Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2023, 21:20   #31
BHPian

Re: My Dad's Skoda Slavia 1.5L DSG Ownership Review | A tale of car buying

Superb Review Kiddo , simply amazing how well you have reviewed the Slavia.

I'm almost thrice your age and I wouldn't even dream of compiling such a well written review. I wholeheartedly look forward to seeing your updates to this thread
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 21:30   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptarchy View Post
Absolutely amazing read, you got me to read the complete review. It reads like it is written by a professional writer. Coming to the car, it looks absolutely gorgeous, from the outside it looks much more expensive than it is.
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
Superb Review Kiddo , simply amazing how well you have reviewed the Slavia.

I'm almost thrice your age and I wouldn't even dream of compiling such a well written review. I wholeheartedly look forward to seeing your updates to this thread
Thank you so much!
MotorDev is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 22:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

Boy-O-Boy!! Your writing skills are heavy my man! My writing looks so rookie

You'll surely be the future of Petrol-Heads we will see on this forum. Although, this might seem a bit OT, I had to mention it.

Did your dad not consider the Virtus? Sorry if I missed the cue in between as the fact you mentioned 14 year old put me to shame and I just forgot whatever I might have read prior to that
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 22:27   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Boy-O-Boy!! Your writing skills are heavy my man! My writing looks so rookie

Did your dad not consider the Virtus? Sorry if I missed the cue in between as the fact you mentioned 14 year old put me to shame and I just forgot whatever I might have read prior to that
Thank you so much! We went with the Slavia because my dad liked its classy look more than the sporty vibe of the Virtus.
Old 28th August 2023, 22:51   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDev View Post
[*]Placement of certain buttons and controls, like traction control, door lock/unlock, cruise control and the auto start-stop button in the Slavia, might not be very easy to use at first glance. These buttons could have been positioned in a way that's simpler and more user-friendly for drivers.

[*]While the idle start-stop system functions effectively, it can sometimes feel overly aggressive in traffic situations, leading to uncomfortable and jerky experiences. Sometimes, the auto start-stop system shuts down the engine even when the car is still in motion when approaching a rough patch or speed bump at lower speeds.

[*]Surprisingly, there's no dedicated button on the steering wheel to answer or reject phone calls. Even a Wagon-R has this feature, which makes its absence in the Slavia quite unexpected.[/list]
Hi MotorDev, firstly congratulations on the car! As a fellow Slavia buyer, I totally completely with your points and am glad to see the detailed the observations you made. As they say, you are “simply clever”..

The placement of buttons, yes, could’ve been better. The start/stop function, as you rightly mentioned, is quite frustrating to use in the city, and isn’t the best placed button.

I mainly wanted to point out one of your comments, about the answer/reject function on the steering wheel. This is something that I found out unintentionally, but the right side silver knurled button on the steering wheel serves that purpose. You can click the button to answer the call. Haven’t rejected a call yet using that button, so not sure. But I’m assuming that functionality is there as well. Hope this helps.

Happy travels!
jc.on.wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 23:05   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc.on.wheels View Post
Hi MotorDev, firstly congratulations on the car! As a fellow Slavia buyer, I totally completely with your points and am glad to see the detailed the observations you made. As they say, you are “simply clever”..

I mainly wanted to point out one of your comments, about the answer/reject function on the steering wheel. This is something that I found out unintentionally, but the right side silver knurled button on the steering wheel serves that purpose. You can click the button to answer the call. Haven’t rejected a call yet using that button, so not sure. But I’m assuming that functionality is there as well. Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot! I appreciate you telling me about the button on the steering wheel to answer calls. It's really handy, especially when the infotainment can be distracting.
MotorDev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 01:08   #37
BHPian

GTO and Mods this guy should be doing your official reviews soon. Mind-blowing at 14. Just choose writing as a career man you will reach heights for sure.
gck_tourer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 08:54   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gck_tourer View Post
GTO and Mods this guy should be doing your official reviews soon. Mind-blowing at 14. Just choose writing as a career man you will reach heights for sure.
Haha, thank you so much!
Old 29th August 2023, 12:28   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDev View Post
[*]Surprisingly, there's no dedicated button on the steering wheel to answer or reject phone calls. Even a Wagon-R has this feature, which makes its absence in the Slavia quite unexpected.
Kudos on the eloquent write up

Regarding the option to answer calls on the steering wheel, please try the roller/rocker on the right side of the steering wheel, one can pick a call by pressing it once on the Octavia, not sure if it will on Slavia as well, Ideally it should.

Last edited by abaliga : 29th August 2023 at 12:50.
abaliga is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 13:27   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaliga View Post
Kudos on the eloquent write up

Regarding the option to answer calls on the steering wheel, please try the roller/rocker on the right side of the steering wheel, one can pick a call by pressing it once on the Octavia, not sure if it will on Slavia as well, Ideally it should.
Thanks a lot! I'll give it a shot today.
Old 29th August 2023, 13:52   #41
BHPian

Congratulations on getting home the beauty called Slavia. Fantastic & a very detailed review . Loved reading every word of it. Gave a well-deserved full 5 stars. When I got my Slavia 1.5 it came with the DSG only in the Style variant. I guess when you got the car, the 1.5 with DSG was being offered in the Ambition trim as well. Any particular reason for getting the Style variant?
Torque123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 14:02   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Congratulations on getting home the beauty called Slavia. Fantastic & a very detailed review . Loved reading every word of it. Gave a well-deserved full 5 stars. When I got my Slavia 1.5 it came with the DSG only in the Style variant. I guess when you got the car, the 1.5 with DSG was being offered in the Ambition trim as well. Any particular reason for getting the Style variant?
Hello, Thank you so much for reading my review! The lava blue colour was only available in the Style variant. Additionally, the Ambition variant didn't come with 6 airbags, so we chose the Style variant.

Last edited by MotorDev : 29th August 2023 at 14:03.
Old 29th August 2023, 17:06   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prash1892 View Post
Off topic, this is the second Skoda car review that I am reading that is written by a teenager, the first being the excellent review of Skoda Superb by GForceEnjoyer, if I remember correctly that was also for the Lava Blue color
No surprise. Even I was drooling over the first gen Octavia when I was a teenager. I'm pretty sure there will be many others in this forum as well.
harikrishnansp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 17:26   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikrishnansp View Post
No surprise. Even I was drooling over the first gen Octavia when I was a teenager. I'm pretty sure there will be many others in this forum as well.
I'm a little late to the party, I started to get into cars only during the last year(I'm 30) and I've just started - as you eloquently put it - drooling over cars now
prash1892 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 20:17   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Very well written review MotorDev. Congratulations to you and your family on the purchase and wish you many happy miles of ownership. Make a pact with your dad that he will hand this car over to you when he decides to do the next upgrade and not sell it. Just for writing this beautiful review, you deserve that and by then the after market world would have figured out 50 different upgrades you can do on this car.

I have kept repeating this for almost 10 years now and never get tired of saying it . The VAG group TSI+DSG combination is really something wonderful. Now there are many more Turbo Petrols and efficient automatics from all manufacturers, but still this combo stands above everything else.

Wish you all the best.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks