Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2022, 13:40   #46

Re: Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!

[b]1. Engine / Sump Guard

Engine Guard Installed
Requires 6 self-threaded screws and 4 plastic clips to fix the same. I got this done at the Honda service center.

Hello,

Will same engine sump guard fit my Honda Jazz purchased in June 2021?

When enquired with Car trendz online, he said =No

Kindly help
Old 28th September 2022, 15:35   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran Joshi View Post
[b]

Hello,

Will same engine sump guard fit my Honda Jazz purchased in June 2021?

When enquired with Car trendz online, he said =No

Kindly help
Did you share the car’s VIN number with Cartrends? If not, share it with them and ask them if they have a suitable engine guard.

I personally think that the shape may match but the holes may not.

All the best! Drive safe!
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 21:02   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Update:

1. Engine / Sump Guard: Even though the engine is not mounted very low in the Honda Jazz, the risk of engine sump being hit by a flying stone cannot be ruled out. In-case of such an incident, the resultant consequences can be devastating as even a small crack in the sump can lead to engine oil leak. Therefore, a sump guard is highly recommended.

I purchased the sump guard from CarTrends online. This is a genuine Honda Jazz sump guard and the material is poly-carbon, very similar in terms of quality and thickness to the rest of the under body cladding.

The response and service from CarTrends was generally good and it took about 15 days to receive the part. They even sent me a small video of the parts being packed before dispatch, which I thought was very cool !

Link: https://cartrends.in/products/engine...7be3aeea&_ss=r

Jazz Rocks as usual!
Thank you Chethan for the detailed update on this I had one more question on your infotainment system. Did you get a remote control along with it? I did not get it, and when I asked the SA he said it has been discontinued. This is surprising as well as disappointing for my daughter who would have loved to operate it from the rear seat. Also this 6-month old video clearly shows the presence of the remote control (at 11:40 minutes, please just check this link):
Old 29th September 2022, 00:17   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysheth View Post
Did you get a remote control along with it?
I got it at the time of delivery.

Quote:
I did not get it, and when I asked the SA he said it has been discontinued.
Surprising! Strange that these automobile companies change specifications without prior intimation.

Quote:
This is surprising as well as disappointing for my daughter who would have loved to operate it from the rear seat.
Sad. It should not cost much even if you have to buy one. Try to source it from Alpine service center / Honda dealer in your city. Honda dealer may be able to give you the address / details.

If you have anyone coming from the US, you can get it for Rs.1000 from Amazon. Link: https://www.amazon.com/Calvas-Alpine.../dp/B07P6MFJKK

Let me know if you have trouble getting one.
Old 29th September 2022, 08:29   #50
BHPian

Quote:
I got it at the time of delivery.

Surprising! Strange that these automobile companies change specifications without prior intimation.
Thank you Chethan, for your prompt reply. I was misguided here. On speaking to SA's manager, he said that remote should be in my glovebox, but since it was not there, it might be in their stockyard. He will check and update today. He apologized for SA's apparent miscommunication on this. Will keep you posted.

Thanks for advising on the engine sump guard as well. I did not know of its existence and this thread sheds more light on it: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...e-6000-km.html (Why you should get an engine guard | Damaged oil pan leads to Maruti Ertiga engine failure @ 6000 km)

I will get that rolling too. Thanks once again! Also it was a pleasant surprise that you got 15" spare steel wheel rim for less than INR 2k. Does it fit properly in the spare wheel slot or does it protrude a bit? Is the weight too much compared to the 14" stock one (these are 2 of the reasons the manufacturers typically quote these days, that we want to keep it light and save space for you in the boot).

The manager further said that they are deliberately giving 1" smaller wheel so that we make it a point to use it strictly as a spare. It it was of the same size, folks would continue driving with it which gets risky as the tyre wear will be quite uneven compared to the other 3 tyres in this case.

The above argument is sensible, but I would still personally prefer (a) spare wheels of the exact same size, and (b) we following the discipline of either rotating it periodically or putting it back in the boot once we could fix issue with the punctured/damaged tyre. Expert opinion would be appreciated.
jaysheth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 14:20   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Update:

1. Engine / Sump Guard: Even though the engine is not mounted very low in the Honda Jazz, the risk of engine sump being hit by a flying stone cannot be ruled out. In-case of such an incident, the resultant consequences can be devastating as even a small crack in the sump can lead to engine oil leak. Therefore, a sump guard is highly recommended.

I purchased the sump guard from CarTrends online. This is a genuine Honda Jazz sump guard and the material is poly-carbon, very similar in terms of quality and thickness to the rest of the under body cladding.

The response and service from CarTrends was generally good and it took about 15 days to receive the part. They even sent me a small video of the parts being packed before dispatch, which I thought was very cool !

Link: https://cartrends.in/products/engine...7be3aeea&_ss=r

Requires 6 self-threaded screws and 4 plastic clips to fix the same. I got this done at the Honda service center.
Hi Chethan, sharing some surprising update:

I spoke to CarTrends person, who confidently said that the above will *not* work for 2022 model. It would only work for 2018 models or earlier. He said the 2022 model would cost INR 6500 (company MRP is 6489). To this, I said it should be INR 2199, shared the link that you have here, with him (viz. https://cartrends.in/products/engine...zz-74111t5sk00) and I also said that my friend has ordered this from you and has successfully installed it in his 2022 car (I was referring to you, sir ). I also sent him the link to your post with details.

He was quite surprised, he said the company is selling this at INR 6,489 for Jazz 2022 models, lot of folks have been buying it. He said this is a new learning for them as well and if the older (INR 2199) sump guard fits Jazz 2022, you have a lottery

He repeatedly asked if your friend really has a Jazz "2022" model where he fitted the INR 2199 sump guard, as it was quite surprising for them, and I said yes indeed!

Last edited by jaysheth : 29th September 2022 at 14:25.
jaysheth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 16:43   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also it was a pleasant surprise that you got 15" spare steel wheel rim for less than INR 2k. Does it fit properly in the spare wheel slot or does it protrude a bit? Is the weight too much compared to the 14" stock one (these are 2 of the reasons the manufacturers typically quote these days, that we want to keep it light and save space for you in the boot).
Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img2329.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-img2328.jpg

Perfect fit. Absolutely no change.

If I had purchased 185mm width, it would have been probably difficult.

OEM steel rim was a 14 inch 5.5J, which was replaced with a 15 inch 5.5J. Difference in weight is negligible for emergency use.

When you compare Alloys to Steel RIM, the weight difference can be considerable. But between steel / steel OR alloy / alloy of the same size, weight difference will be negligible, particularly when it is considered for emergency use.

Quote:
The manager further said that they are deliberately giving 1" smaller wheel so that we make it a point to use it strictly as a spare. It it was of the same size, folks would continue driving with it which gets risky as the tyre wear will be quite uneven compared to the other 3 tyres in this case.
I won't buy this argument.

1. A spare wheel is a spare wheel, used for emergency purpose only. Period.

2. Who would like to have 3 alloys and 1 steel wheel on his car for the long term? I have not seen even a single car like that on road.

3. If the Company is so much concerned, it should provide a regular alloy so that it will be the most convenient for the customer. Space in the boot is good enough for the alloy too, as the standard alloy is also a 5.5J.

Quote:
Hi Chethan, sharing some surprising update:

He was quite surprised, he said the company is selling this at INR 6,489 for Jazz 2022 models, lot of folks have been buying it. He said this is a new learning for them as well and if the older (INR 2199) sump guard fits Jazz 2022, you have a lottery

He repeatedly asked if your friend really has a Jazz "2022" model where he fitted the INR 2199 sump guard, as it was quite surprising for them, and I said yes indeed!
I was in touch with Ronak @ CarTrends @ 9718382187. He took my car's VIN and suggested the relevant engine guard.

I was aware that there were two types of engine guard and the prices were different. Infact, particularly for this reason, I wanted to make sure before sharing the information.

After 2015, there has been no changes in the chassis and therefore, engine guard should match. Face lift in the subsequent years has been only cosmetic. In my opinion, all Honda Jazz sold after 2015, both diesel and petrol variants, should be able to take this same engine guard.
Chethan B G is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 17:35   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Perfect fit. Absolutely no change.

If I had purchased 185mm width, it would have been probably difficult.

OEM steel rim was a 14 inch 5.5J, which was replaced with a 15 inch 5.5J. Difference in weight is negligible for emergency use.

I won't buy this argument.

1. A spare wheel is a spare wheel, used for emergency purpose only. Period.

2. Who would like to have 3 alloys and 1 steel wheel on his car for the long term? I have not seen even a single car like that on road.

3. If the Company is so much concerned, it should provide a regular alloy so that it will be the most convenient for the customer. Space in the boot is good enough for the alloy too, as the standard alloy is also a 5.5J.

I was aware that there were two types of engine guard and the prices were different. Infact, particularly for this reason, I wanted to make sure before sharing the information.

After 2015, there has been no changes in the chassis and therefore, engine guard should match. Face lift in the subsequent years has been only cosmetic. In my opinion, all Honda Jazz sold after 2015, both diesel and petrol variants, should be able to take this same engine guard.
Thanks Chetan. On the spare wheel front, your argument is very logical and makes total sense. While the overall services from the dealer has been great, they have also made up stories like the reasoning(!) for the 14" wheel, and like "remote control for infotainment has been discontinued!", hence will have to take their advice with a pinch of salt. I will consider replacing my 14" with a 15" too. On the sump guard front, I had spoken to Mr. Pratik Jain yesterday, and have just placed the order with CarTrends (INR 2199 + 700 shipping to Pune).
Old 30th September 2022, 18:12   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will consider replacing my 14" with a 15" too.
Please don’t replace your spare wheel unless you upgrade your tyres. It is not necessary unless you travel long distances frequently.

OEM set of tyres and spare wheel are made for each other and you will not have a problem.

In my case, since I upgraded the OEM tyres, the difference in the radius became close to half an inch. That is the reason I changed the spare wheel.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 30th September 2022 at 18:13.
Old 8th October 2022, 16:37   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Please don’t replace your spare wheel unless you upgrade your tyres. It is not necessary unless you travel long distances frequently.

OEM set of tyres and spare wheel are made for each other and you will not have a problem.

In my case, since I upgraded the OEM tyres, the difference in the radius became close to half an inch. That is the reason I changed the spare wheel.
Yes, I meant replacing spare wheel rim along with associated spare tyre so that they're as compatible with the other 4 tyres as possible, without touching/upgrading the other 4 stock tyres.

Quote:

Honda Jazz has 3 substantially large openings for the rats to enter the cabin!

1. A four inch height opening just behind the engine fire wall.

2. One each on both side of the rear wheel arches.

This was covered with stainless steel mesh. Infact, these were fixed with a permanent glue. This costed me Rs.3100 + GST.

A ripoff I thought! But was necessary, never-the-less.
Hi Chetan, and other Jazz owners, the Honda dealer in Pune says they do not have any rat mash as accessory item. All they have is a repellent spray which would be effective for 2-3 months only. Any other suggestion as to where could I get this from?

Last edited by GTO : 14th October 2022 at 12:48. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 9th October 2022, 15:55   #56
Senior - BHPian

Update:

Ottocast CarPlay Wireless Adapter for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars; Model U2-NOW.

This is a simple Plug & Play device which converts wired CarPlay to wireless. Installation takes about 10 minutes. Instructions are simple to follow and are provided along with the product. Wireless integration is seamless and auto-connects each time within about 30 seconds once the ignition is turned-on.

There is absolutely zero-lag while operating any application on the Car-Play. Audio quality while playing music drops by about 25%, which is acceptable.

Device itself is very lite and small, about the size of a visiting card and can be easily accommodated on the dash. It gets slightly warm even after continuous usage.

I have used a Magnetic dashboard mount to hold it and it stays in place at all times without posing any issue during bouncy rides.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09B94QFVJ...t_details&th=1

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-carplay-4.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-carplay-5.png

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-carplay-6.png

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-carplay-7.png

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-carplay-8.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-carplay-9.png

Wireless Qi charger for Honda Jazz 2019

This wireless Qi charger is an OEM fit - well, almost! It comes with with a cable (with a 3A fuse) which connects perfectly between the 12V connector and the terminal, without disturbing the OEM harness. Excellent quality and clean integration indeed.

Link: https://m.alibaba.com/product/622495...onda-Jazz.html

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-carplay-1.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-carplay-2.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-carplay-3.jpg
3A fuse in line with the wireless charger makes it safe and convenient to use without any worry.

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-wlc-1.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-wlc-2.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-wlc-3.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-wlc-4.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-wlc-5.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-wlc-6.jpg

Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-wlc-7.jpg

Both the activities were DIY and took about half a day to complete. Wireless Apple Carplay and Wireless Mobile Charger adds to the convenience and this completes all planned upgrades!

Cheers!
Chethan B G is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 17:09   #57
BHPian

Good and clean job. A wireless charger is very useful for Android auto / Carplay users, I also installed a Wireless charger on my Jazz, and I am using AA wireless dongle to run AA wirelessly.

Wireless Charger installed
Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-49d9f7478b364d07a6c72eb4cb723c2d.jpg

Transferred the USB connection to the glovebox using an extender cable.
Honda Jazz ZX CVT | Practical family city hatch!-94b97892c3f84e819c2d8196fa3cf5e1.jpg
sandeep3764 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 17:59   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3764 View Post
Good and clean job. A wireless charger is very useful for Android auto / Carplay users, I also installed a Wireless charger on my Jazz, and I am using AA wireless dongle to run AA wirelessly
Could you share the purchase link, and how much it actually costs in INR? Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 18:04   #59
BHPian

Quote:
These are great mods! I am interested in both but to be honest, I feel the wireless adapters have a long way to go with their pricing. Perhaps when it's around $50, I'll get one.

For your purchase from alibaba, was it made before the government banned Chinese e-commerce websites? Or is it free trade again?
lemedico is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 23:31   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good and clean job.
Thanks!

Quote:
Wireless Charger installed
Attachment 2366588
Cool ! Where did you get the charger from?

Quote:
Transferred the USB connection to the glovebox using an extender cable.
Attachment 2366589
Infact, the wireless adapter can be concealed behind the USB sockets itself. I was under the impression that it would be necessary to reset / re-plug the devise once in a while. That is the reason I fixed it in a easily accessible place.

But looking at the performance, I don't think there will be a necessity to fiddle around with the device. I will observe for a couple of months and reposition it as necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
These are great mods!
Thanks!

Quote:
I am interested in both but to be honest, I feel the wireless adapters have a long way to go with their pricing. Perhaps when it's around $50, I'll get one.
Agreed! I went for it as I had got used to the wireless CarPlay. It is convenient to use and super additive!

Quote:
For your purchase from alibaba, was it made before the government banned Chinese e-commerce websites? Or is it free trade again?
I got it through my relative who had travelled to the US. But looking at the options available on the website, I think it should not be a problem to import it into India. By the way, the WH and the HUB is in Singapore; billing was from Singapore even though the product is from Hong-Kong.
Chethan B G is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks