Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2024, 21:15   #91
BHPian

re: Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!

Update at 20,000 kms mark !

So, the normal inter City drives have been going great, and no major issues to report.

20k servicing done.

Following was covered in servicing -
Engine Oil
Oil Filter
Air Filter
AC Filter
Tyre Rotation

Charges came out to be 2500rs.
Initially I was skipping AC filter, but got it changed on looking at the actual condition.

Checking the underbody and brake pads and doing tyre rotation as well -
Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-img202403171104252.jpg

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-img202403171142362.jpg

AC Filter was all choked up -
Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-img20240317115409.jpg

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-img20240317115343.jpg

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-screenshot_2024032021013035_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

Parting Shot !

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-img202403171500525.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 11:08   #92
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
After a lot of research, finalized HJG Future Eye 4 fog lamps. The biggest advantage of selecting this was their size - which fits perfectly in the slot/grill without any cutting or making holes in it. Slide it in, use 3M double tape and you are done.
Also, the same set of lights have dual colors - white and yellow.

Purchased it via Amit - 8800878716 ( he has a Youtube channel - RideWithResponsibility ) - he ships/couriers pan India.
Cost - 3400

Purchased Minda wiring harness and 3 way switch from Karol Bagh, Delhi.
Wiring Harness Cost - 800
Switch - 200
Installation - 300 ( including extra wire )
Hello, Ptaneja. I intend to install the same system on my Maruti Fronx. Just have some basic questions about this setup.

1. Does this comply with traffic regulations?
2. Is there any affect on car batteries?
3. Does the harness used support flashing?
4. What is your feedback on cities and highways after utilizing them for several months?
Old 24th July 2024, 14:04   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inner_roadster View Post
Hello, Ptaneja. I intend to install the same system on my Maruti Fronx. Just have some basic questions about this setup.

1. Does this comply with traffic regulations?
2. Is there any affect on car batteries?
3. Does the harness used support flashing?
4. What is your feedback on cities and highways after utilizing them for several months?
1. None of the traffic police has stopped me yet for this - be it Haryana, UP, Rajasthan, Chandigarh, HP, Leh & Ladakh

2. On regular usage when the car is running, I don't see any effect. I have not used them in stationary non moving car.

3. Flashing is rather crude - as you'll have to turn off and on the switch repeatedly. Not recommended - the switch will go bad soon in this case.

4. I have 0 issues with it so far. Waterproof and dustproof. Fits the slots nicely - no drilling holes. Gets the job done !
Old 24th July 2024, 14:31   #94
BHPian

Quote:
1. None of the traffic police has stopped me yet for this - be it Haryana, UP, Rajasthan, Chandigarh, HP, Leh & Ladakh

2. On regular usage when the car is running, I don't see any effect. I have not used them in stationary non moving car.

3. Flashing is rather crude - as you'll have to turn off and on the switch repeatedly. Not recommended - the switch will go bad soon in this case.

4. I have 0 issues with it so far. Waterproof and dustproof. Fits the slots nicely - no drilling holes. Gets the job done !
Thank you so much for clearing up all of my doubts. I agree that flashing headlights can be unsafe and distracting for other car drivers by making them less visible.
Old 4th August 2024, 13:33   #95
BHPian

An Update !!

So lately, my Infotainment System started acting strange - also called Ghost Touches - random clicks anywhere on the screen - and happens on random - sometimes nothing happens for 30 mins, and sometimes starts behaving erraticly in 5 mins.

Sample of this nuisance - happened with or without Android Auto -

Tried the following -

1. Changed phone. Updated Android Auto, removed it from Kia System and installed from scratch.
2. Changed data cable - tried it on wireless.
3. Did a reset from within the infotainment system - didn't fixed it, just bought the system back to its defaults.
4. Reset via physical button on the set - still nothing.
5. Removed negative terminal for few mins and checked - no solution.

Visited SC since the car is 2 years 4 months old - but to my surprise the warranty of infotainment system is only for 2 years - and not covered under extended warranty.

Asked the SC technician if a new firmware was available - which he denied stating that it's at the latest release.
The solution by SC was that complete unit will be replaced and would cost approx 42,000rs !

So came back home, and started looking for options who can replace just the screen/folder - and finalised a guy in Karol Bagh, Delhi who will just change the display for 16k approx.

Just as a last resort, visited SC again, and met their GM - and asked him to contact Mobis ( https://hyundaimobisin.com/ ) - OEM manufacturer and Hyundai/Kia parts vendor - these provide the audio units to both companies. Had him speak to their tech team in front of me and they confirmed that a new patch is available and can be tried.

So today, did the upgrade of Infotainment System to latest release, and have driven approx 15 kms post that - the issue has not resurfaced yet !! In case it starts to happen again, then will contact the Karol Bagh guy for screen replacement.

Attaching the old and new versions if someone else is also facing this issue.

Old Version Info -

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-img20240804121615_1.jpg

During Update -

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-img20240804122024.jpg

New Version Info -

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-img20240804125707.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th August 2024 at 13:37. Reason: Corrected. Just enter the YouTube link directly to the editor.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 21:04   #96
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
An Update !!

So lately, my Infotainment System started acting strange
This is a latest niggle from ‘Dearest Kia’. Off late I have seen lot many Sonet & Carens owners posting of similar issues with their AVN unit, primarily the 8” one.

And as in your case, all have been denied warranty post 2 years of reporting this issues. Surprisingly, these units never faced any major issue per se, during the first 2 years of purchase. And now there’s a sea of owners reporting these issues.

Aside, I had a similar issue in my 2015 Creta after nearly 4.5 years. Raised this issue with Hyundai and they were kind enough to cover this under ‘goodwill’ warranty. Albeit it was a refurbished unit, but they did replace it nonetheless.

Sadly, no such thing as ‘goodwill’ warranty exists in Kia’s books and the owners have to make do with their stupid policies.
Old 5th August 2024, 09:21   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Sadly, no such thing as ‘goodwill’ warranty exists in Kia’s books and the owners have to make do with their stupid policies.
Ahhh - forget Goodwill, they don't even allow us to change just the display at 15K - as per them the whole unit at 42K needs to be replaced.
And multiple people at Karol Bagh / Old Delhi still source and have new Kia displays with them - which means that individual products are available, just that Kia doesn't want to lose profit.
Old 5th August 2024, 21:14   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Ghost Touches
Add me to the list. Mine started acting weird off late. Mine is a Feb-2022 manufactured Prestige Plus Diesel manual.

By the way, I would like to ask you about the clicking noise when turning the steering when indicators are used. Does your vehicle have this issue as well? I am pretty sure that my vehicle when new did not have such issues, but 2 different service centres simply labelled this as normal. While not an issue per se, the clicking sound is annoying especially when taking U-turns with indicator on.
Old 6th August 2024, 08:54   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyrider View Post
By the way, I would like to ask you about the clicking noise when turning the steering when indicators are used. Does your vehicle have this issue as well?
The only sound I head is the normal indicator noise - no clicking noise though. When you visit SC next, check any other car parked there for the issue. See if they also face the same noise.
Old 9th August 2024, 21:52   #100
BHPian

Further update to an issue which I had reported to Kia via email.

Started noticing that white DRLs have started turning yellow from corners - both headlights are impacted. Not so much visible in photo, but on seeing them physically yellowing is very much visible.

( Though I have seen many cars opting for this Optical LED DRL setup turning yellow - multiple small white LEDs are not impacted - for example pre facelift Kia Sonet )

Opened up a support ticket with Kia for replacement of both headlamps in warranty. Replacement headlights were available in a day and I got them changed. Coated approx 50k for both !!
And I had the service centre change the halogen bulbs to White Blaunpunct LED lights - and they confirmed verbally that they'll change it for me and it's not a warranty issue.

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-img202408022057522.jpg

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-img202408071426132.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 13:14   #101
BHPian

One more update !!

Lately I started noticing increase in ambient temperature being displayed in MID. With temperature soaring around 45 deg celcius, the MID showed a temperature of around 60+ degrees.

Talked to SC and they indeed have seen these issues and have receieved a memo from Kia and a workaround to move the sensor to a new location.

While getting the headlights changed, had them work on this issue too. The sensor was moved from square box to lower down and tied down.
Since then the temperature being displayed is very close to actual ambient temperature.

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-img202406131314222.jpg

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-img202408071431012.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks