Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2023, 22:05   #61
BHPian

Re: Serendipity: Taking home a Pre-owned Tata Hexa XTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveen88 View Post
Hope you are having a wonderful journey with your Hexa. I happened to reach your story when I was in search of owning a pre-owned Hexa and your story inspires me more to own one.
Hi Naveen88!

Thank you for the kind words. Hexa is indeed a wonderful car. Mine is doing well, albeit its usage has seen a dip lately as I was occupied with some work. It is one of the reasons why I have not been able to update this thread. The other reason is that I have nothing but praises for the car and nothing but disappointment from TASS here.

Quote:
I happened to check one in person. It is a 2018 XT manual model with 70k kms on the odo. I did a test drive for few kms and following are my observations.
How much is your usage going to be? 70k kms may or may not be much depending on your usage. If you are likely to hit 1Lac kms with it in less than 2 years, I would suggest to look for a car with lesser clicks on odo. If your usage is not much, 70k should be okay. The underlying point is that you will have to factor all the work that needs to be done on a high mileage Hexa in the purchase decision.

Shreyans_Jain's thread will be of help here (Tata Hexa XTA | Upkeep costs piling up after warranty expired | EDIT: Issues resolved & 140000 km up). Also, please go over Varun_HexaGuy's ownership review here (Tata Hexa XTA : Our new beast in Arizona Blue).

I am aware of few Hexa's which have done more than 1.5 Lac kms so far without any major hiccup. Hexa is a solid car mechanically. The electronics are expensive to replace if they go kaput so please check the riding modes and all features diligently. TASS's lackadaisical attitude is what would be the sore point in ownership and you need to be prepared for that.

My suggestion would be to check the car out when it has not been warmed up. It may present a different story. Keep a diligent eye. If you need help, I can accompany you on a weekend for checking out the car. I am also located in Chennai.

Quote:
I'm not sure if I can go with a Hexa which has already clocked 70k kms. The price they are quoting is 13 lakhs and negotiable.
A newer and less used Hexa would be my choice, although there is nothing wrong with a well kept 70k run car. I have already given my take on this in the paragraph above.

Is the car under extended warranty? And for how long? This should be a major purchase decision in my opinion.

Also, 13 Lacs is high by 1.5 to 2.0 lacs in my opinion, but it's a seller's market now. Do bargain hard. Hexa is not known to have a high resale value.

Lastly, Hexa is a gem of a car but you need to factor the large footprint of this car and the obnoxious traffic here in Chennai. For instance, I prefer to take swift out for city ride than Hexa.

Please let me know if I can be of further help.

Regards,
Prashant
Prashant1286 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 18:47   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashant1286 View Post
Hi Naveen88!

How much is your usage going to be?
Sorry for the delay in reply.
My usage will be very less as I mostly commute and do long rides on my motorcycles. I will be using my car on occasional city commutes and for long trips with friends & family once in 3 months. It will be less than 10k kms in a year.

Thank you for this thread, got an idea about out what kind of running costs we need to look out for an Hexa which is out of warranty.

Quote:
If you need help, I can accompany you on a weekend for checking out the car. I am also located in Chennai.
Highly appreciate your help, It will be really helpful for me in the buying decision.

Quote:
Also, 13 Lacs is high by 1.5 to 2.0 lacs in my opinion, but it's a seller's market now. Do bargain hard. Hexa is not known to have a high resale value.
I had negotiated for 11 lakhs to the dealer and waiting to hear back from them. Meanwhile, trying to get hold of a good mechanic in my friends circle to get the vehicle checked for any niggles and right valuation.
Old 6th July 2024, 22:24   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHPjunkie View Post
Firstly congrats on the purchase of the Hexa. I also am in the same ship as you, got a 2017 Hexa XTA 6 seater in Sept 2021. Mine had 22.5k kms on the odo when I got it. It has become a go to vehicle for my family's outstation trip. It super comfortable on long drives.

With regard to the OVRM, I am guessing they removed the feature in later models. My 2017 Hexa XTA has the feature. A switch above the power OVRM button is provided to close / open the OVRMs.

All in all we all are extremely happy with the purchase. Only hope that TASS doesn't disappoint. Fingers crossed!
I know its been some time since you wrote but I just love hanging around the Hexa threads since I bought a pre owned one myself in 2022! Mine is also a 2017 model and the OVRMs are auto folding. I keep falling in love with it every single day I drive or look at it. The driving position, comfort and sense of safety is unmatchable! I have been super careful with the A-pillar on the driver side which can cause a serious visibility issue while turning- specially in the Mumbai rains with the low beam issue. One question- my best has a 6 seater on the RC but the middle seat is a bench seat. I am confused as to whether that is a modification (was the original a captain seat version?) and if yes, should ir be endorsed on the RC?
Bumblebee22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 09:45   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee22 View Post
One question- my best has a 6 seater on the RC but the middle seat is a bench seat. I am confused as to whether that is a modification (was the original a captain seat version?) and if yes, should ir be endorsed on the RC?
You should get this checked with someone owning the bench version. Mine is a 6 seater mentioned on the RC and is the captain seat variant.
Old 7th July 2024, 10:20   #65

We own a Honda City 2008 and are planning on considering a Hexa as our next tourer. The usual contenders like a fortuner and the innova are either 10+ years old or at a higher asking price. Are the spares of Hexaa as unnavailable as the market is making us believe? What does the annual maintenance end up with a running of 7-10K a year? Does Hexa give us a peaceful ownership experience like a Honnda or Toyota if we have access to good FNG?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks