Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2023, 07:01   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2023 Audi Q3 Ownership Review | 2.0L Turbo-Petrol Quattro

Yummy looks! Cannot recollect when I’ve seen a white Q3 even in last generation. Looks good I must say; congratulations to you and your family!

From a connected car point of view, just get the Audi Connect dongle or any OBD tracker. Works equally well.

Last edited by itwasntme : 12th October 2023 at 07:03.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 09:37   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
From a connected car point of view, just get the Audi Connect dongle or any OBD tracker. Works equally well.
The Dealership delivered it with the dongle fitted and configured with Audi Connect App. The App is very non intrusive yet informative. So, it is all good
biplab3110 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 14:06   #33
BHPian

Detailing done.
2023 Audi Q3 Ownership Review | 2.0L Turbo-Petrol Quattro-20231013_112049.jpg
biplab3110 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 16:34   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
The Dealership delivered it with the dongle fitted and configured with Audi Connect App. The App is very non intrusive yet informative. So, it is all good
I was not aware of the dongle at the time of purchase as no one mentioned this and I had no idea to ask for it. A month later someone else from Audi called to tell me to bring the car to workshop for installation. Surprised I called back my SA as to what this is about, with the SA asking me, so no one told you about this? Anyway got it installed at the service centre where I saw the box in which this thing arrived, with a price tag of ~23k. I would probably take a cash back for the same if there was an option though it feels slightly cool to have a somewhat connected car at least for name’s sake if someone asks for an already featureless PP version!
More importantly, beware that some scammers are out there to fleece you post the purchase btw. After a few weeks I got a call again with someone saying they are calling from Audi and lifetime RSA card is ready which they can send home at my convenience. I was surprised as I thought my car has 5 year RSA. They said yes that is why there is a nominal charge of around 4K for this extension. I again called back my SA who said there is no such offer from Audi. He called back after a while that a few of his other customers also received this offer and this data is likely getting leaked from the RTO!
Lux_Noob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 14:50   #35
BHPian

Back from the first somewhat long drive to Lonavala and Amby Valley. The ODO reads 499km. Here are the first impressions:
• The first thing that comes to my mind is the reassuring feeling of the AWD. Be it on the long curves of the expressway, or the sharp hairpin bends towards Amby Valley, the Q3 seemed to be hugging the road. No screams, no squeals, but a very composed drive up the slopes and turns. Having driven FWDs all along, I could immediately make out the difference.
• My drives were with two or three people in the back seat. Everyone praised the suspension setup. The independent four link suspensions kept the people in backseat in reasonable comfort.
• On the way up, the car retuned an average of 11.8kmpl over a little more than 100km, with four people in the cabin and a somewhat full boot. On the way down, it returned 13.8kmpl with five people in the cabin and packed full boot. I don’t know if XP95 that I filled up on the expressway, made a difference.
• NVH levels were very good. The Perelli Scorpion Verde tyres are reasonably silent. The engine, road and wind noise were low enough to have chit chats in a normal voice all along.
• Had to try really hard not to exceed the speed limit of 100kmph. The acceleration is so smooth, you don’t even feel that the car has reached triple digit speeds. The audible ding kept on reminding me whenever I exceeded 80kmph.
• Couldn’t control myself on a straight stretch of road and touched 132 kmph. No one in the car felt the speed.
• Out of habit, I kept putting the car on N whenever I stopped (SOP for Seltos DCT).

I wish the Q3 had……
• Seat memory. Every time I had to ask people not to adjust the seating.
• Auto Hold. Felt the need every time I stopped at traffic.
• Charging points in the rear seat – I don’t know why AUDI did such penny pinching in the Indian version.

**There is a faint yet irritating squeaking noise coming from the passenger seat. Need to get the car to a service center. I hope there is an easy fix to this.

Here a few shots:
2023 Audi Q3 Ownership Review | 2.0L Turbo-Petrol Quattro-20231015_070358.jpg
2023 Audi Q3 Ownership Review | 2.0L Turbo-Petrol Quattro-20231015_070337.jpg
biplab3110 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 23:40   #36

Quote:
THIS IS AN SOS POST

1. Since EVs are much heavier than ICE cars, EV tyres are a lot stiffer than regular tyres. While this makes the handling very sharp, it will also make the ride stiffer in a regular car.
This makes a lot of sense. When i got my Q3, the thing that bothered me the most was hard ride setup as compared to the test drive vehicle. I had driven two TD vehicles multiple times, both had much softer ride quality, and it was an important factor leading to the buying decision. They had Michelin Primacy 4 on them. I have got the Hankook Ventus S1 evo 3 with the EV marking. I also checked in case it comes fitted with and the dealer forgot to remove the suspension blocks during PDI.

Now that you have rekindled the want for a comfortable ride, i will have to inquire about the cost to get it changed from a local tyre dealer as i have around 2100 Kms on them.

2023 Audi Q3 Ownership Review | 2.0L Turbo-Petrol Quattro-img_8247.jpg

Left is the test drive vehicle and right one is mine.

Quote:
Accessories – The car came kitted with carpet floor mats and a cargo net in the boot. I added all weather mats, mud flaps, a boot liner and, YES, sports pedals!! 4 years with the Seltos GTX and couldn’t imagine the Q3 without sports pedals.
Attachment 2514561
As i see the accelerator pedal is fitted upside down, same thing happened with me. Despite of showing the dealer the image from the accessories brochure, dealer was adamant that they had fitted it correctly and it can't be fitted the other way and cited the curvature of the pedal being the reason.

All i did was to pull out the pedal from one side and refitted it correctly. It fits like a smartphone case on the original pedal. It can be done manually without any tools or help in case you plan to do it.

2023 Audi Q3 Ownership Review | 2.0L Turbo-Petrol Quattro-img_8248.jpg

From left to right,
1. Image from myAudi Connect app from accessories section,
2. How the dealer fitted, and
3. After manual correction.

Congratulations to you and your family!
mySpareTyre is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 07:56   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Now that you have rekindled the want for a comfortable ride, i will have to inquire about the cost to get it changed from a local tyre dealer as i have around 2100 Kms on them.
I was also working on a fallback option in case Audi / Dealer was unwilling to change the tyres. I was planning to take the car to a reputed tyre dealer in Thane immediately after delivery. They were willing to pay 10K per tyre for the EV tyres. I was getting Continental Sportcontact 5 for 17K/tyre, Pirelli scorpion Verde for 7.4k/tyre.
biplab3110 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 22:25   #38
BHPian

Quote:
I was getting Continental Sportcontact 5 for 17K/tyre, Pirelli scorpion Verde for 7.4k/tyre.
Correction of typo - Pirelli Scorpion Verde was for 17.4K/tyre.
Old 26th October 2023, 08:28   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Detailing done.
Attachment 2516922
Congratulations on the buy. What a looker! One of the best looking in the segment and my all time favourite. Enjoy the drives
gauravdgr8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 11:40   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya9567 View Post

The interior is where the majority of the difference is between the trim levels. On the face of it, it appears as though the Premium Plus misses essential features but dig deeper and you’ll find that Audi’s Physical Fitness and Back to Basics Pack actually provide more value in the long run.
  • Wrist exercise through the usage of old school insert and turn key to start the vehicle. This is well complemented by the lack of any lights around the key ring to hone your night time vision.
  • No electric tailgate - opening and closing it trains the lat muscles.
  • Phone cooling feature – there’s no dedicated cooling provided but the phone is artificially cooled through the lack of wireless charging.
  • Audi has figured out the right way to spell aluminium / aluminum which is to completely eliminate the requirement of the word by removing trims from the interior. Can’t spell a word wrong if you don’t have to use it.
  • Single colour ambient lighting – Colour can distract people while driving and hence only white is provided.
  • The quattro badge doesn’t light up like in the Technology variant. This is a subliminal message reinforcing that it is a passive AWD and the car cannot be taken everywhere.
  • Inbuilt navigation is skipped because well, who uses it anyway.
  • The digital screen has fixed dials to remind you of the golden age with only the center portion changing as per requirement.
  • Audi acknowledges that drive modes in normal cars barely make any difference between modes by removing them altogether.

Luckily some of these value add features are provided in the Technology variant too.
  • Lack of ventilated seats allowing you to sweat out your toxins from your back while keeping your face cool eliminating the need to go to a sauna.
  • Bad knees are a common problem these days and hence Audi eliminated the auto hold function to ensure your leg isn’t stationary for too long in Bangalore traffic.
  • No 360 degree camera and blind spot enabling you to exercise your hip muscles.
  • Driver assistance would just reduce attentiveness levels, something which is a primary concern especially with the younger generation today.
  • Lack of memory seats subconsciously improve your memory.
Was searching for some Q3 ownership reviews and this one popped up.

Congratulations aditya9567!! Wishing you miles and miles of happiness with this beauty.

Loved the humour in your post, hence added some quoted text.
TSI_Exhaust is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks