Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2023, 23:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!

As a car enthusiast, once in a lifetime there comes a machine that just sweeps you off your feet. A car that gives you your YOLO moment. A car that you just want. And I found mine in this:

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-ldexport9ad5f10a09052023.jpg

This is my 2023 Everest White Mahindra Thar 4x4 petrol AT Hard top. I call it the 'White Hulk'

Read on...
Dippy is online now   (58) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 00:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!

Flashback:

I experienced the Thar for the first time in 2016 when I was invited to the Mahindra Adventure off-road academy to do their advanced off-roading course. So my first drive of the Thar was literally in its natural habitat. During the course, I drove it through slush, mud, ruts, water and everything nature could throw at it. And this was the first gen model.

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_20160724_125615.jpg

Two days and I was smitten. I came back home and tweeted to Anand Mahindra asking for an AT variant to be made. Well an AT never made it to the first gen Thar but we all know what happened later in the 2020 new Thar. Was it my tweet effect? I don't know.

After that in 2018 I went for the Mahindra Spiti Escape and my steed for the 10 day expedition was the first gen facelift Thar. It was a brand new car that was driven from Mumbai to Chandigarh for the start of the expedition. It even had the seat plastics on along with the new car smell. And thankfully they had fitted a Bluetooth head unit with speakers . That trip gave me a chance to know the Thar even better. Drove it through all kinds of terrain including driving through a flowing river and made some fantastic memories. This trip left a lasting impact on me.

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_20180912_145714651.jpg

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_20180912_174829112.jpg

The 2020 Thar:

Come 2020 and after loads of spy shots and teasers, Mahindra finally unveiled the 2nd gen Thar on 15th August 2020. On the same day a Freedom drive was organised for the media and I got a chance to sample the new Thar. The variant I drove was a diesel automatic HT:

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-thar.jpeg

10 minutes into the drive and that was the moment. Me and my brother decided we just had to get one whenever the time comes. After that day, drove the media Thars whenever I got the chance. From the diesel to petrol, from MT to AT, hard top and the convertible.

My head would turn every time I would see one the road.

But when would I get my own?

Last edited by Dippy : 6th September 2023 at 15:43.
Dippy is online now   (31) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 00:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!

While I ideally wanted to buy the Thar in 2022, considering it was a good two years after launch, my plans were put on hold as we decided to move to a new home. The second half of 2022 and early 2023 went in house hunting which in itself is a huge task.

We finally moved into our new home in April 2023.

Buying decision:

A couple of months after settling into our home, the Thar buying thought was brought up by my brother. We kind of decided that it was a good time to buy. Choosing the variant was a no brainer. We decided on the petrol AT 4x4 hard top. As for the colour we both agreed on the Everest White. It was a new colour and I thought the Thar looked smashing in white. While that shade was launched in the RWD, it trickled down to the 4x4 soon enough. I loved the Rocky Beige which was offered at launch but sadly that got discontinued. Black and red were too common and the rest didnt really do it for me. So white it was.

After the decision, the next thing to do was to sell the Civic. I wouldn't have sold it if I had an extra parking space. I put up an ad in the classifieds and found a genuine buyer in a week's time. A navy officer, not a petrolhead but someone who would care for the car. I am happy I got a good price for the Civic as I had kept it in pristine condition. Buyer and seller did a happy handshake. The Civic went to its new owner on 28th June 2023.

A picture of the Civic:

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_8131-2.jpg

Booking & delivery:

I booked the Thar on 17th June at NBS Kandivali (Mahindra's own dealership). I booked the car via a dear friend who is a DSA and has a firm of his own. While I booked the car at the Kandivali, I requested for delivery from the Chowpatty showroom in South Mumbai as that would be closer to home.

At the time of booking, black, red and other colours in 4x4 were available for ready delivery. For my white car I was given an estimate of 2 months. New colour and white was produced less is what I heard. Still Mahindra produced my Thar rather quickly and it was ready for delivery 2 weeks after booking. I got fresh July 2023 production car (verified the VIN). A few days went in sorting the finance and getting a choice number and my Thar was finally ready for delivery on 28th July:

Reached the showroom at 5 pm. Completed the formalities and the usual delivery celebrations happened. Cake cutting et al. The pooja was done by my mother and we got her to accept the key as well. The owner's manual, warranty booklet and the second set of keys were handed over to us in a neat folder and we also got a goody bag of Mahindra merchandise.

The entire purchase was super smooth. A big shout out to NBS and my friend for a smooth purchase experience. No accessories were forced upon for purchase, but I took the extended warranty. My Thar is a 5 year warranty coverage in total. However I do wish they offer more. Maybe they will in due course.

One of their driver's got the car out of the showroom. The NBS Chowpatty showroom is not the most spacious. Went to the near by petrol pump and filled up its first full tank, post which we drove home. The feeling was still sinking in that we finally got our own Thar.

A couple of pictures from delivery:

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9338.jpg

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9342.jpg

At home post delivery joining the Polo GT in the garage:

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9370.jpg

Last edited by Dippy : 6th September 2023 at 17:35.
Dippy is online now   (48) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 11:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Modifications:

There no end to how much you can modify and customize a Thar. Apart from mod potential, there is so much stuff available out there to make your Thar have its own identity.

How can I buy a Thar and not mod it?

From the day of booking till the day of delivery, I went through lots of photos, catalogues etc looking for the perfect addons for my Thar.

Narrowed down on Futurz 4x4 based in Andheri, Mumbai and they promptly sent me a Bimbra catalog on Whatsapp. After checking it out, me and my brother visited their store and workshop to finalize my parts.

Have to give a special mention to Ashish of Futurz 4x4 who was exceptionally helpful in helping me decide what I want to fit. After sitting together for a couple of hours, this is what I finalised on:
  1. White 7 slot Wrangler grille.
  2. Bumper Model O that comes with radiator protection.
  3. Door hinge steps.
  4. Auxillary lights mounted on the bonnet.
  5. Headlamps with Ring DRLs and indictors
  6. Long antenna.
  7. Hydraulic struts for the bonnet.
  8. Fuel tank protector.
  9. Dead pedal.
  10. Centre console padding.
  11. Front centre armrest
  12. Rear armrests with cup holders.

Everything was in stock except the grille which took a week to come. I was in no hurry since my car was yet to be delivered.

Once I got my delivery date of Friday 28th July, I told Ashish that I would come for the fitting on Saturday morning 29th July. Ashish told me to bring the car in at 10 am so that his team could start working.

I reached Andheri at 9.50 and true to his word, Ashish promptly took the car in and the work began at 10 am sharp. Me and my brother decided to spend the day there watching the work being done.

Aren't we all car guys like that only?

Ashish's team surely know their job and the way they quickly went about the fitting shows their professionalism.

The entire fitting process was completed by 4.30 pm and I was out from the workshop at 5 pm after settling the payments.

Its a difference of night and day what the correct accessories can do to the Thar. I went for a combination of aesthetics and function and Im very happy with the result.

I'm currently sticking with the stock MRF Wanderer AT tyres and the stock alloy wheels.

Some pictures from fitment day and the mods done:

Work in progress:

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9379.jpg

Front arm rest. Does interfere with the cup holders and hand brake:

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_0539.jpg

Rear arm rest. Very hand space to keep your phone. Gets cup holders as well. Gets USB ports but I didn't connect the wiring:

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-ldexport85f7803809052023.jpg

The hydraulic struts inside the bonnet. Very useful this. Will recommend to my fellow Thar owners:

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9380.jpg

The long antenna. Just looks so cool and adds more character:

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-ldexport13f0243e09052023.jpg

Auxiliary lights: (They get both yellow fog and white LED function):

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-ldexport28d971b509052023.jpg

Front bumper and grille. Its when you fit the new grille does it hit you totally how bad the stock grille looks:

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-ldexport11fd947509052023.jpg

The headlight: (Note the circular DRL)

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-ldexportfb927a0309052023.jpg

Door hinge step:

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-ldexportb4e72b4f09052023.jpg

Dead pedal. Something that Mahindra should have given in the first place:

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-ldexport378e73f409052023.jpg

Proman grab handles. Excellent quality. No drilling. Gets a bottle opener too.

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-ldexporta7a9c42b09052023.jpg

Apart from the above, I got the my Thar debadged. But I replaced the stock 4x4 logo with a custom made one. Additionally I got the Thar logo painted in matt black

Pics:

Custom 4x4 logo:

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-ldexport3c27f17409052023.jpg

Matte black Thar logo:

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-ldexport4ff24e3509052023.jpg

Last edited by Dippy : 6th September 2023 at 17:39.
Dippy is online now   (52) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 13:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Initial impressions:

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-ldexportecc2291b09052023.jpg

A lot has already been said about the Thar in various ownership reviews on the forum. I won't get into too many repetitive details but will pen down my initial thoughts and observations.

Currently, my Thar is just over month old and has clocked 2700 kms on the odo.

What I like:
  1. The Thar makes me smile every time I drive it. You just end up looking for excuses to drive it. It's a car that touches your soul.
  2. Immense street presence. It always stands out anywhere in traffic. Everyone from a kid to a senior citizen glances at it at least once when you drive by. There is a different kick you get while driving into a 5 star hotel lobby in a Thar, rather than in a luxury car. You do end up being the centre of attention.
  3. Feels built solid giving an indestructible feeling. I love the driving position that makes me tower above everything on the road. No one cuts you off or dares to come in your way.
  4. It just flies over bad roads. You don't need to slow down for anything. If at all, it's the other cars that make you hit brakes because they slow down for the broken road surfaces.
  5. Functional interiors. Good quality overall. I like the fact that it has just the right amount of creature comforts. Being an old school guy, that works for me.
  6. Large ORVMs offer good visibility. Extremely important as I use only my mirrors while reversing.
  7. Excellent engine and gearbox combo. The Aisin 6 speed AT is beautifully mated to the mStallion engine.
  8. The manual AC is fantastic. Never needed to use it above level one at any given point.
  9. Touchscreen is basic but functional. Easy to use. Nice stuff like the off-road stats etc.
  10. I'm satisfied with the audio quality. Works just fine. Maybe I will upgrade the speakers at a later time.
  11. I like the seat fabric. The seats are comfortable and my family agrees. The reclining back rest in the rear makes things nicer as well. Legroom is good too once you are settled in.

What I don't like:
  1. Bumpy ride. Enough said. It's a Thar thing. But truth be told, I have made peace with it. Ive realized that once you drive the Thar regularly you kind of just adapt to it.
  2. I wish the cavity to get into the rear of the Thar would have been bigger. I am an ex-Tata Sierra owner, (Long Term Review : 1994 Tata Sierra) so I am not new to owning a three door vehicle. Getting into the Sierra was definitely easier.
  3. No rear wiper. Big omission. No electric folding function for the ORVMs is also a miss.
  4. My car gets only one USB post. The earlier models had two.
  5. The IRVM is just ok. I will be fitting a dashcam integrated IRVM soon. That should sort things.
  6. Wide turning circle. Takes quite a bit to execute those U-turns in tight spaces.
  7. I don't trust the DTE. At one time it fell to 45 km even when my tank was 3/4 full. It sorted itself out the next day eventually.
  8. The key inside the alarm has a mind of its own. Sometimes it beeps, sometimes it doesn't.

Driving the Thar mStallion petrol AT:

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9402.jpg

My Thar comes with the 2.0 litre turbo petrol engine from the mStallion family. It puts out 150 horses and 320Nm of torque. What I instantly love is the refinement of this motor. Acceleration is pretty quick and that 6 speed torque converter automatic gearbox feels like a match made in heaven. Shifts from the gearbox are super smooth and that makes for an great driving experience. One thing is that the tranny downshifts urgently when you slow down or brake. Just catches you unaware at times.

My Thar is now my daily driver and it does 60 kms every day from my home in Sewri to Thane and back in moderate traffic conditions. My driving speeds range from 65 to 70 kph. These are just the right speeds to drive the Thar at. The engine hums along nicely and its makes for a relaxed drive. The sudden undulations in the roads unsettle it quite a bit and more so the steering also tends to move. This can be dangerous at very high speeds, so its best to drive at speeds upto 100 kph if you are on an open road.

While I haven't taken it on the highway myself, my brother did two trips to Chakan and he was happy to report that the Thar drives well on the highway as long as you keep the speeds under control. He did a consistent 90 to 100 kph on those trips. Body roll is prominent so the ghat turns were taken at much lower speeds. But he was impressed with the way it chugged on the miles without a bother. I am definitely looking forward to road trips with this car.

Driving in the city is pretty much s piece of cake. The hydraulic power steering is on the heavier side but I like it that way. I manage to turn easily with one hand but as I mentioned above, taking u-turns takes more effort than usual. Still, the sub 4 metre length makes it easy to manouver in traffic. Apart from that, everyone gives way to you wherever you go and no one dares to cut you off. Took sometime to get used to it but now I know I have to stand my ground and let the other guy decide what he wants to do.

Not having a reverse camera is sort of a bother but right now I'm ok with using my mirrors and the parking sensors for now. Will get a dashcam based IRVM soon All I keep in mind is that I have a spare tyre on the tail gate.

Fuel efficiency:

As of now I am following the tank full method (first cut off) and my petrol Thar is consistently returning between 8.9 to 9.1 kmpl. As I mentioned earlier, I drive my Thar everyday 6 days of the week. I do take the Polo GT sometimes or a media car that has come in for testing. Currently I'm pretty satisfied with this figure. It may not be the best but the smiles per km it bring on my face is priceless. I am a light footed driving so waiting to see when and if I can breach the double digit kmpl figure

First service:

Got the first service done at the 1000 km mark. Booked an appointment at NBS Sewri on the With You Hamesha app.NBS Sewri is just a km away from my new home making it very convenient. The staff has been very courteous and helpful. I had infact visited the service centre once before my car got delivered just to see the set up and space.

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-app.png

What essentially was just general check up and wash, I was out of there in less than two hours. Would have got out earlier had not been a long line for the washing bit. The next service is at 10000km or a year.

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9859.jpg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd December 2023 at 07:59. Reason: Minor typo
Dippy is online now   (38) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 15:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Some misc pics:

Couple of rear shots. I'm happy with the white and black theme:

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-ldexportb459b5dd09052023.jpg

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-ldexporta2adba2c09052023.jpg

Side profile. The SWB design is timeless. Just like the Porsche 911 & VW Beetle:

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_0550.jpg

Interiors feel solidly built. Love the grip of the steering. Also the buttons on the centre console are of a different design than the earlier Thars:

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-ldexport3383c42a09052023.jpg

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-ldexport5c05853709052023.jpg

Rubi Kaun?

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-ldexport6273747309052023.jpg

Totally love this driving position towering above the rest:

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-ldexportee444d2009052023.jpg

Summary:

At nearly 3000 km in just over a month, this is the most Ive driven a new car after having bought it. That's what the Thar does to you. This is the second SUV that I have owned after the erstwhile Tata Sierra and my first ever 4x4 that I have owned.

I had manifested buy the Thar exactly 3 years ago on the day it was revealed and today I am super happy that I have one standing in my garage. I am glad that I use it as a daily and not just a weekend drive. The YOLO moment doesn't come often and thankfully I grabbed mine.

Im looking forward to doing many road trips with the Thar out of which one on the bucket list is doing the Ladakh circuit from Mumbai. I have done Ladakh & Spiti before but doing it in your own SUV is a different thing altogether. Not to mention I'm equally excited to take it on off-road excursions as well.

Here's to making many memories in the years to to come. It is indeed a very very special car.

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-ldexportf3c0056809052023.jpg

My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-ldexportc0d7c17c09062023.jpg

Signing off.

Last edited by Dippy : 6th September 2023 at 17:47.
Dippy is online now   (90) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 05:13   #7
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 07:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
As a car enthusiast, once in a lifetime there comes a machine that just sweeps you off your feet. A car that gives you your YOLO moment. A car that you just want. And I found mine in this:

Attachment 2499711

This is my 2023 Everest White Mahindra Thar 4x4 petrol AT Hard top. I call it the 'White Hulk'

Read on...
Welcome to the Thar. Its much more suitable for us than any Car. Well done with the colour choice. It does look lovely in White and Black. That mod of yours, the hydraulic bonnet struts. Thats indeed a very smart functional mod and I am most certainly going to figure where I can get this done here in Bangalore. Thanks for sharing this. Didnt even know it was an option in the aftermarket! These hydraulic struts are handy for sure because it is true that most normal people will find that the Thar Bonnet is heavy. These struts are there on my other car and it works well. All the best on your many journeys with your Thar!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 7th September 2023 at 07:24.
shankar.balan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 07:44   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Welcome to the Thar. Its much more suitable for us than any Car. Well done with the colour choice. It does look lovely in White and Black. That mod of yours, the hydraulic bonnet struts. Thats indeed a very smart functional mod and I am most certainly going to figure where I can get this done here in Bangalore. Thanks for sharing this. Didnt even know it was an option in the aftermarket! These hydraulic struts are handy for sure because it is true that most normal people will find that the Thar Bonnet is heavy. These struts are there on my other car and it works well. All the best on your many journeys with your Thar!
Thank you for the wishes Shankar.

Yes, the hydraulic struts make things very easy for handling the bonnet. They are listed in the Bimbra catalogue for the Thar and cost between 3.5 to 4k for the set if I remember correctly. so I'm sure you will get them in Bangalore. Its quite an easy fix as well.
Dippy is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 07:57   #10
BHPian

Congratulations Dippy! It was raining 4x4s in the group. Good that you got an unusual color like me. There's too much crowd of blacks on road

I am curious about that hydraulic strut for the bonnet. Is it available for the Scorpio N as well? That bonnet on mine weighs a ton almost!
Dodge_Viper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 08:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on Thar, Everest white looks fantastic on Thar. Got to see one(4x2) recently and has amazing road presence.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 09:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Congratulations Dippy! It was raining 4x4s in the group. Good that you got an unusual color like me. There's too much crowd of blacks on road

I am curious about that hydraulic strut for the bonnet. Is it available for the Scorpio N as well? That bonnet on mine weighs a ton almost!
I think they should be available. You can get it touch with Futurz 4x4. They should be able to help you. They do accessories for all SUVs and pickups

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Congratulations on Thar, Everest white looks fantastic on Thar. Got to see one(4x2) recently and has amazing road presence.
Thank you. I was waiting with baited breath to see if the white came in 4x4 because initially it was offered on in 4x2. Thankfully it came. My earlier preference was the Rocky Beige that got discontinued.

If the white didn't come, I would have ended up with a black as well
Dippy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 09:42   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Dippy! Had bumped into you at Colaba and the pride of Thar ownership on your face was all too visible. This is indeed a special car...one whose appeal transcends beyond the usual limitations other cars suffer from. Your buying a Jeep is proof enough of that as you have always been a fast sedan or fast hatchback kind of guy.

This one's a keeper, enjoy your Thar for the next 8 - 10 years with loads of special road-trips. The white looks fab and has awesome mod potential (black rims etc.).

Just wish you'd gone the convertible route too . Trust me, it's super easy to live with, and super easy to open / close. But no security when parked.

Please share a video of the hydraulic bonnet struts and your opinion on their quality. I'll get them too.

Sharing a pic of when our Thars met:
My 2023 Mahindra Thar 4x4 Petrol AT Hard-Top Ownership Review | The White Hulk | EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20230730-09.59.25.jpg
GTO is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 09:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congrats Dippy! Had bumped into you at Colaba and the pride of Thar ownership on your face was all too visible. This is indeed a special car...one whose appeal transcends beyond the usual limitations other cars suffer from. Your buying a Jeep is proof enough of that as you have always been a fast sedan or fast hatchback kind of guy.

This one's a keeper, enjoy your Thar for the next 8 - 10 years with loads of special road-trips. The white looks fab and has awesome mod potential (black rims etc.).

Just wish you'd gone the convertible route too . Trust me, it's super easy to live with, and super easy to open / close. But no security when parked.

Please share a video of the hydraulic bonnet struts and your opinion on their quality. I'll get them too.
Haha yes. We met just 2 days after I took delivery and I was already done with the mods.

While I agree with the fun factor of the convertible, the hard top just made it more practical and Mom and Dad had the thumbs up for the hard top as well.

Will share a video of the hydraulic struts soon.
Dippy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 10:10   #15
BHPian

That's a lovely color there. I thought the most common upgrade is the suspension upgrade which makes the ride more livable, you have any plans for the same? That hydraulic strut seems to be a hit with all.... even I am keen on it for my Jeep Compass which is seriously heavy. BTW do you have any issue with the RTO there for having such auxiliary lights? Here in Kerala, they can charge you for that (and perhaps even modifying the bumper I guess)

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 7th September 2023 at 10:11.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks