Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2022, 15:27   #46
BHPian

Re: Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
It sure works better in the manual mode. Auto mode let’s in the fresh air and is not ideal for city driving. In hot and humid, there is always more to desire from the Kodiaq AC, and which is where I prefer Vento as the AC performance is far superior. May be it is due to the larger and roomier cabin of Kodiaq. Third row for sure could be avoided in the hot weather, we fold the 2nd row middle seat when my daughter insists on using the third row
Thank you so much for the clarification.

The AC is turning out to be the proverbial thorn in the bear's back.

I'm thinking of ways to device a conclusive test since a cool last row is a must for me. It is used by 2 labradors and they need a very cool cabin to keep their excitement in check.
Old 1st October 2022, 21:13   #47
BHPian

Another 600 kms return journey from Indore today with odo crossing 5k. Complete drive was spirited though in normal mode, but oh Boy! It was fun with mileage 11kmpl. Kodiaq is a complete package with luxury and practicality.
80km/hr dings continue to annoy. Also today while cleaning the interiors, one of the four isofix mount plastic cover came off. It has been loose since the day of purchase.

Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-745bc59961874830ab04f97d3f92351a.jpeg

Got the speeding ticket as well today, DAMN!
Attached Thumbnails
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-02cfa5612de143cab6dc5b8fb2e2c1d2.jpeg  

Jangra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 20:50   #48
BHPian

Today the bear turned 1.
Gave her special treatment by getting her serviced and personally paying attention to each step of the first service.

Ready for her first service
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-img_4030.jpg

In and out of the service center @Mody Skoda Kurla - took 3 hours. I was impressed with the zero-wait time.
Registration was required as it was the first service - 15min.
General check and Oil change – 1 hour
OBD check – 20 min.
Wheel Balancing and Alignment - 30 min
Car Wash - 30min
Payment and check-out – 15 min.

Lame to call this one a spa treatment
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-img_4035.jpg

As I have the service package, only charge was for the wheel alignment
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-first-service.jpg

Tucked Taped and Gorgeous
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-img_4038.jpg

And there you go, while waiting at a red light, bikers obviously have to squeeze their way forward. Her first scar
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-img_4037.jpg

Kodiaq has only run 6k in a year due to the busy 2022 and my preferred Vento rides in the city. Plan to take a road trip to Goa in early March

My Summary of one year with Kodiaq
1. Continues to be a head turner even in Mumbai metro. BMW and Merc owners of my apartment speak to me about it, and one of them bought an L&K variant. It’s silly that L&K is no longer available with those gunmetal alloys. It is very hard to differentiate 2023 vs 2019 Kodiaqs
2. With time mileage in the city has increased from 5-6kmpl to 8-9kmpl
3. Car continues to feel tight and rattle-free.
4. Music system is excellent. But there is no good music to listen to I continue to listen to the same music over and over again.
5. Alcantara material of Sportline still feels like new. It's very unlike what I thought it would be pre-purchase and does not require much maintenance.
6. DSG behavior is far superior to my Vento and is jerk-free at low speeds and speed bumps.
7. It has been a pleasure to own this one.

And lastly, please get this. Long drives are more comfortable when your arms have a place to rest while holding the wheels.
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-img_4027.jpg
Jangra is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 01:46   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Today the bear turned 1.

Kodiaq has only run 6k in a year due to the busy 2022 and my preferred Vento rides in the city. Plan to take a road trip to Goa in early March
Congratulations on completing a year with the Bear!

6k kms figure in a year is better than the 3.4k kms figure that I managed in a year, I’m still at 5.5k kms 6 months later . But these cars are made for those long highway drives, where they feel at home the most! With Mumbai traffic increasing exponentially everyday, due to some or the other road being dug-up or a bridge being closed for repairs, cars like these are never able to stretch their legs within city limits!

Quote:
Gave her special treatment by getting her serviced and personally paying attention to each step of the first service.
That’s the way these machines need to be looked after while being serviced, by standing beside the car and seeing what the service advisor is carrying out! I learnt it the hard way…

Quote:
And there you go, while waiting at a red light, bikers obviously have to squeeze their way forward. Her first scar
Ouch, that must have definitely hurt! Can be solved by painting the affected part of the mirror cap right?

Quote:
Continues to be a head turner even in Mumbai metro. BMW and Merc owners of my apartment speak to me about it, and one of them bought an L&K variant.
Count me as a Kodiaq admirer as well! I haven’t spotted a single Kodiaq Sportline on Mumbai roads, but the facelifted L&Ks I have spotted definitely make me turn back to get another look! The understated design and lines always manage to capture my attention, same with the Škoda Superb as well!

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 19th February 2023 at 01:54.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 11:18   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
But these cars are made for those long highway drives, where they feel at home the most! With Mumbai traffic increasing exponentially everyday, due to some or the other road being dug-up or a bridge being closed for repairs, cars like these are never able to stretch their legs within city limits!
So true. For one, I get extra cautious driving Kodiaq to avoid scratches, that it takes all the fun elements out. Post Metro construction, commute times have almost doubled - with the pace of this construction, feels like our state is building this infrastructure for the next generation and not us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Ouch, that must have definitely hurt! Can be solved by painting the affected part of the mirror cap right?
Yeah, going to treat this one with the permanent marker. Got lucky that it's minor.
Jangra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 18:45   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Today the bear turned 1.

1. Continues to be a head turner even in Mumbai metro. BMW and Merc owners of my apartment speak to me about it, and one of them bought an L&K variant. It’s silly that L&K is no longer available with those gunmetal alloys. It is very hard to differentiate 2023 vs 2019 Kodiaqs
4. Music system is excellent. But there is no good music to listen to I continue to listen to the same music over and over again.
5. Alcantara material of Sportline still feels like new. It's very unlike what I thought it would be pre-purchase and does not require much maintenance.
6. DSG behavior is far superior to my Vento and is jerk-free at low speeds and speed bumps.

And lastly, please get this. Long drives are more comfortable when your arms have a place to rest while holding the wheels.
Attachment 2420052
Congratulations for completing 1 year with the Kodiaq. Great summary.

Good to see your feedback on rattles (rather lack of them) and DSG behavior in Mumbai traffic. Hate rattles and that is what is increasingly making me wanting to switch from the City to a new car far earlier. Your feedback on smoothness of the DSG in Mumbai traffic is relieving as this has been a big concern for me.

Kodiaq has always been a favorite and has been in my heart since last year - really is a head turner. Meets my requirements to the T. However, still unable to pull the trigger rather cut the cheque. Have been in touch with the Sales Advisor from Mody Skoda, Andheri West and understand that the BS6 Phase 2 modification to the engine is coming soon and deliveries should start in Jun/Jul for these. Hopefully, will come to a decision in the next few months. In the mean time, glued to all ownership threads of Kodiaq and also the offical reivew.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 12:07   #52
BHPian

Quote:

Can you please share link for the above mentioned arm/elbow rest cushion, badly need one as my elbows hurts if placed on non-padded door arm rest.
Old 28th February 2023, 15:51   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Great update.

Didn't the engine & cabin air filters were changed?
Old 28th February 2023, 18:49   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by any23 View Post
Can you please share link for the above mentioned arm/elbow rest cushion, badly need one as my elbows hurts if placed on non-padded door arm rest.
I got it in my visit to US - https://www.amazon.com/Elbow-Friend-...%2C1188&sr=8-5

But there are similar products available in India like https://www.amazon.in/CALANDIS-Unive...7590199&sr=8-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Great update.

Didn't the engine & cabin air filters were changed?
Only change was Oil filter, they only cleaned air filters.
Jangra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 07:35   #55
BHPian

Nothing like the morning drives on the Pune Expressway. After many months finally got my Kodiaq to stretch her leg.

On my way to Goa. First time got the mileage hitting 17 in the first 60 kms. Will update at the end of trip.

Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-10275d8f6fe94e59a542c9982cfad709.jpeg

Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-586eb9c4b006462199d423930b428380.jpeg
Jangra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 10:43   #56
BHPian

One thing Kodiaq owners get privileged to is, "Welcome to the Kodiaq Club". Met a few Kodiaq owners in Goa (locals and tourists) who do not hesitate to approach and want to talk about the car. There must be very few under 50lac car that attracts this attention.

Anyway, about the drive to Goa -

- The car did very well in 12 kms of this stretch. There was never a sense of losing traction. The suspension was just right to glide over @20kmph and hence didnt loose much time.

Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-img_4063.jpg

- Overall mileage was 13 - Can't complain!

Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-img_4075.jpg

- Dil Chahta Hai song never gets old when your destination is just 10 min away
Attached Thumbnails
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-img_4071.jpg  

Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-img_4068.jpg  

Jangra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 14:31   #57
Senior - BHPian

What kind of dash cam have you installed on the windshield and did you hardwire it or using the 12v socket? Would love to know about the set up as I am keen to do it too.
Old 3rd March 2023, 20:41   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
What kind of dash cam have you installed on the windshield and did you hardwire it or using the 12v socket? Would love to know about the set up as I am keen to do it too.
I got the 70mai Pro Plus A500S (only front camera) and using 12v socket. Self-installed through roof liner, A-pillar, under the dash behind glove box.
After turning the engine off, 12v socket in Kodiaq continue to power the dashcam until the battery voltage dip below a certain level, so I plug the and unplug the charger accordingly. Now have built a muscle memory every time I start and end my trip. Camera does come with its own battery and when the source of power cuts, it activates the surveillance feature and records for 1 min when it monitors and any movement.
Jangra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 20:05   #59
BHPian

Drove to Pune this weekend and did some offroading along the way. Happy to report that Bear performed seamlessly. Never felt the loss of traction, and the suspension behaved superbly! (My Kodiaq doesn't have the dynamic chassis)

Kodiaq has cross 8.5k mark,

The Good and the Greats.

- Enough spoken on the ride and handling, and nothing changed - still a fast SUV with a planted ride and handling
- I still can't get enough of how she looks. I quoted and stand by it - "Best car a 50lac can buy" right now.
- I raised a concern in my 2k kms report regarding the loud transmission CLANK noise in the gear D4-5-6. Happy to report that I have not heard it in the last 3,000 km. Concluding that transmission needed some running in.
- In the last 2,000 kms, the car has amazed me with its Mileage. Long-term mileage being 11+, can't ask for more.
- Still rattle-free, the only time I hear a rattle from the sun roof is on the rumble strips with speed over 80kmph
- Alcantara seats are very comfortable and never too warm. I'm also pretty amazed with its low maintenance, in my initial impression, I stated that these will be high on maintenance and will constantly require upkeep.
- Map view on the cockpit looks dope!
- My office colleagues never stop to compliment the cabin of this beauty about the space and luxury
- Music system - Enough said! Wireless Apple Carplay and Android music connects seamlessly.
-

The Not so Good

- Kodiaq has an impressive 0-100, but the power delivery is very linear. I kind of feel it could use a few more horses
- Glove box. It's meant for tiny items, cant even hold 2 of sunglasses.
- It shuts off the power supply of 12v cig lighter causing my dashcam to "emergency mode". I guess it shuts off below a specified battery voltage level - should be a good preventive measure though!
- Wireless charger is a joke and in fact inconvenient. I use it to just place my cellphone with the screen down so it cannot charge. 30 min of wireless charging makes my iPhone so hot that it shuts off
- I'm still a sedan guy in my heart and this is an SUV (crossover) with a chair-like seats as suppose to the lounge-like recliner of a sedan
- My variant OTR price as of today is almost five lakhs more expensive than what I paid. That's not fair to the buyers.

SOme good angles below

Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-img_4365.jpg
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-img_4366.jpg
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-img_4367.jpg
Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-img_4369-1.jpg

And the impressive mileage

Welcoming my pride | 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Sportline Review-img_4336.jpg
Jangra is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 15:27   #60
BHPian

Quote:

- Wireless charger is a joke and in fact inconvenient. I use it to just place my cellphone with the screen down so it cannot charge. 30 min of wireless charging makes my iPhone so hot that it shuts off
Hi Jangra congratulations for the Kodiaq. I wanted to know one thing regarding your wireless charging pad. Is your phone smaller than the pad? If yes then don’t charge it while driving because in that case the phone continuously moves causing the charging coil to shift and to maintain power the phone draws more electricity causing it to heat up. This is a common issue in Audi cars and the company released the a service bulletin for the same. Attaching the link below to the service bulletin.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...99217-0001.pdf

And if this is not the case then drop a word to Skoda they might have a fix or would come up with one.
AROO7 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks