Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2021, 01:23   #391
BHPian

Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bineet_D View Post
Hello,
Could facelift owners please help with the build number of their Uconnect systems. My version is showing as FCA_R1L_ARM64_00.26.79.13.02 and I am having the Android Auto calling issue. Outgoing calls have no sound when initiated by invoking the Google assistant. But when initiated via the phone app in Android Auto, it works just fine. Incoming calls are also working as intended, and issue is only with the outgoing calls.
I've visited the dealer, and they say there are no updates for my VIN. Marked a mail to customer care, and received a call back saying they are aware of such issues, and working on an update.
I had asked other owners in FB groups, where one of them confirmed that their Compass has been recently updated to version having last 4 digits as 51.00
Could Tbhp facelift Compass owners please help me with the build number of their Uconnect systems. Also anyone has information if updates are rolled out for all vehicles at once, or are they rolled out VIN wise.
Thanks,
Will confirm the Uconnect version tomorrow but the problem is something i face too. My belief is that once u receive that first incoming call after that a call with assistant works fine. Please keep me posted if there is an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie_Jeeper View Post
Noticed that the fuel efficiency shown defaults to 15.9 kmpl after you switch off the engine for sometime. But the value shown while you drive seems to be pretty accurate. I can confirm this as I tested it manually as well on a 350 km drive. I thought there was something wrong with just my car but there are people on Youtube who are also facing this.

Request all fellow compass face-lift owners to confirm if they are facing the same thing or not. Probably is a software bug.
The fuel efficiency computation has crapped out on multiple people in the Multi-trip widget. Works fine in the standalone widget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshanvalsan View Post
Hello everyone. Planning to book a Techno metallic green compass Model S (O2) for my wife this month's end before the price hike. We love the looks, handling, and ride. But some Youtube videos of issues faced by compass owners are making us think twice. Have gone through this thread and found minimal problems. If that's the case, I'll be more than happy to go with Jeep.

One of the most talked-about issues is the battery drain. Our executive said it happens when the auto headlamps are kept on, which is hard to believe. Is there any way to avoid this? Is this very common?

Other than this issue, is there something else I need to be worried about? Are there DPF issues or issues with the infotainment system? If there are major issues, might go with Tucson. But hoping the issues are minor and easily correctable.

Thanks in advance.

Roshan
I was the lucky one to not have faced a battery issue so far. I believe a recent update has fixed it. The problem was with the MID not turning off and hence over a period of 10 days draining the battery out. Today i returned after 21 days and it was completely fine.

No car is hassle free but the Jeep experience is definitely worth it. Go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
So guys with all the DPF issues going on, have the Compass owners faced any similar problem with their cars? Also, the automatics seem to be more prone to these issue.
5k kms and 5 months done. So far so good with Limited Manual

Last edited by abhatt : 2nd October 2021 at 01:33.
abhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 03:11   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshanvalsan View Post
Hello everyone. Planning to book a Techno metallic green compass Model S (O2) for my wife this month's end before the price hike. We love the looks, handling, and ride. But some Youtube videos of issues faced by compass owners are making us think twice. Have gone through this thread and found minimal problems. If that's the case, I'll be more than happy to go with Jeep.

One of the most talked-about issues is the battery drain. Our executive said it happens when the auto headlamps are kept on, which is hard to believe. Is there any way to avoid this? Is this very common?

Other than this issue, is there something else I need to be worried about? Are there DPF issues or issues with the infotainment system? If there are major issues, might go with Tucson. But hoping the issues are minor and easily correctable.

Thanks in advance.

Roshan
Hi Roshan, I took delivery of my techno green model s 4x4 AT 2 weeks back. And am facing rattling issues in the cabin since day 1. And it just seems to be getting worse day by day. SC is unable to fix them and the car has spent 2.5 days in the workshop already and is slated to go there again in a few days. Do keep in mind there is a very prominent QC issue as per my experience.
Old 2nd October 2021, 11:44   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
Will confirm the Uconnect version tomorrow but the problem is something i face too. My belief is that once u receive that first incoming call after that a call with assistant works fine. Please keep me posted if there is an update.
Yes, there was an update that has been applied to my car. The version has now been updated to 51.00. This update is not yet official, and has its own bugs, like units get changed to mph, F, bar instead of kmph, C, psi once in 5-6 times you start the car. You have to manually change the units. But atleast I'm able to use the calling function properly now. Hope the update is resolved in the near future.
Also, one thing I've noticed is that the DRL in auto setting does not light up during the day time. Only when it gets dark, does the entire light setup gets lit. I think the DRL should get lit all through out the day, as that is its purpose. I guess Jeep has changed this light setting in one of their previous software updates to check their battery drain issue. Because as far as I remember, during my initial days with the car, DRL used to light up in auto setting. Not sure though.
Bineet_D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 23:17   #394
Senior - BHPian

Guys who own the new 4x4 AT, could you please share the amount of insurance you paid and what was the IDV?
Old 6th October 2021, 16:57   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manas5 View Post
Hi Roshan, I took delivery of my techno green model s 4x4 AT 2 weeks back. And am facing rattling issues in the cabin since day 1. And it just seems to be getting worse day by day. SC is unable to fix them and the car has spent 2.5 days in the workshop already and is slated to go there again in a few days. Do keep in mind there is a very prominent QC issue as per my experience.
May be I am asking stupid questions. Are these rattles with any specific models/ colors. The new colors launched were delayed. There was no rattles in the previous generation of the compass. May be there is no logic to colour but just checking. If all the rattles are associated to a particular colour. Also during the PDI process are we allowed to drive the vehicle or does the dealership do a run test. The vehicle is taken from a lorry and just parked in the lot. Not sure if this issue can be picked up during PDI. If the dealership drives the vehicle for PDI may be we can ask them to include us in the ride.
Old 7th October 2021, 10:41   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
May be I am asking stupid questions. Are these rattles with any specific models/ colors. The new colors launched were delayed. There was no rattles in the previous generation of the compass. May be there is no logic to colour but just checking. If all the rattles are associated to a particular colour. Also during the PDI process are we allowed to drive the vehicle or does the dealership do a run test. The vehicle is taken from a lorry and just parked in the lot. Not sure if this issue can be picked up during PDI. If the dealership drives the vehicle for PDI may be we can ask them to include us in the ride.
That's actually a good question. But it isn't really about the color but the facelifted version of the cars. I had developed rattles in the driver side of door as well. So major progression in rattling noises within a month and 600 km of ownership. After 3 visits to the service center and multiple escalations and discussions I have some details to it.

So in the facelifted version the door are not as rigid as the last gen due to the multiple finishes and sections they are made of. The different sections and hot welded/glues together. Upon my complaints the SC team had reached out to FCA and as of now they do not have a permanent solution to the rattles. While they did insulate both the doors and "clipped/insulated" the cables, the noise is still persistent on bumpy roads and any bassy music over even a little higher volume And if you crank up the speakers it sounds like any cheap ICE setup which just is not designed to handle high volumes at all. And they have confirmed that there is no fix to it. If they indeed are right about their claims, there is indeed a design flaw in the compass 2021 which can't be fixed right now.

I'm really happy with how the vehicle drives and the tech it comes with. But these issues have put serious doubt over the long term reliability. I'm fairly certain the noises are going to increase as I keep using the car, which I intend to do for road trips. Not at all as rugged it is marketed.

Also, dealers do not allow driving of even starting the vehicle during PDI.

Last edited by Manas5 : 7th October 2021 at 10:43. Reason: missed a question
Old 7th October 2021, 11:00   #397
BHPian

Manas5, I dont't see any other rattling issues apart from that of himanshugoswami's car which he managed to get sorted out. You could probably use a similar solution.
Old 7th October 2021, 11:22   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manas5 View Post
That's actually a good question. But it isn't really about the color but the facelifted version of the cars. I had developed rattles in the driver side of door as well. So major progression in rattling noises within a month and 600 km of ownership. After 3 visits to the service center and multiple escalations and discussions I have some details to it.

So in the facelifted version the door are not as rigid as the last gen due to the multiple finishes and sections they are made of. The different sections and hot welded/glues together. Upon my complaints the SC team had reached out to FCA and as of now they do not have a permanent solution to the rattles. While they did insulate both the doors and "clipped/insulated" the cables, the noise is still persistent on bumpy roads and any bassy music over even a little higher volume And if you crank up the speakers it sounds like any cheap ICE setup which just is not designed to handle high volumes at all. And they have confirmed that there is no fix to it. If they indeed are right about their claims, there is indeed a design flaw in the compass 2021 which can't be fixed right now.

I'm really happy with how the vehicle drives and the tech it comes with. But these issues have put serious doubt over the long term reliability. I'm fairly certain the noises are going to increase as I keep using the car, which I intend to do for road trips. Not at all as rugged it is marketed.

Also, dealers do not allow driving of even starting the vehicle during PDI.
Thanks Manas for the perspective. If its a design flaw, there should be several cars which are reporting this issue. Did the service advisor give you the perspective based on a lot of cars coming back for this issue. I asked my SA and he was not aware of the issue and told that it could have been a batch specific at max. I have asked this some time back when the forum members initially reported this matter and was informed that there was some FB post on Jeep's page. With Jeep, given the limited number of dealerships and in Chennai, they have only dealership, its not easy to miss. I will recheck from my source again this week end to see if there is further update to this

Last edited by Lalitha Venkat : 7th October 2021 at 11:32.
Old 7th October 2021, 11:28   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
Manas5, I dont't see any other rattling issues apart from that of himanshugoswami's car which he managed to get sorted out. You could probably use a similar solution.
I did indeed have a chat with him. His initial issue was something different and has been resolved now. But since then he too has witnessed another rattling issue that I'm not sure if is fixed yet.

Quote:
Thanks Manas for the perspective. If its a design flaw, there should be several cars which are reporting this issue. Did the service advisor give you the perspective based on a lot of cars coming back for this issue. I asked my SA and he was not aware of the issue and told that it could have been a batch specific at max. I have asked this some time back when the forum members initially reported this matter and was informed that there was some FB post on Jeep's page. With Jeep, given the limited number of dealerships and in Chennai, they have only dealership, its not easy to miss. I will recheck from my source again this week end to see if there is further update to this

The SC guy I was dealing with did mention he has worked on such instances. Though not prominent, such issues are sure being reported. I wonder if I am the chosen one to have it cropping up this early
Manas5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 15:00   #400

Quote:
Originally Posted by getlakshya View Post
Quick update on my Sport Petrol MT.
I have driven 2500 km now, a superb experience to date, the mileage is 12.8 (mostly city driving).
Traversed a tricky patch of around 4 km of big and deep potholes effortlessly. The confidence you derive while driving Compass is the best thing that attracted me earlier and attracts me to date .

Thanks.
Quick update: Crossed 4800 km of niggle free ownership. Mileage is 11.9 now as city driving has increased substantially. It's a joy to drive Compass and I didn't observe any rattling issue in the door panel either.
getlakshya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 15:03   #401

Quote:
Not sure if this issue can be picked up during PDI. If the dealership drives the vehicle for PDI may be we can ask them to include us in the ride.
I did a detailed PDI myself by also driving the vehicle for around 5 km and sincerely adhered to the Team-BHP PDI checklist as well.
getlakshya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 14:20   #402
BHPian

Anyone with a Dark Color car? (Blue or Green)

What are the steps you take for maintenance?

I am not doing anything apart from an early morning regular wash. My dealer says that when they wash it in the Service Center they do apply a thin coat of wax after it.

So technically, I have got it waxed at the time of delivery, a 3 month car wash and now during the 6 month service.

Is that enough or do I need to worry?
Old 22nd October 2021, 14:43   #403
BHPian

Have got full body PPF done .
Quote:

I am not doing anything apart from an early morning regular wash. My dealer says that when they wash it in the Service Center they do apply a thin coat of wax after it.

So technically, I have got it waxed at the time of delivery, a 3 month car wash and now during the 6 month service.

Old 25th October 2021, 09:42   #404
BHPian

Quote:

I took delivery of a Galaxy Blue earlier this month and had a similar concern. Full body PPF was beyond my budget, so opted for a 9H ceramic coating and PPF for the bumpers. This comes with a 5 years warranty and they do a top up coat every 6 months. Do consider it if your budget permits.
Old 25th October 2021, 11:20   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekar.ca View Post
I took delivery of a Galaxy Blue earlier this month and had a similar concern. Full body PPF was beyond my budget, so opted for a 9H ceramic coating and PPF for the bumpers. This comes with a 5 years warranty and they do a top up coat every 6 months. Do consider it if your budget permits.
Hey Sehkar - Congrats on your car delivery.

How much did you pay for the 9H ceramic coating and PPF on bumper? Do you see a long term difference when doing ceramic coating? Is it worth doing. I have been thinking of doing the same but wondering whether it's worth or not.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks