Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2021, 22:42   #46
BHPian

Re: Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilgrim1424 View Post
Can you share a few snaps of the fog lamps lighting impact from inside the car at night times please...
Here you go!

Only Fog Lamp (White)
Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-20211204_175226.jpg

Fog Lights and High Beam (White)
Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-20211204_175305.jpg

Only Fog Lights (Yellow)
Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-20211204_175238.jpg

Fog Lights and High Beam (Yellow)
Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-20211204_175316.jpg

The need for putting on the Headlights is almost negated on city roads with these Bi-LED Fog Lights. They are also focused in a way to to not blind any oncoming traffic.

If someone is coming towards me with a their High Beam on I simply flash the powerful LED headlights a couple of times and they quickly switch to Low Beam.

So far am happy with the purchase. Time will tell if they have a good life or not. Have naturally retained the Originals incase things do not work out well.
Manuuj is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 23:13   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Here you go!

The need for putting on the Headlights is almost negated on city roads with these Bi-LED Fog Lights. They are also focused in a way to to not blind any oncoming traffic.

If someone is coming towards me with a their High Beam on I simply flash the powerful LED headlights a couple of times and they quickly switch to Low Beam.

So far am happy with the purchase. Time will tell if they have a good life or not. Have naturally retained the Originals incase things do not work out well.
Thank you! That's a pretty awesome setup for fog lights I must admit

And yes, very sensible thing indeed, retaining them OE fog lights as well. I hope they last a long time. Excellent mod and thank you for sharing

Cheers
thepilgrim1424 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 12:22   #48
BHPian

This may not classify as a useful post but i just had to share this photo of Asterix. It looks positively "gangsta" standing in the dark. FM must be congratulated for making it so good looking.

Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-img_20211204_220228_273.jpg

Investing in the LED headlight development has paid off in terms of enhancing the front end look of the Gurkha. Kudos to whoever came up with the idea at Force Motors.

Last edited by Manuuj : 5th December 2021 at 12:25.
Manuuj is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 12:32   #49
BHPian

Brilliantly detailed account of the Gurkha that deserved no less. Kudos for the level of detail you have gone into while reviewing your Gurkha. Most official reviews were content with glossing over the features and concentrated on most of the faults they were able to find. But your reviews brings out so many aspects that would escape the eyes of the uninitiated.

And I don't need to say anything about the mods you have executed. According to my humble opinion, this is the most tastefully kitted out Gurkha; handsome, understated, rugged, and butch in equal measures.

Last edited by speedz : 5th December 2021 at 12:34. Reason: Typo correction
speedz is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 12:37   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Here you go!
Very interesting fog lamps. How do you switch between white and yellow light? Is there a seperate toggle switch or are the two colors connected to your high and low beam headlight controls?
Moontan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 12:43   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moontan View Post
Very interesting fog lamps. How do you switch between white and yellow light? Is there a seperate toggle switch or are the two colors connected to your high and low beam headlight controls?
Switching the Fog lamp On and Off and changes the color. I have similar LED bulbs on my Endeavour also.

So if its on white and you want yellow simply switch off and on again. It will be yellow when it comes on. If you want to go back to white then simply repeat the step.

There is a third option also. Between tellow and pure white. Its a kind of yellowish white.
But to match the Light Temperature of the Fog Lamps to the OE LED Headlights the pure white works best.

Last edited by Manuuj : 5th December 2021 at 12:44.
Manuuj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 13:04   #52
BHPian

Quote:
So if its on white and you want yellow simply switch off and on again. It will be yellow when it comes on. If you want to go back to white then simply repeat the step.

There is a third option also. Between tellow and pure white. Its a kind of yellowish white.
But to match the Light Temperature of the Fog Lamps to the OE LED Headlights the pure white works best.
Very, very nice upgrade and one that I'm going to explore for my Freelander 2. A couple of weeks ago, I sorely missed having yellow power fog lights in Lachen, North Sikkim, on a cold, foggy evening. I'll probably go with option 3 to suit the FL2's Bi-Xenon beams along with the yellow. Thank you for responding.
Moontan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 13:34   #53
BHPian

This is what i called passion you must have in your life, awesome car for passionate person. Happy miles ahead!!! Offtopic, can you share your conductor number, i need to book some seats for Manali for my friend.
Sach_511 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 18:10   #54
BHPian

Since its a Sunday i thought i would keep the DPF related post for another day and post some fun stuff instead today.

Here are a few pics of Asterix with a few cars just for a size comparison. Stand alone photos of the Gurkha do not reveal its true size.

With the Big Daddy.. a G63

Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-20211205_142510.jpg

Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-20211205_142433.jpg

A Thar

Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-20211205_163056.jpg

Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-20211205_163237.jpg

Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-20211205_160908.jpg

Big Bro Endeavour at Home today

Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-20211205_173549.jpg

Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-20211205_173725.jpg

Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-20211205_173638.jpg

While seated in an Endeavour/Fortuner if a Gurkha comes and parks next to you this is how it will look like from the driver's perspective.

Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-20211205_173507.jpg

While returning to the Parking Lot after Benji's walk in the Park i noticed a group of youngsters clicking Asterix from every angle. They did so for a good 10 minutes atleast.

Since they looked like students I did not charge them.
Manuuj is offline   (119) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 22:10   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for sharing these! Rightly said - the size is not easy to comprehend without something to compare it with. These pictures give a much better idea, thank you!

Width seems comparable but the height is clearly more. With the roof rack loaded with some luggage, I guess one will need to be careful around the corners.
Dry Ice is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 22:49   #56
BHPian

With that kind of height, especially with those roof racks you have to follow truck routes especially in a city like Bangalore. Some of the underpasses here in Bangalore has that dreaded overhead iron height barriers, it will be a nightmare to stuck in bumper to bumper traffic with this beast ! However, love your vehicle Manuuj !
highwaypatrol is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 23:21   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
With that kind of height, especially with those roof racks you have to follow truck routes especially in a city like Bangalore. Some of the underpasses here in Bangalore has that dreaded overhead iron height barriers, it will be a nightmare to stuck in bumper to bumper traffic with this beast ! However, love your vehicle Manuuj !
They can't be lower than a mall underground parking? Would they? I did take Asterix into the parking of a Mall to test the fog lamps when they were installed, and we managed fine. But yes i was a bit worried with the AC Ducting. Fortunately it wasn't such an issue.

The extra bit of the Jerry Can Holder is the worry though not the Roof top carrier as such.

I have driven Asterix in bumper to bumper traffic already. The squared of shape, great view of the road and the edges of the bonnet, the gearing of the vehicle, the high set seating postion actually helped a lot to squeeze and cut through traffic quite effortlessly.

The fact that it is suitably narrow also helps. In the Endeavour i would have to be very careful as many people would cut in knowing that i would brake and let them through.

They don't try these stunts with the Gurkha at all.

Glad you like the look of Asterix!

Last edited by Manuuj : 5th December 2021 at 23:49. Reason: Added info. Spelling error rectified
Manuuj is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 03:02   #58
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Manuuj.
I can see your love for the Qualis, getting rekindled with the Gurkha ownership.

Your mods are very tasteful. I would have had it no other way... well, maybe just a big opening panel in the roof for the rear seat area, sort of like a westfalia roof for birding.

The quality of materials and the fit and finish seems to have improved by leaps and bounds. The seats especially, seem to be very comfortable.
Just a bit curious to see pics of the engine bay layout and the underbody to see what the mechanicals look like.
Tgo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 12:23   #59
BHPian

Quote:
*SNIP*

Here are a few pics of Asterix with a few cars just for a size comparison. Stand alone photos of the Gurkha do not reveal its true size.

*SNIP*
Nice, and thank you. This is exactly what I had requested in someone else's Gurkha thread.

Quick question - How much have your wheels and tyres contributed to the height? I mean if it was the standard alloys and tyres, would it look not as tall in comparison to the other cars?

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 13:36   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Quick question - How much have your wheels and tyres contributed to the height? I mean if it was the standard alloys and tyres, would it look not as tall in comparison to the other cars?

Cheers
1 inch lift, if I remember correctly from his exquisite and detailed review. Although it may look and feel miniscule when read like that, however, it's approx 25 mm increase which becomes significant when added to the OEM ground clearance. But lets wait to hear from Manuuj.
mav3r1ckblu3 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks