Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2022, 15:13   #16
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Tata Tiago XT Petrol | 1-year ownership review

@saurabh - how's your experience with the sunfilm? also, how much did it cost?
Old 4th July 2022, 18:09   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider24 View Post
@saurabhgupta710 I am happy to announce that I have booked a Grey Tata Tiago XZA+ for my father at my hometown of Chhatarpur in M.P. There is only a cash discount of 10k + corporate Discount of 2.5k promised by SA subject to announcement from Tata in the month of delivery as it is directly from TaMo Only. He also has assured some discount in accessories.

One question- am I supposed to get any SMS or WhatsApp message from Tata motors confirming the booking? or do I rely on word of SA for updates? as a precaution I have asked SA to share all the details and agreed terms from his official email ID, that should cover any unforeseen events. also any points to be taken care during booking that you can suggest?

4 years back when I rejected Tiago as my own car in Pune, it was partly because of Handling charges of Rs.10k being part of quote which they refused to waive & I was adamant on not paying it. However this time as a pleasant surprise, handling charges were by default not part of the quote I received. Also SA said he was cool with us getting our own insurance in case they are unable to match it. Booking experience So far is good .

Extremely sorry for the delay/
1- Re: Booking, i only recvd. an email confirmation from KHT saying thank you for booking and model/make selected nothing else and nothing from TM. You need to rely on SA for updates. Please keep pestering for updates every 2-3 days.
2- Any price protection/hike/discounts/deals, offers/Insurance covers, etc: get everything in written. dont rely on verbatim alone.
saurabhgupta710 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 18:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
@saurabh - how's your experience with the sunfilm? also, how much did it cost?
I opted for Garware Sunfilms with 70% VLT for the 4 windows and rear windshield. with magnetic sunshades (from Elegant retail) the sunfilm works great, and i can feel a noticeable drop in temperature.
Even on the glass alone, i can feel the difference when i compare it to the front windshield in the afternoon hours. There's a good drop.

I spent about 3.5K. The sunfilm works good. However, the LHS co-passenger film has come off from one end, though not causing any trouble thusfar but not a good thing. The vendor has promised to replace it. Will update once i get it replaced.
Old 11th July 2022, 15:12   #19
BHPian

15,000 / 20,000 KM Update:

Completed a ~4300KM long home-run road trip across the country with Titli. Please click here to read in detail. (Titli & Toothless: Home Coming, a Spiritual Journey).

This will always hold a special place in my life, in my heart!

Tata Tiago XT Petrol | 1-year ownership review-whatsapp-image-20220710-11.32.09-am.jpeg

Also, got the 4th services done, upon return from this trip.
At the start of the trip, the ODO was ~ 13.6K Km & !18K Km on the end of the trip.

The ODO, as of date ~ 18.5K Km.

Recently got these new wheel rim covers from Prigan (ordered through their website):

Tata Tiago XT Petrol | 1-year ownership review-pxl_20220705_135211183.night.jpg

Last edited by saurabhgupta710 : 11th July 2022 at 15:21.
Old 13th October 2022, 17:35   #20
BHPian

Just warming up - 25000 KM Update

25,000 KM Update

As i type this, the ODO has just kissed the 25K Km mark and Toothless is running perfect with the driver(s) and passengers being content, all the freaking time!

Finally, around 3rd week of September, after a lot of research and reviews, Toothless has finally got the IPHCar M16 Bi-Led projector foglights setup installed and running, right before undertaking a long roadtrip.

Ordered directly from AES India/Mr. Amit and got it installed locally through one of his mechanics in Bangalore.

Tata Tiago XT Petrol | 1-year ownership review-pxl_20220923_032021408.mp.jpg

Visited my wife's hometown to celebrate Durga Puja and...(will tell this a bit later)

Started from Bangalore on 30th Sep, in the evening and halted at Hyderabad...next day started from Hyderabad early in the morning and reached Jabalpur by around 9.30pm.

The Hinghanghat and surrounding patch of the highway is in worst condition, ended up with the front rims having a bent and a puncture.

Toothless - happily posing somewhere in the Pench, enroute Jabalpur.

Tata Tiago XT Petrol | 1-year ownership review-img20221001wa0016.jpg

Around Pench, found a bunk with tyre service attached. Got the bent tyre replaced with Stephny and air filled in the other 3 tyres.

Straight, dashing into the Pujo pandal to seek blessings and convey our thank you to the Almighty!

Tata Tiago XT Petrol | 1-year ownership review-pxl_20221001_162834241.mp.jpg

Watched Ram-Leela and Ravan dehan (buring of Ravan) - probably after 15-16years!

Tata Tiago XT Petrol | 1-year ownership review-pxl_20221005_160836693.mp.jpg

Tata Tiago XT Petrol | 1-year ownership review-pxl_20221005_161122752.jpg
Happy Dusshera to all the TBH family!

6th of Oct:
Post the 3-4days of festivities, it was time to do the evening Jungle Safari at Bandhavgarh. I had booked permits online for Tala Gate - one of the core zones for my first ever Safari...and boy! it was worth the experience.
Though did not get to witness the big cats, but were blessed with a quick sighting of a Leopard.

Tata Tiago XT Petrol | 1-year ownership review-pxl_20221006_090535707.mp.jpg
Your's truly!

Post the safari, it was a night-drive from Bandhavgarh to Jabalpur and the lights setup was perfect. Be aware of the cattles let loose on the highways, yes, you read it right. Lots and lots of cattles are there on the road (and their poop and piss, combined with rain is a challenge).

The next day was a rest day, to gear up for the drive back home.

8th & 9th Oct -
Saturday morning, started at 6.40am from Jabalpur and reached Hyderabad around 10 PM. The rains had got us slowed down.
Had booked a hotel on the go, closer to the Bangalore exit. Reached the hotel, checked-in..called for some dinner and crashed for the night.

On this trip, Toothless munched about ~ 3600KM very easily.

The next day, was an uneventful drive back to Bangalore.

On returning back home, the next day Toothless was sent for 5th Service (30K Km or the 2yr service, as per manual, as we had crossed 15K since the last oil change) to prepare it for the roads ahead.

That's all for now!
saurabhgupta710 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 14:50   #21
BHPian

Hi, have you ever explored the option to install any underbody engine cover or engine guard?

My father has an XZA+ barely 6 months old , yesterday some stone entered into the engine area and damaged the compressor belt & alternator belt. Its getting covered under warranty as of now so no worries but to prevent such in incidents in future I am searching for a engine guard like part.

Are you aware if it exist even if it's an aftermarket part?
Old 6th November 2023, 16:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider24 View Post
Hi, have you ever explored the option to install any underbody engine cover or engine guard?

My father has an XZA+ barely 6 months old , yesterday some stone entered into the engine area and damaged the compressor belt & alternator belt. Its getting covered under warranty as of now so no worries but to prevent such in incidents in future I am searching for a engine guard like part.

Are you aware if it exist even if it's an aftermarket part?
Extremely sorry for the delayed response, I'm generally on ghost mode on this forum. No, i do not have one.
Recently came across RogerAbs absorbers that help retain the ground clearance, maybe worth a look.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks