Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2024, 13:00   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV7OO AX7L AWD | 80,000 km up!

And to top it up, the pictures with windmills in background

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV7OO AX7L AWD | 80,000 km up!-2.jpeg

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV7OO AX7L AWD | 80,000 km up!-3.jpeg

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV7OO AX7L AWD | 80,000 km up!-4.jpeg

It is a beautiful countryside/ rural roads with superb greenery all around. The canals, streams and lakes make it a perfect setting for leisurely drive in this area!
abirnale is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 16:44   #437
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV7OO AX7L AWD | 80,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
And by the way, the rear left passenger power window has become inoperable with passenger door pad switch as well driver's switch. Most likely the case of conked off power window winding motor!
It has never happened to us before but there is first for everything!

A 25 meters before entering the ASC (Mahindra Chrome Motors) gates, the left rear passenger window was inoperable. Yes, I had tried with child lock, without child lock, from driver door and from the actual passenger door and it was not working! As soon as the SA opened the job card and I started explaining the issue the mysterious Mahindra Baba intervened. The window was operating as usual - as-if I was hallucinating earlier and did not know what I was talking

Anyway, if the JOB card was open, I continued to insist on checking the things which ASC obliged, without sad faces I tell you! [This is why I love them to work on my car - they trust customer and make effort to address issue!] ASC took chance to check the pending recalls if any and cleared all of those questions too. The SA Santhosh and master test driver Manju noticed the suspension creaking sound coming from the rear - they immediately lifted the car and ensured all is well. All it needed was greasing of the bolts and a couple of bolts which had some rust formation in the threads needed to be cleaned. All clear and back on road without any delays!

Again, zero invoice and good ASC experience. I only wish these visits could have been lesser. I see this coming - someday my spouse is going to question me if in the name of service centre visits and car issues I am running any shady business - after all, this is my 33rd official ASC visit

Let's get back on the road!
abirnale is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 13th September 2024, 15:10   #438
BHPian

Quote:
And to top it up, the pictures with windmills in background

It is a beautiful countryside/ rural roads with superb greenery all around. The canals, streams and lakes make it a perfect setting for leisurely drive in this area!
You were there too? We were there around 31st Aug!
normaltusker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2024, 19:21   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

The radio silence continues - nothing new, no updates

A small observation - I failed to note this thing earlier:

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV7OO AX7L AWD | 80,000 km up!-img_0001.png

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV7OO AX7L AWD | 80,000 km up!-img_0002.jpg

If you use Apple maps for navigation, the ICE and MID displays swap the views! One shows turn by turn navigation while the other shows overview route! Thoughtful - you can keep the main screen with overview in the home tile while the turn by turn navigation on the driver's MID console! Oh by the way, I was able to run Apple maps on MID, Google maps on ICE and Radarbot in background - all three set to navigate to same destination! I remember, if you use Mapples in built navigation, the Phone navigation stops or vice-versa. But within phone, you can use whatever you want with as many instances of similar services as you want! I think I will start using Apple Maps more with Radarbot CarPlay subscription version. Google maps somehow in the offline mode/ no-network area are not helpful with iOS. Android is super thoughtful - if you have offline maps downloaded, it works just like when connected, minus live traffic updates.

By the way, with latest iOS 18 (I used to run iOS 18.1 Dev Beta earlier) and the firmware 10.35.21, the connectivity is relatively better/ less disconnections. And apple maps pick the navigation where it was left on last connection.

Last edited by graaja : 23rd September 2024 at 17:45. Reason: As requested
abirnale is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2024, 15:04   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

The weekends are to slow down and there is no better place like the lakes in outskirts of namma Bengaluru to spend the time!

Surprisingly, there are more and more folks gathering at these waterholes with their dope and we don't like our lakes getting spoiled. Seldom we are finding a neat place to unwind and spend without having to worry about smoking and drinking youngsters around us in those lake areas

So now our weekend lake hopping is almost stopped - the last one I can recall:

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV7OO AX7L AWD | 80,000 km up!-img_3390.jpeg

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV7OO AX7L AWD | 80,000 km up!-img_3391.jpeg

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV7OO AX7L AWD | 80,000 km up!-img_3388.jpeg

With almost dry September, the lake water levels are alarming too. Hope things get better soon.
abirnale is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2024, 12:02   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Another day and another ASC visit experience!

I will tell you more about why I am out in this area later but for now, getting to the core of the matter. I am in Durg-Bhilai, CG with #TheRedSparkle. We are nearing the 80K Kms mark and the milestone will be about 500Kms before we return to Bangalore. I was contemplating to get the service done close-by while in CG. Also, the car was already running at 45% DEF capacity. Since I should be anyway refilling it, I thought of visiting Shivnath Automobiles Workshop in Durg-Bhilai. If things go fine, might ask them to service too. Yesterday being Oct 2, they were closed and hence Oct 3rd, today, visited them.

To sum-up the experience: I WON'T GO BACK TO THEM UNLESS AN EMERGENCY..

The staff was unprofessional and lazy, and it took over an hour for a simple DEF refill - by the standards I am spoiled by Chrome Motors in Bangalore, this much time is good enough to do a quick service with oil change! Either Chrome Motors are way ahead in their game or Shivnath ASC is living in different world.

When I arrived at 10am, I was not allowed to enter the premises until exactly 10am. The security issued some paper token - my car was number 5. They will keep you waiting and gate and collect all information, at various places but won't start formally. This is to make sure that they can minimise the time between RO Open to RO Close to showcase stats to higher-ups I believe.

Anyway, after another 10 minutes, an inexperienced SA spent 5 minutes taking photos of my car before finally assigning a technician. She didn't even know how to check the DEF level - to add to the Job Card for requirement to procure DEF cans from Store! I tried telling her what's the exact DEF need, but she didn't want to listen to me. If the DEF level is at 45%, 12 ltrs is good enough for XUV7OO. We don't really need to keep 100% level anyway - so even 10 will do! Glad, she didn't ask the CoTek to come and measure exact DEF level using their computer!

After some more time, a technician was assigned, who had tobacco in his mouth and unable to utter a word, at his own pace procured two DEF cans. He literally struggled to open the DEF can and attach the funnel pipe to fill in car. After spilling DEF on the car body and using their dirty hands to fill the tank, I had to intervene and take over. Mind you that DEF is corrosive and not a good idea to spill on the body and leave stains there - to add to woes, the sun here is blasting in high 30 degrees. I asked them to pour some water and wash it down ASAP. Looks like I was talking greek and latin that they didn't understand. I fetched the drinking water bottle from car and washed the stains down.

After filling the tank, I had to wait again for billing because the cashier was not present at desk - must be Tea time. I ended up paying using the QR code stuck on cashier window and waited for some more time. All I needed was a gate pass or an oral confirmation so I could leave! They didn't allow that to happen - I waited for RO closing, gate-pass creation and at the end a lady trying to convince me to give them feedback on DEF refilling! I politely told her - I am going to give you a very bad feedback. And she still insisted to give feedback. In a way I like it - if there is someone who looks at situations/ incidences and wants to make any changes, this feedback will be helpful. Or else it's just another grumpy customer - who cares when they have order book swelling for next 2 years due to Roxx

All of this drama took place between 9.46am to 10.41am! Almost an hour for filling DEF - no wonder why customer dread the M&M, Tata service experiences. By the way, the security guard at the gate was surprised that my car was leaving so early, which speaks to how inefficiently this service station operates.

Long story short - I'm glad that I decided not to get my car serviced at this workshop, and I will be returning to Bangalore or at AMPL Hyderabad for the 80K service.

To M&M - why don't you guys allow the stores to issue the DEF to customer over the counter - do all checks like valid car, note odometer readings, etc. but this doesn't need a typical service process that eats up more than 15 mins for customer. What kind of process or system you have put in place - at least this is what the story at Shivnath was told me that this is normal SOP for them. The process of procuring DEF and filling it should be as simple as you top up fuel - it's no rocket science. Does it need any hi-fi skills? If the general staff can not even fill DEF, how do I trust the workshop to take care of my car well?

This yet another ASC visit could have definitely avoided - if not, at least would have been made easy on customer's part. We have better work to do than sitting in your ASC frequently and spending time on silly things with your general grease-monkeys.

And the staff at Chrome Motors, Bangalore - guys, you are still the best. I have seen you guys taking care of customers even when they did not enter your gates publishing "Janata hai tu koun hu mai". Hats off to you all! May your tribe grow.

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV7OO AX7L AWD | 80,000 km up!-asc.jpg

See you soon again with more exciting update
abirnale is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 4th October 2024, 15:01   #442
Senior - BHPian

Hey Avi, how much did the black front grill cost you? Is this the OEM grill or you painted the silver part over?
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2024, 15:38   #443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Hey Avi, how much did the black front grill cost you? Is this the OEM grill or you painted the silver part over?
To be truthful - 400Rs and 30 mins of time I just asked a sticker guy to cut glossy black sticker form his stock and stick on the grill. That's it!

Cheap thrills you see
abirnale is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2024, 15:45   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To be truthful - 400Rs and 30 mins of time I just asked a sticker guy to cut glossy black sticker form his stock and stick on the grill. That's it!

Cheap thrills you see
Lol, outstanding. I have done that on my current XUV500 but was thinking what to do for upcoming XUV700 cause I have strong liking for the full black grill over those silver lines. Maybe I will do the same as well
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2024, 11:33   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another day and another ASC visit experience!

I will tell you more about why I am out in this area later but for now, getting to the core of the matter. I am in Durg-Bhilai, CG with #TheRedSparkle.
Welcome to my city (CG 07)!!!
What made you travel to Bhilai.

There is a wide gap in the service quality available in metros and tier-3 or smaller cities - mainly because of competetion. In small towns the customer does not have any option. You have to go to the only service centre available near your house, whether you like it or not. Maybe you should have gone to Raipur for the services - I have heard that Shivnath Automobiles Raipur provides much better services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Lol, outstanding. I have done that on my current XUV500 but was thinking what to do for upcoming XUV700 cause I have strong liking for the full black grill over those silver lines. Maybe I will do the same as well
XUV 700 is now availble in full black grill for the Napoli Black colour.
You can try ordering that, but it will be costlier no doubt.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2024, 13:49   #446
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Welcome to my city (CG 07)!!!
What made you travel to Bhilai.
thank you, thank you - knowing you were closer to Tadoba and not in Bhilai, I did not disturb you! I am working with a local IT services provider in Bhilai to help me in my Endevaour. Hence, paid them a visit - better to drive there than just boring flights

80K Kms Update:
When I returned home on Monday this week, the odometer was already showing up 80750 Kms. A click en-route home to pick the 80K number!

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV7OO AX7L AWD | 80,000 km up!-img_0139.jpeg

I couldn't postpone the servicing despite of flooded ASCs. Their ability to cater in peace and provide due attention to car is limited in such crowded times. Again, my trusted ASC - Chrome Motors, prioritised their loyal customer! I was able to secure an appointment for Wednesday for 80K Service - booked a week in advance.

A simple filters change and general inspection is all you need at 20-40-60-80 K kms mark and oil changes at 10-30-50-70-90K kms. Since the beginning #TheRedSparkle always underwent oil change at every 10K kms - 80K was not an exception!

Below is the summary of service:

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV7OO AX7L AWD | 80,000 km up!-80kservice.jpg

The highlights:
  • The service was super quick. The SA Santhosh did not waste any time - the bay was ready as I went there with prior appointment, showed up on time and had full details of work needed relayed ahead of time. The senior technician Hanumantha and his junior buddy (did not ask name - unusual of me), got the car worked just under an hour including oil changes, brake checks, tire rotation, oil change, all filter changes!
  • The resident expert at Chrome, Edrish, oversaw the work and ensured things were done right.
  • We have noted a slight crack due to it's on the rubber packing on the drive shaft that connects the rear wheels with front. Nothing alarming - but we have ordered this part for next time visit to be replaced.

Honestly, I don't understand the logic of filling the engine bay to the brim by M&M without worry for maintenance. In XUV5OO, they had a very awkward placement of headlights - to change the bulb, it would need herculean efforts. in 7OO, they have placed the engine oil filter closest to the firewall, so is the fuel filter placement. Not an easy part to remove and refit. On top of that, the filter caps are designed with plastic hexagonal shaped bolts. Over a period of time and odd placement, it will end up damaged and some day you will need to replace it. Part costs merely 250Rs or so but the hassle of reaching to these odd places and carrying the job eventually delays the service - don't expect the ASCs to serve customers faster than this! With more ROXX on the road, ASCs are going to get flooded and it's going to be a messy affair to maintain the M&M cars now. Another glaring example is the cabin air filter - requires to disassemble the glovebox. If you drop that small finicky plastic tie rod, it would take hours to relocate without removing lot of plastic panels on dash. The engineers may be taking pride on how they are able to fit things in smallest available space but that makes life miserable for owners and technicians who have to put up with these odd designs every day.

It's still super remarkable that Chrome Motors staff - all of them who have so far worked on my car have never taken more than 3 hours to work on car with all kind of work scheduled on the car! This routine oil change is done under an hour! Spectacular - especially the experience of Shivnath is fresh on my mind!

By the way, I recently noticed another thing - the TPMS also highlights the wider gaps in air pressure of two tires, not just too low or puncture situation.

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV7OO AX7L AWD | 80,000 km up!-img_0134.jpeg

Such a nice hefty thing! by the way, this happened after the rear right tire picked a puncture somewhere on the highway near Adilabad!

By the way, a lot os BS 6 cars have shown increased level of engine oil - above the max mark on the dip stick. I have been checking this all the time on #TheRedSparkle - it has never been found to raise the engine oil levels. This happens primarily due to the fuel getting mixed up with oil due to BS6 systems on diesel mills I am told. It is observed more on the cars that don't see highways or high double digit speeds often. #TheRedSparkle always takes longer road to destination or home - 10% non-existing roads, 20% rough and bad roads, 70% black tarmac! Thats one of the primary reason why there are no unexpected issues with this car on DEF, as well as emission systems. The car has never seen regen. It also has never seen - driver drowsiness alert on MID!

And while Procrastinated on creating a new #TheRedSparkle Story of fun part of my trip, posting a video teaser of visit to Melghat - Tipeshwar WLS.

I am positive that, before #TheRedSparkle completes three years, we would cross over 90K kms! Stay tuned for more updates.
abirnale is online now   (24) Thanks
Old 12th October 2024, 17:00   #447
BHPian

Re: Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV7OO AX7L AWD | 80,000 km up!

Happy to see you enjoying your red sparkle to the fullest. Wishing you many more happy miles, 90k and beyond.
harikrishnansp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2024, 15:50   #448
Senior - BHPian

Re: Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV7OO AX7L AWD | 80,000 km up!

Quote:

A simple filters change and general inspection is all you need at 20-40-60-80 K kms mark and oil changes at 10-30-50-70-90K kms. Since the beginning #TheRedSparkle always underwent oil change at every 10K kms - 80K was not an exception!
I am under impression that engine oil change schedule is usually 10k km. In some cars, it could be 15k km but never heard of 20k km interval. Is it unique to 7OO diesel?
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2024, 15:53   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I am under impression that engine oil change schedule is usually 10k km. In some cars, it could be 15k km but never heard of 20k km interval. Is it unique to 7OO diesel?
As far as I know - M&MXUV5OO and now XUV7OO owner's manual mandates this schedule. Engine oil changes every 20K kms on most M&M Engines.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks