Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2023, 21:06   #16
BHPian

Re: From dreaming to driving | Toyota Innova Hycross 2.0 Hybrid VX (O) 8S AT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Finally a review from an owner's perspective. Thanks for sharing.

Can you share some interior snaps, especially of the middle row bench seat with 3 adults sitting with seatbelts on. Similarly for rear seats with 2 and 3 people sitting there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock3001 View Post
Totally agree with you GTO. Hycross is easy to drive as compared to Crysta & thanks for cementing my decision furthermore.
Thanks @woodstock3001. Your response is much appreciated.
Your photo is helpful. How is the ingress and outgress for the 3rd row in this 8S version? Is it like Crysta or is it better?

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th July 2023 at 09:29.
KuttappanAbhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 21:26   #17
BHPian

Re: From dreaming to driving | Toyota Innova Hycross 2.0 Hybrid VX (O) 8S AT Review

Congratulations on your new ride. Toyota car irrespective of the model are meant to last a life time. Hope you will enjoy your car to the fullest extent possible. Keep on munching miles.
Kkumar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 15:18   #18
BHPian

Bit late to the party!

A very well written review and your review on the Hycross is spot on.

We just bought the Hycross VX 7S Hybrid in same colour as yours and I'm impressed with the comfort, drivability and practicality it offers.

The engine is super smooth that no one knows whether the engine is turned on or not.

Regarding black cladding, I ordered it from the dealership itself and costed ₹18k for these. The reason why I ordered from the dealership itself is the quality and workmanship.

Hopefully I'll get it installed during first service, which is due this week mostly (already did 400 Kms on the odo in 3 days).
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 15:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkumar View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. Toyota car irrespective of the model are meant to last a life time. Hope you will enjoy your car to the fullest extent possible. Keep on munching miles.
I wouldn't apply this rule to their BS6 Diesels with DPF though. It's a paradox that their most touted durability vehicle - "Hilux" is running on a BS6 Diesel engine which is prone to multiple types of failures.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 22:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuttappanAbhi View Post
How is the ingress and outgress for the 3rd row in this 8S version? Is it like Crysta or is it better?
According to me, Ingress / Outgress wise Crysta was better, as 2nd row seat in 8S version use to tumble down complete, as against in Hycross wherein you can bring the seat forward and incline in.

Refer below pic, though there is enough space to go back, however when seat tumble down completely, you can use it to support movement.
From dreaming to driving | Toyota Innova Hycross 2.0 Hybrid VX (O) 8S AT Review-3.jpg

However, i feel reason it does not tumble down completely is because of railing because of which you can slide seat front and back.

Least space, when seat slide to front
From dreaming to driving | Toyota Innova Hycross 2.0 Hybrid VX (O) 8S AT Review-2.jpg

Maximum space, when seat slided to back
From dreaming to driving | Toyota Innova Hycross 2.0 Hybrid VX (O) 8S AT Review-1.jpg

Space wise Hycross will not disappoint anyone. There's acres of space due in all rows and can be adjusted as you can slide middle bench (front & back), which i believe is not there in rest 7, or 8 seater cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkumar View Post
Thank you Kkumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Regarding black cladding, I ordered it from the dealership itself and costed ₹18k for these. The reason why I ordered from the dealership itself is the quality and workmanship.

Hopefully I'll get it installed during first service, which is due this week mostly (already did 400 Kms on the odo in 3 days).
Thank you carguys for wishes & kind words. Wish you atleast 150k miles

Just so you know, My dino has already covered 4100 kms and I'm loving it.

Regarding cladding, Even i wanted to install it via Toyota dealership but there were not ready to order it, let alone installation. Had they agreed to order, i would have installed it before delivery itself. Looking forward for pic & cladding review from you now.
woodstock3001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 20:03   #21
BHPian

Current ODO: 4475

Pleased to report car has been performing admirably. The engine is running smoothly, and I haven't noticed any unusual noises, or rattles or vibrations.

Acceleration and handling remain impressive, making both city driving and highway cruising a comfortable experience.

As per tank full to tank full method, fuel efficiency I got is 15.76 KMPL, which involves 100% AC ON, Delhi to Gurgaon office commute during peak office hours (incl. Punjabi Bagh traffic jam), taking kids to school, waiting in car with AC ON, while kids come out from School, around 100 kms highway drive & late-night drive-in City in Power mode.

This efficiency test include usage in Normal mode : 75%, ECO Mode : 15% & rest in Power mode. (Approx)

Should I be disappointed (was expecting closer to 20 KMPL) or is it in line with the majority of Hycross owners?

1000 KMPL in single fuel tank looks distance dream, however while driving on Highway in Cruise mode around 95 KMPH, I have seen upwards of 20 KMPL in speedometer, so will report once I’m able to test it out.

Car was filled at 3635
From dreaming to driving | Toyota Innova Hycross 2.0 Hybrid VX (O) 8S AT Review-1.jpg

Car was refilled at 4299
From dreaming to driving | Toyota Innova Hycross 2.0 Hybrid VX (O) 8S AT Review-2.jpg

Fuel cost / Ltrs
From dreaming to driving | Toyota Innova Hycross 2.0 Hybrid VX (O) 8S AT Review-3.jpg

Maths
Name:  kms.png
Views: 1597
Size:  16.4 KB

Onboard tech and infotainment system continue to be user-friendly and reliable, providing me with navigation, entertainment, and connectivity options that enhance my driving experience. No issues faced with Wireless Apple Car Play, as reported by other users.

Air Condition has been great & chills the cabin quickly. AC Performance has been above satisfactory. No issues reported here.

I did take the car in for its first scheduled maintenance check at 1020 kilometers (4th day after delivery), and the service was efficient. The technicians just inspected the vehicle, performed other routine checks, ensuring everything is in optimal condition, washed it and handed it back.

Bill Amount : 0

Quick question to fellow BHPians / Moderators - Car is about to cover 5k kms, is Wheel Alignment recommended at every 5k kms, or should it be at 10k kms ?

Toyota Connect app – Found is not useful, except that post service bills are available here & need not to keep a manual record.

Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with my new car's performance and its ability to meet my driving needs. I look forward to many more enjoyable kilometres on the road with this vehicle.

Last edited by woodstock3001 : 11th August 2023 at 20:10. Reason: Driving modes updated
woodstock3001 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 13:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Pleased to report car has been performing admirably. The engine is running smoothly, and I haven't noticed any unusual noises, or rattles or vibrations.

Acceleration and handling remain impressive, making both city driving and highway cruising a comfortable experience.

As per tank full to tank full method, fuel efficiency I got is 15.76 KMPL, which involves 100% AC ON, Delhi to Gurgaon office commute during peak office hours (incl. Punjabi Bagh traffic jam), taking kids to school, waiting in car with AC ON, while kids come out from School, around 100 kms highway drive & late-night drive-in City in Power mode.
This might not sound great for a Hybrid, but its a 2.0L petrol 7 seater car. 13-15KMPL is what I get in my tiny 1.2L hatchback in peak Bangalore traffic. So if I get 12-13KMPL for a Hycross, its fairly good.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 16:38   #23

Totally agree with you.
I have been using the zx(o) for about 20days now and i am extremely happy.
On late evenings with less traffic i have got 20kmpl and more. But in heavy traffic with AC on also I hardly ever got less than 12kmpl.
I think this is great for a large suv.
Also for me the Hycross ticks all the boxes be it efficiency , power , space , features or looks.
Old 21st August 2023, 17:04   #24

Any leads in Delhi (preferably south delhi) for installing a roof luggage carrier on the Hycross? If travelling out of town with even 6 passengers, then the roof rack becomes necessary!

Toyota does not offer it as an accessory. Found an option on Amazon, but not ordering online as I need installation service/assistance.

www.amazon.in/Autopearl-Luggage-Carrier-Toyota-Innova/dp/B01N9HXZA1 -- this one seems a little on the smaller side. Any one have any experience or recommendations?

Have held off from buying the Roof Rails till I've zero'ed in on a suitable carrier - not sure if it'll interfere with it's installation.

Also, absolutely hated the Rear Bumper Protector Bar that Toyota Showroom had as part of their accessories. Have some nicer black rectangular bar shaped ones on the road.
Old 22nd August 2023, 19:58   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
This might not sound great for a Hybrid, but its a 2.0L petrol 7 seater car. 13-15KMPL is what I get in my tiny 1.2L hatchback in peak Bangalore traffic. So if I get 12-13KMPL for a Hycross, its fairly good.
To be honest, 15.5 KMPL for such large vehicle is tremendous, however i was expecting between 17 to 20 KMPL for hybrid vehicle. May be i was expecting on a higher side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastTracker View Post
On late evenings with less traffic i have got 20kmpl and more. But in heavy traffic with AC on also I hardly ever got less than 12kmpl.
Yes. During less traffic hours, even i have seen upwards of 20 KMPL, however on Tank full to Tank ful, i've got 15.5 KMPL, which by no means is less, but expectation was between 17-20 KMPL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro21 View Post
Any leads in Delhi (preferably south delhi) for installing a roof luggage carrier on the Hycross? If travelling out of town with even 6 passengers, then the roof rack becomes necessary!

Also, absolutely hated the Rear Bumper Protector Bar that Toyota Showroom had as part of their accessories. Have some nicer black rectangular bar shaped ones on the road.
Since i have not yet installed Roof Carrier & Bike Protector on my hycross i cannot share my personal experience, but i think you should check either Karol bagh or Kashmere Gate Market to check maximum available options in person.

Mine is 8 Seater VXO, and if i were to go on road trip with 6 passengers, i will fold half seat of third row to accommodate luggage as my variant has sunroof & installing a roof carrier is not possible.

Furthermore, Roof Carrier shared by you (via Amazon link) certainly looks great. Quite upmarket.

Please do check Karol bagh / Kashmere gate before finalising it, however incase you want Amazon Roof carrier check local accessory shop and they will be happy to install it provided you pay them installation charges.

For Bike Protector, will recommend below one, shared by BHPian "gladiatort1000" in Hycross review forum & feel this one is solid. He did mention - This is made of metal and connects to the chassis and is quite sturdy. It can definitely protect against minor mishaps.. If i were to decide on Rear bike protector, i will certainly go for this one and again same should be available in Kashmere Gate / Karol bagh market.

From dreaming to driving | Toyota Innova Hycross 2.0 Hybrid VX (O) 8S AT Review-rear-bike-protector1.jpg
woodstock3001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 20:13   #26
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car!

A great choice if you ask me, but I feel bad that you couldn't get a Crysta Automatic.

When we booked a white manual GX in May 2022, we got a Grey GX Automatic because Toyota halted production!

However, it looks like your HyCross is doing well and munching up the miles(or kilometers).

Wishing you more happy journeys with your car!
Old 25th August 2023, 20:13   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav07 View Post
Congratulations on your new car!

A great choice if you ask me, but I feel bad that you couldn't get a Crysta Automatic.

When we booked a white manual GX in May 2022, we got a Grey GX Automatic because Toyota halted production!

However, it looks like your HyCross is doing well and munching up the miles(or kilometers).

Wishing you more happy journeys with your car!
Thank you Raghav for kind words.

Crysta & Hycross both are quite different and have their own pros & cons. You get some & loose some with all cars. However, Crysta still remains amongst top pick.

Congratulations on your Grey Auto GX Crysta. Wish you happy 150k kms
Old 26th August 2023, 22:18   #28
BHPian

Quote:
To be honest, 15.5 KMPL for such large vehicle is tremendous, however i was expecting between 17 to 20 KMPL for hybrid vehicle. May be i was expecting on a higher side.

Attachment 2493819
Yes, I think your expectations were a bit too optimistic. 15.5kmpl is super. The much lighter hyryder comes in at 20kmpl - don't think it's reasonable to expect this from an innova.
Fiero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 10:53   #29

Quote:

This efficiency test include usage in Normal mode : 75%, ECO Mode : 15% & rest in Power mode. (Approx)

Should I be disappointed (was expecting closer to 20 KMPL) or is it in line with the majority of Hycross owners?

1000 KMPL in single fuel tank looks distance dream, however while driving on Highway in Cruise mode around 95 KMPH, I have seen upwards of 20 KMPL in speedometer, so will report once I’m able to test it out.

Car was filled at 3635
Attachment 2488898

Car was refilled at 4299
Attachment 2488899

Fuel cost / Ltrs
Attachment 2488900

Maths
Attachment 2488901

Onboard tech and infotainment system continue to be user-friendly and reliable, providing me with navigation, entertainment, and connectivity options that enhance my driving experience. No issues faced with Wireless Apple Car Play, as reported by other users.

Air Condition has been great & chills the cabin quickly. AC Performance has been above satisfactory. No issues reported here.

I did take the car in for its first scheduled maintenance check at 1020 kilometers (4th day after delivery), and the service was efficient. The technicians just inspected the vehicle, performed other routine checks, ensuring everything is in optimal condition, washed it and handed it back.

Bill Amount : 0

Quick question to fellow BHPians / Moderators - Car is about to cover 5k kms, is Wheel Alignment recommended at every 5k kms, or should it be at 10k kms ?

Toyota Connect app – Found is not useful, except that post service bills are available here & need not to keep a manual record.

Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with my new car's performance and its ability to meet my driving needs. I look forward to many more enjoyable kilometres on the road with this vehicle.
"which involves 100% AC ON, Delhi to Gurgaon office commute during peak office hours (incl. Punjabi Bagh traffic jam), taking kids to school, waiting in car with AC ON, while kids come out from School, around 100 kms highway drive & late-night drive-in City in Power mode" Considering the above points mentioned, so far this is the best economy I've seen.
MullapuDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 19:08   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MullapuDP View Post
"Considering the above points mentioned, so far this is the best economy I've seen.
I'll try hypermilling it someday, as I expect it to give 17.5 KMPL .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks