Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2022, 21:22   #16
BHPian

Re: Volvo XC60 Ownership Review | Our Beautiful Beast

Welcome to the club Rishav. XC60 is one of the state of the art rides you can buy under 1Cr here in India and it puts many of the competition to shame when it comes to the overall package and value for money. D5 spec is nicely tuned and its good you didn't have the diesel vs petrol dilemma when getting this. D5 isn't as thirsty as the B5 and it would munch several thousand miles without breaking a sweat or the bank.

All in all a great choice and you better enjoy the Swedish massaging seats, that cracker of a sound system from B&W (super fan of that) and that plush cocooned ride for years to come!
vjbox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 23:35   #17
BHPian

Congratulations Rishav! I wish you and your family the very best, especially Dad since it's going to be his primary ride

I enjoyed reading your ownership report, thank you for sharing it with us. I recall you asking about this on the Whatcar section, and the dilemmas you faced while finalizing your car of choice.

Call it fate or what you may. Sometimes, these things are written in the stars!

I'd love to hear what your Dad thinks of the car as well, if you get an opportunity, please let us know.

Thanks again Rishav, good luck!
BeMyWings is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 23:37   #18
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase! this is a beautiful looking car. I own the younger brother of your car, the XC40. I have been extremely happy with my purchase and I am confident you will be too.

Your review is spot on with regards to the pro's and con's of the car and I really envy the B&W system the XC60 has.

Also, How is your experience with Carlinkit? Most reviews on the net seems to be a hit or miss and mostly everyone speaks of some delay? do you see it? I have been contemplating for a while and have been on the fence on this one.

Enjoy your car for years to come, they are built to last.
gismosin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 00:40   #19
BHPian

Hi Rishab,

Any idea where you bought those floor mats. I bought my XC60 in 2021 as well and I am not sure where to get these sorts of mats. The same for the exhaust tips and pedal covers.

Thanks
mnrvokk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 08:52   #20
BHPian

Congratulations. The XC60 is the most underrated one out there in the world of the Germans. They have one of the most comfortable seating. Do they have the massage function?
hareshjethwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 13:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishavRBhardwaj View Post
Wireless Apple Carplay: Who likes to play with dangling wires?

Volvo doesn't offer wireless Carplay. Its shame, now that cars a fourth of the price offer it.
Upon sifting through the whole of internet, I found this very promising little piece of tech by the name of Carlinkit Carplay. Enables wireless apple carplay, without any lags/issues.

Congratulations on your XC60! Looks smashing!

I want to buy the Carlinkit carplay device. Can you share the link from where you bought it and also your opinion about it? Working well?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th March 2022 at 13:45. Reason: Added QUOTE tags, punctuation. Capitalising.
Vidzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 14:05   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Hearty congratulations on purchasing one of the best cars in the market in this segment and more. If my experience with the XC60 is anything to go by you should enjoy many miles and years of experience with the this car.
Thank you so much Sir, for bolstering our confidence in Volvo Cars with your amazing write-ups. Became one of the reasons why we looked at Volvos as an option in the first place. I'm sure they'll continue to make many more converts for years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excommunicado View Post
Congrats Rishav on this lovely looking car. I try to resist the temptation of turning my head when seeing these beautiful machines on the road.
But to be honest, my love for cars makes my resistance futile and I give in.
Out of all the machines under the sun, There's just something about Cars we can't resist. And to be able to drive something that people love staring at, is a lovely feeling in itself. I thoroughly enjoy driving behind school buses in the morning, striking a wave of smiles, happiness, and maybe interesting conversations between some future teamBHP members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokengrip View Post
That color just works man.! You could def spend some time staring at it. Congrats on the purchase..
Besides being understated what appeals to me is that you have a ride that's a little unique from everything else. Like when you see another xc 60 i m sure you ll feel some kinship coz it won't be something that happens too often. Enjoy your ownership experience.
Haha Yes It has only happened once, but I still daydream about another XC60 pulling up right next to me on a red signal. Chances are very slim, But hey, the world rests on hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey.rudey View Post
Congratulations on the new new purchase! Sure must be a treat to drive. Volvos are built to impress, and to be honest they seem more exotic to look on Indian roads when compared to the Germans and Brits. Please do share more about the Dynamic mode if time permits
Noted. Will write a separate post on all the interesting tricks the dynamic mode does with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
Hi Rishav,

Really nice colour on your XC60. With this colour this is the best looking car to have in the segment.

The Volvo definitely has the most unique character in this segment. It is nice to see Volvo making its presence felt in Jharkhand!
Jharkhand has become a booming market for luxury cars in the past 3-4 years. Not that there's any sudden wealth flowing in, but because people now have much more confidence on the law and order. Spotted this one yesterday. It's a daily driver since ~ 2014.

Volvo XC60 Ownership Review | Our Beautiful Beast-img_8741.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhii176 View Post
Wow! She's an absolute stunner, Rishav. Many congratulations on your purchase and wish you a trouble free ownership of this beauty!

Have to say, there's something about Volvo's design language that just stands out without being too flashy. Understated and classy!
Touch wood, Thanks for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post
Looking at the Volvo's pictures at the Nucleus Mall parking, Getalsud Dam and the 3M Car Care - felt right at home.
Bombarding your PM right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatingCanvas View Post

I can now see your apprehensions about how the colour would turn out in real life. I find it different in each of the pictures you've shared here. And love each and every shade of it. It's like a perfect mix of the best shades of grey, green and black to ensure the car is aptly dressed for the occasion every time.
Indeed a risk that was worth taking! I feel I'm yet to explore many more shades of this colour. Here's one you'll love- Only appears during the golden hour.

Volvo XC60 Ownership Review | Our Beautiful Beast-img_8744.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil0812 View Post
Congrats on the car! The XC60 has always been one my favorites in that price range. It looks absolutely striking in the Pine Grey shade . Wish you a million happy miles with the car.
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
D5 spec is nicely tuned and its good you didn't have the diesel vs petrol dilemma when getting this. D5 isn't as thirsty as the B5 and it would munch several thousand miles without breaking a sweat or the bank.
Absolutely. And what reassures me the most about this Engine, that it's one of the most reliable engines in the Volvo stable, which already is known for reliability. If I'm not wrong, D5 has been around for more than 20 years. (Even more than how long I have been around here on earth)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMyWings View Post

I'd love to hear what your Dad thinks of the car as well, if you get an opportunity, please let us know.
To give you an idea of how much he loves the XC60- We do a coin toss before every single trip together, no matter how short it is. The one who wins, gets to drive first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gismosin View Post

Also, How is your experience with Carlinkit? Most reviews on the net seems to be a hit or miss and mostly everyone speaks of some delay? do you see it? I have been contemplating for a while and have been on the fence on this one.
It works perfectly every single time. The only delay I have experienced is that it takes about 25-30 secs to boot up. Once it does, It's hard to find any lag, neither with the animations, nor with the sound. Worth every single penny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnrvokk View Post
Hi Rishab,

Any idea where you bought those floor mats. I bought my XC60 in 2021 as well and I am not sure where to get these sorts of mats. The same for the exhaust tips and pedal covers.

Thanks
These are 3D Kagu Mats, I got them shipped to me from Car Shringar, Bangalore. Sending you the Owner's phone number on PM.

The Exhaust tips and Pedal covers were ordered through Wish (Just another alibaba knockoff). Has thousands of interesting Volvo accessories. Worth checking out

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
They have one of the most comfortable seating. Do they have the massage function?
Yes they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidzy View Post
I want to buy the Carlinkit carplay device. Can you share the link from where you bought it and also your opinion about it? Working well?
https://carlinkitcarplay.com/

Last edited by RishavRBhardwaj : 8th March 2022 at 14:34. Reason: Emoji Overload?
RishavRBhardwaj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 06:20   #23

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the Volvo family!

I have been driving a T8 XC90 here in Canada for a while now and can totally relate to every word you said. Volvos are kind of limited and exclusive here too but offer more bang for your buck vs the Germans.

Also, the Bowers n Wilkins is unreal! No other sound system comes close. Me and my wife joke that the radio sounds like 'Aakashwani' on the Gothenburgh concert mode.

I just bought the carlinkit mini wireless carplay dongle and can definitely vouch for that working quite well on my car too. Takes away the hassle of plugging in for carplay every time.
Attached Thumbnails
Volvo XC60 Ownership Review | Our Beautiful Beast-2041c5a1426f479b81c798dbf0b3ea89.jpg  

anirudh_verma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 21:24   #24

Volvo XC60 Inscription

I am very excited to document my very first post on Team-BHP! I am a long time reader and first time contributor here.

Disclaimer: I wrote this up approximately a year ago, so please bare in mind that some of the cars I have reviewed might be an older model year now.

Situation: Coming from a BMW 330i, I wanted a comfortable luxury SUV as I realized sedans, especially those with sports bucket seats were getting uncomfortable for long highway stints that I was performing more and more often.

Requirements:
1. Comfortable seats - by far the most important priority
2. SUV - for taller ride height - mainly for long distance driving comfort
3. Drivetrain - prefer sporty without being harsh
4. Remote start - for the snowy winter days
5. Exclusivity - Its always nice to drive something that you don’t see as often on the road

Cars considered:

1. BMW X3 30i xdrive. I loved my overall experience with BMW, from the dealership and customer service experience to the product itself. Each drive was an occasion. The drivetrain was phenomenal. I thoroughly enjoyed the power delivery in the vehicle, especially in the sport drive mode, with shifter in manual mode. It was fast without being dangerously quick. I considered the X3 as a natural successor to the 3 series.
1. Design: No mistaking it for anything but a BMW. I think it’s handsomely designed on the outside without a bad angle. Although, I did realize that the closer you are to the base model, the cheaper it looked mainly due to many of the terrible stock rims.
2. Interior: Again, a proper BMW interior. Well put together, high quality materials, not a squeak in the cabin during my test drives. Although, it did look awfully similar to my F30 3 series rather than the new G20 3 series. Large 10inch screen was welcomed especially with wireless apple CarPlay functionality. The seats in the X3 visually appear to be the same as the G20 3 series. Although real leather is an added upgrade, rather than a standard feature on most 50k X3s.
3. Drive: I enjoyed the sporty drive that I have come to love from this powertrain. The car was nimble, immediately response to the throttle, and handled the corners like a champ.
4. Pros: Design, powertrain and chassis, wireless CarPlay, BMW experience, BMW loyalty discount, maintenance is included for the first few years.
5. Cons: base leatherette seats are rock hard and uncomfortable for long drives, felt familiar as its very similar to the F30 3series. No remote start is frustrating at this price point.
6. Amongst the finalist

2. Mercedes GLC300 4matic. Overall, a really great car. I felt that the driving dynamics were on par with the X3. Powertrain was solid, and handling was equally great.
1. Design: In line with the current Mercedes designs although likely up for a refresh soon. It’s a non-offensive design that is rather handsome.
2. Interior: Visually this is a step-up from the BMW with wood, metal, and piano black plastic blending in well together. The infotainment is updated and running on the new MBUX which is rather glitzy and makes the driver feel special. The instrument cluster was endlessly customizable as well, which attributed to the special feeling sitting inside the car. Again, this is my opinion of the interior after stepping out of a X3 interior that felt similar to what I have been used to. The quality did feel a notch lower than the X3 as pressing on the center console elicited squeaks. The seats felt comfortable and I have driven long distances in a family member’s Mercedes C300 (with real leather seats) which has similar seats to feel confident about their level of comfort. Interestingly though, I had trouble with ideal seat height. I had to sit lower to feel comfortable ergonomically. I felt a C300 would’ve been a better choice rather than an in-between option that this felt for overall seat comfort.
3. Drive: I was pleasantly surprised as to how sturdy this car felt on the road. I went into this test drive thinking that it will be a softer less sporty car as Mercedes emphasizes comfort over driving dynamics. I was proved wrong. I felt the Mercedes to be at the same level as the X3 in performance. This certainly put a smile on my face.
4. Pros: powertrain and chassis, MBUX is fantastic
5. Cons: expensive without as many incentives as the BMW, seats just didn’t feel right and real leather is rarely optioned around 50k msrp, maintenance is not included
6. Excluded from contention due to price and ride height

3. Alfa Romeo Stelvio Sprint Q4. I entertained this car as the reviews on this car are all extremely positive regarding its driving dynamics. Which did end up being true. Overall, a really fun car with an infotainment and interior that felt mediocre for the price point.
1. Design: Alfa romeos are beautiful cars. Absolutely gorgeous. Unlike anything else on the road. There was a green on tan Guilia at the dealership that was stunning and really pulled at my heart strings. I really liked the Stelvio’s design.
2. Interior: I wasn’t impressed with the interior as much. Seats felt comfortable except for the headrest which protruded outwards a lot. They were real leather, and felt fairly soft. The gauges were analogue and fit in well with the sporty ethos. My god, the paddle shifters felt like they came straight from the Ferrari factory. The aesthetics of the interior reminded me of BMW’s design language although the quality just wasn’t there. The infotainment touch screen frustratingly lagged with every touch, and it did not feel intuitive. The rear view camera was low-res.
3. Cons: Dealership network is small and the closest dealer is well over an hour away from me. Concern regarding their reliability or rather the lack-thereof.

4. Audi Q5 55e. What a well-oiled machine this was. This car had the most power and torque as it competed with the engine configurations a level above the rest of the cars that I test drove.
1. Design. This generation’s Q5 took an evolutionary approach from the last gen. This is the expected design direction of the german’s. I dig it. It has an understated sharp business look with a sporty flare to it.
2. Interior. The interior pictures of this car just does not do it justice. The interior is fantastic. The moment you get in the car, you are greeted with a large greenhouse that makes it
Note: Out of contention due to the much higher price point and I wasn't interested in the non-hybrid for the Audi.

5. Lexus NX300. Lexus still does old school luxury right. So I thought to give the NX a try. Knowing that the refresh is around the corner, I wasn’t going to be keen on this one unless if it was offered at a significant discount.
1. Design: Not a huge fan of the non-F sport model. But the F sport is not bad, although it lags behind significantly when compared to the other cars mentioned in this list of comparisons.
2. Interior. One word: dated. The moment you get in the car, you feel like you are back 5-6 years ago. It didnt help that the TD vehicle I received was likely a year or two old without the refreshed larger screen. The comfort of the seats was great. Plush soft leather, just as expected. Unfortunately, the rest of the interior was just too dated overall to feel that the car justified its 50k figure.
3. Drive: Pleasant suspension. The powertrain lacked the oomph factor.
4. Pro/Cons. Wasn’t even worth thinking about as the car’s age was hard to ignore. There was also no real discount on the car. People who want Lexus will keep buying it for the reliability it seems. And honestly, if I was buying a used car, I would also give Lexus the first nod.

6. Volvo XC60. Then came the XC60. I’ve always had an admiration for the car as a relative owned the first generation of the car and I found it to be an understated luxury vehicle. Once the current second generation rolled out, the reviews were largely positive. Volvo has made great strides in improving their design language and luxury quotient.
1. Design: Personally, its a very striking yet clean vehicle. Almost reminded me of Audi of old - clean lines, beautiful styling without being over the top. It is certainly a design language that will age gracefully. Not a single bad angle in my view.
2. Interior. I was blown away by the comfort that the seats provided. It’s true, it was by far the most comfortable amongst the cars I test drove. The fit and finish were on par with the German trio. All digital gauges and center screen were easy to work with albeit are not as configurable as Mercedes. Over all feeling of the interior was pure Scandinavian bliss. It stood out and the amber color was refreshing. Standard panoramic roof is great to have. The harmon kardon speaker system is fantastic!
3. Drive. Comfort at its best. The powertrain is optimized for sheer comfort. Coming from a BMW it certainly lacks the sporty suspension and drive but it can hustle when placed in dynamic mode.
4. Pros: Fit my requirements perfectly except for the sporty drive. I knew I was asking for two different extremes with my wishlist asking for comfort along with a sporty chassis but the speed was a good consolation prize here.

Ended up getting the XC60 and with 10k miles under the belt so far, I couldn’t be happier! I turn around and stare at the car way too often!
Attached Thumbnails
Volvo XC60 Ownership Review | Our Beautiful Beast-xc60-front.png  

Volvo XC60 Ownership Review | Our Beautiful Beast-xc60-34.png  

Volvo XC60 Ownership Review | Our Beautiful Beast-xc60-side.jpg  

Volvo XC60 Ownership Review | Our Beautiful Beast-xc60-rims.jpg  

Volvo XC60 Ownership Review | Our Beautiful Beast-xc60-thor.png  

Volvo XC60 Ownership Review | Our Beautiful Beast-xc60-interior-front.png  

Volvo XC60 Ownership Review | Our Beautiful Beast-xc60-interior-rear.jpg  

Can2222 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 17:44   #25
BHPian

Re: Volvo XC60 Inscription

Congrats on the car! and welcome to the Volvo family. The car looks lovely. With just 10k miles the car looks almost as good as new!

Hope you enjoy many miles on your Volvo!
gismosin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 16:06   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishavRBhardwaj View Post

The Finishing Touch:

Aluminium Pedals: Stock, The Pedals look very cheap and Plastic-ky. So I added these aluminium pedals. Easy to install, just fits on top of the original pedals + Provides better grip+ Look great.

Attachment 2266617
Hi,

Can you please share the link of the above pedals and the total cost, if imported? Also, how are they behaving quality wise?

Thanks.
Old 10th September 2022, 12:50   #27
BHPian

Just booked the MY2023 B5 ultimate xc60. I think the only difference between MY 2023 and 2023 is new alloys. Looking forward to a November delivery !
Old 8th December 2023, 09:50   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
Just booked the MY2023 B5 ultimate xc60. I think the only difference between MY 2023 and 2023 is new alloys. Looking forward to a November delivery !
Request an update on the purchase and after experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks