Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2023, 18:21   #61
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorHead15 View Post
It is enabled now could you please check and confirm

Hello Motorhead,
Unfortunately, still I do not see the "Send Private Message" Option enabled in your profile.

However, I have used the "Send a message via email" to share the link. I hope you have received the information via email.

Hope that worked. Keep me posted. If not we will figure out a way to add you to the group.
Old 18th September 2023, 19:24   #62
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudra_shiv View Post
Hello Motorhead,
Unfortunately, still I do not see the "Send Private Message" Option enabled in your profile.

However, I have used the "Send a message via email" to share the link. I hope you have received the information via email.

Hope that worked. Keep me posted. If not we will figure out a way to add you to the group.
OT, Newbies cannot send PM or receive them. Just see the below box.

Quote:
1. Newbie : Less than 25 posts

This is where fresh members will start their Team-BHP journey.

Newbies will NOT be able to:

- Directly post in the community. Their posts will show if and when they have been approved by the Moderators
- Use the "Private Messaging" and "Email Member" facilities
- Vote in polls
- Upload their car pictures in the BHP Garage
- Post in the Team-BHP Directory

You can read the FAQ for further details : (Explanation of Membership Levels (Newbie, BHPian etc) & Their Benefits)Membership Levels
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 21:32   #63

Quote:
Hello Motorhead,

Thanks received the mail🤗
Old 15th November 2023, 14:22   #64
BHPian

Quote:
3. Wish either AA or Mahindra find a way to integrate Google Maps into the central instrument cluster (just like they have done for in-built Mapsmyindia).

I will keep you all posted with more updates.
Hi Rudra, is it still the case the Google Maps can't be projected fully onto central instrument cluster through Android Auto?
SamDiablo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 16:14   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
Hi Rudra, is it still the case the Google Maps can't be projected fully onto central instrument cluster through Android Auto?
Hey SamDiablo, Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately we can not project the Google Maps in the MID yet. Hope Mahindra finds a way for it.

Acc. to me, if Apple Maps can be projected, then google maps should be too. Keeping fingers crossed and awaiting a next update from Mahindra Team.
rudra_shiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 13:16   #66
BHPian

Hello Folks,

Hope you all have updated the latest WithYouHamesha (WYH) app which is now transitioned as MahindraForYou (I think now should be fondly called as "MFY").

With this, they have enabled the variant-specific user-manuals through which we could spot the changes in the upcoming feature list Mahindra is planning.

Glad to report that they info shows "Auto-Dimming IRVMs", "Ventilated Seats" and the most awaited "Captain Seats" (yup! you read it right!!).

Looks like M&M is constantly hearing the customer feedback and to keep them in the game with the SAFARIs and Compasses they are upping their game by a little to cater wider audience.

Here are some snaps from MFY for your eyes:

Auto-Dimming IRVM
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-xuv700_autoirvm.jpeg

Ventilated Seats
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-xuv700_ventilated-seats.jpeg

Captain Seats
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-xuv700_captain-seats.jpeg

Still, 2nd row does not have the sliding adjustment to make more room for 3rd row (yet!!) and the Ventilated Seats do not provide cool air according to the manual it is going to be just the fan that sucks air from the bottom, and blows it out from the seats. And I really hope Mahindra has done enough to keep the HV6AC intact without any fuss.

And Ventilated Seats in 700 is first for Mahindra's lineup too.
rudra_shiv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 08:25   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Folks,

And Ventilated Seats in 700 is first for Mahindra's lineup too.
Excellent news.
Just adding that the Mahindra Alturas had ventilated seats too (even though the Alturas had Korean blood, it had a Mahindra logo).
ColAjayDrives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 07:03   #68

Quote:

However, on the very next day, an unexpected turn of event occurred. While idling the engine as part of my usual cold start routine before heading to a nearby relative's place, I suddenly heard a distinct "tak tak" sound from the engine. The noise seemed like that of a loose tappet or lifter and was notably louder with the hood closed.

Listening closely, I realized the sound was more prominent, raising concerns. Despite considering the possibility of it being due to a cold start, the noise persisted even after a 5km drive and 5 minutes of idling. This unexpected development left me puzzled about the cause of the issue.
I also have the same kind of sound from the engine, which is heard inside the cabin, and SC says it is normal for a diesel engine this heavy. Are you hearing this sound still? Mine has run 4K, but still, it persists and is heard even after a long drive.
SamarthaLS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 13:29   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamarthaLS View Post
I also have the same kind of sound from the engine, which is heard inside the cabin, and SC says it is normal for a diesel engine this heavy. Are you hearing this sound still? Mine has run 4K, but still, it persists and is heard even after a long drive.
Thank you for responding. Despite our initial communication, the persistent sound issue continued. Mr. Dileep and his team remained vigilant, consistently following up on the matter. They proactively scheduled an appointment to visit our home and assess the situation alongside the CoTek Team.

Upon inspection, Mr. Vignesh from CoTek verified the presence of the noise. He determined that the source of the sound was the Vacuum Pump, ruling out other potential culprits such as the Hydraulic Lifters or Belts.

Below is the reference sound from the engine -

For those who are getting this sound, there is no need to worry/panic (as I did). All it needs is just a vacuum pump replacement that will be done in less than 2hours.

I want to express my gratitude to @abirnale and the members of our WhatsApp group (TN & the Petrol Owners) for promptly reaching out to their nearby ASCs and offering their support on this for me.

During an unexpected downpour, the familiar "khadak khadak" sound from the suspension reappeared, adding an extra element of surprise to my experience. But it did not resurface again after the rains. That was still a bit of a surprise for me.

Following the issue, I contacted CAI, and Mr. Dileep promptly assured me that he would address it urgently by ordering the vacuum pump and the LCA.

RUDRA is scheduled for a check-up and the replacement of the Vacuum Pump and LCA tomorrow.

I hope that this issue will get solved and to munch more miles safely.

With this 16k odd kms, what I find is Mahindra & CAI are always vigilant about customer issues and resolving them at the earliest. I am happy with this part of the experience though.
rudra_shiv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 20:42   #70

Quote:
Thank you for responding. Despite our initial communication, the persistent sound issue continued. Mr. Dileep and his team remained vigilant, consistently following up on the matter. They proactively scheduled an appointment to visit our home and assess the situation alongside the CoTek Team.

Upon inspection, Mr. Vignesh from CoTek verified the presence of the noise. He determined that the source of the sound was the Vacuum Pump, ruling out other potential culprits such as the Hydraulic Lifters or Belts.

Below is the reference sound from the engine - https://Youtu.be/ezDBcO8t2Y4

For those who are getting this sound, there is no need to worry/panic (as I did). All it needs is just a vacuum pump replacement that will be done in less than 2hours.

I want to express my gratitude to @abirnale and the members of our WhatsApp group (TN & the Petrol Owners) for promptly reaching out to their nearby ASCs and offering their support on this for me.

During an unexpected downpour, the familiar "khadak khadak" sound from the suspension reappeared, adding an extra element of surprise to my experience. But it did not resurface again after the rains. That was still a bit of a surprise for me.

Following the issue, I contacted CAI, and Mr. Dileep promptly assured me that he would address it urgently by ordering the vacuum pump and the LCA.

RUDRA is scheduled for a check-up and the replacement of the Vacuum Pump and LCA tomorrow.

I hope that this issue will get solved and to munch more miles safely.

With this 16k odd kms, what I find is Mahindra & CAI are always vigilant about customer issues and resolving them at the earliest. I am happy with this part of the experience though.
Thanks for the response.
Visited SC for this and got it resolved by changing the vacuum pump.

Initial Diagnosis - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5674495 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

Vacuum pump replacement - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5678268 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)
SamarthaLS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 10:09   #71
BHPian

RUDRA: Recall to Refinement

Received a call last week from Mr. Dileep (CAI Mahindra), notifying me that the Vacuum Pump and Suspension LCA with new bushes have arrived. An appointment was scheduled for Wednesday to address these issues, and the vehicle pick-up was arranged.

The Service Advisor (SA) was promptly assigned, reaching out to inquire about any additional concerns. In addition to the scheduled recall and replacement items, I highlighted the persistent door noise occurring even on slightly uneven roads.

Arising fear
Being one among the fanboys and admirers of Mahindra cars, who would go to extents to fight in favor of it, I did not expect such inconsistent quality of parts from Mahindra though. Having driven only 16,000kms, the need to replace the Suspension LCA, Canister issue (covered briefly at the start of this forum), and Vacuum Pump raises questions in my mind about its long-term reliability after buying this for 2Million INR.

Yeah, I do know that mStallion breed is a new game of engineering to Mahindra, I was very much hopeful that they would've perfected it as the engine debuted in XUV500 2018 facelift (poor sales led to discontinuation though). Its 190bhp version was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo and it is been 3 years since its complete development surprised to see they have not perfected it yet. Mahindra should concentrate on this for sure.

Assuring Confidence through recalls & ASC
On the other side, it's reassuring to know that they are tuned in to hear the challenges customers are experiencing. Their attentiveness to customer feedback on social media and forums, coupled with their proactive efforts to address issues, is definitely a commendable aspect that deserves appreciation. CAI Mahindra & Team were always reassuring in this aspect. They are hearing the customer feedback, and proactively reaching out to check/collect feedback. I could see they are taking it seriously which gives me some confidence in this ownership journey.

Here are some pics from the CAI while RUDRA is being pampered:
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-whatsapp-image-20231207-10.59.04-am.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-whatsapp-image-20231207-10.59.30-am.jpeg

The old LCA that was replaced.
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-whatsapp-image-20231207-10.59.55-am.jpeg

The good part is that they provide work progress updates through WhatsApp, offering reassurance that the work is actively underway.

Following a bout of heavy rains that left RUDRA covered in dirt, it's a delight to witness it sparkling again and ready to devour many more joyful miles ahead

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-whatsapp-image-20231208-5.25.20-pm.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-whatsapp-image-20231208-5.23.47-pm.jpeg

Taking this moment to appreciate two people who played a supportive role in this journey - Mr. Dileep (GM Services - CAI) and Mr. Saranth (SA-CAI)

Yeah! He was back
RUDRA was at the ASC for 3days and was delivered on Friday. After a brief drive covering approximately 100 kilometers, I noticed improved and consistent performance from the brakes. The suspension feels slightly stiffer than before, with the hope that it will improve with further run.

As of now, there have been no occurrences of suspension sound or vacuum pump noise. However, I will remain vigilant to see if these issues arise in the future.

The part that matters a lot (always)
Though some concerns come and go, the joy of driving RUDRA zipping in traffic (without seeing FE in MID - well you know why) and zapping in highways surely puts a huge on my face.

Though was not a fan of drive modes earlier, now I really wish Mahindra had given Zip, Zap, and Zoom modes for Petrol too or at least the custom mode. Why Mahindra.. Why?

Last edited by rudra_shiv : 12th December 2023 at 10:20.
rudra_shiv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 20:17   #72
BHPian

Dear Bhpians, Would like to seek your help here.

This keychain of Mahindra has always been my personal favorite and bought/got it when I decided back in early 2012, if I had to buy a car next that I would be purchasing it would be a MAHINDRA. (Ofcourse, it was Scorpio & XUV that were topping my list always). We got this keychain when we competed in SAE BAJA back in those days.

I lost this keychain in early 2022 (Yep! Bad Luck). Tried ASC, but unfortunately, no luck.

Is there any way to buy the key chain below:
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-key_chain.png

Look forward to your replies.
rudra_shiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 19:06   #73
BHPian

Mod note: Trimmed the post for readability, please avoid quoting entire large post for replies. Thanks.

Quote:
Thought of updating you all about the experience I had so far with AdrenoX in AX5. I see there are fewer discussions about AdrenoX in the forum, hence I thought it could be a good time to post this.
=====
I am requesting the fellow XUV'ians in the forum to share their experience with AdrenoX and this could reach M&M someday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
I can confirm. The engine does switch off in this scenario.
=====
On the e-sim, is it confirmed that it doesn't work on Airtel? While my Adrenox was getting activated, the dealership gave me a choice between both VI & Airtel, although I went with the former.
I was never given any such option to switch e-sim network. In either case, both networks r bad and VI is worse than any other network. I finished my 2 year subscription and don't want to cough any more dough in the name of these gimmicks that are not much useful for me except for valet parking on tracking car thru geo-fencing. Make this subscription worth for a common user and make app faster and responsive then consumers might be interested to try it again but at a lower cost.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd January 2024 at 19:28.
Aarhot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 23:50   #74
BHPian

RUDRA Marks Two Years & 21,000 km of Ownership

From January to March 2024, I drove just 1,000 km, mainly on city roads to visit my in-laws, shop, and see relatives. During this period, RUDRA had a peaceful time without any heavy use.

AdrenoX Renewal

In April 2024, I renewed my AdrenoX subscription at a discounted price of 2,499 Rs. (I believe the AX5 should be priced between 1,500-2,000 Rs. due to its lack of many remote monitoring/control features). The activation took two days.

What's New with AdrenoX 2024 (Updated):

1. Personalized Greeting Messages: Customizable with your favorite voices.
2. A 90% lag-free user experience: Improved UI/UX, aside from the initial app loading time.
3. Mahindra Lens: An in-built feature that details errors shown in the cluster when scanned with the camera app.
4. Toll Diary: Tracks toll recharges and expenditures.
5. EcoSense Leaderboard: A leaderboard for XUV users.

What Needs Improvement:

1. The AdrenoX app still takes half a minute to load initially.
2. The remote control features tab takes 10-30 seconds to load.
3. Mahindra Lens sometimes fails to accurately identify symbols and provide correct details.
4. I can't link my Equitas Fasttag with AdrenoX and am unsure where to get help. This feature works smoothly for most users.
5. Alexa struggles with What3Words and often has issues when asked to play music.

Areas for Mahindra to Improve on AdrenoX:

1. AX3 and AX5 owners pay the same subscription fee as AX7 owners but don’t get all the features. Remote window closing and climatic control options are greyed out for us. While Remote Engine Start & Stop requires an automatic transmission, Hyundai offers it even in MT models. Mahindra should adjust the pricing or offer similar features to AX3/5 owners.
2. Maintaining the 2,499 Rs. pricing is a welcome move. Pricing it at 2,000 Rs. would be even more attractive for all the users considering the features reductions happening across variants.
3. It would be helpful if the app could display MID warnings remotely for users who have chauffeurs.
4. The clutch and brake press counts need optimization to avoid causing concern.
5. Alexa is still a hit or a miss. SIRI in CarPlay also not working as expected. But Android Auto is working like a charm without any hiccups.

Overall, my experience has improved compared to the first year, and I believe Mahindra will continue to enhance it year by year. Good job, Mahindra!

M4U App:
Additionally, there have been a few feature additions in Mahindra 4 You (which was With You Hamesha before),
a. SUV Digital Certificate that details the service records, age, and warranty info in one single PDF. This is cool.
b. Place to store our legal documents safely in the app.
c. The service calculator has a small bug, it considers a higher price for the engine oil in the app. That's okay, it just needs a small fix.

Coming to the Overall Experience with RUDRA - 2 Years, 21k km & Counting

1. Engine nah! An Engineering Marvel: No issues so far. The engine is excellent to drive, and the exhilarating feeling when you press the accelerator post 1.7k rpm is pure joy.

2. NVH: The cabin is super silent, with minimal engine and wind noise. This is very impressive piece of engineering to me. All you hear is a very mild engine + turbo sound and the tire noise.

In the bad roads, the suspension sound creeps in noticeably. Maybe Mahindra should improve the quality of the material used for floor damping.

Keeping bottles in the door pads does give rattles, maybe Mahindra should give a felt lining there or a soft touch material to avoid the rattle sounds.

Here are some screenshots of the NVH levels from the mStallion engine at various places:

Outside the car just near the driver door:
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-whatsapp-image-20240530-9.48.15-pm-1.jpeg

Inside with the engine idling at ~1k rpm without AC:
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-whatsapp-image-20240530-9.48.15-pm.jpeg

3. Braking: Previously inconsistent I guess due to the faulty vacuum pump, now the vacuum pump has been replaced, the brakes feels consistent and assuring. The brakes are consistent and reliable, boosting confidence when driving at high speeds.

4. Infotainment: Initially it was very buggy, it has improved significantly after software updates. CarPlay still disconnects randomly but is much better. Android Auto is smooth with no issues.
Onething is, they should work on a way to project Google Maps in the MID.

5. MID: Clearly provides all necessary data, and the menus are categorized in a good way.
The lack of RHS controls in AX5 is painful and diverts the driver's attention while driving if we are to change anything in the MID.

6. In-built Apps:
a. India Today offers a live scorecard for IPL, which is cool.
b. EcoSense provides almost accurate values for each trip.
c. Mappls is good but needs improvement in route suggestions. Having it built into the system instead of online maps would be better.

7. Seats:
a. First Row: Initially, it took some time to find a comfortable seating position. Once set, the seats became very accommodating and well-contoured. Mahindra should improve neck support for long drives, Safari offers a slightly better neck support with their headrest.
b. Second Row: Very wide and comfortable, fitting 4 lean adults or 3 adults with enough comfort.
c. Third Row: Strictly for kids and adults under 5'5". Slightly claustrophobic and bouncy at high speeds but manageable for 200-300kms trips.

8. AC:
Front Row: The driver-side AC is decent and almost adjustable to my comfort. The co-passenger side is a chiller. If we keep both hands in the steering wheel (I prefer 9-3) it affects the AC hitting your chest/head from the left side. Other than that, it is perfect!
Second Row: AC vent placement could be improved. Maybe the mounting on the B-Pillar might have helped, OTOH, they should have given a blower control for the 2nd row. I would rate this as adequate.
Third Row: A dedicated AC vent with blower control is a great move, ensuring comfort for the human adjusting in the 3rd row.

Overall, the AC performance is good but could use minor improvements for better efficiency and user experience.

9. Exterior Paint Quality: The paint quality feels above average but chips easily from stones and picks minor scratches.

10. Suspension:
Slow Speeds: Mahindra and suspension sounds are inseparable. A mild thud sound persists over speed breakers with a noticeable rebound. Compass and Harrier twins perform better here.
Speeds above 40 kmph: The ride quality is very comfortable and planted, even beating cars in a segment above on decent roads.

11. Steering: Mahindra’s steering calibration is precise and gains weight at high speeds, enhancing confidence. It's a gem in the city and superb on highways. Whichever team design, who ever involved designed, deserves a raise in pay and even a promotion

12. Fuel Efficiency:
I mainly use IOCL (90%) and BPCL (occasionally).
Within City: Average 11-11.5 kmpl, with lower figures in heavy traffic.
Highways: ~13.5 kmpl at 80-130 kmph and 15 kmpl under 100 kmph. While acceptable, a 10-15% improvement would be welcome.

13. ASC: Full marks for ASC (CAI Mahindra) in Coimbatore. They are supportive, listen to feedback, and follow up diligently.

What Was Greatly Missed:

1. ESP: For sure, this is a great miss. Give the pay cut to the one who proposed and decided such a confusing variant-wise features breakup. AX5 Diesel was offered with ESP but AX5 Petrol was not. While gliding on the highways, on various instances found the need for ESP (especially on the last trip with full-house).

I really urge, request, and wish Mahindra to release a retrofit kit for ESP in MX, AX3, and AX5 variants to the owners who are willing to fit it in the ASC at an extra cost.

This will save the thousands of lives of the owners & families who trusted you Mahindra.

Between, a good from Mahindra and a big kudos from my side for keeping 6 airbags+ABS+EBD+ESP as standard in 3XO.

2. Minor Features: Cruise Control, RHS Steering Controls, two USBs in the front row, only one USB C support in the 2nd row, lack of blower control for 2nd row, puddle door lamps, placement of 12v socket are minor but noticeable misses.

3. Suspension Noise: Still persists slightly. I've decided to live with it.

4. Reliability of mStallion: Concerns remain as 10 out of 102 members in a WhatsApp group for Petrol owners had engine replacements. This is creating concerns & panic for the other owners in terms of its long-term reliability. I understand this is due to the manufacturing defect in their valve heads and guides. This causes engine oil to seep through the pistons and get into cylinders. The problem is this issue is diagnosed to the owners who have run 3k km, 5k km, and even 35k kms.

The only way for the owners to diagnose is to check on the throttle responsiveness and keep a check on the engine oil levels at frequent intervals (well, every time I look at the dipstick it's a seat-edge thriller feeling for me).

Having said that mStallion is an engineering marvel. 198 horses pulling the 2-tonne beast with a 380N-m torque at its peak. The adrenaline rush above 1.7k rpm is a wow experience every time you press on the A pedal for sure. It's the case of the long-term reliability that concerns all of us leading to an unwanted post-purchase dilemma.

Mahindra should consider improving QC standards for their engine assembly. And I strongly believe they have already addressed in the later batches.

Issues Faced During Ownership:
1. Canister issue - Fixed
2. Floaty feeling >100 kmph - Fixed
3. Suspension thud noise - Persists slightly but improved a lot with new LCA. Looks like this is never ending hence decided to live with it.
4. Unusual engine sound - Fixed with vacuum pump replacement
5. Boot door crack - Under observation

A short trip to Trichendur to meet Mom's favorite

I drove ~800 km from Coimbatore to Trichendur with 5 adults and 2 kids. RUDRA handled it well, but the lack of ESP made cautious driving under 100 kmph necessary.

Snapshots from the trip (AdrenoX app):
The total journey
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-whatsapp-image-20240530-10.03.15-pm.jpeg

From Coimbatore to Trichendur
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-whatsapp-image-20240530-10.06.12-pm.jpeg

The way back to Coimbatore
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-whatsapp-image-20240530-10.06.34-pm.jpeg

Jan to Apr, Coimbatore was feeling so close to the sun with a peak of 44 deg (which feels like 48 deg), the May was an unexpected downpour.

That made Coimbatore to behave like a Coimbatore again

Let's get back to the juicy bits, the 20k service experience

I dropped, stayed, and picked up the car from CAI. Mr. Dileep and Mr. Saranth were welcoming as always. It was a regular service involving fuel and carbon filter changes, completed in three hours.

Spotted a crack in the tailgate in the mold line near the Mahindra logo. It was an unexpected one for me
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-trunk-door.jpg

Surprisingly, the fog lamp was found not working. ASC couldn't determine if it was a rat bite or a foreign object cut. It was fixed in 15 minutes.
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-whatsapp-image-20240530-9.46.15-pm.jpeg

Wheel rotation and alignment check done, camber adjusted accordingly:
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-whatsapp-image-20240530-10.02.25-pm.jpeg

Status of brake pads:
Acc. to the ASC technician, Front brake pads can last another 5-7k km, I am hoping it will last 10k km at least.
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-whatsapp-image-20240530-10.01.37-pm.jpeg

Rear brake pads should last at least another 10k km:
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-whatsapp-image-20240530-10.10.37-pm.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-whatsapp-image-20240530-10.01.37-pm-1.jpeg

Added the brake pedal covers to RUDRA, and this definitely feels cool and sporty (kindly agree to it at least for me )
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-whatsapp-image-20240530-10.02.49-pm.jpeg

Fog lamp wiring - Fixed
Fuel Filter - Replaced
Carbon Filter - Replaced
Tailgate crack - Was requested to check if the crack developed and take a countermeasure accordingly.

One thing I missed this time was the bonnet and door alignment. My bad, I should have told them. Somehow missed it. There is a minor misalignment in the bonnet (which only Car OCD ppl like me alone could notice it).

Reg. the door alignment, I have temporarily managed by tapping the door lock hinge in the pillar. Mr. Dileep told me it was very minor + just a 15-minute work and that I could do it when I am sometime around the ASC.

I tried adjusting the rubber plugs under the bonnet, but it did not help either. I will pass it on some time later this year when I am around the ASC.

RUDRA shines bright in the cozy, cloudy weather—eye-catching, exhilarating, and wonderfully sparkling after a fresh wash!
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-xuv700_rudra.jpg

Finally, the much-awaited bill is here:
Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700-bill.jpg

20k free service for a beast of this segment costing ~1.8k is surely a great relief to the owners of Mahindra. Kudos to Mahindra for this.

Additionally renewed the insurance at CAI itself for 27.5K which includes Zero Dep + RTI + Consumables + Engine Protect + Personal Belongings + RSA. I opted out from Tyre Cover this time as the beast has covered 21k already.

Will be getting the PUC certificate this week.

Rudra is all already & pampered enough to much more miles in the coming year.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd June 2024 at 16:59.
rudra_shiv is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 31st May 2024, 10:50   #75
BHPian

I fully agree about your issue with the paint quality. Stone chips leave marks while in our previous highway cruiser (Innova Crysta 2.8) it was not the case to this extent. As far as the engine issues go, keeping my fingers crossed. I had some sensor issued in the first few months of ownership but flawless after that except Adrenox which I now don't use at all, Android Auto does all I need
Sumer is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks