Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2022, 21:55   #46
BHPian

Re: My first car is a BMW 6-Series GT 630d!

Phew !! Congrats !! this I must say is the mother of all upgrades Wish you thousands of miles of safe and pleasurable motoring... and here, I'am thinking of a downgrade from my Corolla given the pathetic traffic in my home city . You sure have set me thinking , but I don't see myself making such a giant leap ... kudos once again
gops2009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 22:56   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKRiVAL View Post
Congratulations on getting the most practical upgrade from the bmw stable along with a fun to drive engine gearbox combo. Btw how was the showroom guys reaction when you went to TD the car in your maruti 800. 😄
We went in my TVS Victor to all the showrooms. But that did not impact the service I received. Atleast not in chennai. I had good experience with most of the dealers. And I summoned most of the luxury brands to my flat. May be that's why I missed that experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amolathalye View Post
Hearty Congratulations Rachet! Wow !!! , your thread will keep many readers wondering for ever .... I am one of them for sure.

I have few questions as I am too curious to understand this phenomena. You may completely avoid to answer if you don't find them appropriate.

1) Maruti 800 and BMW 6-Series GT 630 d have only "one" thing common in them and that is both are cars , how did you manage to gather courage to change your profile of spending , lifestyle , driving etc. so much without any hesitation.

2) If you have managed to buy such an expensive car now then I am sure you had enough funds earlier also to buy less expensive but much better ( than M800 ) cars in the past , it would be interesting to know what stopped you then.

3) How your parents , relatives ,neighbors , friends are reacting to expensive acquisition of yours
1. I always dreamt big and luckily I had that patience to wait till I can get the car I wanted. There are many people who can easily afford luxury cars among us but they are not comfortable spending it on cars. I do not differentiate like that. I like to spend on what I need and what can make me happy. But I will plan and wait for the right time.
2. I think I answered your second question as well in the first itself. I wanted something special for me and my family and I had the patience to wait for the right time. And I had no intention to buy something which would make me bored pretty quick.
3. Well, some were happy , some where shocked . Why talk about them, it took me days to accept the fact that I own a 6 GT .
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
Amazing story and what a car! Congratulations and enjoy.

One question on GC of 520/530d. How does 5 compare to your 6GT on the roads you test drove them?
If you are just comparing the driving experience then I feel like 530d score a bit high over the 630d. Because 5 is a bit small and lighter car when compared to the 6. Can give you better efficiency as well. You cannot find any other differences on normal driving. You might find some slight differences between the two if you push the two to their limits which I had no reason to do. For me the 6 scored better in all the other departments.
Rachet is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 00:10   #48

Congratulation Rachet and All the Best!
If I can guess and say, one of the reasons for picking up Bernina Grey color is keeping your Gem (Maruti 800) in mind. Hope I am correct
Rālugāyi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 01:16   #49
BHPian

Congratulations on upgrading to one hell of a car!

You sir need to be on Tiktok Daniels next video.. "Hey, Excuse me man, I love your car, what do you do for a living ?"
anand.shankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 01:37   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachet View Post
I aimed big from the beginning and made sure I had the patience. I believe in buying something which will not push me in to boredom anytime soon. An interim upgrade would have put me in that situation.

It is fascinating for me when I look back. Like I said, I did not want to get something which would push me to boredom real quick. And when it comes to finance, I planned for this and my wife supported me. Without her support this would have stayed as a dream for some more years.
Many many congratulations!! I share the same story of my first car. My first car was a direct jump from a Honda city to a BMW 520. The thrill is unspeakable no?
I am guessing you will share the same issue which I had faced. How to upgrade!! This gets tricky when we jump the gun and then find it very very difficult to upgrade.

Cheers and many many happy miles.
SN88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 07:46   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Great choice of car and color. Congratulations and I wish you many happy miles with the car.

I think you have test driven around 20 cars and I'm surprised at how spot on you are with your crisp feedback on each one of them. Very well written.

Could you please let us know how long did it take for you to drive all these cars and come to a decision and on an average how much time did you spend with each of these cars?
kiku007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 08:37   #52
BHPian

Fantastic Upgrade and story!
In general most people seem to follow some sort of invisible barrier of "approved" options based on the opinions and biases of their close friends and family. You seem to have broken these barriers!
Also your analysis of various cars seems very original. It looks like you had no initial bias when you started test driving. Normally people already have a choice made in their hearts when they start their test drives.
Considering how reliable and easy to own these Japanese entry level cars are , didn't the long term ownership costs and experience of a luxury German car bother you? Just asking, because this is the biggest mental block I have and wanted to know your thought process on the same.
Memnon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 08:45   #53
BHPian

Beautiful car in great color choice. Thanks for the writeup and congrats the unbelievable upgrade
Can you please share info like OTR cost, mileage etc as well.
coolmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 08:46   #54
BHPian

Wow! That’s a different level of upgrade!
Lovely colour, looks beautiful! I hope you enjoy the car for many many miles! Congratulations! Do share some more pics of this beauty!
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 09:09   #55
BHPian

Congratulations on that wonderful upgrade.

And what an amazing colour. Different from the usual blue and blacks seen on BMWs. Love the GT styling on all BMW GTs compared to the regular series. Been eyeing 3GTs inspite of being discontinued. The sloping roofline, the frameless doors, overall stance of the car is far more sporty and does justice to what a Beemer should be.

You should also add your experience to the other thread on the group about dealer experiences while buying luxury cars....Especially about making an entrance on the TVS Victor !!!

Enjoy your drive and keep sharing. Cheers.
ashishpotdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 09:14   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rālugāyi View Post
Congratulation Rachet and All the Best!
If I can guess and say, one of the reasons for picking up Bernina Grey color is keeping your Gem (Maruti 800) in mind. Hope I am correct
I am kind of minimalistic when it comes to colors. I do not prefer the flashy ones. Grey , White and Black are my favorite colors and I feel like there is a class in them. But this car and in this color looked so good that I didn't have to think twice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Great choice of car and color. Congratulations and I wish you many happy miles with the car.

I think you have test driven around 20 cars and I'm surprised at how spot on you are with your crisp feedback on each one of them. Very well written.

Could you please let us know how long did it take for you to drive all these cars and come to a decision and on an average how much time did you spend with each of these cars?
Before I started test driving the cars, I had done my home work on all the cars. All I needed was to see the cars for real and feel them. It took me approx. 6-7 weekends which converts to 12-14 days to test drive all these cars. And I had spent approx. 2 hours minimum in each car , and even more on some of the cars. I did take my time on each car to closely examine every bit of the machines. I had not shortlisted BMW until I met the 630d. That moment I knew this is exactly what I was looking for and it just annihilated the competition.
Rachet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 09:31   #57
BHPian

Congratulations!!

The grey looks so good on the 6GT. Just a few days ago I happened to spot a brand new unregistered grey 6GT 30d along with a black one near the BMW showroom.

Must say that the grey looked way more attractive than the black one.

6GT and that too in 30d avatar is such an attractive proposition from BMW stable that one can not ignore it after TDing. I am sure it is the reason why Merc is willing to offer discounts on the E class almost round the year.

Wish you many happy miles on it! And please do keep this thread updated as we all would love to see more and more pictures.
the_skyliner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 09:51   #58
BHPian

It is this ability of tbhp members to appreciate a humble M800 and a 6 alike and derive pleasure from both in their unique ways which is extraordinary. Enjoy it in great health and for many many years of trouble free ownership. Huge congratulations
Sumer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 09:59   #59

Congrats man im out of words to describe what a upgrade you've gotten from a 800 to a 630d Gt. I loved the colour and the amazing pictures you have attached as well. Happy mile munching, would to see more updates of your car on this forum.
JwanthGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 10:44   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnon View Post
Fantastic Upgrade and story!
In general most people seem to follow some sort of invisible barrier of "approved" options based on the opinions and biases of their close friends and family. You seem to have broken these barriers!
Also your analysis of various cars seems very original. It looks like you had no initial bias when you started test driving. Normally people already have a choice made in their hearts when they start their test drives.
Considering how reliable and easy to own these Japanese entry level cars are , didn't the long term ownership costs and experience of a luxury German car bother you? Just asking, because this is the biggest mental block I have and wanted to know your thought process on the same.
You are right. Most people would finalize the car from their home and then go for a test drive , which according to me is wrong. It is perfectly alright to be fan of a specific brand. But when you are spending your hard earned money then let your logical mind do the job for you. I was eyeing the new GLA before starting the test drive, but when I test drove the car my whole perspective changed. It lacked many things which mattered to me. Once you realize what you need, then you can see things falling in to places. I believe if you have managed to keep the service package and the warranty on, then you are pretty much sorted. And yes, you definitely end up spending a lot more than the Japanese brands but remember you are buying a race horse and you need give it what it needs to be the race horse. For me I wanted something which would make me happy rather than buying something which fails to excite me for the sake of saving some money. People should get out of the mental block and start enjoying stuffs around them. Provided you plan your finances properly .
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
Beautiful car in great color choice. Thanks for the writeup and congrats the unbelievable upgrade
Can you please share info like OTR cost, mileage etc as well.
The new batch of the 6 is going to cost 2 lakhs more than the 2021 models is what I heard. The Chennai on road cost of the 630d comes to approx.96 lakhs. You end up paying approx.10 lakhs less for a 620d. When it comes to mileage, I use the car for long drives and I was able to clock 15km/l in Eco pro mode driving at 110-120km/h . BMW diesel engines I must say are really efficient and same 3L engine gives better efficiency in a much more lighter 530d. The 2L can do a better job than that in the 3 series.
Rachet is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks