Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2023, 16:26   #31
BHPian

Re: BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine 330Li LCI | Initial Ownership Review

Congratulations on the 3LI. Its a beautiful car. I just picked one up myself this July in Portimao Blue.

Being an enthusiast, and having driven a F30 earlier, and reading all reviews that the Li has got additional weight, length and that comfy suspension has compromised the ride, I was a bit apprehensive. However after 120 days of ownership, I can say I am pleasantly surprised. I would have liked the steering feel to be heavier, especially at cornering when I use the ghats, but other than that, I am quite happy.

Enjoying a good petrol sedan is probably something we can do for few more years, if not decades, so make the most of this ownership experience.
cedricsg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 12:15   #32
BHPian

Re: BMW 330LI M Sport (LCI) - Initial ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBimmerBoy View Post
Hey mate. looks like we are twins. I also took delivery of my 330Li on the 28th of September, and God do I really relate to you on some of the things!
Congratulations buddy, 3 LI is a fantastic product. After cancelling C300D due to its low GC, I was this close to pick 330 LI as my next choice, but then had to drop it from the wishlist due to absence of rear blinds. First world problems of married men, when wife also has a say in car buying decisions.

And thus, eventually went for the A6, you probably know the reason why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBimmerBoy View Post

1) The fuel consumption - I live in Bombay and my GT would do upwards of 35 km a day in the city, and still reward me with close to 11-12 kmpl, which was really good. Last year again, somehow on the 28th of September (pure coincidence), we took delivery of an Audi Q5 45 TFSI Technology (2023) after selling the GT. It was really amazing and I expected the mild hybrid tech to really give me some good coasting power. But to my surprise, after over a year of owning the Q5, it only returns an abysmal 4.5 kmpl.

The A6 runs the same engine/gearbox combination of the Q5, I am averaging at 9-10 kmpl in the city, and my runs are on our dreaded WEH. Only during extreme bumper to bumper traffic, the worst I have seen is 6.5 kmpl.

During my 2-3 highway trips (one Goa, one Pune & one Nasik) I had consistently got 16.5 kmpl from the motor, with 3 people on board and couple of bags in the boot.

May be you can try tweaking your driving style and see if things get better.

Here's a random parting shot of my A6

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine 330Li LCI | Initial Ownership Review-img_4221.jpg
sawnilrules is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 22:43   #33
BHPian

Hi guys. I see a lot of people with the same gripe about the blinds. Has anyone tried something like this?

https://www.automaze.in/products/rol...-sports?_pos=8

Considering the Li but the blinds are a concern for me too
Old 19th November 2023, 23:03   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Hi guys. I see a lot of people with the same gripe about the blinds. Has anyone tried something like this?

https://www.automaze.in/products/rol...-sports?_pos=8

Considering the Li but the blinds are a concern for me too
Blinds for 3GL are available as accessory from BMW, but at Rs 36k a set it is very expensive. I went for 30 percent tint from Iris Pro which worked out cheaper than 3M CR70. Had seen a few sellers in Amazon with 3GL G20 blinds, but not seen these days.
sandygordon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 05:50   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Blinds for 3GL are available as accessory from BMW, but at Rs 36k a set it is very expensive. I went for 30 percent tint from Iris Pro which worked out cheaper than 3M CR70. Had seen a few sellers in Amazon with 3GL G20 blinds, but not seen these days.
That is a crazy ask! I thought they sold a (still pricey) set of 2 rear side shades for 10K for the 330/320/340.

Can you share a link or pictures of these 36K blinds? Totally mystifying why BMW dropped the lovely integrated blinds when they moved from the F30 to the G20.

Last edited by itwasntme : 20th November 2023 at 05:51.
Old 20th November 2023, 06:45   #36
BHPian

Quote:
A link or pictures would be greatly appreciated. I received this photo from bmw but they’re not retractable

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine 330Li LCI | Initial Ownership Review-69f7b351c6f145d89fc3a2c568af7056.jpeg
Old 20th November 2023, 12:55   #37
BHPian

On the G28, the full rear body coloured bumper looks a bit odd to me. I prefer the look on the 340i which has the lower part blacked out. Has anyone tried that on the Li? I visited the Infinity workshop in Turbhe and the option suggested was Performance Parts, which included Carbon Fibre diffuser. Is there a better option that anyone has been successful at?
Old 20th November 2023, 14:45   #38
BHPian

I had ordered a set of shades from Amazon. Link below. They fit perfectly and the opacity is also good. The only sore point is that they are not retractable. Fitting them took a bit of effort but now they are in place and I am satisfied with them totally.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

I don't have pictures as of now but quite good VFM.
ashish2135 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 16:39   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
On the G28, the full rear body coloured bumper looks a bit odd to me. I prefer the look on the 340i which has the lower part blacked out. Has anyone tried that on the Li? I visited the Infinity workshop in Turbhe and the option suggested was Performance Parts, which included Carbon Fibre diffuser. Is there a better option that anyone has been successful at?
Agree, that was my thought too that the rear bumper looks weird on the LCI. Why not wrap it? Much cheaper and you can redo it every couple of years if it gets worn out.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 12:29   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
I had ordered a set of shades from Amazon
I don't have pictures as of now but quite good VFM.
Would love to see some photos of this in place, ashish2135! Do you think you can post a few here? Obviously they are not retractable, but are they easy to take off and put back? Or are they "permanently in place" shades?
Stryker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 22:47   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
Painted the diffuser part in black
Was done by the dealership before delivery
Had option of m340i honeycomb grille as well, at 25k plus labour. Did not opt for it
Pic attached
BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine 330Li LCI | Initial Ownership Review-20231015img_0614.jpg

Below is a pic of another 330Li with the m340i honey comb grille. Looks cool. I am planning to do it sometime soon. Pic Courtesy- EVM Autokraft, Cochin.
BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine 330Li LCI | Initial Ownership Review-330li.jpg

Last edited by sandygordon : 25th November 2023 at 22:54.
sandygordon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 22:51   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Had option of m340i honeycomb grille as well, at 25k plus labour. Did not opt for it
Pic attached
Attachment 2535662
Love it! Makes the car look much better and balances out the front bumper. How much did this cost you?
Zahir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 23:03   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Love it! Makes the car look much better and balances out the front bumper. How much did this cost you?
It does make the rear more balanced and removes that generic Honda City look from a distance. It was a Rs 8k paintjob. Quite expensive, but went ahead for it prior to delivery

M 340i grille would cost 25k and M type carbon fiber wing mirror replacement cover would cost around 30k. Planning these in the near future.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 00:42   #44
BHPian

Quote:
It does make the rear more balanced and removes that generic Honda City look from a distance. It was a Rs 8k paintjob. Quite expensive, but went ahead for it prior to delivery

M 340i grille would cost 25k and M type carbon fiber wing mirror replacement cover would cost around 30k. Planning these in the near future.
That’s not terrible. Did you consider wrapping instead of painting?
Old 26th November 2023, 09:36   #45
BHPian

Quote:
This looks fab. This was suggested by the workshop too and now seeing it pictures just solves this for me. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks