Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2024, 10:12   #61

Re: The adventures of Orion | My Mahindra XUV700 DSL AX7 L AT AWD | Midnight Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
With two fast charging ports, it takes care of the mobile charging issues during long journeys. The device actually comes with 1 mtr. length of chord. Had to cut the chord and add heat resistant & fire retardant electrical wire to increase the length.
Link to buy the fast charging port?
Also, doesn't this void your warranty as you have tampered with the electricals?

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd April 2024 at 10:14. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 3rd April 2024, 17:48   #62
BHPian

Re: The adventures of Orion | My Mahindra XUV700 DSL AX7 L AT AWD | Midnight Black

Quote:
With two fast charging ports, it takes care of the mobile charging issues during long journeys. The device actually comes with 1 mtr. length of chord. Had to cut the chord and add heat resistant & fire retardant electrical wire to increase the length.
Hope you are feeling better now. I had 2 questions regarding your fast charger.

1. Where did you buy it from?
2. Where have you sourced the power for it from?

Last edited by ampere : 3rd April 2024 at 18:57.
Old 3rd April 2024, 19:42   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

#TheOrion meets #TheRedSparkle

Posting a quick note after our catch-up today - It was great to catch up with you today! You braved a forest check-post and blazing sun to make this happen. Thank you so much ��

The adventures of Orion | My Mahindra XUV700 DSL AX7 L AT AWD | Midnight Black-img_0355.jpeg

Hope to host you someday when you visit us down south!
abirnale is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 11:10   #64
Senior - BHPian

#TheOrion meets #TheRedSparkle#

It was real pleasure to meet you and your family in person. Hope your son is fine now.
It was an opputunity for us to go on a long drive.
Waiting eagerly for your TATR pictures to come up on the forum.

Here is a snap from my side :-

The adventures of Orion | My Mahindra XUV700 DSL AX7 L AT AWD | Midnight Black-img_2717.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank700 View Post
Link to buy the fast charging port?
Also, doesn't this void your warranty as you have tampered with the electricals?
Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
Hope you are feeling better now. I had 2 questions regarding your fast charger.

1. Where did you buy it from?
2. Where have you sourced the power for it from?
Bought this from Amazon after seeing this in the XUV700 review thread.
The details can be found here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5605716 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

The power is sourced from the cigarette lighter port in the boot and there is no tampering with the electricals. So no fear or warranty being void. The cable has been placed under the matt, so it does not create any inconvinience.
Sommos is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 09:51   #65
Senior - BHPian

There was an issue with the car - the driver side front window was getting stuck midway and it refused to go up. After several trial it would close sometimes or else I would have to stop the car, get down and push the glass with my hand and operate the switch at the same time to close the window.

The rubber bead and the window motor on this same door has already been changed once. Though there is record of the rubber bead been replaced under warranty, there is no record of the window motor replacement in the previous RO.

During one of my short visit to Bhilai, I paid a visit to the ASC for rectification of this issue as well as the latest software update. But as is the case with M&M ASC, spares were not available and the matter ended there. Later raised a concern with the M&M CC on twitter.

The window motor was made available at the local dealer at Chandrapur and I was called on 14/05/2024 for rectification. The issue was demonstrated to the personnel. One touch up & down function was not working and the window would come down from midway. But if the up switch was pressed continuously, the window would go up with some vibrations after reaching midway.

The ASC personnel explained that warranty claim would be turned down by M&M RO since window was still functioning partly. However, they opened up the whole door panel for inspection and finally concluded that there is an issue with the glass channel and not the motor. The glass was being obstructed by something inside the door frame - not sure what it was. A senior technician was called and a lot of hitting with a chiesel and hammer, the glass was fitted back. No Repair Order was opened by the ASC and everything is off-records.

The window is now functioning as usual, but need to wait and watch if the same issue re-surfaces again. However, the THUD sound on closing the door is missing. I assume some screws have not been tightened properly. Have to get this checked up during my next visit.
Sommos is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 09:54   #66
Senior - BHPian

One month short of it's second birthday, the Orion crossed the 40K mark.

The adventures of Orion | My Mahindra XUV700 DSL AX7 L AT AWD | Midnight Black-40k-.jpg

Saw this camouflaged test mule at Pune. Not sure what car is this, but a member in the TORC group said it is the XUV e9 !!!

The adventures of Orion | My Mahindra XUV700 DSL AX7 L AT AWD | Midnight Black-prototype.jpg
Sommos is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2024, 23:06   #67
BHPian

Quote:
There was an issue with the car - the driver side front window was getting stuck midway and it refused to go up. After several trial it would close sometimes or else I would have to stop the car, get down and push the glass with my hand and operate the switch at the same time to close the window.
Oh my god, these power window issues still exist on the Xuv 700, I had experienced this on my preowned 2012 Xuv 500 which we sold 2 years ago, not only these we faced issues with door handles and latches where the rear doors would not open from the inside, similarly even the fuel filler cap would not open sometimes and had to forcefully open from outside and also the boot stopped opening normally by using the rear handle, needed to open from the third-row inner latch, I thought or would have even hope in their new cars that Mahindra would sort these simple things, why can’t just Mahindra make simple things work how hard it is to make power windows and doors handles and latches reliable issues like these infuriates me and make my blood boil.

Even a 20-year-old Maruti or Toyota would not have such kind of issues, heck even in my 12-year-old Ritz all power windows and door handles are working perfectly without ever giving a problem.
I love their cars for their brilliant engines and driving dynamics but issues like this are just unacceptable.
Old 15th June 2024, 09:35   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
Oh my god, these power window issues still exist on the Xuv 700, I had experienced this on my preowned 2012 Xuv 500 which we sold 2 years ago, ......
Well, there are certain issues wih the car no doubt, but still I feel hat my car is relatively OK with less tantrums (touch wood). @Abirnale has faced a variety of other issues in his car like brake sensor connectors going off midway, leakage in the fuel pipe etc. Also he has clocked more KMs than any of us.

But, inspite of all these issues, whenever I take out this car for a long roadtrip, it brings a huge grin on my face. The joy of driving this car on the open highways is something that I really cherish.
Old 20th June 2024, 09:29   #69
Senior - BHPian

My XUV has already crossed the 40K mark and hence booked for service on 17th June. But before that requested M&M CC to ensure that the Ultra V4 is available at the dealership for engine oil change, that I do not have to waste half-a-day. Just as I had expected, the GM Services of the local Chandrapur dealer conveyed that they have never used Ultra V4 and they do not have it in store. The man tried hard to convince me by saying that Ultra V4 is not used even in their main (and bigger) outlet at Nagpur. Finally, on my insistence the GM agreed to place order for the V4 and inform me on arrival of the product.

Now the eternal wait begins for M&M to deliver the product from their plant. One week has passed (from 13th June) and I am still waiting for a 6 ltr. can of the Ultra V4 to get the servicing of my car done. In the meantime the car has already reached 41K.

Really ??? M&M, is this real ??? A box of the Ultra V4 engine oil can easily reach from Pune to Chandrapur, MH within 3 days by courier. Has the dealer really placed an order ?? or is the GM-Services bluffing ??
Old 20th June 2024, 20:29   #70
BHPian

Quote:
The ASC personnel explained that warranty claim would be turned down by M&M RO since window was still functioning partly. However, they opened up the whole door panel for inspection and finally concluded that there is an issue with the glass channel and not the motor. The glass was being obstructed by something inside the door frame - not sure what it was. A senior technician was called and a lot of hitting with a chiesel and hammer, the glass was fitted back. No Repair Order was opened by the ASC and everything is off-records.

The window is now functioning as usual, but need to wait and watch if the same issue re-surfaces again. However, the THUD sound on closing the door is missing. I assume some screws have not been tightened properly. Have to get this checked up during my next visit.
My experience with Mahindra can be summed up in your experience. Half measures taken everytime. Your car's window isn't functioning as it was before, therefore it should have been a warranty replacement but no they took the easy way out i.e. convincing the customer there is no issue.
No repair order created ensures you won't be able to take it up with company officials. I would change the service center if not the advisor ASAP.
Old 21st June 2024, 09:36   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Really ??? M&M, is this real ??? A box of the Ultra V4 engine oil can easily reach from Pune to Chandrapur, MH within 3 days by courier. Has the dealer really placed an order ?? or is the GM-Services bluffing ??

TeamBHP member @RavenAvi remarked in his ownership thread that " The Big Brother is watching".

Now I have a feeling that it may really be true; because the day I wrote this post, in the evening I received a call from the GM-Services that the engine oil has been received by them. Now the ASC is after me to get the servicing done ASAP. This is what I love about M&M. The ASC people are horrible but the M&M CC executives at the state/ regional/ HQ level try to resolve the customer complains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
My experience with Mahindra can be summed up in your experience. Half measures taken everytime. Your car's window isn't functioning as it was before, therefore it should have been a warranty replacement but no they took the easy way out i.e. convincing the customer there is no issue.
No repair order created ensures you won't be able to take it up with company officials. I would change the service center if not the advisor ASAP.
For your information, Sir, most of the folks living outside the state capitals do not have the luxury of changing their ASC, because small cities normally have only one dealership. Other option for me is to travel 150KM to Nagpur everytime for servicing.

The issue has not happened for the first time, it has happened before and is well documented in my earlier ROs. The dealer at my home town has replaced the motor once, but the issue reappeared. Rather than replacing the motor, I wanted the issue to be resolved on a long term basis. I did not have any issues during the last one month or so after the fixing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks