Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2024, 22:33   #46
ike
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier #Jet Edition Ownership Review

The latest stats from the monthly Thrissur - Chennai run

Onward stats. This was an early morning start and was comfortable till Tindivanam after which there was some traffic.

Tata Harrier #Jet Edition Ownership Review-onward-stats.jpg

Return stats, travelled on 30/4/24. This was an afternoon start from Chennai and the initial hundred KMs had very bad traffic despite it being a working day. Initial Google maps ETA was 00.30 Hrs but thankfully I was in Thrissur by 2300 Hrs. This was a 1300Hrs start from Chennai.

Tata Harrier #Jet Edition Ownership Review-return-stats.jpg

The car is nearing 22,500 KMS and I have the paid service scheduled for Saturday. I have been noticing a faint grinding noise when I turn the steering to the left, kind of like something rubbing against metal somewhere. There is some rattle from the dashboard/Infotainment area. Hopefully they look into the problems and they get sorted quickly.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 08:11   #47
ike
BHPian

I complete one year of ownership today. It's been a good one year and 22000 KMS with the car. I had the the scheduled 22500 service carried out yesterday.

The service involved DEF filling, greasing the sunroof rails and a change of the front brake pads. The service was carried out at Hyson motors in Thrissur and they did a good job with it. Was at the service center around 1030 hrs and was out by 1430.

I'm a little disappointed with my brake pads' life, in my earlier cars they usually lasted about 50k KMS(all were manual though, this is my first AT). Maybe 23000KMS is par for a heavy AT car with auto hold, not sure.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 14:50   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
The service folks did see it but I'm fairly confident if at all they acknowledge the issue the solution would be a repaint. I was thinking that I can done outside at better rates for comparable quality(?). I do agree that it looks hideous.
Do the alloys have the original shiny finish under the paint? If so, you could probably just compound/polish the paint right off and drive around on the original metal colour wheels

I heard there is someone in Thrissur with the necessary equipment to refurb diamond cut alloys but I haven't found them so far.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks