Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2022, 16:02   #16
BHPian

Re: Serendipity: Taking home a Pre-owned Tata Hexa XTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashant1286 View Post
Parting Thoughts

There are times when we think and then act, while there are times when we act and then think. Buying this car was the latter. It was driven more by the desire to get a Hexa than a logical reasoning process.

As for the car, it has performed beautifully in the few thousand kilometers that I have used it for. There are a few misses and irritants but overall, it’s a great car. I am hoping that it serves me well, doesn’t end up with any major issues and takes me to new destinations with comfort and joy. After all, we BHPians do live to drive!
Congratulations, Not only you purchased the car but got your first awesome road trip. Take it from me (Ex Hexa Owner) you would not regret your purchase. This car will serve you well till the day you love it. You have to be patient with TASS and their attitude but that is the only fly in the ointment. The car itself is the best. Also dont worry about 19 inch replacement, MRF ones cost 13k a piece and there are other alternatives as well from other vendors. Wish you miles of happiness.
swarnava.ch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 16:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:

Sad to know that there is no permanent fix to the seat tumble issue.

Could you please elaborate what could be wrong with the middle row seat and what did TASS do in first place to fix it in your case?
Well this problem came up during first 6 months of ownership. Everytime I take it to them they apply grease and zorrik88 and make it work! It stops working again in few months. I will see what they have to say now. My car is still in original warranty. It was probably one of the last few Hexas to be sold here at Bangalore!
busydrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 16:57   #18
BHPian

Quote:
PART-2
2. No Auto Folding ORVMs. Though this part can be taken care of by updating the settings in BCM. This is another thing that I would get done in the nest service.
Firstly congrats on the purchase of the Hexa. I also am in the same ship as you, got a 2017 Hexa XTA 6 seater in Sept 2021. Mine had 22.5k kms on the odo when I got it. It has become a go to vehicle for my family's outstation trip. It super comfortable on long drives.

With regard to the OVRM, I am guessing they removed the feature in later models. My 2017 Hexa XTA has the feature. A switch above the power OVRM button is provided to close / open the OVRMs.

All in all we all are extremely happy with the purchase. Only hope that TASS doesn't disappoint. Fingers crossed!
BHPjunkie is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 17:18   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Congratulations, Not only you purchased the car but got your first awesome road trip. Take it from me (Ex Hexa Owner) you would not regret your purchase.
Thanks swarnava.ch!

Your ownership review of Blue Hippo was one of the driving factors which reinforced my decision. I feel sad that you had to let her go, but as they say, life must go on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydrive View Post
Well this problem came up during first 6 months of ownership. Everytime I take it to them they apply grease and zorrik88 and make it work! It stops working again in few months. I will see what they have to say now. My car is still in original warranty. It was probably one of the last few Hexas to be sold here at Bangalore!
So that's what I am staring at. Now I get the drift as to why some people run away from TASS. My car is also on original warranty for a little more time. Let me know how your next visit to TASS pans out and if the issue is resolved for good. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHPjunkie View Post
Firstly congrats on the purchase of the Hexa. I also am in the same ship as you, got a 2017 Hexa XTA 6 seater in Sept 2021.

With regard to the OVRM, I am guessing they removed the feature in later models.
Thank you BHPjunkie!

I have gone over your ownership experience posted on the Team BHP Official Review. A good looking car you have got there. Plus it's the 2017 model without the feature deletion. Wish you happy miles!

My car also has the ORVM fold button. AFAIK, the setting in BCM can be updated to enable auto folding of mirrors on pressing the lock button.
Prashant1286 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 18:55   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Brilliant ! Thanks for sharing. Seems Hexa is becoming a favourite in the pre-owned segment and it's sad that TATA wasn't able to make use of the product when it was on sale. And as always, owners are extremely happy while ones who don't own are the vocal ones against the product!!

You seem to have bought a CH registeration, have you got the re-registration done ?
swiftnfurious is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 19:21   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

You seem to have bought a CH registeration, have you got the re-registration done ?
Than you swiftnfurious!

Business decisions of Tata Motors are beyond my understanding. The marketing of Nano is a case study in itself. They can develop wonderful products but I guess they can't market them properly. Hexa has her fair share of strong points which were never capitalised by Tata motors.

As for the registration part, I have got transfer of ownership done. I don't intend to re-register it in TN as I am here only for a few months.
Prashant1286 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 19:38   #22
BHPian

Congratulations ! Hexa is an awesome mile muncher and XTA is very comfortable.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 19:50   #23
BHPian

Congratulations on this purchase! Great highway rider you got there mate. Only the reliability of TASS is a hit or miss. You should not worry much since, most of the mechanicals are fairly uncomplicated and should be serviceable. Happy mile munching and drive safe.

But I am just wondering about the RTO transfer from PB to TN! I do not see any mentioning about that and did I miss something?

Last edited by sgmuser : 26th January 2022 at 19:51. Reason: typo
sgmuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 20:08   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Thank you swiftnfurious!

I have got the transfer of ownership done. I am in TN only for a few months, hence there is no requirement of re-registration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
Congratulations ! Hexa is an awesome mile muncher and XTA is very comfortable.
Thank you prasanna_indaje! It is indeed a very comfortable car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
But I am just wondering about the RTO transfer from PB to TN! I do not see any mentioning about that and did I miss something?
Thanks sgmuser! Keeping fingers crossed for reliability of TASS.

RTO transfer is a straightforward process IMHO. However, all I needed was a transfer of ownership as I am in TN only for a short duration and shall be relocating back soon.
Prashant1286 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 22:17   #25
BHPian

Amazing ownership review
I personally hate TATA, but unable to hate the underrated workhorse from their stable just after driving both MT 4x4 and AT for good kilometers. Haven’t personally loved suspension setup in any other car and it has just set the benchmark at our home. Probably it’s the only car I won’t mind slowing down while going through my farmhouse
GautamJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 22:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:
PART-2

7. Certain misses like lack of Android Auto/ Apple Carplay (older HU), TPMS and the unwise cost cutting by Tata in the 2019 Hexas (Roof rails, 12-volt socket for 3rd row).
Congratulations and welcome to the Tata Hexa owners club. I own a Tata Hexa XT 4X4 that I purchased in May 2019. My infotainment system did not have Andoid Auto or Apple CarPlay at the time of purchase, but I was informed that it was "pre-wired" for a software upgrade later. A few months later, I did get a software upgrade that included Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

My car is the facelifted version. Are you sure that your Hexa is not pre-wired for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay? It looks like there is only a two-month difference between when your car was purchased new and when I purchased my car.
kovilkalai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 22:48   #27
BHPian

Congrats Prashant. I bought a pre-owned Hexa XTA last year, and it has been great. Been meaning to write a thread about it, but haven't yet gotten around to it.

One tip is that I have found that using diesel additives such as ADON-D from Indian Oil improves refinement of the engine a lot, and after a couple of tankfuls of it, the engine seems to stay a bit refined and a bit more responsive. I read a bit about it on the Additives thread where another owner with a Safari Storme has used this too with similar results.

Happy mile-munching !
coolvenk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 23:32   #28
BHPian

Hi Prashanth,
Welcome to the Hexa Owner's club. It was heartening to read your well written piece on the serendipitous sojourn with the beast. On a weekly basis I get the pleasure of friends and acquaintances commenting on how good the car is after being in the vehicle for a short while. "But it ain't a Hexa" is a common refrain by the kids too, after a few wonderful family trips. Despite the weight and size, it gives a decent mileage as you've demonstrated yourself.

Mine is a white 6 seater XTA bought from the second hand market in 2019 and has been a trustworthy workhorse for over 40K kms. A long trip in the Hexa always puts a smile one's face. Wishing you the same for many miles over the years

Regards
Ram

PS: I'm attaching a click from 'a corona free pit stop' during the Blr Tvm trip today
Attached Thumbnails
Serendipity: Taking home a Pre-owned Tata Hexa XTA-20220126_113703.jpg  

ram1kv is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 10:15   #29
BMK

Congratulations Prashanth! Hats off to your leap of faith decision to make a cross country purchase of Hexa that too a Tata vehicle (more maligned than what they really are) and advertised on OLX! It was courageous to drive a new purchase ~4K without blinking an eye! I am sure your better half gave you lot of positive push to implement it.

In my opinion you have got the best gem. I own an XE 4yr/43K. It has all along been a no nonsense car which is happy to take you in comfort wherever you want to go - narrow crowded streets or long trips. Only ask it has is a bit of space to park owing to its length (not width).
Main irritant has been low beam (as you pointed out) and place to keep your mobile
Both are solvable to a large extent, go for HID (i have gone with Uglare 55W/4500k and has sorted it mostly) and go for a magnetic holder.
On TASS, they are not that bad as they are made out to be. Yes they are not smooth operators, but they know their job and most of them are helpful. I can say this after dealing with them for last 2 decades with 2 indicas (petrol and diesel) and a hexa. The vehicles have never broken down on the road.
Enjoy your ownership and happy motoring.
BMK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 11:38   #30
BHPian

Congratulations on acquiring this magnificent machine. This is the ultimate touring vehicle and it's up there in my list along with Endeavour and Fortuner.

You have made a solid move as I don't see Tata working on a BS6 version anytime soon since Safari was launched. I shall see if I can do the same few years down the line and do a cross-country trip for getting the new car (whichever it is) back home.

Cheers!
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks