Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2022, 17:11   #46
BHPian

Re: 1 Year Update - 8652kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspatil View Post
You mentioned about 10-12 hour drives and also about the non optimal NVH levels. Doesn't the noise and vibration tire you out on such long drives? Since our plan is to use the Triber on outstation trips this is something that is bothering. What kind of noise is felt in the cabin? Wind or engine or noise from the tires? This will help in figuring out where to put the dampening.

Related to the noise and vibration, what RPMs do you see when cruising at 80-100 KMPH. I have seen some videos on YT showing the RPM above 4K when the Triber is cruising at about 100 KMPH. At 4K RPM the engine would be quite noisy isn't it?

You could try to coat a layer of epoxy over the cracked area to arrest further spread of the cracks. I did ask earlier about it's easy removal since for every wash/dusting it needs to be removed and refit since there is not much gap for proper cleaning. How do you deal with that?
The vibrations die down once you start moving, at idle rpm it's literally like sitting in a mild massage chair. The main issue is the engine noise, it is audible even at 2-3k rpm, I checked for any dampening underneath the bonnet; but it is bare metal with a thick cloth dampening sheet, maybe good quality dampening sheets can help a bit. Also if you're just planning to cruise at 80-100 the noise and vibrations won't tire you, just that they could've been better; I've pointed out the NVH levels because they've done wonders with NVH levels in Kiger with the same engine. You can take the test drive of both the vehicles on same day and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Absolutely no wind noise inside the cabin at 80-100 speeds, and the noise from tires is average : noisy over concrete and feels like gliding over butter on tar roads. Songs can really help a lot with fading away the engine noise, but I like to concentrate on roads while driving.

While cruising at 80-100 the revs remain between 2.5-3k rpm (2,825rpm to be precise, checked with OBD), it gets really noisy once past 3.5k rpm.

Planning to coat the rouf rails with a matte black wrap, the removal is very easy as you just have to loosen the bolts at four corners and it comes off easily. It is a 2 man job and I don't remove it regularly, once every 2-3 months.
Venky03 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 10:32   #47

Re: Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update

Hi, Just need some details on ambient lights and puddle lamps. Where did you get them from ? How did you connect the ambient lights ?
Old 2nd March 2022, 13:51   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfury29 View Post
Hi, Just need some details on ambient lights and puddle lamps. Where did you get them from ? How did you connect the ambient lights ?
I've ordered the ambient lights from amazon, the installation was fairly simple as it is powered from the 12v socket and the wires are long and easy to route.

The puddle lamps were also ordered from amazon, again the installation and setup was a breeze as no wires are involved. But I won't recommend these as they often fail to detect if the doors are open or closed and either stay on throughout or don't turn on even if the door is open. But you have the option to manually turn them on/off via the button on top.
Old 11th June 2022, 16:09   #49
BHPian

Applied two coats of TW SealNShine before monsoons. Took me around 4hrs to properly clean the car, do some minor paint correction and then finally coat it with SealNShine. Also applied TW trim restorer as the last coat had started to fade out.

Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update-1654943769501.jpeg

Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update-1653908299864.jpg
Venky03 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 15:11   #50
BHPian

2nd Year Update

The car completed it's 2nd year in December, the year had been a bit on the quieter side as the car only covered around 4000kms. I don't put the cover on in rainy season so I used to wash the car once every month, here are some before and after shots:

Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update-img_20221105_142952.jpg

Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update-166764718755901.jpg

Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update-166583172076101.jpg

Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update-166583177008701.jpg

Also got my hands on the TW Hybrid Solutions Graphene Wax :

Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update-img_20221015_183033.jpg

The gloss is amazing, but it lasts only for 2-3 weeks :

Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update-166583188699501.jpg

I had planned for an annual detailing from Max Shine but as the car had not travelled a lot this year the exteriors were in a decent state so cancelled it.

The 3rd service cost came to around ₹4,500. I did not opt for wheel balancing in this service, and switched to synthetic oil, apart from that everything was same as 2nd service. One screw holding the front left mud flap fell off which was fixed in the 3rd service FOC, did not face any other issues with the car.
The wipers were not gliding smoothly and the rubber had started to crack, so replaced them with Hella counterparts. Triber requires 20" wiper for the driver side and a 16" wiper for the passenger side with A2-1 mounts for both.

Hella Universal mount did fit in but it was not a snug fit:

Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update-hella.jpg

Reused the mounts from old wipers, did require some sanding to fit on the Hella frame :

Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update-oldmount.jpg

Hella Wipers:

Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update-newwipers.jpg

Clayed the windshield, followed with IPA and coated with TW SealNShine as the last step:

The drl chrome inserts had started to rust, polished and coated with wax:

Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update-chrbef.jpg

Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update-chraft.jpg

Some additional annual preventative maintenance:
  • Wurth spray on rubber beadings
  • Silicone spray on seat-belts
  • White-lithium spray grease on door joints
  • Polished and coated headlights & tail-lights with TW SealNShine
  • Tyres cleaned and coated with Turtle Wax WetNBlack
  • Cleaned and coated all trim surfaces with TW Trim Restorer

The Philips Xtremevision headlights have been working well so far:

Attaching some photos from recent trips:

Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update-165263204449201.jpg

Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update-1660365420602.jpg

Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update-1659887591634.jpg

Overall the car has been very reliable and comfortable, the AMT even though a bit jerky at first is a lot smoother now and there's no fatigue even after long drives. The mileage has been exceptional on highway runs(17-19kmpl) and miserable in city.(10-13kmpl) I've received so many compliments for the reclining middle row from friends and relatives that it almost feels like a premium feature now.
Venky03 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 17:44   #51
BHPian

Usually, I start my car if it has been idle for over 10 days. However, a few weeks ago, I couldn't start the car despite no error appearing on the MID. Inspected under the hood and found this :

Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update-img_20230118_130141.jpg

This was the side indicator wiring, and I was unable to inspect the wiring of other crucial components. Decided to contact the Renault RSA, as it was included with the extended warranty. They asked for my location and inquired if I required a cab and they mentioned that the service would be FOC. The towing vehicle arrived within 2hrs and picked up the car :

Received a call from Renault service advisor the next day, and I requested them to inspect all the wiring harnesses in the car along with fuel lines. After a few hours he informed me that there was no major damage and mentioned that some parts will need to be replaced and the total will be around ₹2300 including labor. The engine start issue was not caused by rat damage but rather by faulty relays. I was already aware of the relay issue, as it had been reported multiple times in the owner's group, I'm glad that RASS informed about this issue upfront. Dropping down the part numbers and boodmo links for fellow Triber owners:
They also patched up the side indicator wires and the car was ready for delivery within 2 days. The overall experience with both RSA and ASS was smooth and hassle-free.

Last edited by Venky03 : 24th May 2023 at 17:46.
Venky03 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 14:57   #52
BHPian

Since our purchase in December 2020, it has proven to be a very reliable companion and was used exclusively for highway commutes. The roomy interiors and finely-tuned suspension more than compensated for the sluggish engine and gearbox combo. Taking good care of the car, along with excellent support from RASS, made my ownership experience trouble-free. We had considered buying the Tiago EV for city driving due to lifestyle changes, while the Triber would still be reserved for highway trips but the plans for additional parking space fell through. Eventually, we decided to sell the Triber and switch to another sub-20L EV. Initially, we had intended to sell it to one of my friends, but due to some last-minute complications, we decided to go with Spinny instead.

Photos from our last drive with the car:

Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update-1689570153225.jpg

Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update-16894273809586.jpg

Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update-168942738095601.jpg

Join the tribe! Renault Triber RXT AMT Review - 1 Year & 8,652 kms update-1689489056553.jpg

This car holds a lot of sentimental value. It kick-started my TeamBHP journey, taught me how to care for a car, and connected me with fantastic fellow BHPians and Triber owners. I hope it ends up with someone who'll give it the same care and love as I have.

Cheers!
Venky03 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 12:04   #53
RDE

Hello Venky,

Its a pleasure to read your review and feedback for Renault Triber AMT.

We have a blue Alto Lxi 2007 model. We are a family of 5 and would like to upgrade to a comfortable AMT or AT MPV. The options which we have shortlisted are Renault Triber RXZ AMT and Suzuki Ertiga VXi AT.

Request your feedback to guide and suggest as to which option we should go for.

Thanks & Regards,
RDE
Old 24th April 2024, 19:10   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDE View Post

We have a blue Alto Lxi 2007 model. We are a family of 5 and would like to upgrade to a comfortable AMT or AT MPV. The options which we have shortlisted are Renault Triber RXZ AMT and Suzuki Ertiga VXi AT.
Hey RDE, if the Ertiga fits your budget, it's clearly a better choice than the Triber with superior NVH, engine, and gearbox. Consider the Triber if you specifically need a compact option.
Venky03 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks