Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2024, 01:10   #16

Re: I own both of the Skoda India 2.0 cars | My Skoda Kushaq MT and Slavia AT Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I am attaching a pic of the 5th gen City as Google makes it out to be. Hence the confusion. In Indian context, the one you are referring to is the 3rd gen but really it was 5th gen gobally.
Ahh got it. Thanks! This is good to know. We purchased it in 2009 so that was my point of reference. Wasn’t sure about which generation it was; was a great package overall though.
Old 19th May 2024, 01:32   #17
BHPian

Re: I own both of the Skoda India 2.0 cars | My Skoda Kushaq MT and Slavia AT Reviews

Nice, crisp and informative. Just curious - did you consider the Virtus or the new Verna ?
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 08:32   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Nice, crisp and informative. Just curious - did you consider the Virtus or the new Verna ?
Hi @invidious, glad you liked my write up! To answer your question:

1. Verna - to be honest, no. At the time I had bought the car, the new Verna wasn’t out yet. And hence it wasn’t even in the consideration set. And I’m actually in the camp which finds the new Verna to be not so good looking. I know looks are subjective, but that’s just my opinion. The previous one looked much better I believe. Verna never really appealed as a purchase to me, hence it was out.

2. Virtus - now this is a tricky one. I had considered it, but never went to the showroom. 2 reasons:
A. The wife was against it, she didn’t quite like the looks. I think it looks pretty good and understated.
B. A little controversial, but I’ve always considered Skoda to be the more premium of the two. Even globally that’s how they position it I believe. But ever since I had laid eyes on the old generations of Superb and Octavia, Skoda had become “that” aspirational brand for me. Skoda’s design also appeals more to me - in the sense, they are also understated, but look more sleek and classy, IMO, while VW may become boring after a while. Again, these are my thoughts, but since you asked.

Hope this answers your question.
Old 26th May 2024, 12:49   #19
VMG
BHPian

How is the AC performance in summer in both Skodas and which one is better?
VMG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2024, 01:52   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
How is the AC performance in summer in both Skodas and which one is better?
Thank you for this question VMG! While I see quite a few complaints with regards to the AC performance in these models, fortunately I have not faced any such issue. I live in hot and humid Kolkata and so it really is a good test of the AC performance in a car. I’ve gone on long highway trips as well and no issue with the AC performance.

I believe this is an issue which may have come in the initial bathes of both the cars. Both our Kushaq and Slavia were purchased one year after their respective launches, and so I believe Skoda probably took the feedback and fixed any issues with future production.

Again, this is my experience. Would love to hear from others on this.
jc.on.wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 17:28   #21

Hi,

For me Kushaq is also my 2nd car after I sold Ford Freestyle and the reason is the same being exit from India and dicey about the Service availability of spares and decreased resale value.

I have also penned down long term review of 30000 KMS but not sure where to post as doubt the post will be moved. So here it is, hope you dont mind me penning down my 2 cents

I've spent the last 2.6 years and 30,000 kilometers behind the wheel of my Skoda Kushaq, and it's been a memorable journey so far. Here's my take on this capable SUV:

Drive Experience:
The Kushaq has been a joy to drive, with a comfortable and confident feel on the road. Whether navigating steep ghats in Maharashtra or cruising on the plains of Hyderabad and Warangal, the car has taken on every terrain with ease.

Fuel Efficiency:
On the highways, I've consistently achieved a mileage of 19-20 km/l, which is impressive. However, my enthusiastic driving style (adrenaline mode, anyone?) has brought the average down to 16 km/l.

Stability and Safety:
The Kushaq has proven to be rock-solid at high speeds. I recall a heart-stopping moment on the Hyderabad highway when I accidentally hit a stray dog at 90 km/h. The car remained stable, and the ABS kicked in, preventing any loss of control or deviation from my lane.

Brakes:
The brakes have been more than adequate, even in emergency situations like when a truck suddenly changed lanes without indicating. I had to slam on the brakes hard, but the Kushaq stayed in its lane, thanks to the effective ABS.

Cons: Remains fairly same as bootspace is not limited for a family of 3 but still lacks some space. Not enough space to accommodate 3 full grown adults in the back seat which at times my friends tease me but I bought this car keeping in mind my family of 3 adults and a kid. It lacks all those flashy cosmetic features which the KIA's, Hyundai's offer but it is livable without these features. AC is biggest drawback even after 2-3 visits of software upgrades, AC falls short to cool the cabin compared to its competitors.
Attached Thumbnails
I own both of the Skoda India 2.0 cars | My Skoda Kushaq MT and Slavia AT Reviews-kushaq1.jpeg  

I own both of the Skoda India 2.0 cars | My Skoda Kushaq MT and Slavia AT Reviews-kushaq2.jpeg  

I own both of the Skoda India 2.0 cars | My Skoda Kushaq MT and Slavia AT Reviews-kushaq3.jpeg  

lovebikes is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th July 2024, 17:43   #22
BHPian

Those are great highway efficiency figures. Could you kindly mention the speeds you maintained out on the open roads? What about b2b to moderate city traffic efficiency? What kind of petrol you use mostly? And did you face any rattles or squeaks till date? I know too many questions but it would be very much appreciated if you kindly reply.

Last edited by Phantom 510 : 17th July 2024 at 17:47.
Old 17th July 2024, 23:16   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom 510 View Post
Those are great highway efficiency figures. Could you kindly mention the speeds you maintained out on the open roads? What about b2b to moderate city traffic efficiency? What kind of petrol you use mostly? And did you face any rattles or squeaks till date? I know too many questions but it would be very much appreciated if you kindly reply.

If this question is directed to me so I try to maintain cars speed between 85-90 kmph with short bursts of 100 kmph occasionally making sure to keep car between 1.7-1.9 or 2000 rpm on open highways. Once I drove at constant speed of 90 with 1.7k rpm to Hyderabad and the car consumed half tank and I drove around 200 kms more on my return leg and I was genuinely surprised by the mileage. In b2b traffic it varies between 9-11 kmpl only. I have seen many posts where people were able to get in excess of 25 kmpl! I most often fill petrol at HP and 91 octane petrol. Hope I was able to answer your query.
lovebikes is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2024, 01:27   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebikes View Post
If this question is directed to me so I try to maintain cars speed between 85-90 kmph with short bursts of 100 kmph occasionally making sure to keep car between 1.7-1.9 or 2000 rpm on open highways. Once I drove at constant speed of 90 with 1.7k rpm to Hyderabad and the car consumed half tank and I drove around 200 kms more on my return leg and I was genuinely surprised by the mileage. In b2b traffic it varies between 9-11 kmpl only. I have seen many posts where people were able to get in excess of 25 kmpl! I most often fill petrol at HP and 91 octane petrol. Hope I was able to answer your query.
Thank you very much!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks