Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2024, 09:20   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: 6 months Ownership update

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretto View Post
Tried multiple adjustments, I would have seen lot of videos in YouTube for seating position. And I am not very tall only around 6 feet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I too can't find a comfortable position in my Tiguan Allspace. This is the vehicle with tallest/most upright driving position among the cars I owned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charan23 View Post
I too am facing the same issue with the seating position.Its comforting to know that there are others who feel the same..I thought that there was something wrong with my car.
You guys are all spot on. To find the correct seating position has been challenging for me as well.
It took me one month to find the ideal driving position. Once early on I thought I had finally found it, on a drive or two I realised again I am not comfortable and again changed it around. This would happen numerous times. It has mainly been the reach in steering wheel for me the issue. I thought it was my non-european build or height/shorter arms at first as I am 5Ft. 7", but now I read tall boy toretto also has this issue.

Today 6 months in I am still only 90% satisfied with the driving position. Now that others are also facing this issue regardless of height, I think this can clearly be mentioned as a clear negative for the Tiguan.
Also, I wonder if more the adjustments in electric seats the more difficult it becomes to find a driving position?
Old 1st April 2024, 10:34   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Also, I wonder if more the adjustments in electric seats the more difficult it becomes to find a driving position?
More adjustments won't hurt but if the basic ergonomics are faulty, they may not help either.
This is the problem I have faced on Tiguan: Generally, most relaxing/comfortable position is when you set your seat low, recline the backrest by fair bit with your legs stretched out. But when you do this on Tiguan, you can't really drive well as the visibility suffers and the steering is too far away from the body. Steering also doesn't come down as much as you wish. On the other hand, you set the seat high, bring the base closer to the steering with more upright backrest, there are different problems: your back is not well supported and you need to operate the pedals with a slightly awkward ankle position/angle. Brake pedal itself is bit higher than it should be. You can try something in between these 2 extremes but that would be only balancing the compromises you need to make.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 11:55   #93
BHPian

Re: After 11 long years, we finally brought home a new car | Volkswagen Tiguan

Gosh, so many people facing the same issue, never expected it !! Did lot of analysis initially regarding this and came across this product which could help with steering reach. Even called some workshops in Bangalore to see if anyone can install these, but alas no one is aware of this.

https://spacershop.com/en/prodotto/d...swagen-tiguan/

They have lot of videos in YouTube which shows how they fit the spacer. Looks to be simple, but have to be careful with airbag and of course warranty will be affected.

In Amazon there are some generic steering spacers, but not sure of the quality
toretto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 19:01   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I was very surprised by the negligible damage. Given the loud thud I heard I figured both holding clips would be gone on either sides of the bumper with a nice bend in the middle and I'd have a claim merely 3 months into ownership.
I have experienced this with our Slavia too. One day, we were caught in slow-moving traffic, and a Bolero pickup rammed into the car, and we heard a loud thud. We were sure that the bumper had got dislodged from the clips, but we were surprised to see that there was not even a dent on the bumper. Considering that our Hyundai Santro's bumper would have been lying on the ground if the same case happened, we were genuinely amazed at the level of European engineering. Now many people say that the MQB-AO-IN cars are not built like the PQ25 platform or MQB-AO cars, there are evident cost cutting and stuffs. Now, if this is the level of quality after cost-cutting, I don't know to what standards they engineer their global models.

Sorry for diverting from the topic. Let's hope that your ownership experience remains excellent and you continue to make memories together.

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th April 2024 at 23:13. Reason: Quoted post trimmed.
Mitadru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2024, 21:57   #95
Senior - BHPian

Re: After 11 long years, we finally brought home a new car | Volkswagen Tiguan

Hi Maky,

Great thread for prospective owners of Tiguan. Thanks for the hard work in keeping this thread up to date.

Few questions -

1. where did you buy the carlinkit dongle from ?
2. which brand are your 7D mats ? what was the cost ?
3. Did you get a boot mat ?

Regards,
F150

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks