Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2022, 23:56   #31

Re: The Story of Zuki - Ownership Review of Maruti Alto K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTigor View Post
Wow now thats a tasty K10, I am going to do similar stuff with my dads K10(second gen) once he plans to dispose it off. The K10 is such a capable car. My first mod is going to be sound dampening and blackening of chrome.
Thank you! Please share when you start modding your dad's K10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skb1811 View Post
gotta say, a 3 cylinder engine, with a proper exhaust system, sounds very very good.
the wheel setup looks pretty nice as well!
Thank you for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishsGT View Post
Hello Phukan_Tridiv,

Congrats on acquiring the 'Zuki'!!
You really have a way with words. Thoroughly enjoyed every bit of your write-up. Wishing you many happy miles with it.

Cheers,
Ashish
I am glad that you liked the thread. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
A gripping and absorbing write-up, Phukan_Tridiv! Your emotions come through clear and strong. I recall our first car (an Omni) and how much we became attached to it. You did a great thing buying a used Alto. The learning experience of being a car owner - with all its highs and lows - are very well brought out in your narrative.

I wish you - and Zuki - many more happy years together.
Thank you so much shashanka! Yes, you develop a strong bond with your first ever vehicle.
Phukan_Tridiv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2022, 00:23   #32
BHPian

Excellent writeup Tridiv. Really loved going through the wonderfully detailed thread.

I would like to add a few lines from my side about your car:

First off would be the overall look and feel of your car, looks and feels unlike any other Alto K10 that we see in our day to day life. And more so after the addition of the new alloys. These really compliment the overall elegant design of the K10.

Then comes the part of the drive. This is what I feel needs a special mention here. What is really the most important aspect of any car is how it drives, and this is one department that this K10 truly delivers in. You have managed to bring this car to such a spec that it'd leave an automotive enthusiast grinning obnoxiously once he's behind the wheel. The intake and the exhaust adds to the drama that a man of 4 wheels need. I've driven this car straight up after driving my Grand i10, and as you guys like to joke about, driving a Grand i10 after driving this K10 really feels like switching over to an EV

Will conclude my post with a wonderful snap that we had of our rides the other day.

JD_404's Elite i20, your K10 and my Grand i10 sharing a scenic sunset
The Story of Zuki - Ownership Review of Maruti Alto K10-img_20220302_16492801.jpeg

Last edited by Tanveer02 : 12th March 2022 at 00:28.
Tanveer02 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 21:57   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer02 View Post
Excellent writeup Tridiv. Really loved going through the wonderfully detailed thread.

I would like to add a few lines from my side about your car:

First off would be the overall look and feel of your car, looks and feels unlike any other Alto K10 that we see in our day to day life. And more so after the addition of the new alloys. These really compliment the overall elegant design of the K10.

Then comes the part of the drive. This is what I feel needs a special mention here. What is really the most important aspect of any car is how it drives, and this is one department that this K10 truly delivers in. You have managed to bring this car to such a spec that it'd leave an automotive enthusiast grinning obnoxiously once he's behind the wheel. The intake and the exhaust adds to the drama that a man of 4 wheels need. I've driven this car straight up after driving my Grand i10, and as you guys like to joke about, driving a Grand i10 after driving this K10 really feels like switching over to an EV

Will conclude my post with a wonderful snap that we had of our rides the other day.

JD_404's Elite i20, your K10 and my Grand i10 sharing a scenic sunset
Attachment 2283730
Thank You! Looking forward to more rides and meet-ups. Cheers!
Phukan_Tridiv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 08:08   #34
BANNED

Lovely little ALTO. It is the perfect car in my books.

Grateful if you can share the following.

1. Which ENGINE oil, GEAR oil and COOLANT you are using.
2. Do you plan to upgrade the suspension or suspension bushes.

Thank you in advance.
norhog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 19:53   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by norhog View Post
Lovely little ALTO. It is the perfect car in my books.

Grateful if you can share the following.

1. Which ENGINE oil, GEAR oil and COOLANT you are using.
2. Do you plan to upgrade the suspension or suspension bushes.

Thank you in advance.
Thank you!
1. Engine oil = Idemitsu 5W-30 Fully Synthetic
Coolant = Ecstar by MGP (Green)
Gear Oil = Mobil 80W 90 Synthetic (changed once)
2. I have overhauled all 4 shockers and bushes at 70k Kms. The car rides marginally better!
Phukan_Tridiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 12:00   #36
BHPian

Damn!! I just went through each message of such a long thread 😅

I loved the way you have covered the mods and most importantly WHY you did what you did. Many people now a days have absolutely no understanding at all about why they want to do the changes in their cars, they just want to change something.

I am proud owner of Alto K10 Type1 since 2013, will be completing 80k in few days.

I do most of the work at home only which helps me connect with 'Noorie' more and more. Recently changed rear shockers, water pump, break pads, now the front shockers are due for change.

Also the service is due, planning to go for fully synthetic oil this time. Would like to hear from you what difference did you feel after changing to Synthetic?

I will also be working upon reducing the rattling sounds by installing new clips in the door trims. And thinking of getting it repainted as I want to pass on this beauty to my younger sister as I will be upgrading to XL6 next month.

I love this car a lot because we have been through a lot. And this K10 has never let me down. TOUCHWOOD.

I enjoy off-roading on my Himalayan as well as in my Alto let me share 2 links.

This car just keeps on growing on you.
BikerKeeda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 21:46   #37
BHPian

Excellent writeup Tridiv Da. The current wheel setup makes the car look hot. Some days ago, I saw the car in your neighbourhood. My friend was accompanying me. He isn't interested in cars. However, that non enthusiast bloke was totally smitten by your "pocket rocket". I would love to get a test drive of the car whenever we meet.
Old 26th May 2023, 21:38   #38
BHPian

Was reading about Zuki ownership, but had to leave midway as I went off to Bhutan for a two night trip. Back here and read the rest. So glad to read your detailed ownership experience, especially as I had the good fortune of seeing your car during our brief meeting at Guwahati.

I’m considering the exhaust mod that you’ve done in your car. Will definitely get in touch if I do.

The Story of Zuki - Ownership Review of Maruti Alto K10-img_4541.jpeg

Saw this grey Alto in Gelephu and I was reminded of your car.
Hirohito is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 13:56   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKat View Post
Excellent writeup Tridiv Da. The current wheel setup makes the car look hot. Some days ago, I saw the car in your neighbourhood.
Thanks a lot Turbokat! Looking forward to a meet up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerKeeda View Post
Damn!! I just went through each message of such a long thread.

I am proud owner of Alto K10 Type1 since 2013, will be completing 80k in few days. I do most of the work at home only which helps me connect with 'Noorie' more and more. Recently changed rear shockers, water pump, break pads, now the front shockers are due for change.
It is always exciting knowing another enthusiastic K10 owner! I am impressed with the fact that you enjoy the DIY stuff!

Quote:
Also the service is due, planning to go for fully synthetic oil this time. Would like to hear from you what difference did you feel after changing to Synthetic?
As I have always used synthetic oils (only the first servicing after getting the car being a separate case), I can not comment of any drastic difference as such. Zuki is now at 1.15L Kms. I make sure to change the engine oil in every 10k kms. The engine still idles normally and no loss of power over the years is felt. So I believe sticking to synthetic oils has been a good decision so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirohito View Post
Was reading about Zuki ownership, but had to leave midway as I went off to Bhutan for a two night trip. Back here and read the rest. So glad to read your detailed ownership experience, especially as I had the good fortune of seeing your car during our brief meeting at Guwahati.
Thank you Shishir daa! Also congratulations on your Jimny! Expecting a meet up with you soon!

Mod note: Kindly use the Quote+ functionality to quote multiple posts.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 6th December 2023 at 14:21. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts
Phukan_Tridiv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 20:25   #40
BHPian

The Story of Zuki - Ownership Review of Maruti Alto K10-20231224_162629.jpg

A pic of the K10 and ChiranjitP's Polo clicked during a small Team BHP member meet. The K10 was wearing 175 section tyres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks