Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2024, 18:08   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT

Added this small accessory today. All the door handle cavities had scratches and with the black colour, it was more evident.

Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT-20240330_171350.jpg
Nail marks

So got this rubber protector and put it on all 5 doors

Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT-20240330_172132.jpg
Side doors

Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT-20240330_172148.jpg
Hatch door

I wanted plain black only anf carbon fibre finish was easily available. Finally found this on Amazon.jp website.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 14:13   #32
TSS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
On March 8th, The car completed exactly 6 months and it crossed the 12000 kms mark.
Congratulations Hemanth for the 12,000 km milestone. I am sure by now you must be close to the 14k mark .
I am really impressed by your write-up - right from why you bought, the booking-test drive-delivery process, the review, accessorizing from basic stuff to serious stuff, and all the milestones through the process.
I came across your thread while rummaging through for relevant information and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. The review is nothing short of a virtual experience.
Quote:
I had mentioned that the driver seat floor mats have no hooks.
Are the floor mat hooks that you purchased as a spare part Jimny specific or a generic for any Maruti Suzuki car?

Quote:
I went to the MSIL A.S.S and got the driver side floor mat hooks installed. It was a 5 minute task which the service centre did FOC.
How were they installed? By the photos, it seems they have just been clamped.
Old 15th May 2024, 21:17   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSS View Post
Are the floor mat hooks that you purchased as a spare part Jimny specific or a generic for any Maruti Suzuki car?
They're probably common for all cars as the label had no mention of "Jimny"

Quote:
How were they installed? By the photos, it seems they have just been clamped.
There is a small hole on the floor for this and a notch in the carpet. That small piece of carpet and is removed and this is cliped in place.

This 4x4 bug has bit me real hard and there seems to be no end to accessories...

I ordered 4 iridium tip NGK spark plugs. It's pin point central electrode will have less wear and less carbon build up along with better performance

Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT-20240324_180915.jpg

I added Bimbra roof carrier 3 weeks ago.

Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT-20240421_132048.jpg

Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT-20240421_132318.jpg

Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT-20240421_132240.jpg

Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT-20240421_132248.jpg

Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT-20240421_132214.jpg

The things I liked is the short height, the linex coated textured finish, grabhandles on the side, the simplicity and the reasonable pricing. It's not heavy either. T-slots are not there but i feel, it's manageable.

Within a day I found one point that I didn't like. The roof carrier creates a disturbing wind noise even at 40kmph! It's so strong that I felt it is holding the car back!

Some people had wrapped a cord to reduce the noise while some other carriers had built-in wind deflectors. I studied a bit and then went to Swastikfabs (Vijay) and gave them a design of a wind deflector and asked if they can fabricate. Vijay asked me to drop the vehicle for couple of days and he'll figure out a wind deflector.

He came up with a very simple design (shows his experience) yet a very effective design.

Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT-20240515_083100.jpg

Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT-20240515_083107.jpg

Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT-20240515_083028.jpg

Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT-20240515_083040.jpg

I was looking for a rockslider cum side step since quite sometime and hadn't found a good one in the market. I had asked Vijay to fabricate one and he had done some iterations. But he was not satisfied with those. I asked him to keep the vehicle for some more days and give it back with the sidestep. Finally he achieved a design which was functional, strong and good looking too. I was happy with the final result, the mounting, aesthetic and functional aspects have been taken care of.

Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT-20240515_082830.jpg

Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT-20240515_082757.jpg

Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT-20240515_082853.jpg

Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT-20240515_082939.jpg

I got the plastic pipe of the snorkel to a SS pipe. Now the sound has a nice humm to it and engine feels a wee bit relaxed.

Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT-20240515_083210.jpg

The plastic mobile holder on the passenger side was weak for my heavy phone and it was always shaking or making a squeaking noise. So i changed it a Ram mount magsafe mobile holder (magsafe charger not included). It's Ram and true to it's reputation it's really sturdy. I don't use iphones and hence looking for a qi standard charging pad, once I get it, I'll put it inside

Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT-20240515_083406.jpg

Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT-20240515_083339.jpg

Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No Worry | The story of our Maruti Jimny AT-20240515_083346.jpg

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 15th May 2024 at 21:25.
hemanth.anand is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 14:31   #34
TSS
BHPian

Re: Jungle, Interstate or Metro…No worrY - The story of our Jimny AT

Quote:
Gear position LED (not equally lit but something is better than nothing)
What sort of LED strip did you use for the Gear Shift illumination?

Quote:
Under-bonnet insulation
What is your experience after installing the under-bonnet

Can you share the link for the above two items.
Old 21st July 2024, 14:23   #35
TSS
BHPian

[/quote]I had mentioned that the driver seat floor mats have no hooks. I was impressed that this is available as a spare.

[quote]

Did these floor mat hooks come with the Jimny or were they purchased as separately as a spare part.
How can I get these Carpet Mats Hold Down Clip Brackets?
Cant find them on Maruti Spare Genuine Parts Website.
What is the part code?
Old 22nd July 2024, 19:24   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSS View Post
What sort of LED strip did you use for the Gear Shift illumination?

What is your experience after installing the under-bonnet

Can you share the link for the above two items.
Sorry for the late reply. Was off the forum for a few days.
The underbody insulation I had ordered even before my car was delivered. A relative hand carried from the US.
I've not seen any noticeable difference TBH.

https://a.co/d/e1R5WWZ

The LED strip was ordered from Amazon Japan website and delivered directly to my home

Seiwa IMP200 Shift Position Illumination for Suzuki Jimny & Sierra (JB64/JB74), Genuine Same Color LED, Orange, Easy Wiring, Dress Up Position LED https://amzn.asia/d/08b3ZAvw

Those were the days when Jimny accessories weren't available in India yet. Now all are available in India. You can check Essar Automotive or Bluegarage.in or Swastikfabs or 4xForza etc...

Quote:
Did these floor mat hooks come with the Jimny or were they purchased as separately as a spare part.
How can I get these Carpet Mats Hold Down Clip Brackets?
Cant find them on Maruti Spare Genuine Parts Website.
What is the part code?
They were purchased separately as a spare. There was no sticker on the cover with part details. Best is to check with A.S.S
Old 22nd July 2024, 20:09   #37
TSS
BHPian

Quote:
They were purchased separately as a spare. There was no sticker on the cover with part details. Best is to check with A.S.S
Found the part code on Suzuki UK website but this part code yields no result on India MGP site. As suggested by you, will have to seek help from ASS.
Probably this bracket comes along with Maruti Genuine Accessories Jimny floor mats.

https://simssuzukiparts.co.uk/produc...et-75921-76g10

Quote:
Seiwa IMP200 Shift Position Illumination for Suzuki Jimny & Sierra (JB64/JB74), Genuine Same Color LED, Orange, Easy Wiring, Dress Up Position LED https://amzn.asia/d/08b3ZAvw
Would like to have this product but I am apprehensive if I can connect the wires myself. Will have to take help.

Most Viewed