have you tried DSC Hyundai?? I picked my Verna from them and its getting due for 1st service so need to work on my options, I used to service my Santro in KUN Ambattur which happens to be closer to home- your suggestions

Anybody from Chennai can help me
Thank you so much!

We test drove the petrol and diesels when we were purchasing the car at DSC. But shifted to HMP on recommendation from other people. As far as I have heard, DSC service is not up to the mark.
HMP is overcrowded, but if you are going there only for service, they will do a good job. But you can expect to get the car interiors in a rather dirty shape, so you will have to insist that they re do the interior cleaning, or you wil have to stand by them during the cleaning process.
I have heard a few good reviews about KUN ambattur. So perhaps you should stick to some place that you are familiar with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcoolgadgets View Post
Congratulations on your first year with the Verna! I am getting valuable tips from reading your experiences. Does Hyundai recommend Servo oil? Did you have to buy the Delvac outside or was it available at the service workshop?

Is this your first oil change, or do you change it more frequently than the 10,000 kms as recommended by Hyundai?
Thank you!

Hyundai uses servo oil. I dont know if they "recommend" it. The SA at kun was asking me to put synthetic oil, but I didnt really have the budget for synthetic this time so went in for delvac mx. It is not available at the service center, you can always purchase it outside.

I changed oil at 4000km. But at that time the SA only asked me to change the oil filter. THis is the first time I am also changing air filter and diesel filter. I dont think that synthetic oil is recommeded for a car that has run less than 10000km. You can get more info on that on the many discussions on the forum.

If your using mineral oil, it is always better to change it around 7 or 8000km. I do know certain people who change it as early as 5000km. It is a matter of personal choice, but yes, the more frequently you change your engine oil, the better for the engine.
Old 26th October 2009, 17:56   #269
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on turning one, Prasanna's ride! And good that you have come to KUN Kottivakkam

Quote:
I need to get front windscreen sunfilm because of the unbearable heat in chennai. If someone can suggest a nice place where I can get it done in chennai please do recommend with approximate cost.
I can take you to the 3M place, but am gonna be travelling for a while. The D-BHPian is the one who took me there- check n see if he can take you there...
Old 26th October 2009, 18:16   #270

my father owned a verna crdi few months ago which is now giving a mileage problem cause he often covers around 400kms a week.... it is giving him around 12km/l

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks