Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2024, 13:35   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna 1.5 TGDi MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Thanks Rush

Yes, Hyundai is doing really good. I wish they get the proper N models to Indian market.

The Verna ECU is finally unlocked. Few tuners are already working on it. Remaps should be available soon .
As far as I know, Code 6 already has a Stage 2 tune for the Verna 1.5 turbo. Check out batman_6400_ Instagram handle to see the tune in action and also another tastefully modified verna.
beemer5499 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 13:52   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer5499 View Post
As far as I know, Code 6 already has a Stage 2 tune for the Verna 1.5 turbo. Check out batman_6400_ Instagram handle to see the tune in action and also another tastefully modified verna.
Yes, I have seen. But I am looking for tuner with verified figures on dyno or acceleration runs. GT Tuners Delhi have published the dyno results and got close to 200 HP on stage 1 Verna .

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-g_Q...B4ZTBpN3c5OQ==

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 15th August 2024 at 13:55.
Old 18th August 2024, 02:51   #18
BHPian

Could someone please clarify if the tune is available for the DCT as well? If I am not mistaken, the 7 Speed DCT offered in India is either the D7UF1 or D7F34 which is rated for 333 Nm of torque.

And I saw the video linked by @Dr.Naren and based on the Dyno, the MT pushes 271 Nm which is more than the claimed 253 Nm. That would mean the 6 speed MT is either a M3R34 or M6R37 or M6R40 which is rated for 330Nm, 353Nm and 392Nm respectively. Whereas the Stage 1 pushes 349Nm (Dyno tested) as the other M6R26 which is rated for 253 Nm is ruled out. So what gearbox does the manual version use? Or is there any error in the Dyno testing?

I am quiet pissed with Hyundai for offering the MT with rear drums which is nothing but cost cutting. Now it would be a serious issue with stage 1 if the Verna came with the M3R34 gearbox or much worse the M6R26. It is just a matter of time before the gearbox fails.

Will a custom tune pushing upwards of 190 ponies and 320Nm on the crank be available for the DCT? Can the DCT manage such torque in indian summer conditions considering they are dry clutch?

Replies will be very much appreciated. Keep motoring!
Aditya94 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2024, 07:29   #19
BHPian

I’m looking to swap my 5yrs’ old wolf’d SCross 1.3 for a fast sedan and the choices are Slavia DSG or Verna DCT. While the Verna does appear a better deal (1.5lacs cheaper + more feature loaded), I am worried about 2 things - the ground clearance and the DCT reliability.
I often drive to interior locations in Maharashtra where along with well laid tarmacs there are some horrendous speed breakers and craters. During my TD I’d managed to scrape the bottom over a speed breaker with 1 person in the back. The slavia passed this test with flying colours.
Is this the same DCT gearbox used in the creta and seltos? Have read quite a few failure stories on this forum and over the net. Ironically while the DSG has worse history the newer ones on the MQB2.0 cars seem to be holding well.
Has the upsizing of the wheel helped increase GC? Doesn’t it void warranty?
Old 18th August 2024, 09:37   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya94 View Post
Could someone please clarify if the tune is available for the DCT as well? If I am not mistaken, the 7 Speed DCT offered in India is either the D7UF1 or D7F34 which is rated for 333 Nm of torque.
Yes, the remaps are available for both MT and DCT.

Quote:
And I saw the video linked by @Dr.Naren and based on the Dyno, the MT pushes 271 Nm which is more than the claimed 253 Nm. That would mean the 6 speed MT is either a M3R34 or M6R37 or M6R40 which is rated for 330Nm, 353Nm and 392Nm respectively. Whereas the Stage 1 pushes 349Nm (Dyno tested) as the other M6R26 which is rated for 253 Nm is ruled out. So what gearbox does the manual version use? Or is there any error in the Dyno testing?
The numbers would vary across different dynos. OE components are built with certain tolerance limit. We can exploit it by tuning. Stage 1 tunes should not be a concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
I’m looking to swap my 5yrs’ old wolf’d SCross 1.3 for a fast sedan and the choices are Slavia DSG or Verna DCT. While the Verna does appear a better deal (1.5lacs cheaper + more feature loaded), I am worried about 2 things - the ground clearance and the DCT reliability.
I often drive to interior locations in Maharashtra where along with well laid tarmacs there are some horrendous speed breakers and craters. During my TD I’d managed to scrape the bottom over a speed breaker with 1 person in the back. The slavia passed this test with flying colours.

Is this the same DCT gearbox used in the creta and seltos? Have read quite a few failure stories on this forum and over the net. Ironically while the DSG has worse history the newer ones on the MQB2.0 cars seem to be holding well.
Ground clearance is not a concern. I have driven close to 20k km, just be careful while driving with full load over huge unscientific speed breakers.

Quote:
Has the upsizing of the wheel helped increase GC? Doesn’t it void warranty?
It depends on your rapport with service centre. They can deny warranty on suspension.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 01:35   #21
BHPian

Your car is very tastefully modified, especially the rims and the 225 section tire. I currently have a 2019 1.6 VTVT Verna (Stardust) with Conti UC6 205/55 R16 and it is leagues ahead of the stock rubber. Being a sedan guy and the absolute lack of choice in the C / D segment, the Verna 1.5 Turbo is the natural upgrade (the pros have already been discussed by you). One more icing on the cake is, I am really satisfied with the service HMP Hyundai, the only factory operated Hyundai service center in India (in Chennai). I am considering the DCT Starry Night as Titan grey is the same color as my existing car.

Coming to the query. How comfortable and durable is 225/45 R17 tires on the Verna? I predominantly drive across the length and breadth of south India. I extensively drive in Chennai and Bengaluru and as you might be aware the roads are not so good because of metro work. The highways in TS, AP and KL are wonderful. However, many times, I have come across speed breakers on highways! Mostly in Chikkamangaluru to Hassan; Hospete to Vijayapura and more importantly between Sarjapura Road to Attebelle. These are unmarked and I have gone over them at 80-90 kmph (during night times) and touchwood, the Car, stock rims and Tires have held up really well. I was wondering how well will a 225/45 R17 tire fare in such situation. I am considering Momo Massimo (Anthracite Grey) or Lenso Ventus.

Would you recommend a Stage 1 remap for a new car (after break-in of engine) or suggest it run for few more thousand kms? I am considering a BMC/K&N filter with Brembo setup on the front. I exclusively use only XP95. And I will be closely following the performance upgrades you will be making, so please do keep us posted! Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks