Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2023, 12:43   #46
BHPian

Re: Škoda Kushaq 1.5 TSI MT Ownership Review | My Crossover Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
10000kms update
Last Feb, visited Tafe Mangalore for rear wheel hub replacement and other pending works from my previous visit.
I'm sorry if you've already answered this, but why was the wheel hub replaced? Was it due to a squeaking sound while braking?
Old 5th January 2023, 22:15   #47
BHPian

Thanks for constantly sharing your experience. I completed 7k in 5 months (majority being the 5k during a trip) and experience like yours helps get prepared for at least the currently known issues. I am also seeing a whistling sound during reverse (not always) and a minor creaking sound in first gear. During the check-up before trip the SA asked me to ignore the later issue. Regarding the fuel also, I have been using XP95 as read during your initial posts.

One quick question- did you fill 1 liter oil after completing 8k kms? The SA told me it's needed for 1.5 engines.
Old 6th January 2023, 09:29   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
I'm sorry if you've already answered this, but why was the wheel hub replaced? Was it due to a squeaking sound while braking?
First-time rear wheel hubs were replaced as a part of a campaign from Skoda. The second time left rear wheel hub was replaced as I reported a humming noise and the warranty was denied as I had upgraded my shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravs3012 View Post
Thanks for constantly sharing your experience. I completed 7k in 5 months (majority being the 5k during a trip) and experience like yours helps get prepared for at least the currently known issues. I am also seeing a whistling sound during reverse (not always) and a minor creaking sound in first gear. During the check-up before trip the SA asked me to ignore the later issue. Regarding the fuel also, I have been using XP95 as read during your initial posts.

One quick question- did you fill 1 liter oil after completing 8k kms? The SA told me it's needed for 1.5 engines.
I do have this occasional squeaking noise while braking, believe this is because of dust, or other debris on the surface of the pads or rotors. For now major irritant is rattling noise from the central console and strange noise coming from the rear whenever the car goes over undulations. Initially, I had brushed it off thinking it is originating from friction between the subwoofer and stepney. But sound still exists even after removing it.

Talking about oil consumption, don`t give heed to what SA said to you. It is common to have new engines consume some oil. So far my car had consumed only 800ml of oil and that is in a range of 100-200ml every 4000 - 6000 km. Don`t wait until the low oil warning message is displayed in the console, periodically check the oil level in the dipstick and top up accordingly.

A couple of months ago, I received this from Skoda.
Škoda Kushaq 1.5 TSI MT Ownership Review | My Crossover Story-f.jpg

This along with the Rs 9000 coupon which some of the early customers like me received, definitely helps in building a positive brand image. A good gesture indeed from Skoda.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 6th January 2023 at 09:43.
DragonHawk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 11:17   #49
BHPian

Thanks again, will keep in mind. Yes, a nice gesture indeed! I agree Skoda seems to be working on improving their brand image specially after sales- let's hope for the best.
Old 6th January 2023, 16:26   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
In comparison with Vredestein, I felt Michelin sidewalls are a bit soft and given the road conditions we have, I felt the stiffer sidewalls was one of my primary requirement.
I'm too scared to try a newer brand, especially considering the prices at which they sell and the fact that one has to live with it for another 25-30K Kms before another change is due. So end up sticking to tried and tested Michelin / Pirelli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Interesting, may I know why or can you please elaborate? There are few KA21 members here and I am sure, are keen to know. I hope its not because KA21 drivers are considered rash drivers .
Well some are definitely rash drivers, but most are used to drive in narrow and curvy roads in interior Puttur / Sullia, so they're inherently more accurate drivers.

A small example, I Remember driving down from Mysore and i overtook a KA21 Ford Ecosport near Madikeri, he chased me down all they way till I stopped at CCD Sullia!
It was just a Moral victory for me, considering that I was driving a Mini Cooper S .

Last edited by Sheel : 6th January 2023 at 17:08. Reason: Please put space after a punctuation mark, not before it. Thanks.
SRISRI_90 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks