Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2021, 19:19   #16
BHPian

Re: Our first crossover | 2021 Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Zeta MT Review

Congratulations on your new ride! The front profile especially in that colour looks absolutely stunning. That headlight setup is still one of the classiest IMHO.

While there might be some small misses like the lack of rear power outlets, I'm sure this car is still the most practical and fuss-free choice from the segment.

Being a Maruti, it will serve you for years to come with little to no headaches! Wishing you many happy miles ahead!
AKSarkar1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 18:39   #17
BHPian

Congrats!
I personally think S-Cross is the best looking SUV/crossovers of its segment in the market, very mature and elegant design that has definitely aged well. Its build quality is lot better than avg Maruti.
I had shied away from S-Cross due to old sluggish auto gearbox, else it was the vehicle of my choice too!
speedracer05 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 21:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
In your car, the only thing that I didn't like was fitment of the seat covers; very average I would say, although the covers per se look nice.
You read my mind! I am also a bit un-happy with it. In my city 3rd party fitment seat covers are cheap and bad. Bad contours and quality. The only option was from Nexa itself. This piece costed like 20k and honestly I think I paid too much for this. I was just like lets just get it done with. Also if you note, the rear seat belt anchor kind of got lost inside. I think will have to have a drive to Kolkata to get something nicer and precise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
This is news. Does WB have a once in 5 year road tax structure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aan nhu mare? View Post
Why would road tax need renewal in just 5 years ? Isn't it paid for lifetime?
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
West Bengal has a provision wherein you can choose to pay either a 5 year road tax or 10/15 years (not sure about the latter two).
Yes, as @superbad said we have 2 provisions. 5 years or lifetime(15 years). If 5 years cost 10k, then lifetime will cost 20k. It's a good discount if you plan to use the car more than 10 years which again looks like a long stretch. Like our last car in 5 years it got quite beat, so lets see how this one fares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
You’re from my birth city!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wason4699 View Post
Hope to catch up with you at Asansol.
Wow! I never realized I'd find someone from Asansol at Team-BHP. Will love to. Nice to hear from you guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSarkar1 View Post
While there might be some small misses like the lack of rear power outlets, I'm sure this car is still the most practical and fuss-free choice from the segment.
Yes exactly! I do have some plan on that. I have some USB enclosure mounts, will have to plan some DIY. That might call for some additional posts in future.
Old 31st October 2022, 20:12   #19
BHPian

Great update Chiro

I am a new member here and I also switched from Swift - 2007 petrol to S-cross 1.5 - 2021 petrol. Before finalizing on S-cross, I was in a similar dilemma while looking for my next car. Swift was a no non-sense car and never gave any kind of trouble, just regular maintenance did the trick to keep it up and running for last 14.5 years. I had to sell it unfortunately just because of 15 year petrol cars rule in Delhi-NCR. I so wish I could have kept it for few more years by getting its fitness certificate like other states :( .Then I started looking for my next car and Maruti Suzuki was my last choice since I wanted to experience a different brand. I started to explore other brands and my requirements were clear - Petrol vehicle and preferably naturally aspirated engine as I am a sedate driver, SUV/Crossover with some good space inside. While I was in the market, by that time Kia Seltos' Global NCAP rating was out (which I almost finalized) which made me look elsewhere. Hyundai Creta also based on same platform wasn't confidence inspiring either from safety perspective. One fine day, my wife suggested S-cross,l though I was not very keen to explore Maruti Suzuki again, but still I thought to give it a try. I called Nexa the next day and sales executives came to my place for test drive. I test drove it at different sections of a road and found it pretty well. S-cross is also based on Suzuki's global platform which has scored pretty well in crash test ratings. S-cross is not a feature loaded car but has some decent practical features. As somebody said earlier in this forum, it was more like - 'The car chose me'. I booked the Zeta variant, most value for money variant and after ten days, I took the delivery.

Needless to say, it is very good cruiser, good handling and suspension setup. Comfortable over long journeys and feels solid.

Few things I believe would make it even better - 6th gear - which is missing. This would have made highway runs even more smoother, but having 5 gears is a boon in city. Rear AC vents missing and I have observed Android Auto hangs sometimes and I am unable to find any fix for that yet. Tried changing phones, cables, resting Android Auto app by clearing cache and also resetting the head-unit as well. Showed it to SA as well, they did flash a software, but it hasn't resolved this issue yet. Car Play works seamless though.

After one year, I am happy with the purchase and enjoy every trip with it.
Old 17th November 2023, 23:18   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiro3110 View Post
Our place doesn't have much dealerships. We have to choose between Maruti, Honda, Tata, Mahindra and Hyundai only. ....
The Honda and Tata Showrooms share the same building. If you went to the TATA showroom a few kms after Beekay.

Most Viewed