Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2023, 14:09   #301

Re: Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins

Hi Manuuj, I have been following your thread for a long time. Infact I visited khan market in January and immediately recognized your car which was parked there.

I have been seriously considering the gurkha as I like its on road comfort. I just have a few reservations.

1: How is the nose dive under braking? I test drove the previous generation gurkha and that had a lot of nose dive.

2: What are your thoughts on the very short service interval of just 4 months? This might be a deal braker for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-img_03351.jpg  

dj96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 14:04   #302
BHPian

Thank you for such a detailed and descriptive review. Congrats Manuuj on your beautiful "Asterix". It sure is a stunner especially with all the modifications. Gurkha's interiors were much hyped for its lack of quality and functionality. Your post has helped changed that outlook.

Ride quality alongwith good off roading capability and decent cabin are the main strengths of this vehicle which gives it a huge advantage over Thar (i still do not understand why Thar is oversubscribed. Thar has got very poor ride quality.)

I am eagerly waiting for the five door version. This might position itself as a family vehicle too.

Glad to know that Force has got an amazing after sales service too.

Though the design bears resemblance to The G Class, I feel it is not a blatant copy. I would call it inspired. It does hold its individuality against the The G Class.

What about spares and servicing? Are they costly?What the normal timeline for a routine service?
theunstabledesi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 13:54   #303
BHPian

In a very bizarre turn of events, Manuuj's Gurkha seems to have been impounded. The car was seen driving past the coaching institute in Rajendar Nagar where the flooding happened couple of days ago.

https://x.com/ANI/status/1817810193897689347

The administration keeps beating itself in doing ridiculous things.
Imagine just trying to cross a flooded road in your capable vehicle and having to get arrested for that. They're blaming the car for breaking the gate (which happened due to water and not that the vehicle hit the gate) and in-turn causing the flooding in the basement.

Heights of misdirection.
chaksjr is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 14:58   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaksjr View Post
In a very bizarre turn of events, Manuuj's Gurkha seems to have been impounded. The car was seen driving past the coaching institute in Rajendar Nagar where the flooding happened couple of days ago.

https://x.com/ANI/status/1817810193897689347

The administration keeps beating itself in doing ridiculous things.
Imagine just trying to cross a flooded road in your capable vehicle and having to get arrested for that. They're blaming the car for breaking the gate (which happened due to water and not that the vehicle hit the gate) and in-turn causing the flooding in the basement.

Heights of misdirection.
Saw this in a post in our NCR meet group.
I am at my wits end thinking the logic and wording in the paperwork involved.
88_TANK_88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 17:09   #305
BHPian

I'm stunned by the news I just came across on Twitter. It's baffling to me - how can someone be blamed for driving on a flooded road when it's the civic authorities who failed to prevent the flooding in the first place? It feels like this innocent man is being turned into a scapegoat. I can't help but think the police are just too afraid to go after the real culprits. When I read that they've filed a case of culpable homicide against him, my heart sank. It's just so unfair and deeply saddening. These bureaucrats and their cronies - they're supposed to protect and serve us, but instead, they're proving to be nothing more than a group of incompetent individuals. What makes this even more heartbreaking is that the victims were aspiring to join their ranks, what a tragedy.

Manuuj sir, if you're out there reading this, please know that there are people who see through this injustice. We're rooting for you and hoping with all our hearts that you'll get the justice you deserve. Stay strong.
MotoBlip is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 00:59   #306
BHPian

The moment I saw the grill, I immediately recognised the vehicle and this thread. The ANI tweet mentioned that the vehicle hit the gate. However, the video shows Mr. Manuuj drive by. He did not even come anywhere close to the gate.

Link to the video: https://x.com/timesofindia/status/18...RO0GxHOQE3z0nw

The entire episode boils my blood. Rather than going after the coaching institute for running classes in a basement with total disregard to safety; and the municipal authorities who were responsible for water logging, they have made a scapegoat of an innocent man who just happened to be passing by. I wish the courts overturn the case filed on him. I can only imagine what his family must be going through right now. Sir, if you are reading this, I can only ask you to stay strong. I hope you come out of this mess soon!

My request to fellow bhpians: there are quite a few lawyers among us. I request the members to please help Mr. Manuuj.
furyrider is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks