Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2022, 12:00   #16
BHPian

Re: Renault Kiger RXZ 1.0 Turbo CVT | Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddarth_Ramani View Post
Agreed to each and every point. Congratulations and wish you many more happy s'miles'. This is an almost perfect car for the money. Alas majority of Indians still ask the neighbour Maruti uncle for suggestion.
haha. You got me there !! Thank you for your wishes. I totally agree on the Triber getting a 1.0 Turbo CVT. That will be quite good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
Got a couple of questions
1.How was the puddle lamp installed? Are the lamps in the door or is it externally fixed?
2.Is there any rubber band effect?
3.Is blue color difficult to maintain
Considering Kiger was a good decision because the options you were considering didn't have good safety.
Glad you liked the review.

Renault Kiger RXZ 1.0 Turbo CVT | Ownership Review-20220521_102415.jpg

1. The puddle lamp unit goes inside the door padding but there is small incision that's done to keep the projector lens out.
2. This is my first CVT so I do not know what a rubberband effect is, but that said, there is no jerk, no feel of gear changes. I have done highways, gradient slopes, crawling traffic and normal city traffic. The only bit is when you just start rolling, there is a slight lag.
3. Better than a black or a dark brown but it will not be as easy as a white or a steel grey shade. I did a complete ceramic coating and PPF in critical areas for some help to maintain. Let's see.
abhisheksircar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 12:04   #17
Team-BHP Support

Nicely done and a great balanced review. One of the few small cars left that has a CVT. And surely that great Renault ride is a good reason to shift. Wish you many happy miles!
ampere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 12:28   #18
BHPian

Kiger is an excellent product and congratulations on a well-written review. One of my neighbors brought a Kiger after my recommendation.
I found the steering great to hold and the seat height gives a commanding view. Apart from the slight turbo lag, the drive was butter smooth.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 16:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car! Excellent review and pics!
The Kiger has many good points (I can vouch for them since I have the AMT version). You have chosen the best option- that of the CVT rather than my jerky, slightly asthmatic version.
Here’s wishing you many happy miles!
One major irritating issue to watch out for (and no - I’m not referring to the mud/splashing issue at the rear end) is the extremely audible brake squeal - a daily affair at crawling speed when one slowly applies brakes. I’ve been a victim, and I understand from the service centre here that it is a common problem - something to do with a design flaw in the pads by their supplier. They changed my brake pads (after 4500 kms) and put on those from another supplier (I think it is called Nano) but as predicted by the technician (privately) the issue persists.
wilful is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 17:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Congrats on your new car!

One major irritating issue to watch out for (and no - I’m not referring to the mud/splashing issue at the rear end) is the extremely audible brake squeal
Thank you !!

I did notice that break squeal but it's very sporadic. I have noticed that it came only in the morning when the car starts but over the time as the brake pad heats up, it's not there. It could be an incorrect inference but you are right, I did notice it a just couple of times. Hope it does not persist or become worse over time. I'll keep a watch out and update.

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 21st May 2022 at 17:31.
abhisheksircar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 19:01   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car. The Kiger is a very good car with excellent engine gearbox combo and superb handling. I did a test drive of the Kiger CVT last Sunday and was surprised by the superb drivability of the car. The power delivery was very good and the suspension tuning was also very good. Had almost finalized the car but lack of ESP, TCS and Hill hold were a deal breaker.

Wishing you many many happy miles with your ride.
shekjsk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 19:39   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekjsk View Post
The power delivery was very good and the suspension tuning was also very good. Had almost finalized the car but lack of ESP, TCS and Hill hold were a deal breaker.
Thank you. I loved the handling too for something in this segment. ESP, TCS and Hillhold, the framework supports as the Magnite has it but alas, no one wants to make a perfect car and even if they make, it's more than the 'competition' without realizing that it's perfect and then no sales. Chicken and egg situation. I think the one getting exported to South Africa has ESP, atleast in Turbo variants.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 08:08   #23
BHPian

Congratulations Abhishek, your detailed thread shows how mighty impressed you are with the car. Rating the thread 5 stars.

As you mentioned about the impeccable Duster, I fell in love with the turbo petrol engine and superb suspension of it when I test drove. But sadly couldn't acquire it because of handling charges imposed by Renault. Recently I heard they have stopped charging this component. Is it true?

Did you opt for extended warranty? If you can share on road price with components it will be helpful

A CVT other than Honda Amaze is truly important in this domain. How about the ingress egress in rear bench Abhishek? Do you recommend for elders?

I liked the key fob and cover. It again reminds me of Duster TD that in top model they did not give a push button start.
Things have surely changed.
livetodrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 12:31   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetodrive View Post
Congratulations Abhishek, your detailed thread shows how mighty impressed you are with the car. Rating the thread 5 stars.
Thank you

Quote:
But sadly couldn't acquire it because of handling charges imposed by Renault. Recently I heard they have stopped charging this component. Is it true?
That's true. Handling charges are not imposed by any dealer now. I think there was a court ruling against it somewhere. That said, dealers always find a way to make that little extra. It's insurance these days.

Quote:
Did you opt for extended warranty? If you can share on road price with components it will be helpful
Renault Kiger RXZ 1.0 Turbo CVT | Ownership Review-2022_04_155_17pmofficelens_220522_115941.jpg

Few points to note in this.

1. You can always take a different insurance. What was offered and I took it just for peace of mind, although was quite expensive was a 3 years insurance where the 2nd and 3rd year is just 3rd party. So I have to renew again next year for comprehensive. That said, the dealer showed me instances where Renault has provided 60% discount on the renewal making this 50k come down to 16 or so. I'll keep the thread updated.
2. Extended warranty now keeps the car under warranty till 2027.
3. EasyCare sounds too good to be true and I really need to see the catch. By paying around 15k, I have no further expenses on service for the next 3 years. Consumables are also covered. Wear and Tear is on me. Rest is all covered. I presume other manufacturers are also provided similar options these days.
4. We had got a corporate discount.
5. Standard accessories include mudflaps, mat, car over etc which you can opt out for as well or selectively go for what you want.
6. Fast tag, you get Rs.150/- of recharge after paying 500. Rest is administrative charges
7. I had opted for additional accessories which gets added in the price.

Quote:
How about the ingress egress in rear bench Abhishek? Do you recommend for elders?
For elders, this is better than the sedans where you have to sit down a bit. This is a straight walk in and out. More convenient for elders although height also plays a factor. Around 5'2"+ should be fine.

My Renault App

We were introduced to the My Renault app by our sales representative, Nanda. These days almost all manufacturers have this and it's quite convenient. While service schedules, car details etc is good, what I like is the extensive manual on the car which is quite helpful to search and work on.

Renault Kiger RXZ 1.0 Turbo CVT | Ownership Review-screenshot_20220522114315_myrenault.jpg

Renault Kiger RXZ 1.0 Turbo CVT | Ownership Review-screenshot_20220522114638_myrenault.jpg
Old 22nd May 2022, 14:40   #25

Hi,

Since hill hold is not available,how does it behave on slopes or inclines (like flyovers). Does it rollback ? Do you have to use the hand brake and accelerator method ?

Thanks
Jasraj
Old 22nd May 2022, 19:14   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasraj_jog View Post
Since hill hold is not available,how does it behave on slopes or inclines (like flyovers). Does it rollback ? Do you have to use the hand brake and accelerator method ?
I usually drive manuals and sometimes drove the previous Celerio AMT in the last 7 years which was barebone. Never had an issue as such. Flyovers and all is no issue at all. In general when you are in D, the car is willing to go ahead in most inclines (Parking ramps, flyover etc) even without engaging the accelerator, just pressing the brakes is enough to stop from moving ahead and leaving the brakes makes it move. These automatics in general are not a free roll backwards in Drive mode but in steep inclines it could be a botheration but in my last 500 kms of driving the Kiger with some sporadic inclines, there was no issue at all and never faced the lack of of Hill Hold. I'll consciously notice as to how am I handling inclines

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 22nd May 2022 at 19:31.
Old 22nd May 2022, 21:23   #27
BHPian

Re: The Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
Attachment 2310436

I was surprised by the finesse of the gear box when I drove the Magnite for the first time and this translated to the Kiger as well. I did not drive the Magnite for long but with the Kiger it's now around 250 kms and I am quite impressed

The Feel Factor : The car feels and behaves like a segment higher. It's does not restrict itself to be like a compact SUV. The sitting posture, the space available is quite good.

The Engine : 1.0 Turbo producing about 100 bhp, this engine does not feel stressed while in the highway or overtaking. Although I definitely feel that there is a turbo lag in lower RPMs. Once you are past that, it's a breeze with this engine just cruising away, literally !!

The Gearbox : This CVT box mated to a 1.0 turbo is a beauty. Not once in this 450 kms did I feel the gear shifts. It's not different from any other car having CVT but someone coming from the AMT lineage is pleasantly surprised. I had read somewhere that it's just a fuss of the CVT over the AMT, it's not. CVT is much more refined although not a new breakthrough technology.

The Suspension : I personally love this bit. It takes in bad roads pretty nicely and has a very well balanced suspension setup. It definitely has learnt from the duster. I have compared similar patches of road in different vehicles ranging from Sedans, to hatchbacks, to compact SUVs an

The Steering : The steering is slightly on the heavy side
Only part I disagree, otherwise a great report.

For sure the steering is not one finger light but it is still very light I think. I could easily drive around it with single hand including U Turns. It was so easy that my wife gained a few ounces of confidence when compared to driving our Am
theabstractmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 21:42   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theabstractmind View Post
For sure the steering is not one finger light but it is still very light I think. I could easily drive around it with single hand including U Turns. It was so easy that my wife gained a few ounces of confidence when compared to driving our Am
I am with you on this It's just that I get so fed up with the cars these days which make the feel almost synthetic like a video game while with the Kiger I felt it had a good feedback and feel which is slightly heavier and more realistic to the real world. It for sure is very easy to maneuver single handedly. It felt like driving a car rather than being in a video game. So the bit of heaviness/firmness it has is for good reasons.
Old 6th June 2022, 18:26   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by theabstractmind View Post
Only part I disagree, otherwise a great report.

Steering is very light. We have both Kiger and Brezza and Brezza's is a lot heavier than Kiger's.
Old 22nd June 2022, 08:11   #30
BHPian

Great review and congratulations on your purchase, I am also considering the same variant in Bangalore. Can you please let me know about the AC performance for the backseat passengers? I found that to be lacking when i test drove it for the first time, Have you installed any sunfilim? Also for the Puddle lamp and illuminated door sills, was it done using couplers or was there any splicing of wires involved?

Thanks in advance.
Knight Rider is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks