Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2009, 10:05   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
And belive it the petes box i never about the top speeed but the lesser gear changes in city traffic and the way she pulls away at green lights that makes the difference in experience .

I needed all the light i can get coz i do a lot of night driving , blore - trvandrum overnight etc ...on such runs you cannot under estomate the use of as much light as you can get .

Your rattling issues suprise me , generally vernas that i have seens till now are of pretty decent buld quality , in comparison to the Swift Diesel ( i have one of those at home also ) . You should get that checked and tell them that you positively want the sound to go . Top me it sounds like some wiring or other cable like elements which are a planty in side the dashboard may no be anchored properly. My vehicle is done 52,000 gruelling KMS and still she is a fit as a fiddle no squeaks what so ever ! . I once noticed a increase in the In cabin NVH , i took it to the A.S.S they could not find why it was so butthe sound was there they agreed alright and gave up , so as i wasin the A.S.S i did an inspection myself and found that one of the gromets through which the wires go into the cabin from the engine bay had fallen off leaving a gaping hole . The mechanics put in a new gromet and presto the sounds were gone ... so ... it sometimes takes some new perspective to correct things. The missing gromet was actually affecting the NVH as well as in cabin cooling retention
Shocking that they couldnt find out the issue themselves! It doesnt speak very well of hyundai service which seems to earn a lot of praise from people. I am quite certain that it has started immediately after the service, and I found yesterday that there seems to be sound coming from the front left doors window. I think that when they were checking that central locking thing they have done something to the window fitting and now thats shaking all over the place.Planning to take a visit this saturday and talk to the service manager.
Old 27th January 2009, 20:44   #152
BHPian

@hellstar I have informed the service center that I"m coming in this saturday early morning, and have asked them to keep their service manager or supervisor waiting ready at the entrance to the center.
I need some pointers from you on how to tackle this. I believe that your one of the more experienced chaps on tbhp, and you must have faced plenty of situations. Can you give me few pre and post "leaving the car at the service center" tasks that i must do, and stuff I need to check. Should I tell them that I will personally over see them when they perform inspection of the rattling reasons on my car, or is that pushing my liberties as a car owner too far? Is it within my right to maintain my presence in their work place like that?
Old 28th January 2009, 02:59   #153
BHPian

Have you tried the Kun Hyundai at Ambattur? I was in Chennai for a couple of years and this service center had really good staff - both knowledge and skills.
Old 28th January 2009, 21:40   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajbose View Post
Have you tried the Kun Hyundai at Ambattur? I was in Chennai for a couple of years and this service center had really good staff - both knowledge and skills.
No I havent tried there yet. First I want these guys to undo all the trouble theyve created by giving me a proper thorough solid service. I will see what to do after that.
Old 31st January 2009, 16:52   #155
BHPian

HMP drive me nuts

Alright, here I go again
Went down to hmp again today. Was not happy to find that inspite of me having called up and telling them that I'm coming today they had not registered my vehicle number. But that didnt stop me from driving right in.
Went ahead and announced my arrival to them, and immediately asked for the presence of the service manager. I refused to let them TD the car until the manager showed up. Once he came I gave him a earful about how they have ruined my perfectly nice car and turned it into a potential rattler that a baby can play with.
He instructed the service engineer to give me priority and check my car. So there we went on the TD. As it turns out, my car does not rattle as much on the perfectly good airport road as it does in my "city" drives everyday when i go to work and stuff. Also today I discovered that my car rattles more when it is running light on fuel, and not when it is heavier when it is tanked up. But nevertheless, I managed to produce the rattling noises, and clearly explained all the symptoms about a million times to that guy.I told him that the TD is inconclusive, but as the person who has been handling the car I am telling you exactly what is happening. SO based on my complaints please open up the dashboard and check if everything is in place. He took the car in, and started working on it. He spends 3 hours on it, during which time I had 2 tasteless coffees, and spent almost an hour giving major feedback about the verna and about the service center to 5 chaps who had been sent by HMIL to get customer feedback(what a coincidence that they were there today when I was there), test drove the i20 (which made me want to kill myself with its snail paced engine) and managed to engage in quite a lot of conversation with my sales person.
At 12pm or so he calls me again to TD saying that the car is ready. After going around a bit and wasting more diesel, the rattling noises again started coming from the dashboard console and steering wheel. And guess what the engineer tells me- "sir there is noise". I felt like driving my car over him. Still I wanted to get the job done, and inspite of the fact that I was fuming, I politely told him that I will wait as long as it is needed until he fixes the issue because I want it done today. I go back into the service center, and I start complaining big time to the service feedback team that has come. I was unwell already, had a bad throat and had not even eaten anything in the process of getting there early int he morning, and it was really getting to me. I got some sympathy from those chaps though they were clearly ashamed of the situation at the service center. one more service engineer came to me very concerned asking me what was wrong hearing me shouting. I know hes a nice chap cause I have spoken to him a few times already. All this time my car was lying outside and had not even been brought back in to have the issue fixed. This guy quickly went out to find the engineer who was working on my car to speed things up. 5 minutes later he comes back saying the car is ready. I was like what?? You guys took 3 hours and now you finish it in 5 minutes. Took the car out again, and the engineer tells me that he has fixed the stereo system panel again properly, and tightened the bolts and blah blah. I drove the car around again and this time there was no sound whatsoever. Took one more bill that said Rs. 0.0 on it from them, threw a feedback form back at his face when he offered it, and left. And wonder of wonders, I had barely reached home, and lo, the rattling started again. Left side, right side, center, front, rear everything! I came home called up the manager and blasted him. Called up the engineer and blasted him as well. I told them why the hell do you need the TD to convince you that theres an issue, when my car has been behaving like a vibrator in traffic conditions and that I can vouch for it. When I have given clear cut symptoms, then you should just act according to what I have told you. They have promised to send a guy on monday to check the car again and they have said they will fix this issue.
I am on a cliffs edge with this issue. I wonder why they have guys who arent fit for fixing rattling on their technical team? I openly asked him this question. I could have done a nut tightening job with the screwdriver I have at home. Why would I go and sit there for 5 hours and torture myself to find that the car has not been fixed? The manager also seemed incompetent and didnt look like someone who could handle a task like this.
I have probably done around 150 to 200km in test drives and going back and forth from the service center. I have wasted diesel. My time and energy not to mention money, other's time and energy by making them wait in line while I stand there and shout myself hoarse, and at the end of the day I am still extremely frustrated. Wonder where this issue is going to land up. Now again on monday if they send a guy, I will be paying for the diesel that goes waste, I will have to take time out from office to attend to the guy who shows up and I will have to go andp ick up the car at night when I"ll be dead tired. Utter nonsense that I have to put up with. I think I can go on and on, but I will stop here. Already a pretty long post. Hope people will take some time out to read through and give me some useful comments/ideas.
Old 31st January 2009, 17:58   #156
Senior - BHPian

No other choice for a service center? That sounds pretty awful :(

To be fair, rattles are one of the most annoying problems to fix.
Old 31st January 2009, 18:14   #157
Senior - BHPian

This is the first time i heard like ratting in Verna.
My brother has verna crdi SX Abs and got delivered from HMP Chennai only
Those people are nice and in service front,i thought,HMP is the best.
I have experienced some funny things in DSC Hyundai ,booked Getz Crdi and cancelled from there.
If possible try KUN Hyundai.Heard , those are good in Service.
Try your Luck.
I have driven the car for alomst 2000 kms in almost all roads.
including country side roads in my native(almost no road like trekking in mountains)
No creeking or rattling sounds.very good build.
wish you fast recovery from rattling.
Old 31st January 2009, 18:17   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
No other choice for a service center? That sounds pretty awful :(

To be fair, rattles are one of the most annoying problems to fix.
You sound an awful lot like the service engineer. He kept telling me that rattles are annoying and that he "understood" the irritation I was facing. Yet he seems too incompetent to do anything about it, and by the end I was more irritated with him rather then the rattling. Now suddenly after having time to cool off, I'm again torn bw wanting to go tomorrow myself personally with the car, or waiting till monday for them to send a guy.
The other option for a service center is KUN hyundai. But these guys are supposed to be the best being a company showroom and all. I know pose the question of whether it is worth owning a car in india. Hyundai exports cars that are manufactured in india. Yet the cars released here dont seem to be of international standards. On top of that add to it poor service at not only hyundai, but many other car manufacturers, I wonder now if it really is worth all the trouble. Why spend 9lakhs on a car when you can get the same rattling noise in a bus for rs2.50???
Old 31st January 2009, 18:20   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
This is the first time i heard like ratting in Verna.
My brother has verna crdi SX Abs and got delivered from HMP Chennai only
Those people are nice and in service front,i thought,HMP is the best.
I have experienced some funny things in DSC Hyundai ,booked Getz Crdi and cancelled from there.
If possible try KUN Hyundai.Heard , those are good in Service.
Try your Luck.
I have driven the car for alomst 2000 kms in almost all roads.
including country side roads in my native(almost no road like trekking in mountains)
No creeking or rattling sounds.very good build.
wish you fast recovery from rattling.
Well thats the problem. I strongly believe that the rattling has been caused by their treatment of the car during service. There wasnt a single noise in the car until I brought her back home from the 1st service. And after subsequent trips to HMP, it seems to be getting worse. Have you ever interacted with the manager Mr Vasudevan? He seemed pretty incompetent to be honest, and didnt seem like someone who can be firm with his engineers. Who is the service engineer normally assigned to you?
Old 31st January 2009, 18:39   #160
Senior - BHPian

I never gone for service with my brother.
But he has some good rapport with service guys.
I'll ask him and let you know.
if you have any known garage(exp in Hyundai cars),go there and they will fix the things properly.
But make yourself there till the work completion.
defn they will hear your problem and fix as they can.
Old 31st January 2009, 19:38   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I never gone for service with my brother.
But he has some good rapport with service guys.
I'll ask him and let you know.
if you have any known garage(exp in Hyundai cars),go there and they will fix the things properly.
But make yourself there till the work completion.
defn they will hear your problem and fix as they can.
I dont know anyone that I can go to. But this being a dashboard issue, I'm uncomfortable going outside anywhere. As long as I go to these guys, I can hold them responsible for everything their doing. Once I go out, I have to take responsibility for everything. If something goes wrong I cant come back to these guys.
Old 2nd February 2009, 16:15   #162
BHPian

Finally some "good" news. After all my intense screaming at the service center on saturday, the manager promptly sent a team to my office today morning. Was scared the same service engineer would show up, but a more experienced guy showed up who seemed to know what he was doing. Promptly TD'd the car and showed to him that it was rattling worse then a bus. He had come prepared to check the car here itself, and told me he'll need 2 hours. He completely dismantled the dashboard, and door panels. Tightened everything that was there and checked everything properly. He has discovered, that my ac duct/vent was cleaned or something during my first service and this has been damaged in the process. And the door rattling issue is indeed because of the central lock nonsense that they did. So I am glad that I finally managed to prove that the issue is because of the service in the end. My ac vent will be replaced under warranty and the rattling ahs been partially fixed for now. Pending arrival of the sparepart I will hopefully have a rattle free car again by saturday. A word of caution to everyone out there. Before giving your cars for some issue at the service centers, do make it a point to verify that there really is an issue. I regret not having thought about the child lock feature and complaining regarding the cetnral lock system. It has led to a million more issue for me in the car, although the techinician is also to blame for opening up the car without knowing that there is a childl ock feature available. But I"m glad that by standing up for my belief that the service had caused the rattling I have finaly got the service center to get the work done for me properly.
Old 3rd February 2009, 19:34   #163
BHPian

Good to hear that finally the problem is located and will be solved. Happy Rocketing..
Old 18th February 2009, 12:12   #164
BHPian

Heard your stereo has a problem now.
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:29   #165
BHPian

Hey pras,
What is the mileage you are getting in your vehicle. And has your stereo issue been resolved. What happened to it?

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks