Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2021, 11:38   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Grey Stallion | BS6 4th-Gen Honda City SV-MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooblaster View Post
Frankly I was a bit wary of taking an automatic offering from Tata. So decided to take a manual if it had to be a TATA.

The Kazhakuttam Technopark area was a nightmare (at least in the pre covid era). I normally don't take that route to visit tvm city. Moreover once the kazhakuttam flyover is completed, i expect things to improve

The XMA doesn't offer sun roof (though it was not a must have criteria)
I guess with your better half's mistrust of the Tata brand compounded things.

I did drive a friend's XMA(S) Petrol and I thought it was much better than the Espresso AMT my sister owns.

The XMA(S) model does have the sunroof. Priced similarly as the City SVMT. CarDekho has the City SVMT at 9.29 lacs and the Nexon XMA S Petrol at 9.35 lacs. I think the XMA is priced lower.

However, the City is a wonderful car especially for the NA 1.5 4 pot, with VTEC Yo!.. Plus the mod potential is there too. Since the car has an option with the 185 section 16 inch rubber, there is nothing legally wrong in upgrading to that size. However, I wouldn't trust low profile tyres on our roads. 185/65 or 195/60 in 15 inch would bre a good upgrade IMHO. I convinced a colleague who has a 2014 City and a penchant for speeding to upgrade to wider rubber, if he couldn't stick to the speed limits, and he says it's served him well and got him out of several tricky situations.

I feel the almost punitive level of taxation is putting pressure on car makers to compromise on safety essentials like these. Not to mention the rising fuel costs, which has lead to a "mileage" race to 25 and 30 kpl.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 12:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 View Post
Yes, the Rapid TSI is faster in straight line but can it match the aural treat of redlining a good ol' 4 cylinder? I think not.
Could not agree more on this . The TSI sounds relatively gruff and unrefined due to the inherent nature of 3 cylinder imbalance. The iVTEC on the other hand is quiet at lower revs has a lovely growl that progressively improves the higher you climb up the tachometer. I personally really enjoy the progressive growl of the iVTEC engine every time I drive my City.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 14:23   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
Does the cruise control deactivate in case we press the accelerator pedal? Can you please confirm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgyan View Post
Small correction : Cruise control won't deactivate if you use accelerator. It'll accelerate further but once you let go of it, it'll come back and hold the set speed. Atleast that's how it works on my City CVT.
Will check and update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitjain View Post
Just want to know how is the AC cooling of your Honda City. I also have 4th Gen 2018 model - V.
I am not happy with the Air conditioning of the car fit Delhi Heat. Maybe Kerala with Humid climate AC might be better.
Can you let me know the minimum Grill temperature attained in your city .
AC performance is satisfactory. But then again never ventured in temperature above 40 C. So can't comment on AC performance in NCR conditions. How to measure grill temp ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I guess with your better half's mistrust of the Tata brand compounded things.
Yes and no.

No to Tata AMT was a decision i made. Too many reliability issues abound in our forum. An ASS guy also confirmed the same. Apparently these modules are imported and had some faults. But as per him, the recently manufactured ones have the problems sorted. But I didn't have the confidence.

Convinced wife about TATA brand. But the looks of nexon and the 3 cylinder engine NVH did me in. She however was ready to buy a Harrier, but my wallet didn't agree

Quote:
The XMA(S) model does have the sunroof. Priced similarly as the City SVMT. CarDekho has the City SVMT at 9.29 lacs and the Nexon XMA S Petrol at 9.35 lacs. I think the XMA is priced lower.
The S variant was introduced by TML to cash in on the sunroof mania

Quote:
Since the car has an option with the 185 section 16 inch rubber, there is nothing legally wrong in upgrading to that size. However, I wouldn't trust low profile tyres on our roads. 185/65 or 195/60 in 15 inch would bre a good upgrade IMHO.
I feel the almost punitive level of taxation is putting pressure on car makers to compromise on safety essentials like these. Not to mention the rising fuel costs, which has lead to a "mileage" race to 25 and 30 kpl.
Don't want to tinker in the warranty period. Possibly will go all out after the warranty period.

Last edited by Voodooblaster : 26th May 2021 at 14:36. Reason: Content addition
Voodooblaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 21:03   #34
BHPian

Quote:
• The overall fit and finish in The Jazz seem better.
1. With my experience I can tell you that it is one order more difficult to achieve fit and finish on a sedans truck door when compared to a hatchback back door in manufacturing plant.
2. More importantly it’s a very hard talk to optimise the sedan’s boot door opening and closing force.

My question to fellow bhpians, how many times during airport commutes has the taxi’s boot door fallen on hand or your head unexpectedly?
gauravanekar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 15:50   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgyan View Post
Small correction : Cruise control won't deactivate if you use accelerator. It'll accelerate further but once you let go of it, it'll come back and hold the set speed. Atleast that's how it works on my City CVT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
Does the cruise control deactivate in case we press the accelerator pedal? Can you please confirm.
Tested cruise control again today. Only the brake pedal disengages cruise control

After Acceleration the car again comes to the set speed
Voodooblaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 20:24   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Tested cruise control again today. Only the brake pedal disengages cruise control

After Acceleration the car again comes to the set speed
Great write up of an equally potent vehicle. Heartiest congratulations for your stallion.

Since I am also contemplating buying 4th Gen city , could you please let know why SvV was chosen over the V variant.

Also, request you if you could please show a picture of the keys you got with the car to get my an idea about the key fob.
NST440 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 10:30   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
Great write up of an equally potent vehicle. Heartiest congratulations for your stallion.
Thank you for your kind words

Quote:
Since I am also contemplating buying 4th Gen city , could you please let know why SvV was chosen over the V variant.
It was a corporate purchase and there was a budget limit. Hence SV variant

Why have you shortlisted 4th gen over 5th gen ? 5th gen has higher GC and safety as per the showroom guys. Need to see Tbhp and other reviews to confirm

Electrically foldable ORVM, Smart phone connectivity (android auto/car play), reverse camera and Push button start are the major difference between the two variants of 4th gen

Quote:
Also, request you if you could please show a picture of the keys you got with the car to get my an idea about the key fob.
The Grey Stallion | BS6 4th-Gen Honda City SV-MT Review-20210618_101041.jpg

It's a normal key that has remote unlock and lock. Trunk has to be opened via key or through lever near driver seat.

Directly unlocking the trunk without pressing unlock button on the key triggers alarm
Voodooblaster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks