Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2021, 16:43   #121

Re: Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Taurus View Post
Shashi, i need a quick confirmation. Do you know anyone who has got the Alpha camera installed on the Zeta version? I had a short discussion with Puneeth (from Essar Auto) and he suspects that the connectors could be different as the male connector on the Alpha and Zeta model may be different, otherwise he does not see any reason why there should be 2 different part numbers and such a price difference between the two (almost 3K). The dealer is not sure because he has never ordered the Alpha camera before.
Hi B-Taurus. I have booked a Zeta AT and am facing the same issue as you were facing earlier with the reverse camera.

The dealer says 990J0M72S21-020 is the one that is installed on Alpha. The Maruti website shows this to be priced at ₹3790 and the dealer says he cannot give it below ₹5000 and also shows this as the listed camera for XL6.

I asked him for 39970M72R00 and he said he has no idea about it. The Maruti website also does not show this part number. It says that such a part number does not exist.

Please let me know if you were able to procure the camera.
Old 12th November 2021, 17:29   #122
BHPian

Hi AviC, yes the accessories guy at the dealer was able to procure the Alpha rear camera, I had posted pics of the same on Procrj’s post, you may check there.
Talk to the accessories guy directly, they’ve a method to place the request based on the part number.
However if you’re paying for it anyway (5k quoted by dealer) you may as well contact an authorised MGP (Maruti Genuine Parts) store and ask them for the same, they’ll place an order and get it for you. You may get it installed later at the dealer. Try it out and let us know.
If necessary I can provide my accessories guy number and they can talk to him to check how to place the order.
But get the right part somehow, don’t agree for a compromise.
B-Taurus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 17:52   #123

Quote:
Hi AviC, yes the accessories guy at the dealer was able to procure the Alpha rear camera, I had posted pics of the same on Procrj’s post, you may check there.
=======
I spoke to the accessories guy. He said that under accessories the part number changes. If bought from the service center or MGP, the same part will have a different model number as it comes as a replacement part and not under accessories. He said that the camera is the same and he can compare it with an alpha side by side for my satisfaction.

He also said he will not be able to reduce the charges for this one.

I had this conversation with Nexa Kandivali, Mumbai.

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th November 2021 at 18:38. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 12th November 2021, 17:57   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
+1
Think from their perspective, you are just one of the hundreds of customers they deal with, and just a means to sell off their lying inventory. Why would they worry about your car or the issues you face later, even the service part is not their headache. Thus comes all sort of excuses and threats like warranty getting void etc.

But as an owner, the car will be with you for a long time, so its better to go with the best part and go the extra mile.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 12:54   #125

Quote:
============
Finally after a lot of back and forth, they have accepted that the other part exists and is available at their service center.

I wanted to know if it is a direct plug and play part or does it require any wiring?

I was told that they will have to extend a wire from the back to the head unit for the connection.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th November 2021 at 13:03. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please avoid quoting entire large post for replies. Thanks.
Old 17th November 2021, 13:19   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviC View Post
I wanted to know if it is a direct plug and play part or does it require any wiring?
This is also direct plug and play and doesnt require any additional wiring.
Quote:
I was told that they will have to extend a wire from the back to the head unit for the connection.
This is just dealer giving you BS. Ask him to confirm in writing and see him squirm
procrj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 16:38   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviC View Post

There is a wire which is already running till boot door for plug and play MGA camera. The Alpha's camera can be plugged to the same coupler.

The dealer is just trying different tactics to scare and force you to buy the MGA camera they have in stock.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 17:24   #128
BHPian

No AviC, the wiring is already there. I was there when it was installed on my car. They just have to connect the plugs together on the boot lid to the camera. For the HUD also there is a connector which needs to be connected behind it, don't allow them to remove the HUD, there is an option to remove the glove box and connect the plug from behind if the guy is experienced enough. All the best
B-Taurus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 10:57   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy New Year. While 2022 is not off to a great start thanks to Omicron, hopefully we see the end of the pandemic soon and life can get back to a semblance of pre-covid normality.

It has been a quiet few months for me as work and other priorities did not permit me to travel a lot. A quick trip to Chikkamagaluru around Christmas and a new year trip with friends & family to a plantation near Belur ensured that I was able to take the car out on the NH and get some kms on the odo. The last few kms to the plantation was a small off-road section and the final approach to the homestay is a rutted stretch with a lot of loose stones and gravel. Underbody protection definetly helped as I was able to power through the ruts and stones without worrying about a flying projectile causing a lot of damage.

Winter morning on Hassan Highway
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-h1.jpg

Lara Homestay, located ~20 kms from Belur is a very good option if you want to get away from the hustle of BLR and want a place to relax, put your feet up and enjoy some open space. With a mix of dorm style and individual rooms, they can accommodate a ~16 people.

Birdseye view of the homestay
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-l2.jpg
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-l3.jpg

Dining area with a view
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-l1.jpg
Pic Credit - Lara Homestay

Old faithful - old mahindra doing duty in the plantation
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-old.jpg

Food is simple but tasty malnad style home cooked meals and the hosts ensure that your small requests with regards to food are addressed. Rooms are clean, cozy but you wont be spending a lot of time there as the view from the dining area and the open space in front of the home is where we ended up spending most of our time. Birds are plenty and all you need to do is wake up early and walk around a bit to spot some of these winged beauties. Manged to spot the usual mix of sunbirds and located a sunbird nest with a lot of chirping little babies, red whiskered & vented bulbuls, a racket tail drongo did call for my attention with its metallic voice, kingfishers, grey hornbills sunning themselves, coppersmith & white cheeked barbets, rose ringed parakeets etc.Temperature did drop a little during the night and the dedicated space for bonfire ensured that we ended up spending 3-4 hours soaking in the warmth. All in all a very cozy and comfortable space to relax, unwind and bring in the new year.

Nothing new to report on the car front, it continues to be a very comfortable drive, both in city & highways. The refined petrol engine and damping ensures that folks inside are not really aware of the speed that the car is travelling at - both my wife and son repeatedly asked me why I was driving "slow", when actually I was cruising at 90-95 kmph on the 4L highway.

I had observed a lot of small grey spots on my front windshield, which used to leave a white streak after using the wipers. Upon closer inspection, these seemed to be cement spots which were creating a thin film on the windshield when they were mixing with water (rain or wiper use). I had to do multiple rounds of IPA wipe-down to ensure that these spots disappear.
Attachment 2256564

Based on feedback from Leoshashi and his experimentation with fog lamps, I plan to upgrade mine to Valeo + Osram combination. Waiting for the price of Valeo units to drop, post which I will order the housing and fog lamps. Only other major upgrade that is pending is floor damping, which is not top priority and I plan to execute this only after this Omicron wave flattens out. Signing off with a few pics of the car.
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-1.jpg
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-2.jpg

Last edited by procrj : 9th January 2022 at 11:05.
procrj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 13:31   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

3rd Service - 10K

Got my 10K service done last weekend when the odo was at 9.6K kms. Booked an appointment on the app, drove down to Varun Nexa Service Center at 9.15 am. Car was in the bay at 9.30 am and work was done by 10.15 am and I drove out the service center by 10.30 am.
Following is the list of services:
  • Engine oil changed - SA was pushing for 5W30 but I asked him to ensure that they use 0W16 oil. Since I was at the service bay, ensured that the oil was 0W16 before it was replaced
  • Oil filter was replaced
  • Cabin air filter replaced
  • Air filter - I had changed the same at 9K kms and hence they cleaned and replaced the air filter
  • Front and rear brakes were cleaned and checked
  • Coolant and Brake fluid was topped up - hardly any drop in both these levels
  • Battery cells were checked

Total cost was 2.1K and I did not opt for wheel alignment/balancing and washing, as I always get both of these done outside, based on my preference and convenience.

On Friday, I had to drive through thick fog during the early morning hours and the headlights and fog lamps do a miserable job of lighting up the road. It was 50 kms of cautious driving and the only thing that was worked in my favor was the sparse traffic at 5.30 am on the narrow 2L road. First priority is going to be replacing fog lamps with a setup that does a good job of providing light during fog/rainy conditions.

The only pics of the car from the recent trip to Kabini, detailed T-Log posted here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ip-kabini.html (Fantastic Felines - Quick trip to Kabini)
Attached Thumbnails
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-b1.jpg  

procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 11:52   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

It has been 17 Months since the last update and its just been quiet sailing with the XL6. No new additions to the car, no deletions, No new rattles, problems or issues to talk about either. All in all, its been a very quiet and trouble free 17 months. 20K service was completed in March 2023 and it costed me 6.7K. Odo currently stands at 22.1K Kms thanks to a few trips over the last few months:
  • Feb - Overnighter to BR Hills
  • May - Long weekend trip to Niruttara Kabini
  • May- Weekend drive to Chidambaram and Vaitheswaran Kovil
  • June - Overnighter at Green Pastures, Coorg

BR Hills and Giridarshini homestay
BR hills has always been on my to do list but never managed to go there. Needed a break in Feb and decided to head to BR hills and stay at Giridarshini. The drive to BR hills was a relaxed drive with multiple stops for breakfast and maddur vade. The idea was to just chill but Prashant the Naturalist at Giridarshini convinced us to go on the jeep safari at K-Gudi.
Nothing comes close to fresh air in a forest and driving through one in your own vehicle with windows rolled down is absolute bliss. The drive through the forest to get to K-Gudi safari point is one of the best drives in Karnataka, and it was made all the more interesting by Prashant, who shared information about the forest area, tribes, festivals, animal/bird behavior etc. While we did not spot any mammals during the safari, we did see a tusker in musth on our way back to the homestay.

Road through the forest
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-b2.jpg

Tusker
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-b3.jpg

Plans were made for the morning safari and the 6am drive from BR hills to K-Gudi safari point was just amazing. The anticipation gets into your system and the entire experience is all about being in the present, enjoying the moment and not bothering about everything else.

Morning vibes at K-Gudi safari start point
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-b4.jpg

Giridarshini is one of the best homestay options at BR hills. Located on the road leading to the temple, its surrounded by coffee plantations and is a bird watchers paradise. Rooms are basic but clean but the food is amazing, which is typically home cooked veg fare with a lot of temple style flavors. Anyone who enjoys simple south Indian food will definitely relish the food.

View from the room entrance

On the whole, the trip turned out to be a much needed breather from the routine and I do plan to go back to BR Hills during the monsoon.

Chidambaram and Vaitheswaran Kovil

Long pending temple trip finally materialized and it ended up being a quick dash to the temples and back over 2 days. Route and road updates shared here (Bangalore - Chidambaram : Route Queries). Chidambaram temple has always been one of my go to temples in South India and I can just stand/sit there for many hours, soaking in the vibe.

Niruttara Kabini
A group of close friends + family have been to Niruttara Coorg a few times and when we got to know that they have a new property close to Kabini, we were all set to get there and relax, which is exactly what we ended up doing during the long weekend.

Welcome my friend
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-n0.jpg

Niruttara Kabini is a well designed, comfortable space where you can absolutely relax with family and friends. Two large cottages, each of which can accommodate 4-5 adults, ensures that it’s the perfect space for 3-4 families. The pool is neither too big nor too small and allows enough space for kids to splash around while the adults can relax and enjoy the warm water. The sit out near the pool is good, but I would definetly recommend the sit out near the river as the best place on the property.

Tonight is the night!
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-n2.jpg

Down by the river
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-n3.jpg

A short walk through the farm and you are on the banks of Kabini river, downstream from the dam. You can either choose to put your feet up on the deck and enjoy the sunset OR huddle in the sit-out, enjoy the rain with a cup of hot steaming coffee. Food served here is tasty home cooked fare and Kumar, the property manager, and his team ensure that they accommodate your small requests.

Ride through our silence
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-n6.jpg

Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-n5.jpg

Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-n4.jpg

On the whole, the experience is that of quiet comfort, perfect for unwinding and spending some quality time with friends and family.

P.S: The last couple of kms to the property is through mud roads that can be done in any vehicle. Please do ensure that you follow Mr. Kumar's instructions to get to the property. Do not follow google maps as it will take you through some very bad roads.

Green Pastures, Coorg

This was an overnighter with a set of old friends to enjoy the rains in June, but delayed monsoon onset ensured that there were no rains. Zeroed in on Green Pastures based on Dr.AD's thread and we had absolutely no regrets. Comfortable rooms, delicious food (don’t miss the fruit custard!) and a bonfire to keep us warm through the night, ensured that we had a really good time. Hemant and Tripula ensured that we were comfortable and did not want for anything. After a late breakfast, we decided to head back home early and beat the Sunday rush into Bangalore. Definitely recommend Green Pastures to anyone looking for a quiet getaway to relax and unwind.

Roads of Somwarpete
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-g1.jpg

Green Pastures
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-g5.jpg

Just relax
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-g2.jpg

Comfortable rooms
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-g3.jpg

When the sun sets
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-g4.jpg

Closing out the update with a few pics of the car.

Somewhere in BLR
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-c1.jpg

Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-c2.jpg

At K-Gudi
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-c3.jpg
procrj is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 16:53   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

The Dance of Light

Pick a mountain, it can be any mountain, one that is draped in dark brooding green of evergreen forests OR effervescent green of monsoon grass OR light green of tea plantations OR the sticky green of coffee plantations. There is no place better than a mountain to watch the dance of light, which is an unique monsoon experience in itself, since its not just about the light.

Wispy tendrils of clouds
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-k1.jpg

Dance of light is a concoction of many distinct ingredients that leaves you mesmerized. It starts with a large helping of clouds racing across the hills, either as floating wisps drifting through the mountain peaks, or as marching bands of dark rain clouds that bring on twilight and rain down on you. With the clouds comes the wind, at times as a gentle breeze that holds you in its blissful drift, else storming through as a bone chilling gust that reaches deep into the core of your body, wanting to snatch away all the warmth.

Monsoon magic
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-k6.jpg

Add to the wind a dash of smell, of wet earth drinking in the rain, of fresh green shoots finding new life, of clean air drifting through the valley. Mix in a few drops of sound, of trees rustling in the gentle breeze, of birds twittering away in the morning light, of heavy silence that drapes the hills before the rains come down., of rain drumming against your umbrella. All of these put together, make the dance of light an amazing experience, which continuously changes with time. Simmering like a mirage at one moment and awe inspiring like an avalanche in other moment.

Kadamane Tea Estate
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-k2.jpg
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-k3.jpg
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-k4.jpg

We got to experience the Dance of Light at Sinnadorai's Bungalow, Kadamane. The drive up to Kadamane sets the tone, with winding roads that lead up to this beautiful bungalow, located in the heart of Western Ghats. You tune out all the sound around you - music, people talking, bikes honking etc. Focus on the rains drops and try to listen to the orchestra as a whole - steady slow start, a pitter patter that quickly turns into loud crescendo, the bassy growl of your engine as you downshift, the scrunch, splash and squelch of your tires providing the running score. Focus on the narrow winding strip of tarmac, sometimes glistening wet with fresh rain, sometimes grey and worn like old granite, sometimes sporting brown streaks of mud washed down, sometimes hiding its wicked smile in a puddle. While its hard to focus on the various shades of green that drift past your vision, know that its always better to stop for a minute, and zero in on that emotion that is filling your head - Joy! Quiet joy of walking back to your car and pausing to enjoy that moment. Ecstatic joy of looking at rolling hills with the wind screaming into your ears and rain belting down on you. Serene joy of rolling downhill, windows down and soft rain caressing your skin. Unbridled joy of sharing a monsoon moment with friends and family.

Roads, drives and expereinces
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-k5.jpg
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-k7.jpg
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-c1.jpg

As you drive up to the gate of Kadamane, the green of the hills and tea plantations makes you forget about everything else. The joy that you felt while driving up to the gate, gets multiplied exponentially as you drive through the estate and climb up the small hill to the bungalow. We were greeted with cold lemon tea but all we needed was time. Time to put our feet up and soak in the vista of rolling hills, time to watch the dance of light, time to unwind and feel yourselves drifting away.

Wet tarmac, the best kind of tarmac
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-c3.jpg
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-c4.jpg
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-c6.jpg

Spacious rooms that still manage to provide a faint glimmer of their colonial past, sit outs that allow you to enjoy the rain while sipping on Kadamane's delicious red tea and tasty food ensures that you don’t really have any reason to complain.

Cozy colonial comfort - kadamane
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-b2.jpg
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-b3.jpg

On the whole, this trip to Kadamane was a perfect break from the monotony of daily life. Here is hoping for a couple of more through the season.
Signing off with a couple of more pics.

Chasing the rain
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-c2.jpg
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-c5.jpg

procrj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 18:43   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Fog lamps Upgrade

After sitting on the fence for a year and reading up on all options, decided to upgrade fog lamps for better visibility. Valeo fog lamp housing was the default choice and I had zeroed in on the Blaupunkt 9X Pro, but feedback from Leoshashi ensured that I picked the newly launched Osram 50W 4200K LEDs.

Valeo costed 1.4K INR and Osrams were on a deal for 5.1K INR.
Valeo link - https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-fog_...ight-58217590/
Osram link - https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-h8_h...of_2-58298702/

Fitting the same was a simple 20 min DIY and the best part is that everything is plug and play, no wire cutting.

Some pics that clearly highlight the difference.

OEM vs Valeo + Osram
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-f1.jpg

Let there be light
Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-f2.jpg

Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-f3.jpg

Brique - My Auburn Red Maruti-Suzuki XL6 (Alpha MT)-f4.jpg

Now its time to stretch my legs and test the fogs out in fog/rain.
procrj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 14:53   #134
BHPian

Hi Procrj, I am still sitting on the fence for fog lamp upgrade for my ertiga. I have already procured the valeo fog lamp housing. Procrastinating for the bulbs / LED.
Old 15th October 2023, 18:16   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Hi Procrj, I am still sitting on the fence for fog lamp upgrade for my ertiga. I have already procured the valeo fog lamp housing. Procrastinating for the bulbs / LED.
There is signifcant improvement in visiblity with the fogs. First 6s is just Low beam, and after that its Low beam + Osram fogs.
Definitely recommend the Osram 50W at Rs 5.1K price point

Last edited by procrj : 15th October 2023 at 18:41.
procrj is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks