Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2023, 12:28   #1
BHPian

My Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm

My BMW 530D M Sport F10 - Bee Emm

They say “Kisi cheez ko dil se chaho to puri kainaat usse tumse milane me lag Jati Hai”

I have been passionate about automobiles since childhood. And I must say that the credit goes to my Father who is also an enthusiast .

Our journey started with a White Maruti Omni(1988), followed by swanky Red Maruti 800(1992), Tata Indica type 1(1998) , Hyundai Accent(2002) , Toyota Innova(2006), Ford Figo(2012), Maruti Suzuki Baleno(2016, Toyota Fortuner(2017), 2010 Honda Civic,* Skoda Kushaq (2022),

I personally purchased a 2010 Honda Civic in 2019 which we still own.

The urge to upgrade was since 2021 since there was something missing in the Honda Civic.

What I missed in Civic was the manic torque that only a diesel can offer.

I started seeing classifieds for German cars and the search began

Cars considered

C250 CDI
The capable C class chassis and the 500nm of mouth watering torque made me consider this car. Had seen a few listings but they were not well maintained and few were overpriced

BMW 3 series
The able and agile chassis and the right size for Indian roads. Test drove a decently maintained F30 but, I seriously missed the real power, the real whoosh of the turbo. This could be because I am accustomed to the Toyota Fortuner's massive torque in POWER mode. So it didn’t give me that thrilling experience that I was looking for. At this point, I realized that I need something bigger and more powerful! Probably a 3 liter turbocharged engine!

ML 350 CDI
Since I was looking for a 3 liter now, I also considered a few SUV options like ML 350 CDI but the cost constraints and the high Maintenance costs kept me away. Also my father and brother were against an SUV as we already have a fortuner at home!

After looking at the above options I thought of the BMW 530d mainly because I had heard and read a lot about the famous 3.0 liter creamy smooth V6 engine

Also, I had enjoyed reading GTO ‘s post and others of their 530d M Sport a few years ago. This led me to believe that the 5 series would meet my criteria
For the last six months, I have been looking at 530d classifieds. Most of the cars either had multiple owners or were overpriced.
My Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm-img20230802wa0008.jpg

And then I came across a listing, a 2009 BMW 530d E60 2009. It was a second owner, 54000 km driven. I drove it and the engine and gearbox seemed fine to me. And that power surge! Oh my my, This is what I was looking for! My search would have ended here, BUT this car was not kept well by its owner(s). For starters, this was still running on the first set of tires! But the owner seemed genuine.* His asking price was 6.85 lakhs and my final offer was 5.75 lakhs. Even after knowing the fact that the car needed to be registered, all 4 tires needed replacement, all fluids to be replaced, and water leakage in the driver side footwell. The owner was also in two minds whether to sell the car or not and the deal did not take off!

My Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm-img20230904wa0036.jpgThen, I came across another listing, a blue 530d M sport 2012 52000 km driven single owner car from Ahmedabad.* I said to myself, “this is it!”. I was about to purchase the car for mere 13 lakhs, but because I was living in Gujarat for work and only had a rental agreement, a few more documents were required, such as a police verification of my address. I completed the necessary paperwork and was about to pick up the car the next day post inspection. However, fate had other plans. The car was sold the day before!*

One more 530d was listed in Surat. It was a 2011 530d single owner 22000 kms and the price quoted was too high i.e. 22.5 lakhs. I gave it a pass.

MY Bee Emm
Inspection and buying process

On around 13th September, I saw a listing on Facebook. November 2016 530d M Sport in Alpine white color, first owner run only 53000 kms quoted at 30 lakhs! The car was Surat RTO registered and was with a preowned car dealer in Surat itself. Initially I ignored the car looking at the price tag.
From the pictures posted I could tell that the car had an immaculate bodyline, and looked as good as new. I could also tell that the Interiors were not abused.

I checked the registration details of the car on the CarInfo App. It was registered in the name of a young (35 ish) guy. Due to my curiosity, I searched for him on Facebook and looked at his profile (admittedly, that was a bit much), but it was the only way I could get a sense of the owner.
. After seeing his profiles he seemed to be a good boy and one who would not abuse his car(s). The urge to see the car grew more and more. I called the dealer on 15th September, enquired and reached his place at around 7 pm after finishing my work. I know this was not a great time for car inspection. The dealer was out for some work and his security guard handed me over the key. Initial impressions of the car were positive
My Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm-img20230915wa0051.jpeg .

I started with checking the body line of the car. Windshields and window glasses were of similar make and date. Rear tires were 2021 make and front tires were 2019 make Continental Tubeless tyres. They had a decent amount of tread left. The wheels were painted black , brake calipers in Red. It looked just WOW!. The interiors were in great shape too, the steering wheel and buttons did not have a single sign of abuse. All electricals were working as intended. This was the only inspection I did followed by a 3-4 kms test drive. All felt OK. The car was easy to judge and drive. I gave him an offer of 24 lakhs and went home. His offer was 28.5 lakhs.
My Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm-img20231106wa0031.jpg
My Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm-img20231106wa0034.jpgMy Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm-img20231106wa0037.jpgMy Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm-img20231106wa0038.jpgMy Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm-img20231106wa0046.jpgMy Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm-img20231106wa0041.jpgMy Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm-img20231106wa0033.jpgMy Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm-img20231106wa0035.jpgMy Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm-img20231106wa0043.jpgMy Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm-img20231106wa0045.jpg
Honestly, I had not planned for such a big purchase. I went home and discussed it with my family. My wife liked the car and told me to go for it and for once to calm this car buying urge. haha!

I showed the pictures to my brother, who is also an avid car enthusiast. He also liked the car.
My father said if you like the car, give the token and block it. I still had to manage the finances as I had initially thought that I would buy a 10 year old BMW and had a budget for the same. I remember my brothers wife saying “Mehenga Roye Ek Baar, Sasta Roye Baar Baar“ meaning Expensive but good quality product is any day better than going the cheaper route and then spend in preventive maintenance.

18th September, on the evening of my birthday, I transferred the token amount to the dealer, with the condition that I would first check the service history and have the car inspected at BMW. If there were any issues or if I was not happy with the car, he would return the amount, to which he agreed.

The car was sent to Eminent Cars BMW ,SURAT and largely the inspection report came out well

Non accidental, No Insurance claims, only issue reported was alloys were run out minimally and brake pedal judder on heavy braking. These were both were minor issues which could be dealt with later.Inspection costed me 14500 INR

So, the final negotiation began (one sided dealer’s side) and a price was finalized. Till this time, I wasn’t aware that there is transfer tax in Gujarat and that too 15% of original LST if the vehicle is less than 8 years old.*

The D Day:
Delivery was scheduled on 23rd of September.
The delivery day was just Epic. It was pouring down like cats and dogs the previous night and also in the morning. I was anxious about water logging and any issue while driving the car in the rain but just 20 minutes prior to our departure for delivery the rains slowed down and we left for taking delivery in our Fortuner. It was a 45 km drive from Navsari to Surat. By the time we reached Surat it was bone dry there. This was nothing short of a miracle for me and I thank god for that.

The experience with the dealership was largely ok except the delay in transfer of ownership. We cut a cake, clicked a few pictures while handing over the keys. And left for home!
My Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm-img20230929wa0023.jpgMy Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm-img20230924wa0015.jpgMy Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm-img20230924wa0018.jpg
Now the car is transferred and driven for 1000 kms post delivery. The transfer took around a month to complete.
Trip to Saputara
My Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm-img_20231105_141717.jpgMy Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm-img_20231105_141740.jpg
Things I don’t like

Ground clearance: The car is very very low - one has to be careful on bad roads and speed breakers. I knew about this beforehand, but thanks to Indian road conditions I am extra cautious while I am driving it*

No keyless entry: Since this is a fairly new car, I would have loved it if BMW offered keyless entry in this car.

Poor rear legroom: Again a known issue, but didn’t expect the issue to be so bad. The rear legroom is very poor and this makes the car purely a 4 seater.*

No aircon controls for rear passengers: The rear passengers have no way to control the rear Aircon. Also, some passengers* have complained about the airflow being low in the back seat. Only option which remains is to hit that MAX A/C button*

Things I like*

Power: Torque, torque and torque. It pulls like an airliner ready to take off on a runway

Driving Dynamics: Balanced chassis and very able handler*

Noise insulation: No matter what speeds you are doing, the engine and road noise is always under control and are largely filtered out, making the cabin a very silent place to be in.

Looks: I always look back at her after I lock it. Well sometimes I also feel like putting up a chair in front of it and sipping some tea while looking at her.*

Drive: the ride is a bit firm but compliant . I prefer driving in Comfort Mode but Sports mode Is mandatory when I see a open stretch of road or twisties

Fuel efficiency Under mixed driving conditions I am getting 13.5 kmpl which is reasonable for this 1700 kg beast

Next service shows after 5000 Kms. Would need guidance of you guys whereas to service it In Mumbai Bmw service center or a Nice FNG at Mumbai or nearby Surat

don’t want to make the thread too long.. hope you guys like reading it
Civic_doc is online now   (81) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 10:40   #2

re: My Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm

Congratulations on your new acquisition! You're one of the lucky few who get to enjoy this dying breed of torquey diesel beauties!
Hope you enjoy your ride to the fullest! (And also share your experiences for the rest of us to enjoy )

Quote:
No keyless entry: Since this is a fairly new car, I would have loved it if BMW offered keyless entry in this car.
Are you sure of this? I owned the same 530d LCI (MY2015) and that had 3 small stripes on the front door handles- you swipe on them to lock/unlock the car.
Vinay3832 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 11:05   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm

Congrats! You got yourself a beast of a car, and one of the best turbo-diesel + AT combinations ever sold. Enjoy your F10. You got an amazing colour (I love it in white & silver) and the later update with all the goodies.

Keep her well, maintain her with the best parts & labour, and she will reward you with many years of driving pleasure. I have never owned a daily driver beyond the 10-year mark, but the 530d is such a timeless sedan that I have made an exception with mine. Fast, luxurious, safe, deadly, oozing with quality. Get an engine & gearbox remap - your car will fly on the open road. My car is making 300+ BHP & 650 Nm.

This is how my F10 looks. Pictures shot with new tyres last month:
My Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm-bmw-8.jpg

My Pre-Owned 2016 BMW 530d M-Sport F10 - Bee Emm-bmw-12.jpg
GTO is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 11:19   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay3832 View Post
Congratulations on your new acquisition! You're one of the lucky few who get to enjoy this dying breed of torquey diesel beauties!
Hope you enjoy your ride to the fullest! (And also share your experiences for the rest of us to enjoy )

Are you sure of this? I owned the same 530d LCI (MY2015) and that had 3 small stripes on the front door handles- you swipe on them to lock/unlock the car.
thank. I shall check once again though I did not see any stripes there.
Old 10th November 2023, 11:23   #5
BHPian

Congratulations! I just hope by another 5-6 years, hopefully if I can own this beast, also my dream car, get such clean examples of the G30 atleast. One test drive at a Spinny showroom had me sold. The torque is addictive - my Scorpio gave me that first rush that made me a diesel head - this, well flung me into the real deal, quite literally. The rear and side profiles of the car had me drooling. Enjoy your ride.
100Kmphormore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 11:24   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congrats! You got yourself a beast of a car, and one of the best turbo-diesel + AT combinations ever sold. Enjoy your F10. You got an amazing colour (I love it in white & silver) and the later update with all the goodies.

Keep her well, maintain her with the best parts & labour, and she will reward you with many years of driving pleasure. I have never owned a daily driver beyond the 10-year mark, but the 530d is such a timeless sedan that I have made an exception with mine. Fast, luxurious, safe, deadly, oozing with quality. Get an engine & gearbox remap - your car will fly on the open road. My car is making 300+ BHP & 650 Nm.

This is how my F10 looks. Pictures shot with new tyres last month:
Attachment 2529449

Attachment 2529450

Thanks GTO for the compliments . In a way you were the inspiration which led me buying Bee Emm. Yes i want to keep it in the best of the shape. i will gradually think about the remaps . Man, i must say your car looks dapper . black suits so well. I also some times miss the Stock Alloy rims as compared to my black ones,but they have slowly grown over me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
Congratulations! I just hope by another 5-6 years, hopefully if I can own this beast, also my dream car, get such clean examples of the G30 atleast. One test drive at a Spinny showroom had me sold. The torque is addictive - my Scorpio gave me that first rush that made me a diesel head - this, well flung me into the real deal, quite literally. The rear and side profiles of the car had me drooling. Enjoy your ride.

yes brother you shall definently acquire it earlier than you think you can!!

Last edited by Aditya : 10th November 2023 at 19:26. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Civic_doc is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 12:35   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civic_doc View Post

They say “Kisi cheez ko dil se chaho to puri kainaat usse tumse milane me lag Jati Hai”
WOW!!! The car looks striking with those red calipers. 530D M is always a fantastic product.

Congratulations on getting the beast.

Any modification planned??
satish.gawai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 13:36   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civic_doc View Post

Next service shows after 5000 Kms. Would need guidance of you guys whereas to service it In Mumbai Bmw service center or a Nice FNG at Mumbai or nearby Surat

Congratulations on the purchase! A beautiful looking car. I'm sure it drives just as beautifully. I would suggest you stick to Eminent cars Surat for servicing. I get my 7 serviced there regularly and they have been very supportive overall. Also the staff is responsive and helpful. I will connect you with a couple of people if required. Hope it helps!! Till then enjoy the new car. Wish you many safe and joyous miles ahead!
sirjokhi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 15:28   #9
BHPian

Congratulations for the car, it's definitely on my wishlist as well. I see you got a fairly good deal for the LCI car. It looks timeless and the color looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay3832 View Post
It's called comfort access and sadly not standard on most BMWs unless preconfigured with the comfort package.
turbowhistle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 15:37   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish.gawai View Post
WOW!!! The car looks striking with those red calipers. 530D M is always a fantastic product.

Congratulations on getting the beast.

Any modification planned??
thanks for the compliments. at present no mods planned, will enjoy it the way it is for now
Civic_doc is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 17:03   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjokhi View Post
Congratulations on the purchase! A beautiful looking car. I'm sure it drives just as beautifully. I would suggest you stick to Eminent cars Surat for servicing. I get my 7 serviced there regularly and they have been very supportive overall. Also the staff is responsive and helpful. I will connect you with a couple of people if required. Hope it helps!! Till then enjoy the new car. Wish you many safe and joyous miles ahead!

thanks for the compliments! shall message you for the service related query.
Civic_doc is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 21:29   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowhistle View Post
Congratulations for the car, it's definitely on my wishlist as well. I see you got a fairly good deal for the LCI car. It looks timeless and the color looks great.

It's called comfort access and sadly not standard on most BMWs unless preconfigured with the comfort package.
Thanks turbowhistle! Also I checked for Comfort Access , it doesn't have this feature
Old 22nd November 2023, 09:37   #13

Man you are living my dream! Congratulations on getting a beast of a vehicle. For me the 5 series beamer in the 3L diesel variant is the pinnacle of luxury and performance that is best suited for Indian roads. Once again a hearty congratulations.
StormShadow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 22:26   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShadow View Post
Man you are living my dream! Congratulations on getting a beast of a vehicle. For me the 5 series beamer in the 3L diesel variant is the pinnacle of luxury and performance that is best suited for Indian roads. Once again a hearty congratulations.

Thanks a ton StormShadow it was a dream for me too .yes it is a car to have been in the to be driven list.
Civic_doc is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 09:20   #15
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase yes there are a few options in Mumbai you can check for service.
kavesh55 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks