Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2022, 09:06   #106
BHPian

Re: My 2021 Jeep Compass Petrol AT Ownership Review

Hey car-go, great choice of a car, especially if it can keep wifey and mom-in-law happy. Nice succinct review. Yes, the AC does feel inadequate at times - i also get complaints from passengers in the second row sometimes. But once the car pulls through the gears (mine is a manual), there is no feeling to describe the joy.
AniChaudhuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 23:12   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniChaudhuri View Post
Hey car-go, great choice of a car, especially if it can keep wifey and mom-in-law happy. Nice succinct review. Yes, the AC does feel inadequate at times - i also get complaints from passengers in the second row sometimes. But once the car pulls through the gears (mine is a manual), there is no feeling to describe the joy.
Thank you AniChaudhuri; yes, family matters . Yes, the AC does pull through well. I set it to max (when it is too hot outside) for 5-10 min. and then set the blower back to either 3 or 4 (normal AC mode) to maintain the temperature. When it is relatively cooler outside, running the AC at 3-4 blower speed (without turning on max at all) suffices.
Old 17th June 2022, 19:47   #108
BHPian

I saw in another thread that Jeep Compass prices are set to increase from 1st July. The manufacturers seems to have advised dealers to sensitise customers on the same.
Old 18th June 2022, 19:02   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangaloreguy View Post
Thanks for your review . One thing I wanted to highlight is that I do not find the speed buildup gradual and slow at all.
I have a Feb 2022 Compass Model S Petrol AT. I have driven it for more than 5000 kms. I am highly disappointed with the pickup and sluggish performance particularly in traffic conditions where you need much much more response than what this car gives you. I am routinely frustrated by the honking by the cars behind me and I don’t blame them at all. Often I am holding the entire traffic behind as this 35L plus car builds up pace. Really fed up with its poor performance. I have taken it twice to the workshop for just this reason alone with no solution as they say there is nothing wrong in the car. Even a Kia Sonet with a 1.0 petrol AT engine drives better.
pgupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 20:37   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
I have a Feb 2022 Compass Model S Petrol AT. I have driven it for more than 5000 kms. I am highly disappointed with the pickup and sluggish performance particularly in traffic conditions where you need much much more response than what this car gives you. I am routinely frustrated by the honking by the cars behind me and I don’t blame them at all. Often I am holding the entire traffic behind as this 35L plus car builds up pace. Really fed up with its poor performance. I have taken it twice to the workshop for just this reason alone with no solution as they say there is nothing wrong in the car. Even a Kia Sonet with a 1.0 petrol AT engine drives better.
For me, it is a white elephant (since I have it in bright white), so expect others to give that respect as I resume at a traffic signal.
If you have seen an elephant running, it gradually builds up pace but accelerates well at higher speeds! I'm still awaiting break-in (which you already are experiencing) to check if the response improves. In fact, the claim of jeep is not about throttle response but pulling you out of mud any day while others get stuck. The designer's philosophy (YouTube videos available; forgot the current chief designer's name, guess it's Mark Allen) talks about it.
car-go is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 18:15   #111
BHPian

Today while driving, the seat belt warning kept ringing even though I had my seat belt on. There was no co-passenger at the front left. I unbuckled and then buckled up a few times, but that did not go away. I switched off and started the car, same thing happened
Only when my colleague got on my car and buckled up on the left front seat, it went away. While returning alone (means, without a front co-passenger) a few hours later, this did not happen further.
Old 25th June 2022, 21:43   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-go View Post
Today while driving, the seat belt warning kept ringing even though I had my seat belt on. There was no co-passenger at the front left. I unbuckled and then buckled up a few times, but that did not go away. I switched off and started the car, same thing happened
Only when my colleague got on my car and buckled up on the left front seat, it went away. While returning alone (means, without a front co-passenger) a few hours later, this did not happen further.

I too observed the false seat belt alarm for co-passenger once, it didn't occur again.
sharan_si is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 14:53   #113
BHPian

So since a week my Compass 2021 display unit has become dull. The display between the two dials showing speed and rpm.

It is almost unreadable during day time.i tried to increase the brightness using the dial next to the headlight switch but in vain.

Anyone else has experienced this ?
Old 27th June 2022, 21:02   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEnthusiast10 View Post
So since a week my Compass 2021 display unit has become dull. The display between the two dials showing speed and rpm.

It is almost unreadable during day time.i tried to increase the brightness using the dial next to the headlight switch but in vain.

Anyone else has experienced this ?
No, haven't heard such issue.
Old 28th June 2022, 05:29   #115
BHPian

Do any of the Compass variants have the auto hold/brake hold function of the electric parking brake? I don't see a specific button to enable/disable it and can only see the electric parking brake switch. Curious.
Old 28th June 2022, 15:35   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Pedal View Post
Do any of the Compass variants have the auto hold/brake hold function of the electric parking brake? I don't see a specific button to enable/disable it and can only see the electric parking brake switch. Curious.
Yes, you can enable/disable auto brake using the settings menu -> brake ->... on the infotainment screen. I have Sport variant, so I guess this is there in all higher variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan_si View Post
I too observed the false seat belt alarm for co-passenger once, it didn't occur again.
This now happened thrice. The second time I got down from my car, went to the co-passenger side, pulled the belt a bit and adjusted the seat. It went off. Today again it happened. I did not do anything, so it went on with the sound for a while and then went off; however, the seat belt warning light was on throughout the drive.
Later when I parked the vehicle, switched on after a few minutes, it was all ok (no sound, no warning light anymore). Anything to worry about?

Last edited by car-go : 28th June 2022 at 15:37. Reason: more clarity
car-go is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 12:20   #117
BHPian

Quote:
This now happened thrice. The second time I got down from my car, went to the co-passenger side, pulled the belt a bit and adjusted the seat. It went off. Today again it happened. I did not do anything, so it went on with the sound for a while and then went off; however, the seat belt warning light was on throughout the drive.
Later when I parked the vehicle, switched on after a few minutes, it was all ok (no sound, no warning light anymore). Anything to worry about?
Better report this issue to service center.
Old 2nd July 2022, 20:09   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan_si View Post
Better report this issue to service center.
Thank you Sharan. This weekend we went on a quick trip to Mandarmani (beach in West Bengal), around 180 km from Kolkata, my hometown. Did not face this problem at all during the entire trip! Even after placing a few small bags on the front seat.
Still, did ask the SA over phone in case he is aware - he was not sure why this could have happened.

Fingers crossed as of now.

As for the Mandarmani trip, it was fun. Though I won't give a travelogue as this is typically a no-brainer trip with well laid out roads, eateries and great resorts, it is about "mera Jeep Compass kitna diya".

Crossed 1000 km in this trip. The mileage at 1001 km was 16.6 kmpl. That to me was great. No image I could take, though.

Reaching Mandarmani, this was the mileage (15.2 kmpl) for this half leg of the trip.
My 2021 Jeep Compass Petrol AT Ownership Review-img_20220701_123238.jpg

Back home in Kolkata, the overall trip mileage was an impressive (at least to me) a 14.2 kmpl.
My 2021 Jeep Compass Petrol AT Ownership Review-img_20220702_164244.jpg

The average mileage of my car stands at 11 kmpl till now, having driven 1250+ km.
My 2021 Jeep Compass Petrol AT Ownership Review-img_20220702_164301.jpg
car-go is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 19:52   #119
BHPian

Quote:
I've always had this issue of no seat belt warning in case nobody is sitting on the co-passenger side and obviously seat belt not fastened. Was told by the service center that co-passenger seat belt needs to be buckled even if nobody is sitting for this to not happen.
Old 8th July 2022, 23:15   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoter View Post
I've always had this issue of no seat belt warning in case nobody is sitting on the co-passenger side and obviously seat belt not fastened. Was told by the service center that co-passenger seat belt needs to be buckled even if nobody is sitting for this to not happen.
This must be weight sensor issue or a software bug.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks