Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2023, 08:04   #61
BHPian

Re: S-Crossed again! My pre-owned Maruti S-Cross 1.6 | Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Thank you very much for the post.

Where did you source the parts? Boodmo or JC road, assuming you are from Bangalore from your location.

KK
I source parts from Boodmo.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 05:58   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I source parts from Boodmo.

Hi Sudeep,
Apologies for hijacking this thread. Want to post my question here as this thread is more active.

Been looking for a 1.6 since long time and stumbled upon few of them in Spinny and olx. Shortlisted two which are :

1. Spinny : 2017, 95 K run - 2nd owner - Alpha - Asking price : Rs.8.02 lakh fixed
2. Carwale : 2015, 75 K run - 1st owner - Alpha - Asking price - Rs.6.75 lakh. Service history available

It would have been no brainer going for the spinny one but I feel the pricing is significantly higher. However, they do offer some peace of mind in the form of insurance, one year warranty etc. The carwale s-cross looks need through pictures but I have my doubts on the low running it did in 8 years.

Any thoughts and advice will really be helpful for me to take a decision.

Last edited by Abhi_abarth : 5th September 2023 at 05:58. Reason: Added tag
Old 12th September 2023, 11:26   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
The spinny one looks to be in better shape than the carwale. The asking price is definitely higher. I'd probably not give anything more than 7 Lakhs for that car just looking at the pictures.

Regardless, you will need to test drive the car(s) and check how mechanically sound the car is. Things I'd do

1. Check underbody for hits and corrosion.
2. Check for engine clatter or unwanted noise.
3. Clutch test - Taking off from an incline with 4 people load. Does it slip?
4. Brakes and rotors condition. Does it pull in any direction? Is the bite good?
5. Suspension performance with a tyre pressure of 33-34 PSI.
6. Gear engagement smoothness.
7. Wheel alignment

For both cars, be ready to spend extra since clutch release bearing is known to fail for the 1.6s at around these ODO readings. Parts have waiting periods too.

Depending on the condition of the car, you can negotiate with Spinny's. They are hard nuts and won't bargain much. They will downplay any issues you bring up and at max give you a couple of thousands off. This has been my experience.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 12:08   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. Spinny : 2017, 95 K run - 2nd owner - Alpha - Asking price : Rs.8.02 lakh fixed
Being an ex 1.6 owner, Spinny's price for a second owner car is way too high. The best price would be between 6.5 to 7.
rakesh_r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 15:49   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sudeep,

It would have been no brainer going for the spinny one but I feel the pricing is significantly higher. However, they do offer some peace of mind in the form of insurance, one year warranty etc. The carwale s-cross looks need through pictures but I have my doubts on the low running it did in 8 years.

I would be more inclined towards the carwale primarily because due to single owner and lower running. ~9K per year is not low running, also considering the covid period in between.

Irrespective of the car, please go through the service records and do a thorough inspection through service centre and also look for insurance claims.
Meph1st0 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 11:44   #66

Hello Folks,
Need a quick help please.

My SCross 1.6D is about to complete 8years and has run close to 51K.
I have been recommended a timing belt and water pump replacement. The price I have been quoted (20K for timing belt+ 2K water pump) is way more than Boodmo (2.5K for each). So I am confused. Please can the experts shed some light. Thanks in advance!
Old 14th September 2023, 15:31   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin0384 View Post
Hello Folks,

I have been recommended a timing belt and water pump replacement. The price I have been quoted (20K for timing belt+ 2K water pump) is way more than Boodmo (2.5K for each). So I am confused. Please can the experts shed some light. Thanks in advance!
I Paid around 28,500 to get the work done from MASS, including GST & Labour (14K). The actual cost of the timing belt, associated parts, water pump, aux belt, etc. was around 10K - of this the timing belt was 2200+GST, and the water pump was 3200+GST.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 11:04   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Folks,

I got my car's timing belts changed at Engineering Exponents. It was done in a day and here's the cost. Hope this will help you.
  1. Timing kit 7000
  2. Water pump 5300
  3. V belt. 1350
  4. Labour timing belt/aux belt/ water pump 5000
sudeepg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 18:05   #69

Quote:
I got my car's timing belts changed at Engineering Exponents. It was done in a day and here's the cost. Hope this will help you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Paid around 28,500 to get the work done from MASS, including GST & Labour (14K).
Thank you folks.

A quick follow up query. I am from Pune and looking to get my SCross Remappped. I have read very good reviews about Wolfmoto and Code6. While searching for tuners in Pune I came across Quantum Tunings too. I was very much inclined towards Wolf since the beginning however they don't have a setup in Pune while the other 2 have. I think having a local presence is very imp in case anything untoward happens immediately or after few days/weeks.

What do you or others think? And I would highly appreciate if anybody has any pointers about Code6 or Quantum Tunings like their service, map experiences, etc..?

Last edited by ampere : 18th September 2023 at 18:27.
Old 18th September 2023, 18:38   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you folks.

A quick follow up query. I am from Pune and looking to get my SCross Remappped. I have read very good reviews about Wolfmoto and Code6.
The wolf remap has been quite popular with the 1.6 community and seems to be a tried and tested map.
Don't really need any follow up.
Code 6 is also similar as is quantum but wolf seems to have fine tuned the maps over time - not sure on quantum and code 6.

Do check who all offer a smokeless map, otherwise the car can smoke heavily under full throttle - most should have fine tuned this aspect however.
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 11:15   #71
BHPian

Quote:
I think having a local presence is very imp in case anything untoward happens immediately or after few days/weeks.

What do you or others think? And I would highly appreciate if anybody has any pointers about Code6 or Quantum Tunings like their service, map experiences, etc..?
Local presence matters only if you need to keep changing maps. I am guessing you will be better off with a tried and tested Stage 1 smokeless map. Rajiv (Wolf) is very good at supporting his customers and if you are not going stage 2 or later, you will be happy getting a remap and then living with it. If you don't have a wolf outlet at Pune, considering driving to Bangalore Engineering Exponents or perhaps closer in Mumbai? Check with Wolf.

Code 6: I have not used their 1.6 map, but I heard they are good. Code 6 is also one of the good tuners around. I have used their maps in my 1.3 and found it to be very good. Ping BHPian KPZEN who is running their map on his 1.6

Quote:
The wolf remap has been quite popular with the 1.6 community and seems to be a tried and tested map.
Code 6 is also similar as is quantum but wolf seems to have fine tuned the maps over time - not sure on quantum and code 6.

Do check who all offer a smokeless map, otherwise the car can smoke heavily under full throttle - most should have fine tuned this aspect however.
You are absolutely correct here. Wolf maps have been refined a lot and settled into a good state of tune. No idea on Quantum maps.
sudeepg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 14:43   #72

Quote:
Quote:

You are absolutely correct here. Wolf maps have been refined a lot and settled into a good state of tune. No idea on Quantum maps.
Thank you both of you for the prompt and valuable inputs.

Quote:
Local presence matters only if you need to keep changing maps. I am guessing you will be better off with a tried and tested Stage 1 smokeless map. Rajiv (Wolf) is very good at supporting his customers and if you are not going stage 2 or later, you will be happy getting a remap and then living with it. .
Thank you sir!

All I want is, bit better drivability in the city and a little fun on the highway drives. So, I think Stage 1 will be my start and end.

The Wolf Team was in Pune on the 16 and 17th but my weekend was already committed for Ganapati preparations.

My SCross is due for annual service in Oct. So, I will get everything inspected, get the required mechanicals replaced/repaired. And whenever the Wolf Team is in Pune next time I will get Stage 1+ remap with a air filter upgrade.

Last edited by Axe77 : 19th September 2023 at 15:19. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use Multi Quote button where appropriate. Thank you.
Sachin0384 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 15:44   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Depending on the condition of the car, you can negotiate with Spinny's. They are hard nuts and won't bargain much. They will downplay any issues you bring up and at max give you a couple of thousands off. This has been my experience.
Thank you so much for your advice Sudeep. I was ready to go till 7 but 8 lakhs is way out of my budget. I have cancelled the booking. Hoping those guys will correct the pricing which I am sure may not happen because I really liked that car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Being an ex 1.6 owner, Spinny's price for a second owner car is way too high. The best price would be between 6.5 to 7.
Agree with you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph1st0 View Post
I would be more inclined towards the carwale primarily because due to single owner and lower running. ~9K per year is not low running, also considering the covid period in between.
I followed up couple of times with the dealer who promised to come back to me but didn't return my calls later. I don't see the car listed anymore.

Thank you all for the help. My heart is still on that car but don't know how the spares condition will be in the coming days given they need to be imported.

Will keep sharing updates if I bump into something interesting
Old 19th September 2023, 17:39   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all for the help. My heart is still on that car but don't know how the spares condition will be in the coming days given they need to be imported.
The whole car minus the powertrain, you can get spares without any issues. Last year, the lead time for clutch assembly was close to a month or two, not aware of the current conditions. Couple of owners were trying to find if the engine related spares from the Compass were compatible.
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 11:59   #75
BHPian

So got a notification from Spinny just now that the price of the 1.6 I shortlisted has been brought down by 24 k. The new price is Rs.7,78,000/-
The impulsive me screams to grab it before it runs off the shelf and the matured me says wait for some more time if it reaches the 7 lakh mark which is highly unlikely. .

Last edited by Abhi_abarth : 22nd September 2023 at 12:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks