Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2022, 19:52   #31
BHPian

Re: How my 1st car ended up being a Used Ford EcoSport!

What a simple yet stunning mod! Great job finding the parts and going through with the effort!
tunedv8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 00:43   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Sprucing up the Red Dragon

The Red Dragon has been munching miles faster than its twin, the Blue Baby and After the Remap, I'm more in love with this machine and
Nicely done bro. Really like your customisations. I am wondering about sync 4 upgrade - do you think it’s possible to get that sorted now from current sync 3 ? What could be the costing for this ?

Also about the cluster - I read that now there is one fully digital cluster available. Any idea about that one ?
Mickey1986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 10:02   #33
BHPian

It is always a delight to read through your modifications and the effort that goes behind it is commendable!
You are one passionate person who know how car's are modified in a delicious way!
I know that your a foodie too and mostly that hunger for the best modification appetizes you I believe!!
And hence your car becomes one of the tastefully modified EcoSport's in India!
Kindly keep up the good work going!
Good luck for your future upgrades too!

Regards,
Dr. Rakshith GT
Rakshith220 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 11:30   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunedv8 View Post
What a simple yet stunning mod! Great job finding the parts and going through with the effort!
Thanks tunedv. There are some folks who import the parts from India but the prices are quite unreasonable. 20k for a steering and 20k for a speedometer is a lot of money and even OEMs do not charge that much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey1986 View Post
Nicely done bro. Really like your customisations. I am wondering about sync 4 upgrade - do you think it’s possible to get that sorted now from current sync 3 ? What could be the costing for this ?

Also about the cluster - I read that now there is one fully digital cluster available. Any idea about that one ?
Thanks Mickey! The sync 3 and sync 4 have modules called as the Front Controls Interface Module(FCIM) and Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM). Although the APIMs look identical, there are some firmware and electronic changes which is not a direct fit. I'm able to source the sync 4 module from Vietnam at a cost of 15,000Rs.

Difference between sync 3 and sync 4
How my 1st car ended up being a Used Ford EcoSport!-screenshot_2022082400573561_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

APIM for sync 4
Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 1033
Size:  33.0 KB

However IMO, sync 3 vs sync 4 not many tangible differences are there, sos I'd suggest to stick to sync 3.

Regarding digital meter, we need UCDS tool and the cost of the meter in European or American scrap markets in ebay are anywhere between 50-70k Rupees. Plus shipping to India and some tweaks have to be made.

If you're really interested, you can go ahead with the digital clusters of Ford Focus, Fiesta or Ford Escape cluster. Ford Puma I doubt if the config files are compatible for EcoSport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshith220 View Post
It is always a delight to read through your modifications and the effort that goes behind it is commendable!
You are one passionate person who know how car's are modified in a delicious way!
I know that your a foodie too and mostly that hunger for the best modification appetizes you I believe!!
And hence your car becomes one of the tastefully modified EcoSport's in India!
Kindly keep up the good work going!
Good luck for your future upgrades too!

Regards,
Dr. Rakshith GT
Thanks a ton Doctor! We've always share that common passion for our car and you too are a proper enthusiast who does mods after a thorough research. I'm more on the experimental type .

Nice analogy on the hunger for mods and my reference as foodie!

I forgot to update on another update previously. I changed my horn from the stock Ford one to a pair of Denso Horns(Low tone and high tone) at a cost of Rs. 1400

I picked up the horn from Engineering Exponent and they were suggesting that the horn terminal from the car might need to be crimped. However, I ordered a pair of audio connectors from Amazon so that the installation is plug and play without cutting of any wires. This connector can be used for any horn to convert it into a Ford compatible one

Here's the Amazon Link for the connecting wire for the horn:
2 Pieces Car Audio Speaker Wire Harness 72-5600 for Chevy Ford Focus Mazda
https://amzn.eu/d/1J7uHwd

The Denso Horn pics

How my 1st car ended up being a Used Ford EcoSport!-img20220825wa0023.jpeg

How my 1st car ended up being a Used Ford EcoSport!-img20220825wa0021.jpeg

As I was doing the installation myself after my shift time at 3 am, I couldn't get an opportunity to record a video of the installation and how I've changed the place of the horn location.

Here are some pics of the horn before and after installation

The front design. Japs are always ahead in design (look at the design covering the trumpet so that water does not seep through)
How my 1st car ended up being a Used Ford EcoSport!-img20220825095338.jpg

The rear side. Direct fit to any car except Ford! Please don't try to remove the horizontal bar as you might end up getting hurt if your try to unscrew it.
How my 1st car ended up being a Used Ford EcoSport!-img20220825095347.jpg

Caution instructions by Denso. Never use the honk continuously for 30 sec or beyond as it can cause damage to the horn!
How my 1st car ended up being a Used Ford EcoSport!-img20220825095325.jpg

The big L plate gap is the new place for the horn. Actual location for the horn is under the fog lamp housing
How my 1st car ended up being a Used Ford EcoSport!-img20220824041437.jpg

The Denso horn fitting snugly at the new L plate location. Once you open the headlight, you can find this place. You will need a 13" Socket wrench to unscrew the L plate
How my 1st car ended up being a Used Ford EcoSport!-img20220824042419.jpg

I chose this spot as there is a minimum chance of water seepage as the horn will be protected by the headlight above and the metal/fog lamp housing below the horn
How my 1st car ended up being a Used Ford EcoSport!-img20220824042405.jpg

The stock horn is doing duty in the Blue Baby as the Blue Baby's hella horn had gone kaput.

Last edited by jithin23 : 28th August 2022 at 11:34. Reason: Added content
jithin23 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 19:00   #35
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Mickey! The sync 3 and sync 4 have modules called as the Front Controls Interface Module(FCIM) and Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM). Although the APIMs look identical, there are some firmware and electronic changes which is not a direct fit. I'm able to source the sync 4 module from Vietnam at a cost of 15,000Rs.
Thanks for the response. So with fittings and all the sync 3 to sync4 upgrade can be done under 20k ? Is there a possibility to get it done in Delhi / NCR ? I am
Keen on wireless Apple CarPlay- I know phone needs to be on constant charge to make sure that battery doesn’t run out but at times it just helps for a quick drive. Not sure if I am thinking right with this
Old 28th August 2022, 20:53   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey1986 View Post
Thanks for the response. So with fittings and all the sync 3 to sync4 upgrade can be done under 20k ? Is there a possibility to get it done in Delhi / NCR ? I am
Keen on wireless Apple CarPlay- I know phone needs to be on constant charge to make sure that battery doesn’t run out but at times it just helps for a quick drive. Not sure if I am thinking right with this
It can exceed 20k but under 30k because if you're getting sync 4 you might need a wireless charger as well. That can be retrofitted from the global fiesta. But, yes it's possible but we need to use an additional arduino or teensy to make sync 4 run flawlessly

Hope it helps!
jithin23 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 07:03   #37
BHPian

Great thread jithin. Your red dragon is even better now with the remap and mods. I was in the market for a project car earlier this year and I had thought of going for an Ecosport since I always loved how it looked, but eventually decided on the Aspire since it solves my boot space problem with the Figo while also remaining light enough for it to be a rocket even in the stock tune. But reading through your thread, I am second guessing myself a bit, whether I should've gone for a ES instead. Ah well.

One question though, is a SYNC conversion possible for a non-SYNC car? My Aspire is a pre facelift one without the SYNC system (Titanium), I am searching for a good HU to install and I had shortlisted a Sony and a Pioneer one, but if I can retrofit the SYNC 3 system from the facelift Aspire for a reasonable cost, then I guess no aftermarket option is better than that. But my SA at the service center told me that the cost for the conversion might be a lot, well over 75-80k and I was shocked.

Last edited by SaiSW : 30th August 2022 at 07:08.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 09:51   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Great thread jithin. Your red dragon is even better now with the remap and mods. But reading through your thread, I am second guessing myself a bit, whether I should've gone for a ES instead. Ah well.

One question though, is a SYNC conversion possible for a non-SYNC car? My Aspire is a pre But my SA at the service center told me that the cost for the conversion might be a lot, well over 75-80k and I was shocked.
Hey, Thanks Sai! No sweat, the Aspire is a pocket rocket and with a remap, the Aspire will have much greater power to weight ratio and insane acceleration.

Regarding sync 3 conversion, yes it is expensive unfortunately. However if you are headstrong about sync 3, you can try sourcing it from a totalled Aspire, Freestyle or you can import a used one from Europe or Brazil for half the price mentioned by your SA. The wiring too needs to be made from ground up as yours is a pre facelift one.
Old 30th August 2022, 17:20   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Sprucing up the Red Dragon

Excellent planning and excellent results, Jithin!

Next Up: Focus ST Steering Wheel and TPMS from Aliexpress
The Focus ST steering wheel looks nice. Could you please help me with a couple of questions I have?
Can this be used for my Freestyle? I can see that the imported steering wheel has a few more additional features/buttons including the cruise control. Did your Titanium+ Ecosport originally come with cruise control? Will I be able to activate cruise control with the help of a mechanic qualified for the job, of course after tweaking the software? I remember having read another thread on custom activation of cruise control, but I found it to be technically challenging and cumbersome with a lot of cutting involved. The warranty getting void is another issue. The TPMS is another nice to have feature. I can get the parts through my brother in the UK, but will these be compatible with the Ford Freestyle? Thanks so much!
denny_ace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 17:31   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny_ace View Post
The Focus ST steering wheel looks nice. Could you please help me with a couple of questions I have?
Can this be used for my Freestyle? I can see that the imported steering wheel has a few more additional features/buttons including the cruise control. Did your Titanium+ Ecosport originally come with cruise control? Will I be able to activate cruise control with the help of a mechanic qualified for the job, of course after tweaking the software? I remember having read another thread on custom activation of cruise control, but I found it to be technically challenging and cumbersome with a lot of cutting involved. The warranty getting void is another issue. The TPMS is another nice to have feature. I can get the parts through my brother in the UK, but will these be compatible with the Ford Freestyle? Thanks so much!
Hey Denny, the connector for EcoSport Facelift and Focus is the same as the platform is the same for both the cars.

For Freestyle unfortunately there is no separate steering control module to change the switch numbers so this can't be fixed onto a freestyle

You can check for Gen 1 EcoSport/Fiesta/Focus /Ka/Ka+ Steering wheels as the clock spring connectors are identical.

For My Ecosport Titanium+ it came with cruise control from factory. However each switch has a different number and works only when we key in the correct part number.

I have retrofitted cruise control in lower variants of both the generation of EcoSports which came without cruise control so enabling cruise control is possible.

For Gen 1 Ecosport, Fiesta, Figo triplets , you can swap the steering directly or just the bezel too. Plus some config changes in UCDzs and For scan .Warranty will cease only if you're cutting any wire.

For TPMS I think in the freestyle it can be activated but may I know the frequency of your key fob because there are 2 types of sensors, 315Mhz and 433 MHz. EcoSport and Endeavor have 433 MHz. Some tweaks on forscan and you're good to go!
Old 30th August 2022, 23:15   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Denny, the connector for EcoSport Facelift and Focus is the same as the platform is the same for both the cars.

For Gen 1 Ecosport, Fiesta, Figo triplets , you can swap the steering directly or just the bezel too. Plus some config changes in UCDzs and For scan .Warranty will cease only if you're cutting any wire.

For TPMS I think in the freestyle it can be activated but may I know the frequency of your key fob because there are 2 types of sensors, 315Mhz and 433 MHz. EcoSport and Endeavor have 433 MHz. Some tweaks on forscan and you're good to go!
Thank you so much, Jithin for such a quick response. Very much useful for me! I will get back to you soon with the key fob details
denny_ace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 19:42   #42
BHPian

Great job on the upgrades Jithin. Very happy to see you munching long miles on your Red Dragon and makes me a bit jealous that I am unable to do the same on my Ghost. Hopefully we can catch up one day! Good luck and a toast to more mods to come. Feeling proud that we now have a lot of enthusiasts in the ES community. Long live Ecosport
nightraven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 02:48   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightraven View Post
Great job on the upgrades Jithin. Very happy to see you munching long miles on your Red Dragon and makes me a bit jealous that I am unable to do the same on my Ghost. Hopefully we can catch up one day! Good luck and a toast to more mods to come. Feeling proud that we now have a lot of enthusiasts in the ES community. Long live Ecosport
Thank you Satya! Your mods are a treasure trove for me and several others to take the mod scene further .

Yes, the Red Dragon is adept at taking me to places which I had only dreamt of. I Wish to see your Ghost in person too. Only if Ford had stuck around, we would have had some killer cars here.

Definitely, I wish we can catch up one day! Oh, yes there are aplenty and the first ones who come to my mind are You, Naveen and Kumar.

And, yes your suggestion for Shadab biryani in Hyderabad was apt and I did drive down once to Hyderabad only for the Biryani!
Old 5th November 2022, 13:26   #44
BHPian

Hi, loved all the mods you've done to the car.

Please elaborate further about the notchy gearshifts and the bush you used to fix it. What bush was it? OE or aftermarket?

How is the performance after using bmc Air filter?
Taha Mir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 21:50   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
Hi, loved all the mods you've done to the car.

Please elaborate further about the notchy gearshifts and the bush you used to fix it. What bush was it? OE or aftermarket?

How is the performance after using bmc Air filter?
Hey, the gearshifts post remap have been a bit notchy and there is a rubber bush to be changed inside the gear lever which costs about 500 rs. That needs to be changed along with the gear oil and I prefer motul compared to other brands. Unfortunately I haven't taken pics during this process as I told FASS to get it done. Will get the pics when I'm going in for clutch replacement.

Coming to BMC air filter, it does make a difference but not very noticeable. In a petrol engine, BMC filter makes a lot of difference

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks