Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2009, 17:14   #241
BHPian

Can someone post the downside of installing aftermarket filter replacement. I have heard the filtering capacity of these filters are better than the stock ones. So can anyone confirm this.

Shyam
Old 13th September 2009, 19:32   #242
Senior - BHPian

Well, after a lot of thought (to do or not to), I have taken the plunge (stock replacement filter ). Though was alarmed about the sound initially, I am used it- kinda like it now!!

Call it psychological, but i can sense the engine breath more easy now. Highly recommended!

Btw, who has GC filters on their Getz/ Verna CRDi? How is the sound on that one?
Old 13th September 2009, 19:33   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
I called up Shyam after speaking to you about the width of the rim. He thinks that it is a 5J one, but Deepak said otherwise yesterday. The thing is, if its a 5J, would the tires still fit onto the rim? What I have noticed on shyam's stock rims with the bigger tires, is that they do make a hell lot of noise, but doesnt seem like he has had issues so far. I will check this up with my service adviser next week when I go in for service

Or if you have a good relation with the SA just call him up and ask him to check. Yes, the tyres will fit , but may affect handling or you may risk the tyres coming off the rims when negotiating a curve at high speed , i haven't heard of this happening but theoritically this could happen , or we don't have any survivors of such an incident on the forum.

Quote:
Do you think that asking the guys at the service center would result in a satisfactory answer for this?
If it was a year back they would have sung songs in praise about K&N but now since HMIL has banned all A.S.S from selling any non-hyundai branded / approved product i believe that they would give a highly biased opinion.

Quote:
I will have to tell them about the light upgrade right? Else like phoenix said if they spray water all over it it will be a big problem right?
Just ensure that they don't pressure wash the engine bay with water , make the SA write that down in his service record. If they spray water from outside there is no problem , but if they spray the engine bay , you will have a problem with misting inside your headlamps and worst case even a short circuit

Quote:
EDIT: By the way, what size are your alloys? You said he gave them to you for 12k? Which brand are they?
Alloys are 14 inchers 6J with , some company by the name Cobra or K-Sport , i think cobra is the model name and K Sport is the manufacturer. Not a brand i belive.

Here is a pic of my car today morning ..check out the 8 spoke alloys , what i liked about it is the simple design.
My Hyundai Verna Crdi SX with ABS-p1070063-medium.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
Can someone post the downside of installing aftermarket filter replacement. I have heard the filtering capacity of these filters are better than the stock ones. So can anyone confirm this.

Shyam
Shyam there is a wealth of information on this in the below thread check this out

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ercross-4.html

ISO 5011 Duramax Air Filter Test Report
Old 13th September 2009, 20:02   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Well, after a lot of thought (to do or not to), I have taken the plunge (stock replacement filter ). Though was alarmed about the sound initially, I am used it- kinda like it now!!

Call it psychological, but i can sense the engine breath more easy now. Highly recommended!

Btw, who has GC filters on their Getz/ Verna CRDi? How is the sound on that one?
Shyam is running the GC on his getz. I guess Anoop is running it on his verna too, but of course bth of them are also using a tuning box.
Old 13th September 2009, 20:07   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shyam is running the GC on his getz. I guess Anoop is running it on his verna too, but of course bth of them are also using a tuning box.
no dude i am on stick filters now , i did try out the GC though.

I am on Petes and Shyam is on the RD ECU
Old 13th September 2009, 20:11   #246
BHPian

@hellstar - she sure looks zexy! The verna has an amazing look from the side. It is beautifully streamlined and the alloys sure add a great look to it. I am slowly getting tempted by this whole alloys thing.
No survivors? I dont know whether to or for that!

Where do you get all these links from?? Thats a rather comprehensive study. Interesting to note the first 3 graphs - K&N has the least overall ability to capture dirt, it also is 2nd last on the restriction of holding dirt, and it let the 2nd maximum amount of dirt through over a period of time.
As a comparison to the stock filter, the difference may not be that great, but then we should consider that these results apply to the k&n for the lifetime of the car, while the standard filter applies only for every 10000km right? Or do we consider the k&n filter to become brand new again after every cleaning session?
Old 13th September 2009, 20:14   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
no dude i am on stick filters now , i did try out the GC though.

I am on Petes and Shyam is on the RD ECU
Please carry your GC around with you when you come here next. I would like to test it on my car before I decide to go for it.
Old 13th September 2009, 20:20   #248
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the links Anoop Will do a read thru later tonight (heading out for dinner- and to hear that K&N growl )
Old 13th September 2009, 20:26   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please carry your GC around with you when you come here next. I would like to test it on my car before I decide to go for it.
sure dude !

Quote:
Thanks for the links Anoop Will do a read thru later tonight (heading out for dinner- and to hear that K&N growl )
kay , but watch it in the city , dont get too involved though..
Old 13th September 2009, 20:36   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@hellstar - she sure looks zexy! The verna has an amazing look from the side. It is beautifully streamlined and the alloys sure add a great look to it. I am slowly getting tempted by this whole alloys thing.
well temptation is not good !

she is 74000 KMS young and piling on kms like a teenager.

Quote:
No survivors? I dont know whether to or for that!
please take that only in the lighter sense :-)

Quote:
Where do you get all these links from?? Thats a rather comprehensive study.
All the info from TBHP and the only tool that keeps the Indian IT industry afloat "GOOGLE"

Quote:
Interesting to note the first 3 graphs - K&N has the least overall ability to capture dirt, it also is 2nd last on the restriction of holding dirt, and it let the 2nd maximum amount of dirt through over a period of time.
As a comparison to the stock filter, the difference may not be that great, but then we should consider that these results apply to the k&n for the lifetime of the car, while the standard filter applies only for every 10000km right? Or do we consider the k&n filter to become brand new again after every cleaning session?
If done properly the K&N cleaning catridge ensures that the filter is as good as new atleast that's what the manufacturer claims.

Thats one of the reasons why i changed back to the Stock filter .
Old 13th September 2009, 23:19   #251
Senior - BHPian

Is there a test like this for GC/ PiperX too? I would like to see their ranking based on the dirt they let in...
Old 13th September 2009, 23:26   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there a test like this for GC/ PiperX too? I would like to see their ranking based on the dirt they let in...
well your best bet would be the manufacturer websites
Old 14th September 2009, 01:12   #253
BHPian

Anoop,
For all you may know pras may want to steal it off from you :P. So be very careful when you give the GC to him. And btw how much did your GC cost you and i did not know you had kept it back at home it self.

Shyam
Old 14th September 2009, 07:44   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anoop,
For all you may know pras may want to steal it off from you :P. So be very careful when you give the GC to him. And btw how much did your GC cost you and i did not know you had kept it back at home it self.

Shyam
not on the forum my friend ! will talk in person later.
Old 14th September 2009, 10:49   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Anoop,

Shyam
Stop ruining my image on the forum Shyam

@hellstar - I went hunting for the shop registered on pete's site yesterday. The said address is one small lane kind of place and I'm pretty sure there was no shop like that. Should PM pete.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks