Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2009, 00:39   #136
Senior - BHPian

The thing is when you have so much power under your foot.
Sometimes, even the best of drivers tend to make mistakes.
It is not how you control the steering to be on the road, but how you control your right leg to be on earth.
As for the Suspension part, i dont think it is worth going for an aftermarket one especially when you ain't modding it furthur.

The best alternative would be get better ( bigger) tyres.
Try in for 15" ( 195/55R15 i suppose for the verna)
Old 26th January 2009, 10:12   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
The thing is when you have so much power under your foot.
Sometimes, even the best of drivers tend to make mistakes.
It is not how you control the steering to be on the road, but how you control your right leg to be on earth.
As for the Suspension part, i dont think it is worth going for an aftermarket one especially when you ain't modding it furthur.

The best alternative would be get better ( bigger) tyres.
Try in for 15" ( 195/55R15 i suppose for the verna)
Aftermarket suspension altering will also affect the crumple zones of the car. This was also extensively discussed in one of the tbhp threads. The verna suspension is not all that bad. Its just that because the body is comparatively lighter, say then the fiesta, the wobbling is more noticeable at very high speeds or on very poor roads.
15s are an option. But I'm not really considering it as of now. Will decide on that when the time comes. Dont the 15 inchers hit the sidewall of the car when the car is loaded?
Old 26th January 2009, 10:21   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Ah, a sane person!

Yes, there are good comfort tyres in the Michelin range in a variety of sizes. The tyres section under the Mods forums is a great resource.

The Verna's bouncy suspension and its effects on high speed performance are pretty well known. However, I believe it can only be solved with aftermarket suspension components and not just tyres. That is an expensive proposition though.

As for your question about needing all that firepower under the hood in our country, it is getting better isn't it? Ten years ago, could we even think such a thing called the GQ will actually become reality?

To paraphrase what Vin Diesel's character says in Fast and the Furious, it is the precious few seconds of controlled lunacy in the rare open stretches that makes us petrol (and diesel) heads lust after POWWWAAAAAHHH!
Well said! But how safe is the GQ? I have lived abroad and the difference between india and other countries is planning, and discipline. I dont think people need education to know that they need to avoid doing certain things that may kill them, read riding bikes on the opposite direction on a highway, running across the highway when a car is charging along at 120k/h etc. On my trip I would constantly grind the car to a crawl at 40km/h at junctions in the name of putting safety ahead of personal fun and getting to the destination earlier. What is the point of building a highway if theyre going to run it right through villages/towns where people live? Knowing Indian peoples mentality, the planning commission should have gone for elevated highways that are strictly off limits for 2 or 3 wheelers and for people. Agreed this is far more expensive and blah blah, but a country will be developed by investing the money, and not by locking it up somewhere and claiming that we are rich. High speed cars will never have any value in india until some of these nagging issues are ironed out. People go on about how a verna doesnt have an airbag system. Whats the use of an airbag when the danger on the highway is not hitting a truck or a car but the possibility of hitting some random fool who is walking his dog on the NH4?
Personally I feel vin diesel is going to have to wait quite some time before his dialogue can become valid in india. As of now the indian version of the movie would invariably have to be "the fast and the furious way to heaven (or hell)".
Old 26th January 2009, 10:25   #139
BHPian

BTW, immortalz and abhinav.gupta, a general enquiry. At a service center, who is the in charge? There are a number of service engineers apart from the receptionist. But is there a service manager or a supervisor? I have decided to take my fight to those chaps this coming weekend about the rattling, and want to know who I have to fight with!
Old 26th January 2009, 10:58   #140
Senior - BHPian

Yes, there is a service manager to whom all the service advisors report to. He in turn reports to one of the management staff responsible for the service section.
Old 26th January 2009, 14:49   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Yes the fogs suck, and so do their stock headlamps. I switched to philips extreme vision because I didnt want anyone touching the wiring. But Im not overly satisfied with them either. So for the time being will wait for these bulbs to die out and then invest in 100/90s.
Yes the ac is a funny thing. But its not something that should be too much of an issue. If we can adjust the vent a bit based on the steering wheel height then it shouldnt become an issue. Considering that the ac is such a chiller, that it goes to the steering at times shouldnt be such an issue.
How did they do a patch up job for you? At HMP here they said they dont do patch up jobs because it is visible on the bumper and they only do complete repainting jobs. Bumper replacement costs 8k. A bit of a pain really isnt it. Its funny how there are less chances of an accident when the car is in motion, because at least there mght be some chance of us making an escape maneouvre. Its when were stationary at signals or in traffic that were at the mercy of every tom dick and harry who cant handle their stupid vehicles.
Hey Pras,

They just rubbed the scratch area and gave 2 coats of paint and a rubbing polish to it to match the rest of the bumper and it would not look like a patch or touch up job.

I have the 90/100 philips bulbs with ceramic holders.

If you are not happy with the service, you can givn a written complaint letter to the service manager on the same.
Old 26th January 2009, 16:12   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hey Pras,

They just rubbed the scratch area and gave 2 coats of paint and a rubbing polish to it to match the rest of the bumper and it would not look like a patch or touch up job.

I have the 90/100 philips bulbs with ceramic holders.

If you are not happy with the service, you can givn a written complaint letter to the service manager on the same.
Thats interesting, I was only given 2 options - bumper replacement, or total repainting which cost 8k and 4k respectively. Yes I am planning to head down this saturday and face them directly. I cant stand the amount of noise inside the car. The entire front console and I think the other culprit is my left front door.
Old 26th January 2009, 16:24   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well thats true! Its already a monster. And the petes box is like strapping the monster to a rocket and letting it go! But yeah, I doubt if I'll ever get a petes box on my car. So I am happy being a member of a Hyundai verna club and not a Petes verna club!!
I was also skeptic about the Petes box first but ever since i put it in it takes the wind out of my sails when i take the box off for taking the vehicle to service .

belive me its a differnet experience altogether !
Old 26th January 2009, 16:29   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hi Pras,

I found that Hyundai need to work on are the AC vents and the fog lights, there is no option to adjust the fog lights for better visibility and if you have noticed, when the AC is turned on most of it its your hand while driving.

Regards,
Sajan
Agree completely with sajan on that i also feel that the headlights should have been better for example like santros headlights . I am satisfied now with the 130/10W upgrade, but after running around for about two years with the heat of the bulbs on of the reflectors is actually fading away from its past glory.
Old 26th January 2009, 17:20   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
I was also skeptic about the Petes box first but ever since i put it in it takes the wind out of my sails when i take the box off for taking the vehicle to service .

belive me its a differnet experience altogether !
I can relate to what your saying though I havent really experienced it. Like I said, if I ever go for the box I'm sure i'll be th first to recommend it to other people.
Why did you go for the 130s when you could have just gone for the 100s?
Also hellstar, you ve had your verna for quite some time. Have you had any of these rattling issues or issues due to your service?
Old 26th January 2009, 23:05   #146
Senior - BHPian

I only need to add this post to this thread and the following line should say it all about the Verna !!

'' It has been 7 months since I bought my verna CRDi Base model, I am yet to install ICE in it !!! ''

Now this line comes from a ICE crazy guy who till now installed the ICE the day he bought all his previous cars. In this car I just never felt the need to do so. The driving gives me all the fun I need when I am alone flooring the beast.

The only time I listened to any music was on my Sony MP3 player which I took when traveling alone, I listened to it for an hour out of a 4 hour drive from Agra - Kanpur ( 300 km's ).

The Verna till date is one of the best diesel sedan's ever made in India. hats off to hyundai for giving us such a fantastic engine. The thrill of driving this car never stops.

I have driven the Skoda Octavia, Fabia, Swift Diesel - nothing comes close to the verna.

My only grouse with this car is - It should come with fatter tyres & airbags - which will make it a ten out of ten.
Old 26th January 2009, 23:16   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post

'' It has been 7 months since I bought my verna CRDi Base model, I am yet to install ICE in it !!! ''
I hope u have the finest leather seats at least.
Old 26th January 2009, 23:25   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Prajesh, no seat cover's also. I enjoy the Fabric !! It has started to get a bit dirty so I need to put some fine leather seats now. High time !!
Old 27th January 2009, 08:02   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I only need to add this post to this thread and the following line should say it all about the Verna !!

It certainly is fun unlimited! Ii love my car so much that I've developed what I can almost describe as "hatred" for the fiesta . You may as well have just gone with the stock music system. I think its more then enough and I dont think many people use CDs and cassettes anymore( i could be wrong), cause i certainly dont. The first thing i did was have an aux cable installed and I only listen to my music player int he car, and I think the sound output from the speakers is pretty good for a stock set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I think getting good interiors done for the verna is important. The sx model interiors are nice to look at but the lower ends are not that inspiring. Some good interior work should really make the drive enjoyable.
Old 27th January 2009, 08:44   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can relate to what your saying though I havent really experienced it. Like I said, if I ever go for the box I'm sure i'll be th first to recommend it to other people.
Why did you go for the 130s when you could have just gone for the 100s?
Also hellstar, you ve had your verna for quite some time. Have you had any of these rattling issues or issues due to your service?
And belive it the petes box i never about the top speeed but the lesser gear changes in city traffic and the way she pulls away at green lights that makes the difference in experience .

I needed all the light i can get coz i do a lot of night driving , blore - trvandrum overnight etc ...on such runs you cannot under estomate the use of as much light as you can get .

Your rattling issues suprise me , generally vernas that i have seens till now are of pretty decent buld quality , in comparison to the Swift Diesel ( i have one of those at home also ) . You should get that checked and tell them that you positively want the sound to go . Top me it sounds like some wiring or other cable like elements which are a planty in side the dashboard may no be anchored properly. My vehicle is done 52,000 gruelling KMS and still she is a fit as a fiddle no squeaks what so ever ! . I once noticed a increase in the In cabin NVH , i took it to the A.S.S they could not find why it was so butthe sound was there they agreed alright and gave up , so as i wasin the A.S.S i did an inspection myself and found that one of the gromets through which the wires go into the cabin from the engine bay had fallen off leaving a gaping hole . The mechanics put in a new gromet and presto the sounds were gone ... so ... it sometimes takes some new perspective to correct things. The missing gromet was actually affecting the NVH as well as in cabin cooling retention

Last edited by hellstar : 27th January 2009 at 08:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks