Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2024, 17:56   #16
BHPian

Re: Pre-owned Skoda Octavia VRS 230 Review | Buying and ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Can you let know from which pump do you get the XP95 regularly? I typically opt for COCO pumps, but in Tvm not finding any COCO pumps that has the XP95
The Indian Oil near Lulu Mall which is COCO has XP95, I remember filling from there. Then one more at General Hospital. These are the places where I use to fill.
RevJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 12:30   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Hey! Congrats on a superb purchase. A close friend used to own the red VRS in the picture. So many fond memories attached to it. And coincidently, spotted the convoy on the way to Thenmala on that day. It is my usual weekend route and I was on my bike. Overtook you guys after Nedumangad or so and spotted you on the way back too. You boys definitely were having some fun!
I had my friend with me and I think he spotted you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Congrats on the rocking buy! VRS is a dream machine
Wishing you very many happy miles ahead!

Can you let know from which pump do you get the XP95 regularly? I typically opt for COCO pumps, but in Tvm not finding any COCO pumps that has the XP95

Get the PS4, no two ways about it. The difference will be pretty evident. I recently moved off from the Michelins to the UC6, and I already miss the Michelins, even though UC6 is not that bad
Thank you.

The pump near UST had XP95, but they stopped recently. I get it filled from a pump at Patoor, or there are two pumps at Kazhakkoottam that have XP95 (on Al-Saj's side) and if I'm correct, one of them is COCO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevJ View Post
It was justifiable price for @invoker and for me the seller. I am truly happy that it is at the hands of someone who is taking care of it dearly and driving it hard. Bonus , he is a T-Bhp member ! The prices like you said are bonkers, but there are few 230's which are now available south of 25 with 50,000 KM on odo.
Haha. Yes. It's a good thing I had the search result for VRS as a bookmark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevJ View Post
The Indian Oil near Lulu Mall which is COCO has XP95, I remember filling from there. Then one more at General Hospital. These are the places where I use to fill.
They don't have XP95 anymore. It's XP100 only.
inv0ker is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 14:07   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv0ker View Post

Yup. Different alloys are also in my mind. I'm still confused on whether I should wait and change both tyres and alloy to 18 inch or upgrade the 17 inch tyres now and change the alloys to another design later.

I don't plan on remapping anytime soon. I'm still learning something new about the car each time I drive it.

Many congratulations on acquiring one of the most sought after cars sold in India. The car looks smashing and I am sure every time you drive it you will come back with fun memories.

Last year around this time I was in the used car market to pick up something interesting and was eyeing the VRS. However due to the limited stocks and exorbitant price ended up picking a 320D.

If the existing set of tyres give you adequate grip I suggest hold on a little longer and change the alloy and tyres in one go. The VRS already has a stunning looking alloys IMHO. In fact you may choose to paint the alloys black - that will pop the wheels on a white car and go well with the red calipers.

I can see where you are coming from when you say you are not looking for remap now. I too jumped from a Duster to a 320D so each day was a new learning. Keep the funds aside (or build it up slowly) because once you get used to the power you would consider a remap. More so if you are an enthusiast . Remap improves the over all drivability of the car and there is much more to it than just bumping up power.

Wishing you thousands of happy miles.
thisissoumya is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed