Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2024, 23:20   #46
BHPian

Re: The Story of a Green Scorpion | Mahindra Scorpio-N Ownership Review

30K Update - Maintenance, Recalls & Others

Service Action update:

The service actions were addressed during an ad-hoc visit to fix the car’s non-working left rear indicators (which turned out to be loose wiring). There were 6 pending recalls on my VIN – details of which are in the image below.

The Story of a Green Scorpion | Mahindra Scorpio-N Ownership Review-20240502_132339_original.jpeg

I had requested the team to specifically to not apply any ECU/EMS related updates, but the technician carried out the update in “auto-pilot” mode and the latest EMS update got applied. Unfortunately, this EMS update dulls the performance of the car.

In day-to-day city driving or regular highway cruising, one does not feel a massive difference. However, someone keen enough will notice the reduced low end torque delivery and the gearbox fumbling to get into the right cog from time to time. This also makes the motor noisier as it tries to over-revv to fulfil the power demand.

A noticeable difference is felt when you need a sudden surge of power. For example, overtaking slow moving vehicles on a single carriageway was never an issue, the torque delivery used to be peaky enough to get the job done, and then some. After this update, in such situations the car feels like its running in “Eco Mode”. I had to plan every single overtake on the Mysore – Sulthan Bathery stretch during my last weekender to Wayanad. This was simply annoying.

I have reached out to the good folks at Mahindra to find a viable solution to this problem. As of not they’ve ruled out roll-back as a feasible option. I’ll continue to follow-up on this as I am finding it very difficult to live with the neutered SUV.

30K Maintenance service update:

Last week, I completed the 30K Service (about 1.5 Years ahead of schedule) at PPS Motors, Thanisandra (Bangalore). They’re accepting fewer cards nowadays and absolutely no walk-ins. The lead time to get an appointment thus has increased to a couple weeks.

There weren’t any major issues reported, apart from the Service action related discussions. The front left wheel well liner suffered from a broken clip and was touching the wheel during lock-to-lock turns. This was rectified. I’m quite happy to report that there haven’t been any annoying niggles that has cropped up on my car and it continues to munch miles like no ones’ business.

As part of the 30K service, apart from the regular consumables, the front and rear differential oils were also changed. The billed amount was Rs. 10.5K.

As usual, I asked the team not to wash the car and I was done by 1PM – about 4 hours incl. an hour of lunch break. Overall, I continue to be satisfied with service experience at PPS.

Weekend trip to Wayanad:

We went on an impromptu weekend trip to Wayanad during the mid of May. With the onset of monsoons in the region, we were treated to a lovely weather. The stay we booked, called Villa Tesori Homestay, is a very lovely & cozy property nestled atop a hill, overlooking tea plantations. The property owner, Mrs. Nimmi,a fellow Scorpio-N owner is an incredible host. We were treated to some delectable home-made Kerala food, adventurous stories from her time in Kenya and her gardening tips & tricks among so many other things made our stay really special. I'd definitely recommend spending a couple of days there. The approach road to the property is a little steep, but was cakewalk for the Scorpio-N.

The Story of a Green Scorpion | Mahindra Scorpio-N Ownership Review-img_0098.jpeg

Drone pics courtesy - adneo

The Story of a Green Scorpion | Mahindra Scorpio-N Ownership Review-dji_0172.jpeg

The Story of a Green Scorpion | Mahindra Scorpio-N Ownership Review-dji_0173.jpeg

Both our ScorpioNs in one frame!

The Story of a Green Scorpion | Mahindra Scorpio-N Ownership Review-img_0049.jpeg

Spotted these lovelies:

The Story of a Green Scorpion | Mahindra Scorpio-N Ownership Review-img_0077.jpeg

Parting shot

The Story of a Green Scorpion | Mahindra Scorpio-N Ownership Review-dsc_7916.jpeg

Other Miscellaneous stuff
  • Owing to my extremely busy schedule, I haven’t been able to get my lightbar aligned perfectly. Once I’m able to do that, I’ll be posting a review of the lightbar and it’s performance.
  • I’ve been meaning to wrap the chrome grills in a shade of “Matte Charcoal Metallic” which I feel complements the body colour well. Unfortunately, none of the 3M stores in Bangalore whom I spoke to have this wrap in stock. I’ll continue the search. Here’s a small demo piece Koramangala 3M guys affixed to give me an idea.

The Story of a Green Scorpion | Mahindra Scorpio-N Ownership Review-photo20240525153249.jpeg
  • Some owners are facing issues with the Cruise control not working/working erratically. I haven’t faced this problem yet but will keep a close eye.

Last edited by nerd1200 : 23rd June 2024 at 23:44.
nerd1200 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks