Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2024, 18:46   #1

In the market for a C-SUV - My experience and why I bought the Taigun

Hi all! I recently got my TeamBHP membership approved, and right in time when I was in the market for a new car. So, it made complete sense to me that I log my experience and the buying process for all members (and guests) to enjoy and probably help others, just as the posts here have helped me make my decisions!

Starting with a little bit about me. I am in my mid-twenties and work in the software industry in Bangalore. With the grace of God, I recently got married to the love of my life and have shifted to a new place. I did not have immediate plans to buy a car, but something happened that pushed me to take this step quicker. My mother was in town helping us shift. When we finally were on our way to the new place on my scooter with Mom, with the movers' truck behind us somewhere. I was driving at around 25-30kmph, when a woman driving her Creta rammed into us from behind on the ORR service lane, albeit through no fault of my own (looking back, my guess is ye-old accelerator-instead-of-brake situation for the driver) - I was driving on the very left side of the service lane; and me and mom both fell faces first (thank God for full face helmets!), and my NTorq got dragged about 8-10 feet further. Thankfully, both of us got away with 'just' multiple bruises all over the body and a bad sprain in my left thigh. The lady stepped out of the car and started screaming at me about driving in the middle of the road (the audacity! ). I was clearly driving on the side so a few passersby who stopped, also thankfully took my side, and also helped pick up the scooter and park it at the side. After arguing with them, she went off on her merry way. All this while I was busy tending to my Mom so couldn't say much to her.

All this aside, let me get back to the point. By this point, I've checked out and test driven ALL* of the cars in the segment so let me share my experience with you.

I had already done quite a bit research in the past. I also like to keep up to date with automotive news (and Team-BHP). Still, I wanted to go into this with an unbiased mind to make sure I do not skip any good options, so I decided to ignore my assumptions (for now) and make my own decision.

My requirements -
1. Needs to be a CSUV. I do not need/want 7 seaters since we are just two people most of the time and longer cars are a headache, however boot space should be good enough to hold luggage for long trips and airport runs.
2. Has to be Good to drive
3. Petrol (low running + big NO to BS6 Diesel shenanigans + EVs are not good first cars at the moment)
4. Automatic (Initially my plan. Read on for more)
5. Has to have at least some useful modern features
6. Wife needs to like it
7. Should not be a maintenance nightmare. I love cars, but not so much to keep pouring money/time into it constantly. (Regular maintenance or wear/tear are OK)
8. A harder suspension is preferable. Many of our (both mine and the wife's) family members suffer from motion sickness and we have noticed it is a lot lesser when the car is not boat-like on the highway. (Our Swift has a hard-ish suspension, and nobody has felt motion sick in it ever, over several long highway runs. My cousin's Alcazar has been a nightmare in that aspect)

I have limited experience with automatic cars, I've driven couple of automatics on different occasions and had fairly less trouble getting used to those.

Search day 1-

1. KIA Seltos - Test drove GT line DCT top spec and the HTX iMT (turbo)
SA was helpful and proactive in giving TDs
Pros-
* Good looks. esp. GT line
* Seriously feature loaded
* Performance is good (in sport mode for DCT)
* Drive modes make a meaningful difference
Cons-
* In the normal mode DCT response was delayed and erratic. (it might be me not being used to automatics)
* Price of 1.5T DCT is high
* No MT in turbo or even iMT in GT line
* iMT Tech line interiors are meh (wife didnt like the beige color at all)
* DCT reliability is a question mark

2. Creta (facelift) - Test drove NA iVT top spec (with ADAS). NLine was not available for TD as it had just launched. Neither was turbo DCT
Pros-
* iVT did not feel to have any rubberband effect whatsoever. Transmission performed as I expected at almost all times.
* For 1.5 NA, Performance is not as bad as I expected
Cons-
* Looks are just OK
* Road presence is not as much as Seltos
* Grey/white interiors look ugly to both or us
* Price is on the higher side compared to Seltos
* Suspension felt a bit too soft in comparison

Search Day 2 -

1. Elevate -
TD'd Top trim AT with ADAS
Pros-
* Spacious
* Large boot space
* Hood visibility and large ORVMs make driving in traffic easy
* Ride quality was good
* Leatherette dashboard looked premium
* Typical Honda build quality
* All time active lane watch camera and rear camera views felt useful, especially for new drivers. I started driving from the visibility nightmare called Indica so I'm good there ��
Cons-
* infotainment system felt bad compared to competition.
* Overall tech felt bare bones.
* Massive rubber band effect on accelerating sometimes. Had to let go of the throttle to maintain RPM. Not sure if this behaviour will impact mileage. Did not feel confident with the engine. I had tested the Amaze CVT a year ago and that didn't feel as bad.

2. VW Taigun -
Drove 1.0 AT top trim
Pros-
* Felt great to drive. Gave quite a lot of confidence in braking and overtaking.
* Build quality seemed exceptional. Doors closed with a proper thud and had weight to them.
* Suspension felt good over potholes.
Cons-
* Car lurches forward rapidly when leaving the brake, then maintains speed at 10kmph until you accelerate. Took me some getting used to.
* Rear seat space is less. Three people sitting can be a little uncomfortable for long rides.

3. Skoda Kushaq -
Drove 1.5 DSG top trim
Pros-
* Amazing Performance, even with 5 people in the car i did not need to use more than half pedal to overtake anyone
* + All the points I noted for Taigun
Cons-
* I prefer the looks of Taigun. It's the opposite for the wife. I can hope the Taigun grows on her.

4. MG Astor -
Drove the NA top trim CVT AT
Pros-
* Nothing that stood out
* Tech?
Cons-
* Poor Performance. Engine felt strained with full seats even at 50kmph
* That gimmicky toy thingy on the dash. Especially because it is listening all the time which I see as a privacy risk.
* Build quality of the dashboard and buttons felt just okay

5. Wild card entry - Tata Harrier
No test drive taken.
Pros-
* Cabin felt super premium and spacious.
Cons-
* The Price! For our budget we could only get the option which has bare minimum features, including manual keys. I've been used to stuff like keyless entry by now, and simply cannot go back. Rejected.

Last edited by N1m1z : 27th May 2024 at 17:32.
N1m1z is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 17:48   #2

re: In the market for a C-SUV - My experience and why I bought the Taigun

At this point, I would have ranked the cars as below -
  1. KIA Seltos - Checks almost all boxes; wife likes it. However, safety is a major question mark at this point. Price is high for the Turbo variants.
  2. Skoda Kushaq - Drives great and should be good for long trips. Wife is just okay with it.
  3. VW Taigun - Same as above, but the wife doesn't really like the looks. I love the looks. (Recipe for disaster, I know)
  4. Elevate - Because of the good space; rest of the things were just OK.
  5. Creta - Like the Seltos with subjectively worse looks and a higher price.
  6. MG Astor - Nothing to like in comparison. Hard to explain, but it feels like a Redmi/Realme phone; it has every feature/gimmick under the sun, but they are executed in a tacky/childish and cheap way (I guess the involvement of China has something to do with it ).
N1m1z is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 18:53   #3

Update 1:
I thought about it a lot, and have hence dropped my plan to get an AT and I'm now going to go for a manual transmission.
My thought process - I am young enough to deal with an MT for now. The next car will most probably be an AT and more likely an EV, so this could be the last chance to get and drive a manual. Also, I save a lot of money in the process!
Jokes apart, I am in no mood to deal with AT maintenance shenanigans and especially in no mindset to maintain the infamous 'DCT fund' peopple talk about in this forum. Also, AT (especially a DCT/DSG) might command a lower resale value due to the chance of major issues cropping up at any time.

Update 2 :
My father came to visit us in BLR for a week. We test drove the Grand Vitara as well, since Papa has been a fan of MSIL's service network (a common story he and grandpa tell is that at a time their Maruti Van's exhaust costed less than our Kinetic Honda's �� - not sure it still holds though..). Coming to the actual Test drive, we could not feel any major difference in cabin feel from our Swift back home. Of course, it had leather in places like dashboard but none of us could ignore the fact that the steering, gear lever, window switches, door handles etc. etc. are exactly the same. Except the performance - it felt quite a bit slower than the Swift due to its weight. Rejected as it did not feel worth paying 2.5x of the Swift's price for it. Rear comfort according to wife was also 'meh'.

Since the XUV3XO just launched, took dad and wife to take a look. Tried two nearby outlets but none of them had Petrol variants or even the AX7 trims. SA told the petrol could take around 10 days to arrive. They mainly had lower trims on display which did not feel premium at all. One of the showroom's SA offered a TD for a Diesel AX5 AMT variant, we took it and the suspension felt good enough. That AMT was horrible though.
Later took my father to the VW showroom to take a look at the Taigun; initially he was skeptical (he had heard horror stories from a close friend about his maintenance nightmares of Polo especially in a small-ish city) but then he agreed to take a look. I had already mentioned to the SA that I needed a longer highway TD for it, but I arrived at the showroom at a very short notice, so I don't blame him for not having the required spec (1.0MT) at hand. He mentioned it had gone to their other branch just an hour ago. Nevertheless, he offered to take us there in a Virtus 1.0MT which would double as sort of an extra TD since the engine is the same and the interiors are also pretty similar.
We drove the two cars for a combined 1.5hrs+ in mixed Highway and Bangalore traffic and we really liked the constant power delivery after 2k rpm. At one point when I was doing [redacted]km/hr, I joyfully exclaimed "Baap re kitni der tak uthegi?" (God, how long is this gonna keep pulling?). Only issue we found was that the particular Taigun had very high engine noise above 3-3.5k RPM (I was forced to remark at one point that it sounded like a motorcycle from the back seat when dad was giving it the beans) SA was adamant that it's an issue with just that particular car, however the ODO showed only 6500km, so dad's skeptical side was not pleased. The engine noise wasn't nearly as bad in the Virtus we drove, which had run nearly 12k km, so maybe it was a matter of poor maintenance?
Anyway, since I had been vouching for Taigun since the beginning, dad told me to check out the 1.5 as well, since that shouldn't have the annoying 3-cylinder thrum. He's been in the automobile industry since way before I was even born, so it made me rethink when he said that "in any case if a 1L engine is pulling a car of this size (which it was not meant to - it came originally in the Polo), it's more likely to have issues in the long run trying to lug all the extra weight around. We all know turbo engines are nowhere as reliable as NA ones in the long term.

Update 3 :
After some back-and-forth, me and SO visited KIA again on a Saturday to take a look at the Seltos MT. They did not have one available and told me they can provide a TD at home on Wednesday. Dad's return flight was on Wednesday early morning, so I requested them to try and arrange it latest by Tuesday. The SA assured me that he'll get it on Monday itself but did not revert to my messages until Monday evening. Then, on Tuesday, he absolutely ghosted us. On the Wednesday morning, SA called and asked me for a time to visit. I half-heartedly took the test drive that day, but anyway I did not like the NA 1.5, especially in peak traffic. It felt a bit lacking in low speed overtakes. Also, this time I encountered the massive turning radius and was not very impressed. It could be a personal thing, but the windows and bonnet shape did not inspire that much confidence either. One helpful thing in the traffic was front parking sensors. In the NA MT top variant, we did not get ventilated seats or wireless charger, let alone electric seats, so it felt a bit barebones as compared to the Taigun which was falling in nearly the same price bracket.
I decided that if I were to go for the Seltos, I would go for the Turbo IMT variant. However, in the end, we remembered that wife absolutely HATED the 'camel brown' interiors at the time we did the test drive, and hence the Seltos was swiftly dropped.
The next week, I also received a call from the Hyundai SA that the NLine MT was available for TD at their showroom. However, it was a pretty busy week for me so I couldn't get to it. Also, we did not particularly like the front grill or the tacky red highlights throughout interiors or the exteriors, so that was all the more reason to skip the chance.
In the meanwhile, dad had been talking to his contacts regarding getting a BH series registration back in UP and got affirmative responses, and the quoted on-road price from the VW dealership there was considerably lower than that in KA (nearly 3L for the GT Plus MT!), despite the BLR dealership providing higher discounts initially. I know that I will have to pay the Road Tax down the line, but taking into account if I had registered in UP normally, it was still coming to a difference of nearly 1.5L.
I anyway had plans to go to North for a trip with my in-laws, so I'm now planning of taking delivery from my hometown in the same visit, do few drives to nearby places, and then getting a driver and driving down to BLR.
There's another option of getting it transported back to BLR, but since the whole point of the exercise was to save money, booking a transport and then catching a flight separately, goes against the idea!

Planning to drop a booking for the Taigun GT+ MT (Candy White) in the next few days. Let's see how things go from here..

Last edited by N1m1z : 27th May 2024 at 19:13.
N1m1z is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 02:37   #4

Alright, so a lot has happened since my last update so this will be a long one.

I finally dropped a booking for the Taigun GT+ MT in Candy White on 31st of May in my hometown.
For the next 10 days, I had a trip planned with my in-laws. I was to reach my hometown on 11th June and the expected delivery date was given to the showroom as 12th June.
I got the on road price quoted at 18.3L with the BH series registration, including the additional total discounts of around 1.5L (1.04L cash discount + 15k corporate + 20k exchange bonus + 23k insurance discount)

Now, once I reached home the shenanigans began.
On enquiring about the status of the vehicle, we were told that they will be able to make the delivery by 14th; alright, couple of days delay is fine, we thought. We coordinated with the bank and completed the loan formalities in the meanwhile. Now here is where things started turning a bit fishy.
On the 13th, the SA started insisting us to clear the down payment since the delivery date is close, and upon enquiring about a PDI we were slowly told that the car is just now about to ship from the factory(!). To their credit, the SA also shared the VIN number (It translated to Feb 2024 manufacturing, which was fine by me). So, yeah, the car wasn't even in the dealer's possession yet and they started asking for the complete payment. On the other hand, our bank had the condition that they'll disburse the loan amount only after we've made the rest of the payment and the dealer shares the receipt for it; and the dealer management was not ready to give any sort of receipt until the entire payment was completed. This caused a deadlock situation for all of us. The bank rep told us that other dealers would generally share a temp receipt with the bank on trust basis regularly, but unfortunately this wasn't the case here. Since the delays until now had not inspired confidence in the dealer's methods, I and dad were now reluctant in giving the entire payment without even seeing the car once. There could be manufacturing issues with the car, or it could even get damaged in shipping, for what it's worth. The bank guy also mentioned that the dealer caused issues the last time they financed a VW, but we thought it's a new dealer and they would've learnt the norm by now - we were clearly wrong.
Anyways, since I was out of options and had pretty much made up my mind for the Taigun, I crossed my fingers and paid about 40% of the due amount to comfort them that I actually intended to take delivery of the car, and they'll not have dead stock in their hands (dad being in the same line of work, we kind of sided with the point without them even mentioning, that the top-end stuff doesn't really fly off the shelves in smaller cities where people often prefer middle-of-the-road options). Turns out it was still a mistake. We were now locked into the dealer and the car, unless I was ready to go fight and argue with them to get my hard earned savings back in case anything turned out to be wrong with the car which, mind you, WASN'T EVEN NEAR U.P. at that time .
I prefer to be cautious with my finances, and this decision seemed too impulsive for my comfort in retrospective.

Going through all this, dad was ultimately furious. Being in the same field for so many years, he gave an earful to the SA about their practices in dealing with their customers. Had they had doubts despite us paying the full booking amount well in advance, they could atleast have been clear about it.
Once I had done the payment, the next afternoon we were told that the vehicle had finally shipped. God! However, the timing of all this also sounded like the dealer was waiting for our funds to pay the company for the stock, and since the SA had mentioned earlier they had only sold about 10 odd cars in the 3 months of their existence, all this did not sit well with dad at all. He finally started questioning my decision to go with VW and started pushing me to go for a more 'dependable' and 'established' brand instead. I somehow managed to stand my ground, but if I had plans to live in my hometown, I would have dropped my plans then and there, and would have gone for a KIA or Hyundai instead. I knew I didn't have to deal with these morons after buying the car, and that is what gave me the strength to hold on. God knows how much delays they'll cause for service and spare parts if this was the situation in buying a new car off of them.

I hope I've made the right decision here. Only time will tell though!

Anyway, we were told the car had shipped from Pune, and it will take 3 to 4 and "at most 5 days" to get here. Based on this, 18th was decided as the preferred day of delivery since it was my sister's birthday and is also my birth date. SA convinced us that he will make the delivery this time.
Then on 16th, SA informed us that the truck had reached MP and should be there on time. Now, on the same evening, SA dropped a message saying that they are not able to reach the truck driver but they will try their best to make the delivery. 17th came and apparently there was still no contact with the driver. He had apparently gone AWOL for Eid. This time, the SA visited our home along with his supervisor and a box of sweets trying to calm us down and convince us not to change our decision (dad had given them several earfuls beforehand, and even threatened them to cancel the purchase by now) they also promised to make the delivery by 19th for sure. Alright, we thought again, it's a 7 hour drive according to Google, so it'll reach tomorrow for sure.Next contact with the truck driver happened on the 18th evening, when we were told that he was still in the same place in MP.
Then, the next day, we found out that the driver, in his infinite wisdom, instead of taking the shorter, direct route, entered UP via Jhansi, nearly doubling the ETA. Again, to the SA's credit, he had even shared the driver's contact with us and we did confirm that he had indeed reached Jhansi.
Another day then it was of waiting..

Incidentally, the next morning, dad got a call from the driver at 5AM, with the driver mistaking dad as the Skoda representative from his call logs, telling that he had dropped off the VW load and asking for directions to their stockyard (apparently Skoda and VW cars ship together too.. )

Finally! My GT was in town!
The SA shared pictures of my car from the stockyard at 7:30 AM and then of it being washed around 9:30. We reached the dealership around 12:30 and the car was parked upfront, in prisine condition albeit with some water stains. Those were taken care of swiftly and without mentioning. It was pretty much smooth sailing then on, except the fact that we managed to have them throw in a dual channel Blaupunkt dashcam worth 10k for free along with the other (paid) accessories as a consolation for all the troubles and frustration caused. I got the base accessories pack which included -
1. 3D mats
2. Magnetic rear sun Blinds
3. Mud flaps
4. Elastic net for the boot
5. USB charger and type c cable (Blaupunkt)
6. Garbage bin (bag) with extra linings
7. Pair of VW branded cushions

Despite the fact that the loan amount was to be disbursed to them only the next day, Dad, being pissed off and cautious, coincidentally managed to get a hold of the owner himself and convince him and the accounts guy to release the car the same day. Well, all the delay was clearly because of them and nowhere because of us, right? Had they managed their orders with the company better, they would have been paid much earlier. We were ready to pay up, they just failed to earn our trust in time.

Anyway, all's well that ends well, I guess?

I must say, in all this, the SA (and the other staff) did go above and beyond wherever they could, but the dealer management - they need to learn a thing or two about their processes if they want to survive long term in their new venture. I'd bet dad gave the owner some 'friendly advice' on this in his office, but he surely isn't going to accept!

Signing off with some pictures from the day of delivery. Also, the 1000km update is coming really soon!

Getting ready for the unveil --
In the market for a C-SUV - My experience and why I bought the Taigun-20240620_143617.jpg

One with the family.
In the market for a C-SUV - My experience and why I bought the Taigun-20240626_022704.jpg

Baby's finally home! I love the blacked out roof.
In the market for a C-SUV - My experience and why I bought the Taigun-20240626_023138.jpg

Last edited by N1m1z : 3rd July 2024 at 22:16.
N1m1z is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2024, 21:58   #5

My thoughts after a 900km road trip

Since the car got delivered, after visiting a temple I got busy with my work and in the meanwhile made plans to visit the Dudhwa National park the following weekend, as news had come that they had extended the closing date by 10 days.

Mind you, by the end it was no regular road trip and turned out to be a true test of the car; we had full passengers onboard, with the boot chock full of luggage and it was in the peak summer heat and involved broken roads, parts of expressways and a bunch of narrow twisty rural roads as well.
The Average FE according to the MID for this entire trip was around 11.4kmpl.

Here are my observations about the car after 1000km of running -
The Good -
1. Amazing performance. It can overtake rapidly at any speed, and pretty much in any gear out on the highway. Mind you, this was tested with 5 healthy people on board and a packed boot of luggage.
2. Suspension is just perfect. Out of the 5 onboard, 3 generally suffer from motion sickness. None of them felt uneasy throughout the long trip, which even involved driving on a single lane highway that is under construction, hence also involved hard braking and off-roading occasionally. Also in the city, it absorbs potholes with minimal issues.
3. Speaking of braking - Brakes are perfectly tuned and offer awesome stopping power.
4. Ventilated seats are a boon in the scorching heat to cool down quickly
5. Boot space looks smaller but can gobble up luggage like anything, if you know how to fit things.
6. Build quality is great, especially coming from Tata and Maruti. Also miles ahead of Hyundai IMO.
7. The ICE sounds great with a very balanced output. I recently travelled in my relative's Alcazar with the Bose sound system, and I found that to be way too bassy by default.
8. The looks - I can't help but smile every time I see it. I love 'sleeper' cars and this fits the bill perfectly. There are no tacky bits, just subtle hints like the red brake callipers.
The Bad -
1. The rear seat space. People in the rear felt crammed.
2. The shape of the rear seat is great if there are 4 people on board, but when there are five, the sides of the seats start digging into your back and the middle passenger is miserable due to the big hump in the seat.
3. The Air conditioner - This was the major pain point in the heat for all of us. The 'Auto' mode is practically useless in this case. Our Swift's CC is always kept in Auto with the temp set to 25 and cools rapidly and keeps us comfortable. In the Taigun, I needed to keep it at 23 degrees and keep fiddling with the fan speed to maintain cooling. Also, for some strange reason, turning on the auto mode also turns on the fresh air mode which breaks the cooling and tends to bring in occasional odours from outside.
4. Adding insult to injury, the AC touch controls are garbage. Even hovering the fingers near it seemed to change settings while shifting gears, often turning off the AC or dropping it back into Auto mode causing a rain of complaints from everyone. I swear sometimes I didnt even go close to the controls but found settings changed, but I'll give it the benefit of doubt.
5. There is no RPM display in all but one view mode in the cluster even for the manual variant. I had to stay in the RPM view for the most part in the city since I'm still new to the car, and hence missed out on the driving info screen. I have seen some shots of cars with a tacho on the top of the screen which would be great. Is it something we can enable manually, or is it done only via coding? I couldn't find the option yet.
6. The car is extremely sensitive to the style of driving, the load and the conditions. If we turn on the current FE display, I see at half throttle even in the 6th gear drops the figure to single digits. I guess it is my first experience with a turbo petrol.
The 'Meh' -
1. Coming from the Swift, the gear shifts and the clutch felt 'meh', it isn't bad at all, but I'm just used to better, I guess? The clutch felt harder in comparison. Gearshifts got stuck a couple times I did not slot in perfectly, but that only happened initially and it feels smoother now (I could have gotten used to it)
2. The fuel efficiency

Despite the above cons, I'm not worried. Let me explain.
For 1 and 2, we will only be two people mostly, with some friends occasionally hitching a ride. An occupancy of 5 should be rare.
For 3 and 4, Bangalore is nowhere close to the heat in UP. Hoping the AC will work better here. If not, I'll take this up with the service center.
The 5th point is what I'm still looking for a solution for.
The 6th one needs a change on my end, I guess .

At the time of posting this, the car has run around 1300 km, including a recent ~300km trip with light luggage and just two people onboard. I managed a FE of 16kmpl this time, as it was primarily on 6-lane highways and I drove at, or just above, 100kmph for the most part of it, with gradual acceleration (mostly ).

Last edited by N1m1z : 2nd July 2024 at 22:07.
N1m1z is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 07:54   #6
Team-BHP Support

Re: In the market for a C-SUV - My experience and why I bought the Taigun

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Omkar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 12:45   #7

Welcome to Team BHP. Heartiest Congratulations on your new buy of TAIGUN. Wishing you safe travels.
silver_bullet24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 13:55   #8

Congrats on your new steed.

Wishing you many more happy miles
2JZ-GTE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 15:52   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1m1z View Post
I got the on road price quoted at 18.3L with the BH series registration, including the additional total discounts of around 1.5L (1.04L cash discount + 15k corporate + 20k exchange bonus + 23k insurance discount)
Dear N1m1z,
Congratulations for buying Taigun 1.5 MT. Is there any issues to drive UP tax paid BH registered plates driving in Bengaluru? Do we have to pay road tax in Karnataka after mandated 2 years? If so how?
Puntoo is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 09:35   #10
BHPian

Hi N1m1z,
Congrats on the VW! We test drove the Taigun while we were on the market for an upgrade in 2022. I absolutely loved the way the car drove around curves, and was satisfied with the acceleration as well. The interior features were more than enough for me.
The only thing that made me reject a Taigun were the back seats. I felt the bucket seats were very uncomfortable if there were 3 people to sit. For 2 people, the seats would be very comfortable. As the people move to the corner of the seat, the bucket seats press on your back, making it uncomfortable.
Great choice of colour and car! If the back seats were not bucket seats, I would have certainly gone for the Taigun.
Happy motoring and wishing you a lot of miles on your new baby!
revvingbeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2024, 02:16   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puntoo View Post
Dear N1m1z,
Congratulations for buying Taigun 1.5 MT. Is there any issues to drive UP tax paid BH registered plates driving in Bengaluru? Do we have to pay road tax in Karnataka after mandated 2 years? If so how?
Thanks Puntoo!
From what I know, there should be no issues driving in Bangalore with the BH number plate, but yes, I am supposed to pay road tax in the state where I will be after two years (provided I still am in an organization which qualifies for the 'operates in 4 different states' condition). Otherwise, I'll need to re-register with a state number plate. If KA doesn't relax the rule for private employees until then, I guess I'll have to go and register again via UP RTO.
I'm aware of these pitfalls but still getting a BH number made the most sense in my case, especially because of the exorbitant Road Tax in KA and because there is no guarantee I will stay in Bangalore long term.
N1m1z is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2024, 10:35   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1m1z View Post
My thoughts after a 900km road trip
5. There is no RPM display in all but one view mode in the cluster even for the manual variant. I had to stay in the RPM view for the most part in the city since I'm still new to the car, and hence missed out on the driving info screen. I have seen some shots of cars with a tacho on the top of the screen which would be great. Is it something we can enable manually, or is it done only via coding? I couldn't find the option yet.
Do reach out to Drcodemyvw on instagram for the RPM visible on different views. He will unlock loads of small features including the 80kmph and 120kmph warning sounds are removed
sovenkat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks