Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2023, 11:31   #31
BHPian

Re: After 11 long years, we finally brought home a new car | Volkswagen Tiguan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post

During the ongoing festive period, I closed the Tiguan at 42.08L including SVP and 6th year Extended Warranty and 31k worth of accessories, with Insurance(All Cover Tata AIG) from outside. I got 1.5L for my old car and an out of pocket 40.58L in total for 2023 Volkswagen Tiguan.

Thanks for reading : )
Congratulations on your purchase! Tiguan has a solid build that is unparalleled in the price range and offers more value for money when compared to the Kodiaq/Tucson, I came very close to finalizing this before we purchased the Octavia in March 2023, following are my thoughts and observations

Tiguan positives vs Octavia

- Panoramic Sunroof
- Spacious rear seat
- Ambient lighting on rear doors
- AWD set up that never lets your front wheels lose traction on hard acceleration, this significantly improves the driving experience!
- High set seats for better ingress and egress
- Solid interiors! Octavia comes close here, but the Tiguan is better

Octavia positives vs Tiguan
- Powered passenger seats with memory
- Auto dimming ORVM for the driver
- Retractable sun blinds on the rear doors
- 2.0 TSI that is slightly more enthusiastic (possibly because of the weight advantage over the AWD set up)
- Wireless cell phone connectivity (Useless for me unless I am on an outstation trip where I need to use the maps) I always use the bluetooth streaming option as the sound quality is significantly better as compared to wireless android auto
- Fancy touch sensitive cabin lights! Significantly improves the cabin experience with a mild border being illuminated in the dark
- Configurable touch screen with an option to add the HVAC controls on the home screen, I got to know of this option post delivery! (I still hate that both these cars do not get physical HVAC controls)

Primarily what tilted the decision in favor of the Octavia for us was the nice 3 box fastback profile that just looks amazing! Also, Octavia being a dream car since my schooling days did not help Tiguan's case despite being more practical

Last edited by abaliga : 13th October 2023 at 11:34.
abaliga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 01:36   #32

Hi Congratulations! Amazing car !

Now that the Kodiaq is available in E20 compliance not sure why VW aint giving us the E20 compliant variant.
Ambi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 15:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:

After some 2.5 years of searching I finally pulled the trigger and Booked the Volkswagen Tiguan on Krishna Janmashtami, Thursday, the 7th of September. I picked Nightshade Blue as the colour. I received the vehicle on Ganpati day, Tuesday, the 19th.

It has been quite the journey, from a humble Maruti Swift bought on loan over a decade ago to an outright German CKD. I am very pleased to share our special day with you all : )
Congratulations on the Tiguan... quite an amazing post on your journey of decision making and multiple test drives.

Not surprised that you've not considered or even test drove the Citroen C5 Aircross. Citroen India has been lacking on their product, sales and marketing efforts and that shows. But I as an individual would have liked you to add the C5 Aircross to the mix, and I'd definitely be intested in your thoughts on the vehicle similar to what you've mentioned about the other ones.
streetfighter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 15:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
Congratulations on the Tiguan... quite an amazing post on your journey of decision making and multiple test drives.

Not surprised that you've not considered or even test drove the Citroen C5 Aircross. Citroen India has been lacking on their product, sales and marketing efforts and that shows. But I as an individual would have liked you to add the C5 Aircross to the mix, and I'd definitely be intested in your thoughts on the vehicle similar to what you've mentioned about the other ones.
Thanks streetfighter.

I had actually considered the C5 Aircross, as you very correctly said it's the closest to the 'type' of car I eventually picked. I simply did not visit Citroen due to uncertainty of the brands long term future in our country.
Had I gone through with the test drive I'm sure I would have found very few faults with the actual vehicle itself.
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 11:29   #35
BHPian

Quote:
The Tiguan got done with PPF treatment.

Attachment 2508247
Oh man, the car looks even more fabulous after the PPF. The colour goes very well with the Tiguan
Congratulations!
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 12:21   #36
Senior - BHPian

I was invited to the Tiguan Off-Road experience arranged by Volkswagen India over the weekend at BKC, Bombay.
I did not take many pictures and only a few videos, but thought I'd share what I have with everyone here:

Location was easy to find with the provided near exact location in the created group chat. Timely slots were also created for better organisation.

After 11 long years, we finally brought home a new car | Volkswagen Tiguan-1.jpg

The man made track was a short 5 minute one, but wouldn't complain too much given the practicality limitations when doing something like this within city limits.

After 11 long years, we finally brought home a new car | Volkswagen Tiguan-2.jpg

Besides it covered most aspects of the off-road abilities of the soft roader that is the Tiguan.

After 11 long years, we finally brought home a new car | Volkswagen Tiguan-3.jpg

A short video showing the various Tiguans in action. They had about 5-6 demo cars, across about 3 dealers, so the waiting was very short for the approximate 25-30 people which were there at noon when I went. Let this also be a fine example on why not to buy dealer used demo cars!

After an explanation lap. It was time for my run. The instructor did his best to hold my camera phone while doing his job : )

The video doesn't fully capture the full tilt at one of the obstacles, where the car was completely in air on one side and another where I was staring at the sky in my rear view, really fun experience!
It's not something I would put my Tiguan through but was really great learning the limits of the car.
I came away very very impressed by the vehicles ability to tackle such extremes, I had gone expecting a very tame circuit given the AWD system. Volkswagens 4Motion is far more capable than I initially assumed.

Later on I got to meet the Mr. Ashish Gupta, Brand Director Volkswagen India. Not blanking his face out as public figure... oh and T-BHP T-Shirt represent!

After 11 long years, we finally brought home a new car | Volkswagen Tiguan-img_2821.jpg

I had a good long conversation with him regarding the current gen Tiguan and what they could have done better when it came to equipped features and tuning of the car to Indian road conditions and weather conditions. Probably I was too direct than most people as usual : )

Thoroughly enjoyed my short hour there. Hope VW considers more such events in the future.

Last edited by Axe77 : 29th October 2023 at 15:57. Reason: As requested. Minor typo.
Maky is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 07:41   #37
BHPian

Congratulations on the Tiguan !!

I am looking to buy the Tiguan and was also part of this drive experience yesterday here in Bangalore. It was a well organised and managed event.

Good that you got to meet Ashish Gupta. Did he mention when the new 2024 Tiguan will come to India ? And any news of E20 compliance for Tiguan ? Also regarding fuel do we need to run it only 95 octane ?
toretto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 17:07   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The final cost for Llumar Platinum was 1.4L for the ~230 odd Sq.Ft. that is the Tiguan.
Hi, can you share the detailer's information? Rs. 1.4L for Llumar is quite a steal I must say. I've not seen those rates anywhere in the market.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 20:54   #39

Quote:
Sharing the list of accessories I got for my new Tiguan. I did not add this in the original thread post as one of the items was on back order and just arrived the other day...
Congrats, great choice!! Brings back my memory too.
Regarding Carlinkit, do we need to manually connect every time the vehicle is started or it auto connects once the initial connection is done?

Last edited by graaja : 30th October 2023 at 21:11. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please quote only a small or relevant part of a post.
cawil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 18:10   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Hi, can you share the detailer's information? Rs. 1.4L for Llumar is quite a steal I must say. I've not seen those rates anywhere in the market.
This most likely was a price offered given an existing relationship.
You may not get the similar rate. If you're still interested I can provide his information via PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretto View Post
Congratulations on the Tiguan !!

I am looking to buy the Tiguan and was also part of this drive experience yesterday here in Bangalore. It was a well organised and managed event.

Good that you got to meet Ashish Gupta. Did he mention when the new 2024 Tiguan will come to India ? And any news of E20 compliance for Tiguan ? Also regarding fuel do we need to run it only 95 octane ?
I did not inquire about the 2024 Tiguan but I did hear some talk about them considering the new-gen Toureg for India as well, and we have all heard about the 7 seater Tayron in strong consideration for local market as well.
You can run it on 91 Octane fuel but its very strongly recommended you fill 95 Octane, something about pre-mature fuel injector corrosion over longterm 91 RON usage as the head service advisor told me during PDI before delivery. He had nothing to gain from me paying more per litre to the pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawil View Post
Congrats, great choice!! Brings back my memory too.
Regarding Carlinkit, do we need to manually connect every time the vehicle is started or it auto connects once the initial connection is done?
Nope. Carlinkit reconnects automatically once initial pairing is done.
Also, during reconnection process after car start there is a screen where you can manually force a connection to the paired device incase it doesn't automatically reconnect. I've had to do this once over the past month.
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 18:43   #41
BHPian

Quote:
I did not inquire about the 2024 Tiguan but I did hear some talk about them considering the new-gen Toureg for India as well, and we have all heard about the 7 seater Tayron in strong consideration for local market as well.
You can run it on 91 Octane fuel but its very strongly recommended you fill 95 Octane, something about pre-mature fuel injector corrosion over longterm 91 RON usage as the head service advisor told me during PDI before delivery. He had nothing to gain from me paying more per litre to the pump.
Thanks for the response. I also heard about Toureg which they are planning to bring as CBU with ex-showroom price around 60 lakhs.
Regarding fuel, so I think better to fill only 95 octane
Any news about E20 compliance?
toretto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 19:39   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the response. I also heard about Toureg which they are planning to bring as CBU with ex-showroom price around 60 lakhs.
Regarding fuel, so I think better to fill only 95 octane
Absolutely.
Besides possible longterm issues, the vehicle has a minimum 95 RON requirement mentioned explicitly. As I recall the engine will de-tune itself if it senses lesser quality fuel and similarly you will get 'as advertised' performance if you put the correct quality of fuel, or so I was told.
Now from a cost perspective, regular 91 Octane I think is 106/L and XP95 about 113/L, or about 7/- Rs. more per Litre it's a no brainer. XP100 on the other hand is something to reconsider at 160/L, at Bombay prices anyways.

Quote:
Any news about E20 compliance?
Just the usual chatter. Some saying after the leaked picture of the e20 Kodiaqthat is set to be rolled out there will be changes made to Tiguan production as well. Nothing official of course.
Old 6th November 2023, 08:28   #43

Quote:
Nope. Carlinkit reconnects automatically once initial pairing is done.
Also, during reconnection process after car start there is a screen where you can manually force a connection to the paired device incase it doesn't automatically reconnect. I've had to do this once over the past month.
I'm facing issue with Carlinkit during initial setup, for some reason after pairing I'm unable to connect, tried all options given in Carlinkit TS guide, no luck yet. Have you faced any challenge during inital setup?
Old 8th November 2023, 09:45   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawil View Post
I'm facing issue with Carlinkit during initial setup, for some reason after pairing I'm unable to connect, tried all options given in Carlinkit TS guide, no luck yet. Have you faced any challenge during inital setup?
None at all initially, then there came a firmware update and I had this issue of not being able to reconnect and wouldn't get past. I ran the update(month ago) and I've had no issues since then. Please check for a firmware update.

Also, is yours a factory Wired Carplay/Auto unit? or something like Pioneer or Alpine after-market HU?. The Carlinkit is advertised strictly for use with 'from factory' Wired Carplay/Android Auto units.
Old 8th November 2023, 10:29   #45

Quote:
None at all initially, then there came a firmware update and I had this issue of not being able to reconnect and wouldn't get past. I ran the update(month ago) and I've had no issues since then. Please check for a firmware update.

Also, is yours a factory Wired Carplay/Auto unit? or something like Pioneer or Alpine after-market HU?. The Carlinkit is advertised strictly for use with 'from factory' Wired Carplay/Android Auto units.
Thanks!! It's Tiguan too, was confident seeing your post. Anyways have asked for a replacement, will keep you posted.
cawil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks