Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2022, 13:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Bought a pre-owned 2008 Toyota Corolla | Initial impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pta320 View Post

The dealership that I bought car from is one of the best dealerships in the city
Which dealer is this? This dealership also deals with the 3 Big Germans?
Old 5th April 2022, 13:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by casnov View Post
Which dealer is this? This dealership also deals with the 3 Big Germans?
Hi, check your DM regarding this.

Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 17:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustine View Post
Congratulations Buddy !!. Looking beautiful. I too own a 2004 Corolla since 2017 and no plan to change in near future. It's a fantastic car. It is favourite for everybody in my Family, and friends love it.
A great Highway cruiser, just munches miles with ease keeping occupants cocooned in comfort, even if it is 5 onboard + luggage. Overtaking is effortless no matter city or highway. It is a car having fantastic capabilities, capable of doing all things, which you will experience only if you own it.
Yeah I have quite literally shifted my home on my 2003 Corolla over a 2 day 1600km road trip and that thing can easily do higher triple digit speeds with ease even with so much added load. Needless to say I have still retained my older Corolla and will reserve it for city use.
pta320 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 20:00   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pta320 View Post
Yeah I have quite literally shifted my home on my 2003 Corolla over a 2 day 1600km road trip and that thing can easily do higher triple digit speeds with ease even with so much added load. Needless to say I have still retained my older Corolla and will reserve it for city use.
I've done various highway trips in my car to Chennai, Tirunelveli, Goa various times from Mumbai. Was impressed on every trip. I' ve driven continuously at good speeds between Hubli and Bangalore stretch. It was rock solid and effortless. This car doesn't know how to sweat . Does all things and behaves as if nothing happened without screaming for any credit or attention.

Don't know how am going to upgrade from this car in future. No wonder why it is the largest number of car sold.

Thanks pta320 for giving me a chance to express some of my experience with my car. The list is endless. Sometimes I feel that I don't even own a car. It is that trouble free and comfortable and makes all things just happen.

Soon I will also share the things I installed in my car.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th August 2022 at 18:19. Reason: Spacing, mention of illegal speeds
Augustine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 23:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustine View Post
I've done various highway trips in my car to Chennai, Tirunelveli, Goa various times from Mumbai. Was impressed on every trip. I' ve driven continuously at good speeds between Hubli and Bangalore stretch. It was rock solid and effortless. This car doesn't know how to sweat . Does all things and behaves as if nothing happened without screaming for any credit or attention.

Don't know how am going to upgrade from this car in future. No wonder why it is the largest number of car sold.

Thanks pta320 for giving me a chance to express some of my experience with my car. The list is endless. Sometimes I feel that I don't even own a car. It is that trouble free and comfortable and makes all things just happen.

Soon I will also share the things I installed in my car.
Looking forward to see a dedicated thread from you in the future. Such high quality well built cars like 9th gen Corolla simply defy the term 'age'.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th August 2022 at 18:19. Reason: Quoted text edited
pta320 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 03:58   #21

Congrats on the purchase. Looking for something on a similar range for my dad. Curious, was your previous corolla an automatic? Could you share the dealership info?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 6th April 2022 at 04:14. Reason: Corrected punctuation.
Old 6th April 2022, 09:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock* View Post
Congrats on the purchase. Looking for something on a similar range for my dad. Curious, was your previous corolla an automatic? Could you share the dealership info?
The previous one is manual transmission. I haven't sold it yet, I might just keep it. As far as dealership is concerned, I did not buy the car in Bangalore, please DM me to know more details.

Last edited by pta320 : 6th April 2022 at 09:30.
Old 9th April 2022, 12:39   #23

This generation of Corolla was the best!
We bought it in '07 and drove it 2L+ kms. The car never missed a beat in 15 years. We only sold it earlier this year due to the 15 years rule in NCT. My dad loved it so much that he drove her till the last day and could not find any replacement in the same segment. We finally settled on another Toyota - Innova Crysta as the replacement because there wasn't a true successor to this generation of Corolla in the market.
bhavye.31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 18:40   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavye.31 View Post
This generation of Corolla was the best!
We bought it in '07 and drove it 2L+ kms. The car never missed a beat in 15 years. We only sold it earlier this year due to the 15 years rule in NCT. My dad loved it so much that he drove her till the last day and could not find any replacement in the same segment. We finally settled on another Toyota - Innova Crysta as the replacement because there wasn't a true successor to this generation of Corolla in the market.
So sad to see you sell this car due to stupid NCT rule. It's true that it's very difficult to find a replacement for Corolla in today's time. Very few cars in this price range offer so much and of so good quality. All I see is plasticky interiors and small 3 cylinder turbocharged rubbish these days.
Old 3rd July 2022, 17:47   #25
BANNED

Used Toyota Corolla Altis ownership review

Brand: 2008 Toyota Corolla Altis VL automatic 1.8j

Generally when it comes to a Toyota ofcourse it's dn reliable and comfortable.Toyota builds are solid, efficient, and reliable vehicles, The majority of their models do well in consumer testing due to their refined powertrains, good fuel economy, comfortable rides, quiet cabins, and intuitive controls

Exterior: With the bizzare red colour the Corolla Altis comes with automatic headlights with HID lamps and headlight washers. The headlights look impressive and overall it is obvious that the Corolla is inspired by its elder sibling the Toyota Camry.

Attachment 2328645

Interior: Getting into the drivers seat, one is greeted by the plush interiors, with a lot of attention to detail. The steering has a wooden finish, which looks great. Steering wheel is slightly smaller compared to the old Toyota Corolla with quite a few buttons and controls giving it a high tech feel.

Bought a pre-owned 2008 Toyota Corolla | Initial impressions-img20220703wa0012.jpg

Ride and Handling: The ride of the Corolla Altis was decently good. The car does not turn in sharply at high seeds but was well balanced with very little tendency to oversteer.

Performance: The 1.8 litre VVTI engine produces 132 PS at 6000 RPM. The engine accelerates well with good gear ratios. However, the car feels slightly sluggish from 0–100. Low end performance is good but the engine becomes slightly audible and rough when the revvs rise. Lower end torque for a petrol is good but we would have liked more power.

Pros:
•Good quality audio system
•Attention to detail
•Light steering with multi information display
•Superb Toyota build quality
•Engine well refined and smooth
•Awesome interiors.

Cons:
•Headroom
•Drivers seat in the rearmost position slightly cramped for tall drivers.
•No black colour
•Too much expensive to maintain.

My experience:
To tell it's good car in looks, performance, luxurious,and safety.Im the guy who often drives like there is no tomorrow.This car has the "potential to pull out instant performance at any gears".But on a fine afternoon i met a small accident with etios guy,who did not put on his blinkers while turning left on the highway*.I had crashed on the front ,both the headlights popped out and Bonet scratched.Hopefully nothing happened to anyone in the car. Toyota billed me around 1.5 lakhs for new front bumper and pair of headlights with service cost,which was the main reason to sell the car. This car was too expensive to maintain.
B.Trilok Chand is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 22:10   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Used Toyota Corolla Altis ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Trilok Chand View Post
Toyota billed me around 1.5 lakhs for new front bumper and pair of headlights with service cost,which was the main reason to sell the car. This car was too expensive to maintain.
Toyota in India is a rip off when it comes to accident repairs.Even today, the HID auto levelling headlamp is listed at over 80K a piece at Boodmo.

All Toyota owners should make themselves aware of this. Insurance notwithstanding, unless the car is relatively new you may pay through your nose in case your vehicle experiences an accident.
R2D2 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 00:00   #27
BHPian

These are just my views and I am not sure if these are too harsh but apologies if anyone finds it harsh. And, this might go a teeny bit

Reading this, I wonder what difference remains between a Toyota and a VW? Toyota built it's brand image as a reliable and low maintenance car. While the former still holds true, these prices are as good as a DSG repair in a VW or even more maybe. I am not sure if the service costs are similar too now, as both Innova and Fortuner's prices have seen ballistic and unrealistic hikes in past few months/years. Long gone are the days when one could buy a top end Innova for 8L on road. It would be interesting to see Toyota owners preferring Germans if the costs of ownership equates as honestly, it's a known fact that Innova excels in Comfort, space, sofa like seats and reliability with a sense of luxury and that's pretty much about it. I am not even sure why urban buyers not going to do offroading are purchasing a 55L+ Fortuner at this moment. Both of these cars were a game changer and an absolute stunner back in 2016 when they were showcased at the auto expo and launched somewhere around May. But in 2022 with these extreme price hikes, having close to no feature additions in the Innova since 2016 except a minor change in the front bumper, addition of wireless AA and AC and new shades of upholstery, the equation is hard to justify. The only benefit that Toyota owners can possibly enjoy after spending this much amount is the resale value.

Atleast, if I am not wrong, the Polo and Vento costed less than 10-12L ex-showroom with or without discounts throughout it's life cycle and it got frequent refreshes, be it limited edition models, newer engines or minor variant jiggles. Innova has nothing going for it. I am huge fan of Japanese brands, but at a macro level, these brands in 2022 in India aren't very proactive in bringing newer stuff or competing. Honda had it's golden era between 2004-2012 with amazing models and competitive pricing. Toyota is playing on demand of their existing vehicles. Mitsubishi left India after providing it with some of the best Japanese vehicles like the Cedia, Pajero, Outlander, Lancer, etc. I am not a big fan of cheaply built Maruti Suzuki cars (My experience and some in my neighborhood are not very pleasant) sold by Toyota. I wished they brought that S-Cross level quality with a touch of european finesse and solidity in these newer launches. Though I really like the Hybrid powertrain being offered by Toyota. Moreover, after reading this I honestly wonder why would someone buy these Maruti Suzuki cars from Toyota if they start charging more for repairs or services just because of the Toyota badge. And if not that too, how high will be the service or repair costs of the hybrid powertrain as it's more complex than a normal ICE car?
FrAgile is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks